• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

chefist

An amazing sport's documentary of the Canadians vs Soviets in hockey.

https://youtu.be/3esWG3k_Wn8

zeebo

Ok finally saw The Revenant.  Loved the cinematography, and agree the acting was good all-around, but thought the plot was pretty weak.  Overall, I don't get what the big whoop was.  I see much more interesting and believable survival scenarios on Discovery Channel.  As for Leo, I think he should have won for Blood Diamond instead. 

Zetaspeak

Watched Conjuring on DVD and Conjuring 2 in the cinema. The original Conjuring was a little scarier, but the second film held up very well also.

Really like the portrayal of the Warrens on both films and very good story. 

I am certainly cheering for the film, good quality film that's not a cartoon or superheros (which seems the be the only thing filling the theaters these days) seems to be doing pretty good, came in first opening week, and help up well in second week.

coaster

Another sleepless night. Watched Central Intelligence. I usually don't watch these types of movies, but I admit, it was pretty funny. I like Kevin Hart. He just seems like a good guy.

Happy 50th Anniversary, Dark Shadows.

First episode aired on June 27, 1966.

coaster

Just watched Demolition. Jake Gyllenhaal plays a man who lost his wife in an accident. He goes off the deep end but finds himself in the process. This movie hit a chord with me. It felt like I was watching myself. A very good movie.

akwilly

I watched Eddie the Eagle. It is a great show. I watched Independence day 2 last night at the theater. It sucked

zeebo

Quote from: akwilly on June 28, 2016, 02:25:46 PM
...I watched Independence day 2 last night at the theater. It sucked

Bummer.  I may just swear off all sequels.  The hit rate is just way too low. 

Hautex

Since it was 2 hrs long, guess it's a movie, right?  Just watched "Zoo", from the James Patterson books, on tv and after last season's interesting series, it has transformed. Bad, bad CG and effects along with a confusing lean towards graphic novels including huge visual announcements of where the actors currently are. The acting and actors feel confused on the shows direction of travel, (kind of sad since they are usually pretty good). But, due to the weak programming currently, I'll be back next week. Like an impending train wreck, hard to look away......

analog kid

Braindead, the new TV show executive produced by Ridley Scott

I thought the pilot was kinda silly and a cliched sci-fi trope, but at episode three, it's gotten entertaining. I like the nerdy guy who's figuring it all out.

It's interesting, because people on the left think it's right-wing biased, and people on the right think it's left-wing biased. It makes both sides of the aisle look terrible, and it's heavily satirical.

Hautex

Quote from: analog kid on June 29, 2016, 01:01:29 PM

I thought the pilot was kinda silly and a cliched sci-fi trope, but at episode three, it's gotten entertaining. I like the nerdy guy who's figuring it all out.

It's interesting, because people on the left think it's right-wing biased, and people on the right think it's left-wing biased. It makes both sides of the aisle look terrible, and it's heavily satirical.
+1

Taken by Storm: The Art of Storm Thorgerson and Hipgnosis (2015)

TigerLily

Finishing up this season's Orphan Black. Tatiana is amazing. I've lost count of the clones. But after the episode I watched last night, I can't get this song out of my head. So I'm passing it on Ringu-style  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVr2uks0C8

trostol

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 27, 2016, 05:53:47 AM

i catch this when ever its on Decades channel...get quite the kick out of it

Zetaspeak

Quote from: analog kid on June 29, 2016, 01:01:29 PM

Sounds interesting I should give it a look see.

I recently saw CI in the cinema, it was actually pretty funny. The Rock stole the show, that dude has some comedic timing along with being totally jacked lol

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on June 30, 2016, 07:26:11 PM
I didn't realize this one on the Decades channel.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks.

Quote from: trostol on June 30, 2016, 07:26:11 PM

Decades is fresh air and good background television.  The network already had me at Dark Shadows, but they have many interesting shows/movies.  I only wish they would show DS on a regular schedule.

Oddly, I find their occasional weekend celebrity bowling marathons mesmerizing and highly entertaining.  I mean, watching Robert Culp bowling with Roy Rogers?  Jesus Christ, that's rarefied air.

I find the Dick Cavett show an acquired taste, but he had many fascinating guests.

I fell asleep last night listening to Lena Horne talking to him at length about her life.  It was excellent.

