• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Where did Jackstar go?

Started by paladin1991, June 09, 2014, 10:05:35 AM

Catsmile

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 09, 2014, 04:18:34 PM
+1 on the gift horse inspection.  But then every forum has it's snarky gadfly.  The only question is who'll inherit his mantle on BG?

Seems his IQ is so high he outsmarted himself... then again, maybe not.
I can deal with snark, and disagreement.

It gets bad when every 3-5 post in every thread is the same person, and those post could be mixed and matched into any thread because it's only content is snark, and derision directed at everyone.

bigchucka

Quote from: Catsmile on June 09, 2014, 04:44:17 PM
Seems his IQ is so high he outsmarted himself... then again, maybe not.
I can deal with snark, and disagreement.

It gets bad when every 3-5 post in every thread is the same person, and those post could be mixed and matched into any thread because it's only content is snark, and derision directed at everyone.

In his defense, at least he didn't just post completely dumbass, useless pictures or .gifs like around Falkie's time.  And some people just get bored and post a lot at times...

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on June 09, 2014, 03:57:04 PM
That goat is one sick fuck.
I wonder if it's the same goat who had an orgy with the PremRat execs that was captured on film by Noory.  To hell with Goatsy, pray for MV.

bigchucka

Changes avatar.  Gets banned before he gets a chance to really post using it.  That count as a FAIL?

And I can't remember if I ever got a number on how many names are on MV's "hit list"...

Tarbaby

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 09, 2014, 10:05:35 AM
Seriously.  Where did Jackyboy go?  He stopped posting and then it looks like last night he pulled the plug. 

Unless MV 'erased' him. 

Or it is a conspiracy backed by 'The Man!'

*channels little joey fm 'Shane'*  Jackyboy!  Come back!
he used to irritate the hell out of me but once I put him on my "ignore" list life became Rosie again. The problem is once you start banishing people to your own personal "Phantom zone" there is a temptation to start throwing other people on the pile. Which I've done. And I'm ashamed… (Sob)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on June 09, 2014, 05:44:30 PM
he used to irritate the hell out of me but once I put him on my "ignore" list life became Rosie again. The problem is once you start banishing people to your own personal "Phantom zone" there is a temptation to start throwing other people on the pile. Which I've done. And I'm ashamed… (Sob)

i really do hate banning people when they haven't specifically violated the terms of service.  it's naturally an arbitrary move that looks shitty to some, and i understand why they would feel that way.  it's just that when you have a guy who can't seem to post without ending up in a shark-off with someone, it's got to be stopped eventually.  i wouldn't want to join a forum where that's the norm, hence my contention that it was "bad business" to let it carry on.  when a hugely disproportionate number of people have a problem with you, the problem is usually you.

Tarbaby

Oh I think you're right, MV, and I think you have a good refined instinct for it.ie, for making the judgment call.

Uncle Duke

For what it's worth, I thought the guy could make some intelligent posts when he wanted to do so.  I seldom agreed with him, and I did find him to be a jerk at times, but did have some thought provoking discussions with Jackstar.

Oh well...

bigchucka

Quote from: MV on June 09, 2014, 05:53:33 PM
i really do hate banning people when they haven't specifically violated the terms of service.  it's naturally an arbitrary move that looks shitty to some, and i understand why they would feel that way.  it's just that when you have a guy who can't seem to post without ending up in a shark-off with someone, it's got to be stopped eventually.  i wouldn't want to join a forum where that's the norm, hence my contention that it was "bad business" to let it carry on.  when a hugely disproportionate number of people have a problem with you, the problem is usually you.

He had issues elsewhere in the past.

Two boots in one day in two different places... is that a record for you?

Speaking of boots...

Stellar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 09, 2014, 06:20:09 PM
For what it's worth, I thought the guy could make some intelligent posts when he wanted to do so.  I seldom agreed with him, and I did find him to be a jerk at times, but did have some thought provoking discussions with Jackstar.

Oh well...
I agree he added to this Forum.  Now I think I will get a little bored. sorry!  Oh well I will probably not be posting much but, reading alot.  I hope Jackstar comes back.

In memory of the Great JackStar he was Stellar!

bigchucka

Quote from: Stellar on June 09, 2014, 07:27:52 PM
I agree he added to this Forum.  Now I think I will get a little bored. sorry!  Oh well I will probably not be posting much but, reading alot.  I hope Jackstar comes back.

In memory of the Great JackStar he was Stellar!

He added at times, yes.

There's all kinds of people here that have varying interests.  I'm sure you'll find a way to contribute, if you wish.  Ever since I watched a documentary on it, I've always been interested in what the Voynich Manuscript really was, as an example...

If he comes back, that will be between him and MV to decide that.

Foodlion

Jackstar was my favorite customer. I sold him $5 cold cut combo veggie sandwiches minus the meatless Monday special.

Now I'm going out of business. FUCKKKKKK!

Zoo

Quote from: MV on June 09, 2014, 05:53:33 PM

Well I think it was wrong if band him for life MV. For this reason alone "Freedom of speech". When using the internet one must understand some people will just be assholes, jerks, and just down right mean. t. I learned something a long time ago it takes two people to make a argument. Now I had no hatred or love for Jackstar. He was his own person and I took what he said with a grain of salt. People on the net need to learn to have thick skin because everyone on the internet says things they would never say to mine or your face in real life. I think I might get slammed on here more than most with my views and it is ok. Nobody has to agree with what I say/write and can slam me as much as they want. I am an adult and understand it is not personal. If it is personal well it is their problem not mine. I do not have to respond to what they say/write.

I do understand that their are rules and when you get complanties you must do something. Banding him for a month or something like that would have been better in my eye's. I know I do not have to deal with all the flax that you do.

