• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Health comparisons around the world

Started by Yorkshire pud, June 18, 2014, 01:57:08 AM

SciFiAuthor

What's interesting about those numbers isn't how badly the US does, it's a study skewed to promote universal healthcare, but how awful Canada's doing with its universal healthcare system even with it being skewed. I guess the Canadians were chosen as the sacrificial chicken in the statistical voodoo that went on with this one.

It should be a state to state policy. Some states can institute single payer if the voters wish, others not. That way you have a choice, if you want a UK style healthcare system, move to Illinois. If you want an insurance system, move to Texas. Problem solved.

someguy

The universal healthcare here in canada is just fine

someguy

Americans just can't seem to understand when other countries do things better.

albrecht

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 01:34:02 PM
Every other civilised country in the world can handle universal health care, I guess americans just aren't good enough.
Exactly, generally, unlike the rest of the world, we were taught to take care of ourselves and our families and if, for some legitimate reason, someone can't than through charity. Not to be content with millions of deadbeats living on the dole setting at home in the state funded council flat drinking lager and watching football.

Having said that I'm in favor of some kind of single-payer (or at least taking the healthcare costs, oversight, and HR management away from companies.) But one that, somehow, eliminates too much free-loading and only funds legitimate and necessary procedures. And tort reform to keep costs down. But, unlike the vaunted European countries (or Canada) the USA has a MUCH larger population and (unlike Canada) is a much physically larger country. So Belgium has a great plan. My state has how many "Belgiums" in it? So Norway's system is great (and it is). The total population of Norway approaches 5 million (including all the refugees they are letting in.) That is way smaller than many US cities, much less States and without the oil/gas and sovereign wealth fund I doubt Norway could do what she is doing now for sure. I say devolve power, and money, from the Federal government have States come up with some solutions which might include a "single-payer" model if they wish. And secure the borders.

someguy

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2014, 03:54:49 PM
Exactly, generally, unlike the rest of the world, we were taught to take care of ourselves and our families and if, for some legitimate reason, someone can't than through charity. Not to be content with millions of deadbeats living on the dole setting at home in the state funded council flat drinking lager and watching football.

You're completely wrong about everything. You have no idea about anything. You should sit back and rethink your life choices.

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 03:56:28 PM
You're completely wrong about everything. You have no idea about anything. You should sit back and rethink your life choices.

Yet the simple suggestion that we try a State by State system, and then see what works best, cannot penetrate the Totalitarian-Statist mind...

You are comparing a fucked up system of Health-embezzlement with State-sized countries health systems, that aren't NEARY as Peter-Pan Perfect as you keep suggesting -- yet you want to sit here and spew vitriol at anyone suggesting a more sane approach that actually takes into CONSIDERATION the thoughts of YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS, and you CRY like girl when you get a dose of your own bile tossed back into your face!

The Genius of it I swear!

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 04:39:25 PM
Yet the simple suggestion that we try a State by State system, and then see what works best, cannot penetrate the Totalitarian-Statist mind...

You are comparing a fucked up system of Health-embezzlement with State-sized countries health systems, that aren't NEARY as Peter-Pan Perfect as you keep suggesting -- yet you want to sit here and spew vitriol at anyone suggesting a more sane approach that actually takes into CONSIDERATION the thoughts of YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS, and you CRY like girl when you get a dose of your own bile tossed back into your face!

The Genius of it I swear!

Haha yeah, I sure am crying a whole bunch here in my country with proper healthcare and social services. It's so sad I can go see the doctor when I need to and don't have to worry about getting shot when an insane tea party loon like yourself snaps and shoots a place up.

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 04:44:05 PM
Haha yeah, I sure am crying a whole bunch here in my country with proper healthcare and social services. It's so sad I can go see the doctor when I need to and don't have to worry about getting shot when an insane tea party loon like yourself snaps and shoots a place up.

The only people shooting up people round these parts, is dyed in the wool liberal nut cases. Maybe we should pass a law banning liberals from owning firearms since it obvious as shit that they cant handle the responsibility.

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 04:44:05 PM
... here in my country with proper healthcare and social services.

I'm curious. What Country are you in?

