• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Nice Little Facts

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 20, 2014, 04:56:20 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Rix Gins on March 14, 2017, 02:34:13 PM
Senator Robert Kennedy used an 'applause prompter' at gatherings when he was running for President.  I went to see him talk at an airport and I was standing by a big speaker.  He delivered his speech and every once in awhile the crowd would break out in applause but it was strange because I could hear the roar of the crowd coming out of that speaker before anyone behind me would clap or cheer.  Of course everyone was like lemmings, and fell into cheering once that speaker thing prompted them to do so.

interesting.

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 14, 2017, 01:48:28 PM
So do three artichokes, nine whores, and thirty politicians. For a total of 45. Think about it.

I'm in.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Taaroa on March 14, 2017, 02:15:02 PM
I think the ones on the 787 are okay, but the A380...

I remember that. Qantas wasn't it? Quite a stir in the blame game I understand.

Taaroa

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 14, 2017, 05:21:36 PM
I remember that. Qantas wasn't it? Quite a stir in the blame game I understand.
If I remember rightly it was a manufacturer error, because they found more engines at other airlines with the same issue that caused the failure.

There is a lot of disgust amongst Australian pilots over the captain taking so much credit and being in the spotlight so much. I did hear that he was married to a publicist or someone else in pr and that's why that happened.

effluenza

Pluto is smaller than the USA.

Jackstar

Quote from: Σ> on March 14, 2017, 11:28:07 AM
you're awkward and have trouble forging relationships.

I remember it differently.

Quote from: Σ> on March 14, 2017, 11:28:07 AM
we get it.

... is this the same 'we' that found Johnathan Reed to be offering a compelling tale?

Look, it's adorable how you're frontin' that somehow everything you read is 100% true and accurate except when it isn't, but come on--methinks the BOFH doth protest too much.

Taaroa

Moonraker holds the world record for the largest number of zero gravity wires in one scene. The scene in the Venice glass factory also holds the record for the largest amount of break-away sugar glass used in a single scene.

Jackstar

Catholics believe in theophagy.

MV/Liberace!

Nintendo, the company, has existed for 130 years.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on November 21, 2019, 09:08:59 AM
Nintendo, the company, has existed for 130 years.
Heh, Victorian-era video games.

MV/Liberace!

The 10th US President, John Tyler, was born in 1790. He took office in 1841 after William Henry Harrison died. He has two living grandchildren. Their dad was Tyler’s son.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/29842/president-john-tylers-grandsons-are-still-alive

MV/Liberace!

Dwight Eisenhower was never in combat.

Gd5150

Mike Bloomberg was a Democrat before he was a Republican before he was a Democrat before he was a Republican before he was a Democrat.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 19, 2020, 01:53:43 PM
Mike Bloomberg was a Democrat before he was a Republican before he was a Democrat before he was a Republican before he was a Democrat.

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 19, 2020, 01:53:43 PM
But he's always been an asshat.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on February 18, 2020, 07:13:18 AM
The 10th US President, John Tyler, was born in 1790. He took office in 1841 after William Henry Harrison died. He has two living grandchildren. Their dad was Tyler’s son.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/29842/president-john-tylers-grandsons-are-still-alive
That is pretty amazing! I also enjoyed the politically correct hand-wringing over the Tyler men "have a habit of having children very late in life." In other words, they liked to marry younger women once widowed. Shocking. Appalling. #metoo

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2020, 03:24:50 PM
That is pretty amazing! I also enjoyed the politically correct hand-wringing over the Tyler men "have a habit of having children very late in life." In other words, they liked to marry younger women once widowed. Shocking. Appalling. #metoo
Horrendous!  Yoyo can now post a long, eye-rolling diatribe of outrage against the heathen Tyler clan. 

The face of evil!

Jackstar

Quote from: AZZERAE on August 30, 2020, 11:13:22 AM
Brutal. Nasty.

Heretofore undisclosed nice little fact: my rap battle name is "Filthy McNasty." Drives the chicks wild, you have absolutely [8]no idea.[/8] Brethren & Sistren, feel free to freely use it yourself.

I'm a giver. GNU commons licence, all that. FOR THE FANZ

Ciardelo

Soldiers deserve soldiers, Sir.

Jackstar

It's not funny when you say it.

Jackstar

They had me working on the Titor op at one point. I'm not going to lie, it was cool. I can't won't talk about it... it's still, you know--whatevah... . F****** clown world HONK HONK go eat my dick.

GRAB SOME MUSTARD AND SOME F****** CUTLERY ON THE WAY OUT YOU F***

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv6GXj8CF9I

I fucking love Neil Diamond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LdF2fNC04E

I especially love that part in the movie, where his dad gets all pissed at him for not being a good cog in the Good Machine, and rips up his clothes to show how pissed he was. So droll. My dad did something similar this one time, he was all, "If you don't mow the lawn, I'm not going to come to your high school graduation!!" and I was instantly, "sure, go ahead, stay home and (CENSORED), (REDACTED), and (CENSORED), I don't care!" Then I walked off, laughing.

Neil probably did it better. But I did it with style.

pate

I learned last night that Lionel Ritchie wrote every single song that exists.  I have not yet verified this fact, but the overlay of the following:

https://youtu.be/nqAvFx3NxUM

https://youtu.be/FowoI-Dv0io

OR independent play of each, is startling...

Quote from: Jackstar on September 07, 2020, 03:36:36 AM
...Neil Diamond....

In Deed!

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 12, 2020, 09:59:44 PM
Well, she sure aint no Dr. Laura now is she?

I believe that Dr. Laura was created out of whole cloth in order to cast shade on Dr. Joy Browne. She's dead now--died on the air, if you ask me--and just ask yourselves... did you ever hear of her? No?

OBVIOUS BOLSHEVIK PLOT IS OBVIOUS. CHANGE MY MIND.

SpaceMeowMaid

Jackstar's kisses taste like sardines and cinnamon gum!
Also these are the kind of kisses that make your toes curl!
Last fact of Jackstar's kisses; they make me lose my balance!

Carry on!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on September 22, 2020, 03:54:04 PM
Jackstar's kisses taste like sardines and cinnamon gum!
Also these are the kind of kisses that make your toes curl!
Last fact of Jackstar's kisses; they make me lose my balance!

Carry on!

🤮