• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Audio Of You Making Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 12, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on January 14, 2018, 06:27:44 PM
I liked it. More of an old school feel than the crap one hears on radio these days. A bit short, maybe, another solo needed, or fade out on lyrics? Idk. Though I did an interesting "test"  over the holidays on some younger relatives while driving. Made them "thumbs up or down" on songs on XM or playlist. Surprisingly, or not, "thumbs up" for Judas Priest, Maiden, Aerosmith, AC/DC, and Mega from the boys- a half-thumb though for "Night Prowler?" Too much bluesy, slow? And, to some friend one was facetiming apparently with her friend saying "whats that music" to me singing in heavy traffic to Mel Tillis and a brilliant rendition during a "Battle of New Orleans" when I switched over to Willie Channel. So I am no judge? Or could've been my singing. Haha. Except for good music and there is promise for music in the younger, male generation. But that was pretty good.

Agree.  I got a very 80's metal feel.  Judas, 'smith and yeah, some Mega.  Not my go to music back in the day, but often listened to.  I think you have some talent in you, boyo. Why are you wasting your time here?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: ksm32 on January 14, 2018, 08:18:42 PM
Good points made here. BTW, I love the Willie channel! Good music is universal whether it's Maiden, Mel, Motorhead or Waylon.

Do a Gwiyomi cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfh_HcZlgk

Lunger

Quote from: ksm32 on November 10, 2017, 02:14:22 AM
Managed to get floor licking drunk and do this from top to bottom in three hours. Even my drumming is acceptable and I used three Les Paul's doing so.

It's fine to trash it if you like, I'm a Vulcan and have no ego to bruise.

Really nice.

Levels need to be adjusted a bit but its very good.  ( You did the levels yourself I am betting.....You should always get someone else to do them.)

ksm32

Quote from: Lunger on January 15, 2018, 04:02:41 PM
Really nice.

Levels need to be adjusted a bit but its very good.  ( You did the levels yourself I am betting.....You should always get someone else to do them.)

Yeah, mixing ones own stuff can get a tad messy. As said above I've completely remixed it, compressed the snare, threw a limiter on the entire mix and scooped out some of the messy mids.

..my studio so at least it's free :)

Element 115

Waking up this thread, lol.

Here's a clip of me singing Cuts You Up originally by Peter Murphy.  I used an instrumental track and recorded my vocals.  I also harmonize with myself.  I do play guitar as well, but lately I've been in the mood to sing my favorite songs from instrumental tracks.  I've been focusing a lot on vocals lately.

If anyone is familiar with Porcupine Tree, I also sang and covered their song Lazarus.

I have to dig up some of my original music where my wife sings lead, she is much better than me at singing.  Her style and genre is much different than mine, she's more like Janice Joplin, Mellisa Etheridge style.

ksm32

Quote from: Element 115 on May 12, 2018, 10:14:49 AM
Waking up this thread, lol.

Here's a clip of me singing Cuts You Up originally by Peter Murphy.  I used an instrumental track and recorded my vocals.  I also harmonize with myself.  I do play guitar as well, but lately I've been in the mood to sing my favorite songs from instrumental tracks.  I've been focusing a lot on vocals lately.

I've never heard that song before but I think I like it, nice melody to the vocals with good lyrics. You're singing in key, and all that good stuff, so, cool. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the reverb you are using there because it's a bit tinny sounding. But that's minimal.. Cheers

Element 115

Quote from: ksm32 on May 12, 2018, 11:52:37 PM
I've never heard that song before but I think I like it, nice melody to the vocals with good lyrics. You're singing in key, and all that good stuff, so, cool. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the reverb you are using there because it's a bit tinny sounding. But that's minimal.. Cheers

Thanks for the feedback, yea I can kick the reverb down a notch.  It's a bit too high.  Thanks again!  I tried to capture a bit of the 1990 original with the reverb.

ksm32

Quote from: Element 115 on May 13, 2018, 12:25:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback, yea I can kick the reverb down a notch.  It's a bit too high.  Thanks again!  I tried to capture a bit of the 1990 original with the reverb.