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 04:45:30 PM
The only people shooting up people round these parts, is dyed in the wool liberal nut cases. Maybe we should pass a law banning liberals from owning firearms since it obvious as shit that they cant handle the responsibility.

Haha I bet they're all false flags too huh? Sorry, it's tea party people. Take your blinders off, you loon.

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 04:48:04 PM
Haha I bet they're all false flags too huh? Sorry, it's tea party people. Take your blinders off, you loon.

You better go see one of them perfect doctors in your perfect health system, and tell them they fucked-up with their psychological/cognitive assessment of you... Where'd they get your doctor from, a Cracker Jack box?

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 04:49:15 PM
You better go see one of them perfect doctors in your perfect health system, and tell them they fucked-up with their psychological/cognitive assessment of you... Where'd they get your doctor from, a Cracker Jack box?

Blah blah blah, you're wrong about everything, and too stupid and stubborn to notice. I'm so sorry your life was so bad you turned out like this. I'll pray for you.

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 04:51:01 PM
I'll pray for you.

To who?

This is really starting to get too easy...  ;D

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 04:53:10 PM
To who?

This is really starting to get too easy...  ;D

To Allah of course. Praise be unto him.

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 04:57:32 PM
To Allah of course. Praise be unto him.

You never answered the Country question; are you ashamed or embarrassed? What Country are you in?

qaddisin

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:01:08 PM
You never answered the Country question; are you ashamed or embarrassed? What Country are you in?

He answered it before you even asked it. Did you know they're bringing Reading Rainbow back?

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 03:44:23 PM
The universal healthcare here in canada is just fine

albrecht

Quote from: qaddisin on June 19, 2014, 05:26:02 PM
He answered it before you even asked it. Did you know they're bringing Reading Rainbow back?
He mentioned that he was in "canada" a country with a total population of, maybe 35 million, most of which live in a few main areas and a fairly difficult immigration system and without an open-border to a near 3rd world corrupt narco-state country.

Also, I notice his great pride in his country. He didn't even capitalize it when he replied!

Could you imagine if the US had this kind of dastardly immigration policy as opposed to "dreamers" and an open-border policy (in effect?)

from http://www.cic.gc.ca:
"There are many reasons we may not let you into Canada, such as:

you are a security risk,
    you have committed human or international rights violations,
    you have been convicted of a crime, or you have committed an act outside Canada that would be a crime,
    you have ties to organized crime,
    you have a serious health problem,
    you have a serious financial problem,
    you lied in your application or in an interview,
    you do not meet the conditions in Canada’s immigration law, or
    one of your family members is not allowed into Canada."

someguy

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2014, 05:38:52 PM
He mentioned that he was in "canada" a country with a total population of, maybe 35 million, most of which live in a few main areas and a fairly difficult immigration system and without an open-border to a near 3rd world corrupt narco-state country.

Also, I notice his great pride in his country. He didn't even capitalize it when he replied!

Could you imagine if the US had this kind of dastardly immigration policy as opposed to "dreamers" and an open-border policy (in effect?)

you are a security risk,
    you have been convicted of a crime, or you have committed an act outside Canada that would be a crime,

We do share a border with a 3rd world country, it's called the united states of america

Quick Karl

Quote from: qaddisin on June 19, 2014, 05:26:02 PM

Dipshit,

I didn't scroll back through the thread to see what stupidity you, or he, might have posted previously - y'all just aren't that important to me.

Thank you,

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2014, 05:38:52 PM

you are a security risk,

No of that matters to douchebags...

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:49:59 PM
Dipshit,

I didn't scroll back through the thread to see what stupidity you, or he, might have posted previously - y'all just aren't that important to me.

Thank you,

Looks like you're the one crying now

albrecht

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 05:41:05 PM
We do share a border with a 3rd world country, it's called the united states of america
I agree it is becoming so due to the policies and predilections of our current, and past, recent Presidents. If the USA is so bad than why do so many Canadians come here to get medical treatment or buy cigarettes? Or to spend the winter or to retire? Or listen to radio shows, like Art Bell ones, made and produced in the US? And why all the complaints when we started enforcing more border checks and requiring a passport (or passport card) for travel to your country? And if Canada (not I capitalize it unlike, apparently, its own citizens) is so great why can't you even win a Stanley Cup in decades? In a sport you invented!