Just my opinion for what it is worth. Some people do learn from their mistakes, some do not!!1   

The General

Quote from: Zoo on June 09, 2014, 09:51:47 PM
Well I think it was wrong if band him for life MV. For this reason alone "Freedom of speech".
You don't grasp the concept at all.  This is a privately owned forum.  Freedom of speech only means that Jackstar can go start his own forum.  This is MV's house, and if Jacktard refused to wipe his feet every time he walked in here, MV can ban him.  In fact, MV can ban any one he wants, at any time he wants.  But he doesn't.  I find him to be much more patient than I would be. 

bigchucka

Quote from: Zoo on June 09, 2014, 09:51:47 PM
Well I think it was wrong if band him for life MV. For this reason alone "Freedom of speech". When using the internet one must understand some people will just be assholes, jerks, and just down right mean. t. I learned something a long time ago it takes two people to make a argument. Now I had no hatred or love for Jackstar. He was his own person and I took what he said with a grain of salt. People on the net need to learn to have thick skin because everyone on the internet says things they would never say to mine or your face in real life. I think I might get slammed on here more than most with my views and it is ok. Nobody has to agree with what I say/write and can slam me as much as they want. I am an adult and understand it is not personal. If it is personal well it is their problem not mine. I do not have to respond to what they say/write.

I do understand that their are rules and when you get complanties you must do something. Banding him for a month or something like that would have been better in my eye's. I know I do not have to deal with all the flax that you do.

Just my opinion for what it is worth. Some people do learn from their mistakes, some do not!!1

Freedom of speech is one thing.  It may take two people to make an argument, but he decided to act like a fucking prick at times all on his own.

Learn to have thick skin... understand it is not personal...  I think the analogy I'm going to go for is a big game hunter.  Hey, that's a bear, let's see if I can take it down.  Hey, that's a lion, let's see if I can take it down.  Hey, that's an elephant... you get my point.

Some people learn from their mistakes, some do not... you are exactly on point there.  He's apparently had issues elsewhere in the past.  Just because this site has an "Ignore" feature doesn't mean that it needs to be tested to see how much of a load it can handle.

coaster

Quote from: The General on June 09, 2014, 10:05:09 PM
You don't grasp the concept at all.  This is a privately owned forum.  Freedom of speech only means that Jackstar can go start his own forum.  This is MV's house, and if Jacktard refused to wipe his feet every time he walked in here, MV can ban him.  In fact, MV can ban any one he wants, at any time he wants.  But he doesn't.  I find him to be much more patient than I would be.
Exactly this.

b_dubb

Freedom of Speech doesn't apply Zoo. Jackstar can start his own site and do whatever he likes. But he has to pick up the tab. If I came over to your house and behaved like a jerk I'd imagine I'd be shown the door

Mr Fidget will be back on Friday

bigchucka

Quote from: The General on June 09, 2014, 10:05:09 PM

I'm thinking that there have been problems in Art Bell (or George Noory) fandom in the past... if your views didn't line up with the people running things, they got rid of you.  MV is "loose" as hell about how he runs things, but that doesn't mean that you have to test the leash to see if it can break.

Dateline

I agree with Zoo's original post.  I also don't want to fear my backside if someone doesn't like the way I express myself and runs and tattles on me.

Zoo

Well you all make great points and I understand it is MV's thing. He can do what he wants and that is ok just was giving my opinion.

There are only a few on this site that would actually say what they write in public. I do think some have thin skin on here and cry more than they should.

This again is just my opinion!!1

bigchucka

Quote from: Dateline on June 09, 2014, 11:11:50 PM
I agree with Zoo's original post.  I also don't want to fear my backside if someone doesn't like the way I express myself and runs and tattles on me.

I don't think you have anything to fear... unless.. are you are trying to win BellGab's "Goatse Award"?

FUCK YEAH!  I just invented that! "Congratulations! You're the site's biggest asshole!" The trophy would be shaped like a boot... in honor of Jackstar.

Dateline

If I am Goatsie, all I ask is that you get down and pray for me, with or without a prayer mat.

bigchucka

Quote from: Dateline on June 09, 2014, 11:21:54 PM
If I am Goatsie, all I ask is that you get down and pray for me, with or without a prayer mat.

Nah... wasn't calling you that at all.  Just come up with a new term that should be used when MV has to ban somebody in the fashion that he did.  Enjoy in my laughter.... I think that was a good one, if I do say so myself...

jazmunda

Quote from: bigchucka on June 09, 2014, 11:20:13 PM
I don't think you have anything to fear... unless.. are you are trying to win BellGab's "Goatse Award"?

FUCK YEAH!  I just invented that! "Congratulations! You're the site's biggest asshole!" The trophy would be shaped like a boot... in honor of Jackstar.

I think a tool shaped trophy, phallic or actual tool, would be more appropriate and that's all I have to say on this matter.

Good riddance.

coaster

Quote from: Dateline on June 09, 2014, 11:11:50 PM
Reported

Dateline

You could also call the ban a "Jack-Off."

bigchucka

Quote from: jazmunda on June 09, 2014, 11:28:55 PM
I think a tool shaped trophy would be more appropriate and that's all I have to say on this matter.

Good riddance.

There would be an argument I could make for it being a boot....

Your thoughts on whether or not that should become an official phrase around here?  Fuck it, I guess time will tell...

jazmunda

Quote from: bigchucka on June 09, 2014, 11:35:23 PM
There would be an argument I could make for it being a boot....

Your thoughts on whether or not that should become an official phrase around here?  Fuck it, I guess time will tell...

Perhaps the Hermaphrodite Award owing to the fact that he could be a dick and a cunt in the same thread.