• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What do you guys know about the Amityville Horror?

Started by EvB, September 27, 2008, 05:23:18 PM

EvB

I just listened to the old George Lutz interviews from Ghostly Talk.  I've read some about this case (other than the book)  -

Granted, most of what is easily available is hype - but Lutz insists that much of it was essentially true

What do you all think? 

BTW - I had heard a number of years ago that Lutz had admitted it was a hoax - on the GT interview - he says that was an internet rumor and never happened. In any case, he seemed like a sane, but odd man.  He complained a lot aobut the 2005 remake of the movie - and varius related lawsuits-  and lists some of the "untruths" in the newer film as "They show me making coffins for the kids" (pretty icky, partiucallry if untrue) and "they show my dog as a husky, when he was clearly a black lab" (WTF?  WHO CARES?!!)

Anyway - what do you guys think?  This is one of those legends that's never gonna die.

EDITED TO ADD:  While I'm being obsessive - i may as well ask if anyone knows where i can get an MP3 (or other media) of the interview Art Bell did with Lutz in, I think, 2002?

Caruthers612

I live on Long Island. It's all crap. The Amityville Horror, I mean, not Long Island...although there are parts of Nassau County that...

M

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mordred478 on September 30, 2008, 03:21:51 PM
        I live on Long Island. It's all crap. The Amityville Horror, I mean, not Long Island...although there are parts of Nassau County that...

M
god bless mastic.

EvB

M

Yeah - the more I looked into it - the more convinced I became it was crap.  the only "Horror" was the way people in the neighborhood, and particularly the people who bought the house after the Lutz' bailed, had to live due to public reaction (I guess the neighborhood was a REAL nightmare after the book & movie)

The thing that pushed me over the edge was a video of Hanz Holzer (someone I loved as a kid - I was maybe 11 or so when i started listing to wierd stuff on AM - and there was a show out of Boston where Holzer was a regular) looking very knome-like and self-satisfied, saying "the current owner says there is nothing there - well - i hope he feels the same way when an unexplainable fire brekas out in the night."  Creepy little fuck.

Now the only part I wonder aobut is who - other than Ronalad DeFeo, killed the rest of the DeFeos.  I just can'be belive that someone walked though a huge house on their own with a rifle loud enough to wake the dead (so to speak) and shot six people, at least five of whom showed no signs of distress or attempt to flee- and none of whom showed any signs of being drugged.

Yeah, sorry - i'm the "unsolved mysteries" type - thogh the show of that name is tripe.

Spikegirl

M

Hope you're not insulted by this, but God, I hate Long Island. I grew up in East Patchogue and went to H.S. at St. John the Baptist (West Islip). Also lived in Great Neck for a while. Are you in Nassau or Suffolk?

M
Oh, really? Do you ever take the ferry to CT? We may have passed each other in a crowd at some point. Although not likely, since I am a recluse.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 30, 2008, 05:24:16 PM
Although not likely, since I am a recluse.

Cool! I try to be as reclusive as possible, myself.

Frys Girl

There is a tornado going on as I write this. One of the benefits of fiber optic internet is that a tornado doesn't stand in the way of me posting here.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 30, 2008, 05:08:56 PM
Hope you're not insulted by this, but God, I hate Long Island. I grew up in East Patchogue and went to H.S. at St. John the Baptist (West Islip). Also lived in Great Neck for a while. Are you in Nassau or Suffolk?

I'm not insulted. I may be unsalted, but not insulted. In fact you make my point. Long Island rocks as long as you keep to the east end of it. The further east the better. As I've become old, curmudgeonly and reclusive, I've realized that egalitarianism is for wankers and money and exclusivity are the only way to go.

M, what drives by the great unwashed with a scented kerchief over 'is nose

Spikegirl

Quote from: Mordred478 on October 02, 2008, 07:56:29 AM

M, what drives by the great unwashed with a scented kerchief over 'is nose

;D ;D ;D

Orient Point is very nice.