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on June 19, 2014, 05:52:10 PM
Looks like you're the one crying now

You are confusing dismissing you as the blistering idiot you are, with crying - no surprise coming for someone of your limited intellectual capacity.

Quick Karl

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2014, 05:52:25 PM
I agree it is becoming so due to the policies and predilections of our current, and past, recent Presidents. If the USA is so bad than why do so many come here to get medical treatment or buy cigarettes? Or listen to radio shows, like Art Bell, made and produced in the US? And why all the complaints when we started enforcing more border checks and requiring a passport (or passport card) for travel to your country? And if Canada (not I capitalize it unlike, apparently, its own citizens) is so great why can't you even win a Stanley Cup in decades? In a sport you invented!

Does Canada have radio?

I've never even see a Television program from Canada, here in the US?

Do they manufacture automobiles in Canada?

What DO they manufacture in Canada, besides assholes?

What scientific breakthroughs and/or achievements have come out of Canada - I am SURE they must be some?

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:56:35 PM
You are confusing dismissing you as the blistering idiot you are, with crying - no surprise coming for someone of your limited intellectual capacity.

You can't even read properly and then you start crying when someone calls you out on it. Keep crying you massive wuss.

albrecht

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:50:56 PM
No of that matters to douchebags...
I have a solution to the problems. We fence off Interstate Highway 35 marshall all those illegals straight up north to Canada (canada as its citizen's apparently call it) where they can get that free, awesome healthcare! And Canada, being so accommodating and having such a great social safety net, wouldn't mind millions of poor, uneducated, often diseased, or outright criminals coming in from corrupt 3rd world countries, right?

someguy

Quote from: albrecht on June 19, 2014, 06:01:11 PM
I have a solution to the problems. We fence off Interstate Highway 35 marshall all those illegals straight up north to Canada (canada as its citizen's apparently call it) where they can get that free, awesome healthcare! And Canada, being so accommodating and having such a great social safety net, wouldn't mind millions of poor, uneducated, often diseased, or outright criminals coming in from corrupt 3rd world countries, right?

You're so jealous! You're so disappointed you can't be canadian.

albrecht

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:58:17 PM
Does Canada have radio?

Do they manufacture automobiles in Canada?

What scientific breakthroughs and/or achievements have come out of Canada - I am SURE they must be some?
I won't knock Canada that much. It is a beautiful country and they are exploiting their resources for good financial gain (timber, oil sands, gas, fish, etc) without the Obama-like blockading. And I love ice hockey and most Canadians I've met are nice. It is like saying Obama represents America. This guy doesn't represent most Canadians. (He loves his country so much he won't even capitalize the name.) And they try to take consideration of the immigrants they allow in which is a logical thing most countries, except the US, does. (Though like most countries of European background have the political-correctness thing going on and the negatives are the gun issues, the no free speech, the taxes, and now more undesirable immigrants being let in.) And they didn't/don't treat their Indians very well either.

Interestingly the biggest export from Canada seems to be actors, comedians, and news broadcasters. For some reason they like to flee their home country and make it big down here.

qaddisin

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:49:59 PM
Dipshit,

Thank you,

If it wasn't that important to you, why did you ask the question to begin with? Or why even post here at all? It has to have some sort of significance to you, or you just enjoy wasting time and effort bloviating about all the things that you think are wrong with the world.

And I'm sure the next trick in your book will be "I'm sure getting under your skin, so I must be doing something right." Your posts don't bother me at all. I don't agree with them, but I'm glad we live in a place where you get to post them. And I find them entertaining and educational, in that it's interesting to speculate whether you might be a real person or some manufactured persona acting out a satire on the human condition.

In any case, I hope you have a wonderful evening.

bigchucka

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 19, 2014, 05:58:17 PM

Survivorman and Trailer Park Boys... both from Canada.

Keystone Pipeline wouldn't be an issue if they didn't have resources.

Marc Emery... and a related note, at least their government allows some marijuana research...