Did you know that MV (our host) is actually a pretty good drummer? I do believe he's posted a few tidbits earlier on in this thread.  I also suspect he may be a drunkard. Glug glug, glug. <-- like that :)

HumanBeing

It was fun finding this thread earlier and checking out some of the tunes. Good job guys! Talented Gabbers  :D

I figured I would share a few tunes from 1997-98 of a few really, really drunk University/College guys.
We obviously weren't pros and only ever did it for fun.

I got a soft nostalgic spot for "Diamond's Only Shine" (lyrics and vocals) and "Kneel Down To Jesus" (co-wrote and chorus vocals)  ;D
It was so ridiculous I just remember laughing our asses off.

These two tunes were taken a bit more seriously.
"Stockholm" (lyrics and vocals)
"Take 1" (co-wrote and vocals)

Metron2267

Quote from: mv1 on August 18, 2017, 11:07:55 PM
a random little improv jam.

That has some serious Betts grade leads, reminiscent of "Blue Sky".

Downloaded and saved.

:)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 17, 2018, 02:08:12 PM
That has some serious Betts grade leads, reminiscent of "Blue Sky".

Downloaded and saved.

:)

both of those guitarists are great.  unfortunately, my favorite of the two is unable to get off the pipe.  we never hear from him anymore.

Metron2267

Quote from: mv1 on May 17, 2018, 02:36:49 PM
both of those guitarists are great.  unfortunately, my favorite of the two is unable to get off the pipe.  we never hear from him anymore.

That's a damned shame, this tune is good enough that you ought to put it up on Magnatune or something.

And yeah, if that's you on drums you must have gigged around quite a bit.

Element 115

Quote from: ksm32 on May 16, 2018, 11:28:47 PM
Did you know that MV (our host) is actually a pretty good drummer? I do believe he's posted a few tidbits earlier on in this thread.  I also suspect he may be a drunkard. Glug glug, glug. <-- like that :)

Yes I heard an audio clip of him on drums, he is a very good drummer indeed.  I don't recall which song I heard though.  I will go back and check them out again.

Update:  Yes it's Happy Little Song, the drums rock in that.

Metron2267

I was just chuffed to find such a sweet little jam here, it made my IPOD playlist, which ain't easy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Liberace on June 27, 2018, 03:34:47 PM
N.I.B.

For some reason your wav files won’t play on my iphone.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Liberace on June 27, 2018, 03:14:26 PM
Mary Moon

Steven Page sure has fallen on hard times.
#DontBlameItOnYokie

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 27, 2018, 03:47:13 PM

My wav files?

ksm32

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 27, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
Steven Page sure has fallen on hard times.
#DontBlameItOnYokie
Is that the Dead Eye Dick guy? I thought they were university book smart nerds on their way to riches.

ksm32

I didn't know wavs were even an option. A high bit mp3 works and sounds fine.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 27, 2018, 03:47:13 PM
Did you listen yet?
Me

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 12:06:38 AM
Did you listen yet?
Me

My iphone won’t play wav files

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 28, 2018, 12:32:47 AM
My iphone won’t play wav files
Okay, well, the drums are great, really moving a lot.  The bass is good.  The guitar has a nice part.  Sounded like rock music to me.

Me

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 03:05:45 AM
Can you hear this?

No. There doesn’t appear to be a plug-in for .wav files for The iOS browsers.  It won’t let me download files either.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 28, 2018, 03:14:58 AM
No. There doesn’t appear to be a plug-in for .wav files for The iOS browsers.  It won’t let me download files either.
Did you try clicking on the one I put though?

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 28, 2018, 03:18:11 AM
Did you try clicking on the one I put though?

Yes dear.  It still had the .wav extension