• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Peter Griffin here. Brian's passed out in a pool of his own disgusting dog vomit. He'll eat it later. Heh Heh Heh. Typical Apple user. Jus kiddin'. No offense.

But I'm not kidding about The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins. America was deceived and mentally raped when they were subjected to the edited versions of The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins that were inserted into the syndicated run of Night Gallery.

I realize I was a little harsh about calling Rod Serling a whore. I get emotional about this subject. I love the real Night Gallery episodes, and I love the real episodes of The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins. 

Currently, the only place to buy the full versions of the American series, The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins, is as an import! As an American, I am highly offended. I love French Fries, but who the hell wants their copies of The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins to come courtesy of some frog in France as "le 63m Sens"?

I don't know if this limey link will work, but here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sixth-Sense-Complete-Series/dp/B00O323TC2

Peter

P.S.

I am not Brian's roommate. I am his owner.  I own him. Also, Brian might be a homo dog. Everyone knows that Lassie was played by a male dog, but that doesn't stop Brian from getting all excited when he's watching those Lassie flicks. Brian is also an alcoholic. So there's that.

P.P.S.

Jesus Saves & Lois Shaves.

I thank God daily for both.

albrecht

reposted here. Not a bad movie but oddly commercialized.
"Since no baseball or hockey on sorta watching a movie called "Flight" starring a drunken Danzel Washington who saved a plane but, since he was loaded, gets into all kinds of trouble....with tequila commercials incessantly from Cuervo 1800 by Kiefer Sutherland, who has had multiple alcohol-related issues, that implores us "not to have any regrets.""

ps: Camazotz Automat, this phenomena has been quite frequent in the past with jazz, blue-grass, older country, punk and other types of American music. Only way to, pseudo-legitly, get some albums (or CD reissues or archives) were on the European or Japanese market. Odd. It is also interesting some cuts of movies are different based on where/when they were released and by whom.

onan

Just watched The Atticus Institute. Creepy possession with government weaponization intrigue. I liked it, not many others did.

Jackstar

I just watched this again. It's so fascinating to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFUWRjDcew

Also, I've been watching that The Shawshank Redemption remake on TV all week, that's a good one.

ItsOver

OK, I haven't just watched it but why would I want to. 

"The 3-D "Jurassic World" is also an ugly, over-saturated movie; CGI has run amok here as much as dinosaurs."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FILM_REVIEW_JURASSIC_WORLD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-10-09-00-15

CGI has run amok HERE?  Just here?  I'm so looking forward to "Fast and Furious 8."  I can't wait to see the CGI of a Union Pacific freight train crash landing on an aircraft carrier or something even more believable and creative.

Dave Noorie suckage is taking over the World!

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on June 11, 2015, 06:24:00 AM
..I'm so looking forward to "Fast and Furious 8."  I can't wait to see the CGI of a Union Pacific freight train crash landing on an aircraft carrier or something even more believable and creative...

Haha this is so true.  Why do sequels always try so hard to top the earlier flicks?  They just get more and more outrageous until there's no hope of suspending disbelief.  Better writing, less over-the-top CGI madness please. 

CGI has run amok HERE?  Just here?  I'm so looking forward to "Fast and Furious 8."  I can't wait to see the CGI of a Union Pacific freight train crash landing on an aircraft carrier or something even more believable and creative.

As a former CGI programmer, my feelings are hurt.

Think I'll watch a Christopher Lee marathon tonight.

zeebo

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 12, 2015, 09:33:26 PM
  Phase IV, 1974

Is that the one with the ants?  If so that movie freaked me out at the time, the ending especially for some reason. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: zeebo on June 13, 2015, 12:06:31 AM
Is that the one with the ants?  If so that movie freaked me out at the time, the ending especially for some reason.

Ants and horribly pitched high noises to stop them. Creepy movie, indeed. "Squirm" from '76 also made me paranoid about taking a shower.

SciFiAuthor

The Kidnapping of Mr. Heineken. Meh, it was a good story but told wrong. Uninteresting.

SciFiAuthor

OK, I haven't just watched it but why would I want to. 

