• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who's the culprit? Admit it!

Started by Art is the Best, September 24, 2008, 06:24:15 PM

I thought maybe we should have a single thread for anyone who wants to complain about their douche score. More diplomatically, to inquire as to who felt compelled to take such action, and possibly ascertain the cause. Or for anyone who wants to be like, 'Yeah, I douched you, and I'll do it again!'

I, for one, am curious.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Art is the Best on September 24, 2008, 06:24:15 PM
I thought maybe we should have a single thread for anyone who wants to complain about their douche score. More diplomatically, to inquire as to who felt compelled to take such action, and possibly ascertain the cause. Or for anyone who wants to be like, 'Yeah, I douched you, and I'll do it again!'

I, for one, am curious.

Ahhh..I'm out of complaints. I went from 3 to 13 in under a week. I'm over it now. Whatever. Douche away.  My On the $ score is more important anyway.

I know, I'm a little late on this, but what the heck. Maybe it'll help keep topics more on track. Eh.

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on September 24, 2008, 06:28:10 PM
Ahhh..I'm out of complaints. I went from 3 to 13 in under a week. I'm over it now. Whatever. Douche away.  My On the $ score is more important anyway.

That got you MY $!

Frys Girl

I think I have told a few of you this already, but I have douched by accident a few times. My fingers are faster than my eyes sometimes. Sorry! But don't douche me back please.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 28, 2008, 02:57:06 PM
I think I have told a few of you this already, but I have douched by accident a few times. My fingers are faster than my eyes sometimes. Sorry! But don't douche me back please.

How very passive/aggressive of you! I don't know if I should be impressed or nervous.

Frys Girl

It only happened like 4 times. I meant to $$$ and I douched. Also, in the beginning when i first joined, I was clicking those links thinking they went to some other pages. So I also gave out $$$ during that time too. No biggie. Just being honest.

Still, it doesn't account for ALL the douching that's taken place. Just a very small percentage. Also, I've stopped doing it. It hasn't happened for at least a month!

EvB

QuoteJust being honest.

Which gets you MY $$$ - Honey!

Frys Girl

That's so strange. I just gave you $$ too! You know I don't believe in coincidences Evey!

MV/Liberace!

i am going to end the douche/$$$ system until i'm able to implement a NON ANONYMOUS system that doesn't facilitate and/or harbor cowardice and general idiocy.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on December 02, 2008, 01:55:56 PM
i am going to end the douche/$$$ system until i'm able to implement a NON ANONYMOUS system that doesn't facilitate and/or harbor cowardice and general idiocy.

You mean THIS one isn't working either?  I thought we put that screamer to bed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on December 02, 2008, 01:57:17 PM
You mean THIS one isn't working either?  I thought we put that screamer to bed.
check your private messages in a few minutes.

Frys Girl

this made me sad. i wanted to give $$$ to the "yoko noory comment". that's my comment box contribution :) see you in the copy room.

For what it's worth, this is my suggested replacement for the $/Douche system.  It may be too complex to include as a widget/application on this message board.

"Wheel of Fortune Score"

If a registered member clicks "Spin this Member's Wheel," a program will randomly add or subtract any number 0 through 7 and keep a running total.  As before, you can not click your own and you can spin a member's wheel only once within a given increment of time.

I realize this has nothing to do with praising or disagreeing with a posting.  However, since the previous system didn't really accurately serve as an indicant, perhaps we need something completely different.  Statistically, your score should balance out near or around zero, but inevitably, someone will beat the odds (in either value direction.) We will wonder why someone tends to have a high negative score while someone else tends to have a high positive.  We may then wonder if we are collectively affecting the random number generator. 

It's the Princeton EGG experiment on GNS's terms.

Of course, this suggestion probably only seems interesting to me because I am a degenerate gambler and I want to spin that motherhumping wheel.

You can still douche or praise - by actually replying to whatever it was that deserves your response.

That's all I have.

EvB

QuoteIt's the Princenton Egg experiment on GNS's terms.

So, rather than an experiment in global consciousness, it's an experiment in Snorology consciousness?

Such a CONCEPT!    ;D

Quote from: EvB on December 03, 2008, 12:15:44 PM
So, rather than an experiment in global consciousness, it's an experiment in Snorology consciousness?

Such a CONCEPT!    ;D

Precisely.  A localised collective.  It would also sway a few people to register because they would want their own wheel. 

Arguments would ensue:  "WTF is up with my Wheel Score? That CAN'T be right.  I was +35 yesterday."

High positive scorers would act superior to the high negatives:

"Did you SEE her wheel score?  I'm surprised she even shows her avatar on this board.  I'd be so ashamed."

Contests could be held:  "First person to reach a wheel score of -1,000 will receive a paperback copy of Worker in the Light."

And so it goes.

EvB

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 03, 2008, 01:34:29 PM

Contests could be held:  "First person to reach a wheel score of -1,000 will receive a paperback copy of Worker in the Light."

MMMMmmmwwwahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 03, 2008, 11:55:07 AM
Of course, this suggestion probably only seems interesting to me because I am a degenerate gambler and I want to spin that motherhumping wheel.
haha... thx for the laugh.