• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Peter Davenport and his "Flaming Orange Balls of Light"

Started by area51drone, May 29, 2014, 05:04:04 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 02, 2014, 02:11:01 PM

By the way, we used to make home-made lanterns back in 70s using dry cleaning bags, soda straws, and birthday candles.  One local dry cleaner used blue tinted plastic bags, resulting in more of a purple/red glow when aloft.  We'd shoot them down with BB and pellet guns.
I have several tanks of helium and always wanted to do that with a large balloon and maybe a road-flare but haven't cause wondering if that was legal (but more importantly, afraid of starting a wildfire.) All the skeptics talk about "Chinese Laterns" being the explanation but I've been buying fireworks my whole life and never seen them sold? Maybe cause I've lived in dry states and there is a fire threat so outlawed?

Uncle Duke

Finally got to listen to Bateman's most recent interview with Peter, was more disappointed with Peter's comments relative to the Phoenix Lights than I was his fireball stories.  I think this easily proves my point Peter is a recorder, not an investigator, of UFO events.

First he claims Bill Clinton was injuried the night of the sighting as a result of the Phoenix Lights, but after Bateman questions him he admits he has nothing to back up his claim.  Then he repeats his story about the nation going to DEFCON 3 that same night.  Again, when pressed by Bateman, he says he was told of the increase in the nation's defense condition by a friend.  How did the friend find out?  He was told by a friend (relative?) of his, a two star general who was supposedly in an underground, continunity of government facility the night of the sightings.  Has Peter ever met the GO? No.  How did he validate the claim?  Other UFO authors/researchers have reported the nation went to DEFCON 3 as well.

If Peter had taken the time to contact the Public Affairs Office of the Sec of Defense, I'm sure they would tell him about the handful of times the DEFCON level has been at three or higher since the system was devised.  I know the nation did not go to DEFCON 3 in March 1997.  I was in a DoD (USAF) staff job at the time and would have been alerted.  Also, the news media would have gotten hold of the increase in DEFCON and it would have been a major news story.  No way the level of activity such a condition creates could be concealed from Pentagon correspondents.

As for Bill Clinton, on the night in question he tore a tendon in his knee at the home of pro golfer Greg Norman.  I heard he was involved in druken debauchery and fell chasing a piece of tail.  Like Peter, however, I admit I have nothing to back up this claim. ;)

Jackstar

I am surprised there has been much debate about this point, as I thought it as always been accepted that he... you know... runs the reporting center, which takes reports. How this is mystifying anyone beats the hell out of me.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
I have several tanks of helium and always wanted to do that with a large balloon and maybe a road-flare but haven't cause wondering if that was legal (but more importantly, afraid of starting a wildfire.) All the skeptics talk about "Chinese Laterns" being the explanation but I've been buying fireworks my whole life and never seen them sold? Maybe cause I've lived in dry states and there is a fire threat so outlawed?

Chinese lanterns are not fireworks, there is no energetic material involved.  They are nothing more than a glorified tea candle suspended in a thin, usually rice paper, bag.

Where to buy them?  Try Amazon for starters. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=chinese%20lanterns&sprefix=chinese+lanterns%2Caps%2C334

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jackstar on June 03, 2014, 05:52:21 PM
I am surprised there has been much debate about this point, as I thought it as always been accepted that he... you know... runs the reporting center, which takes reports. How this is mystifying anyone beats the hell out of me.

Not surprised or mystified, just pointing out Peter is out of his element when it comes to serious research. 

Jackstar

I wasn't referring to you, but I suppose I am neither mystified, nor surprised, that I was misconstrued. Sorry! :) As it happens, I agree with you. Again. Boring. Maybe I should eat some mushrooms or something.