At some point, Cavett told a joke.  I'm paraphrasing:

There was a police officer, whom after arresting a suspect, said, "Now, I must tell you, anything you say next may be held against you."

The suspect pauses then replies: "Lena Horne."

TigerLily

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 01, 2016, 08:54:36 AM
Decades is fresh air and good background television.  The network already had me at Dark Shadows, but they have many interesting shows/movies.  I only wish they would show DS on a regular schedule.

Oddly, I find their occasional weekend celebrity bowling marathons mesmerizing and highly entertaining.  I mean, watching Robert Culp bowling with Roy Rogers?  Jesus Christ, that's rarefied air.

I find the Dick Cavett show an acquired taste, but he had many fascinating guests.

I fell asleep last night listening to Lena Horne talking to him at length about her life.  It was excellent.

At some point, Cavett told a joke.  I'm paraphrasing:

There was a police officer, whom after arresting a suspect, said, "Now, I must tell you, anything you say next may be held against you."

The suspect pauses then replies: "Lena Horne."

I use TCM as my visual "Fresh Air".  Yesterday they had a Lena Horne marathon during the day. Thirties movies.  I only saw snippets but so beautiful and talented

Happy rails to you.

TigerLily

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 27, 2016, 05:53:47 AM

I have a friend who named his son Quentin Collins *lastname*. I've seen the series through at least once watching as I catch them. Tragic dreamy Barnabas Collins

ItsOver

Decades is fresh air and good background television.  The network already had me at Dark Shadows, but they have many interesting shows/movies.  I only wish they would show DS on a regular schedule....

What the hell are they thinking?  I just finished perusing the Decades schedule and it appears they only show DS on a "binge" or irregular basis.  Just how many times can someone watch the same "I Love Lucy" espisode?  We're not talking Col. Klink and Hogan, here.  Now that was a timeless love affair.

I signed-up for the Decades e-mail newsletter so after deleting hundreds of unwanted emails from them, I will finally open my eyes to rise for a viewing of Barnabas.  Someday.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 01, 2016, 09:07:58 AM
Happy rails to you.

Damn, you're quick.

Meanwhile, it turned out Culp had a glass hand and couldn't bowl if he had to save the human race!

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2016, 09:06:42 AM
I use TCM as my visual "Fresh Air".  Yesterday they had a Lena Horne marathon during the day. Thirties movies.  I only saw snippets but so beautiful and talented

Cavett was clearly smitten by Ms. Horne.  He marveled at how she appeared to be in her mid thirties, but was in fact sixty-five. 

I found myself marveling about the same thing.  Her youthful appearance bordered on the paranormal.  Heh.

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 01, 2016, 09:22:39 AM
Damn, you're quick.

Meanwhile, it turned out Culp had a glass hand and couldn't bowl if he had to save the human race!

"Strike!"

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 01, 2016, 09:22:39 AM

"You gotta be kidding me!  I can't bowl with one those damn two-fingered balls!"

Quote from: TigerLily on June 30, 2016, 12:01:13 PM
Finishing up this season's Orphan Black. Tatiana is amazing. I've lost count of the clones. But after the episode I watched last night, I can't get this song out of my head. So I'm passing it on Ringu-style  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVr2uks0C8

This one reminds me of Bel;Gab

https://youtu.be/Z9ALiADrJro

TigerLily

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 01, 2016, 09:54:18 AM
This one reminds me of Bel;Gab

https://youtu.be/Z9ALiADrJro
lol Very true. Praise (((Herod)))

I saw "Jesus Christ Superstar" was on TCM last night. (((God))) is mocking me

"The Norseman" on *the works* retro network.  Vikings land somewhere on what is supposed to be the eastern coast of North America despite the occasional palm tree, and have to fight for their lives against the local inhabitants who strenuously object to their presence.  Starring Lee Majors as Snoori Zorroson, the Lone Berserker, Cornell Wilde as Ragnar (Lothbrok?), venerable comedy character actress Kathleen Freeman as "Old Indian woman" in a dark, disturbing role that's guaranteed to leave you squirming uncomfortably for several reasons, Sven Jefferson as the obligatory Black Viking, slack jawed extras in ludicrous, historically inaccurate head gear, and Jack Elam (not pictured) as the Death Dreamer. All that's missing from this turkey is the Stove Top stuffing and cranberry sauce.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078007/