"The 3-D "Jurassic World" is also an ugly, over-saturated movie; CGI has run amok here as much as dinosaurs."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FILM_REVIEW_JURASSIC_WORLD?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-10-09-00-15

See Mad Max: Fury Road instead. George Miller used 90% practical effects. It's a case study on how to properly use CGI; sparingly and intelligently.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on June 09, 2015, 04:59:29 AM
Peter Griffin here. Brian's passed out in a pool of his own disgusting dog vomit. He'll eat it later. Heh Heh Heh. Typical Apple user. Jus kiddin'. No offense.

But I'm not kidding about The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins. America was deceived and mentally raped when they were subjected to the edited versions of The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins that were inserted into the syndicated run of Night Gallery.

I realize I was a little harsh about calling Rod Serling a whore. I get emotional about this subject. I love the real Night Gallery episodes, and I love the real episodes of The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins. 

Currently, the only place to buy the full versions of the American series, The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins, is as an import! As an American, I am highly offended. I love French Fries, but who the hell wants their copies of The Sixth Sense starring Gary Collins to come courtesy of some frog in France as "le 63m Sens"?

I don't know if this limey link will work, but here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sixth-Sense-Complete-Series/dp/B00O323TC2

Peter

P.S.

I am not Brian's roommate. I am his owner.  I own him. Also, Brian might be a homo dog. Everyone knows that Lassie was played by a male dog, but that doesn't stop Brian from getting all excited when he's watching those Lassie flicks. Brian is also an alcoholic. So there's that.

P.P.S.

Jesus Saves & Lois Shaves.

I thank God daily for both.

Cam would never say "Jesus Saves" or that he was a "little harsh" on something.  This is an imposternation!  I see through you & am not clicking on that link.  Get rid of yourself and bring back Camazotz Automat!

In memory of Christopher Lee, I watched Horror Hotel and Horror Express both available on youtube. There's a bonanza of Hammer films on y/t which means this will be a hammered Hammer weekend.

Spy

VERY funny! The best casting I`ve ever seen for a major production. Personal best performance for Melissa McCarthy. Jude Law was born for this film. Also, Rose Byrne is positively breathtaking in her role as the sultry villain!

Gemstone

Last night we watched "The Adjustment Bureau" for the umpteenth time. I love this movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZJ0TP4nTaE

b_dubb

Sense8 on Netflix. This show has a a plot right?

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 13, 2015, 12:44:13 AM
Cam would never say "Jesus Saves" or that he was a "little harsh" on something.  This is an imposternation!  I see through you & am not clicking on that link.  Get rid of yourself and bring back Camazotz Automat!

Agreed, we must secure the return of the genuine Camazotz Automat.

SciFiAuthor

"Love". I bow to this director. He made a Kubrickesque science fiction movie with almost no money and an international space station set built in his parent's backyard. This low budget indie presented better sci fi than anything Hollywood has produced in the last 20 years with very few exceptions.

Caravaggio (1986)
Quatermass and the Pit (1967)     second version of the story. Youtube has the 1955 version as well, which is just as scary, if not more so. There's a lot to love about the Quatermass films, including the writing. Nigel Kneale touches on the militarization of space and, coming so soon after WWII, racial purges. Pretty intelligent films, both versions.

Albemuth

Bandolero! (1968) -  Pretty good late-sixties shoot-em-up western. Has Dean Martin, Raquel Welch and Jimmy Stewart…Raquel is good eye candy, but her and Martin sort of phone in their performances. Jimmy Stewart saves the movie…

Bride of Frankenstein (1935) on Svengoolie â€" Sven showed a nice, cleaned up print of this on Saturday night. A great, great film and possibly the best of all the Universal monster movies…

Incident at Oglala: The Leonard Peltier Story (1992) â€" Documentary on the summer of 1975 on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Riveting story about reservation life, AIM,  overzealous FBI agents and the railroading of Peltier on murder charges.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Peltier

Quote from: Albemuth on June 15, 2015, 06:23:19 AM
Bandolero! (1968) -  Pretty good late-sixties shoot-em-up western. Has Dean Martin, Raquel Welch and Jimmy Stewart…Raquel is good eye candy, but her and Martin sort of phone in their performances. Jimmy Stewart saves the movie…

Don`t forget George Kennedy. He was awesome in this interesting little western.

pyewacket

If you're in the mood for dark humor give God Bless America a try. Frank has had enough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBJRfuHUPo