• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 23, 2014, 12:57:30 AM
Lucky for us, because if our relative sizes were reversed, they would kill us and eat us without a second thought.  And I can say that, because I'm a lifelong cat person.

They might not eat us, but they might "play" with us in a not fun way.

Quote from: zeebo on June 23, 2014, 01:06:06 AM

True dat.

[attachimg=1]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 23, 2014, 01:26:26 AM
True dat.

[attachimg=1]

That actually happened. There was a History Channel documentary about it.

onan

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 23, 2014, 01:26:26 AM
True dat.

[attachimg=1]

I don't care how big the cat is. I have a laser pointer and a ball of string.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on June 22, 2014, 11:17:07 PM
Kiss sells coffins (Kiss Kaskets):

[attachimg=1]

Why not spend eternity in a Tardis coffin? It's bigger on the inside. True fax

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 23, 2014, 04:09:05 AM
Why not spend eternity in a Tardis coffin? It's bigger on the inside. True fax

Video or it didn't happen.

basswood

Quote from: zeebo on June 23, 2014, 01:06:06 AM

They've already come for the dog...

[attachimg=1]

wr250

Quote from: onan on June 23, 2014, 03:11:40 AM
I don't care how big the cat is. I have a laser pointer and a ball of string.

doesnt always work. ask sigfried and roy.

Manowar sells their own brand of "warrior shields"   :-\

The Rutles sued Oasis... and won.

Neil Young released an album influenced by Kraftwerk.

Elton John tried to sign Iggy and the Stooges to his own label , by dressing in a monkey suit and jumping on stage mid-gig with a contract and a pen! Iggy & Co were terrified, and ran away.

MV/Liberace!

In 1989, Disney sued three Florida day care centers because they had depicted Disney characters on their walls.

albrecht

Quote from: MV on June 23, 2014, 12:09:31 PM
In 1989, Disney sued three Florida day care centers because they had depicted Disney characters on their walls.
That's crazy, but I'm not surprised. Remember when Starbucks sued that beer maker? The reply is hilarious.
http://tinyurl.com/lhrkp5y

wr250

Quote from: MV on June 23, 2014, 12:09:31 PM
and then 10 years later, greased up congress's palms enough to get the "mickey mouse protection act" passed.

When Walt Disney Company lawyers questioned the University of Oregon's use of Donald Duck as their mascot, they claimed they had a verbal agreement from Walt to do so. 

The university came to an agreement with the company allowing continued use of Donald as their mascot when the school produced a photo of Walt Disney meeting with school officials and wearing a jacket with an Oregon Donald logo.

[attachimg=1]

Check out the white Duck in the photo

[attachimg=2]

McPhallus

Kind of like when a person dies, the cat gets a few weeks of free food, depending on the size of the person.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 23, 2014, 12:57:30 AM
Lucky for us, because if our relative sizes were reversed, they would kill us and eat us without a second thought.  And I can say that, because I'm a lifelong cat person.

cweb

The New Order song Blue Monday came from a song called "5 8 6" which was originally produced for a magazine. The magazine came with a cassette that you were supposed to listen to while you read it.

Oasis' "Wonderwall" was originally titled "Wishing Stone." While many people have speculated who it's actually about, Noel Gallagher has said repeatedly that it's "basically about a good friend who saves you from yourself."

MV/Liberace!

Despite his obsession with succession and the turmoil over his wives, Henry VIII had no grandchildren who followed him as monarch.

Quote from: missing transmission on June 23, 2014, 07:02:34 AM

Neil Young released an album influenced by Kraftwerk.

Is this Trans? I read Neil made this album because he was using a vocoder to communicate to his disabled son. I guess the son responded well only to people speaking through the vocoder, so Neil made a whole album out of it.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 24, 2014, 05:34:41 PM
Is this Trans? I read Neil made this album because he was using a vocoder to communicate to his disabled son. I guess the son responded well only to people speaking through the vocoder, so Neil made a whole album out of it.

He also personally bailed out the Lionel model train company with a couple of million bucks several year and kept it from going out of business.  That was a nice gesture.  Apparently, he's a longtime model railroad enthusiast.

eddie dean

Quote from: McPhallus on June 23, 2014, 03:38:50 PM
Kind of like when a person dies, the cat gets a few weeks of free food, depending on the size of the person.

My cat would make short work of my corpse. She's quite vengeful and still holds a grudge because I charge $2.44 for a kibble meal & $4.78 for canned food meal. ;D
That mortgage ain't going to pay for itself Miss Wiskers! ;)

MV/Liberace!

The US Air Force has studied the flight capabilities of the dragonfly.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 24, 2014, 05:34:41 PM

yeah i read the Kraftwerk comment in an old pop music encyclopaedia - there's only Trans and The Dead Man OSt by Neil Young that I listen to and they're some of his least popular work :-)

Also did you know that Robert Palmer did an electro track in the early 80s that he sang in Urdu... yes really...

'The Silver Gun' ~ Robert Palmer

Quote from: missing transmission on June 25, 2014, 01:38:06 PM
there's only Trans and The Dead Man OSt by Neil Young that I listen to and they're some of his least popular work :-)

I love "Dead Man."  Robert Mitchum was fantastic in what was his last (I believe) movie appearance. The scene where he's ranting at the giant stuffed bear is priceless.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a still from that.  And, of course, what can you say about the cameos by Iggy Pop and Billy Bob Thornton other than, WTF?  Twisted brilliance!

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

"Stupid fucking white man."

[attachimg=3]

Ooops. How could I have forgotten Lance Henricksen's character and what he did to his parents. Talk about resentment issues.

[attachimg=1]

pate

Fact:  This is the background on the Laptop I hardly ever use:

MV/Liberace!

The horned toad defends itself by squirting blood from its eyes.

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on June 26, 2014, 11:18:59 AM

Neither a toad or frog but a lizzard found in my home state of az. Never saw one actually squirt blood, but they do indeed use this as a defence mechanism. Kept a few as a pet when I was a kid, interesting creatures.
Their bodies can become amazingly flat to squeeze between rock formations for shade/safety.

[attachimg=1]

Jackstar

Nice Little Fact: My ex defended herself by squirting... wait, I can't finish this in any dimension. Hrrrm.

Quote from: MV on June 26, 2014, 11:18:59 AM

As does Celine Dion.

MV/Liberace!

As Secretary of War, Jefferson Davis imported camels for the army to ride.

onan

Quote from: MV on June 27, 2014, 04:04:20 PM
As Secretary of War, Jefferson Davis imported camels for the army to ride.

As does Celine Dion.