• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

gringomisio

Tarbaby, one time I was in a bookstore looking for a present for my mother in law. I accidentalky asked the chica working there where the books on fucking were located.

No worries on the errors. Nice to meet you and everyone else.

ge30542

I first found C2C in the early '90s, then in '98 moved to Atl, couldn't find a C2C local broadcast, and basically forgot all about C2C & Art. Then, amazingly, a week ago, using an app on my Kindle, I searched "Art Bell". Among the various results were ones titled, "Art Bell Always" and "The Very Best of Art Bell(U7Radio.org)".
It's been like reuniting with a long lost favorite Uncle. I can, once again, listen all night, in the dark, mesmerized & fascinated!
During some of the broadcasts, a voice says "these are re-broadcasts of C2C shows, do not call now".
My questions would be, Does Mr. Bell own the old shows, are these "pirate/bootlegged" tapes? AM I listening to a C2C product?
Just Curious. Also, am I correct in thinking that the parting of the ways between Mr. Bell & C2C was not on great terms?
I've listened for a few years to C2C with Noory, he's NO Art Bell, that's for sure!
This is the greatest thing to ever come out of my Kindle, 2 nights ago I heard Art's first ever show with Father Malachi Martin, and last night was with R.C. Hoagland re: Mars photo's that revealed a city on Mars. This is great.
Anyway, nice to meet you all.         More soon.....

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ge30542 on January 30, 2014, 06:10:45 PM
This is the greatest thing to ever come out of my Kindle, 2 nights ago I heard Art's first ever show with Father Malachi Martin, and last night was with R.C. Hoagland re: Mars photo's that revealed a city on Mars. This is great.

Welcome, GE! Art has said that he and Premiere are not the best of friends. I'm thinking the streams you're listening to are run by awesome, heroic Art fans, so enjoy them while they're around. ;)

Art used to post occasionally on this forum and answer questions. He seems to be taking a break right now. But like you, most of us are fans. We use this forum to pay homage and mourn. And laugh at George, although that's not a requirement.

Have fun and thanks for the intro!  :)

maureen

Quote from: ge30542 on January 30, 2014, 06:10:45 PM
I first found C2C in the early '90s, then in '98 moved to Atl, couldn't find a C2C local broadcast, and basically forgot all about C2C & Art. Then, amazingly, a week ago, using an app on my Kindle, I searched "Art Bell". Among the various results were ones titled, "Art Bell Always" and "The Very Best of Art Bell(U7Radio.org)".
It's been like reuniting with a long lost favorite Uncle. I can, once again, listen all night, in the dark, mesmerized & fascinated!
During some of the broadcasts, a voice says "these are re-broadcasts of C2C shows, do not call now".
My questions would be, Does Mr. Bell own the old shows, are these "pirate/bootlegged" tapes? AM I listening to a C2C product?
Just Curious. Also, am I correct in thinking that the parting of the ways between Mr. Bell & C2C was not on great terms?
I've listened for a few years to C2C with Noory, he's NO Art Bell, that's for sure!
glad you found the site. welcome and have fun!! :D

Juan

Welcome.  Art says he does not own the old shows - they are owned by Premiere, as was his soul until last year when he sold it again to SiriusXM

eeieeyeoh

I vote the thread title shouldn't be allowed to change during a topic thread. Probably just 1 line of code has to be added or modified to do that.

ge30542

Hey All,
This is really the first time I've participated in a forum.
Where I inserted "greetings from the high desert", I thought I was merely titling my post.
If by so doing, I renamed the thread, or committed a breach of etiquette, it was purely accidental, and I apologize for my ignorance.
Sorry.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ge30542 on January 31, 2014, 03:25:15 PM
Hey All,
Where I inserted "greetings from the high desert", I thought I was merely titling my post.
If by so doing, I renamed the thread, or committed a breach of etiquette, it was purely accidental, and I apologize fo rmy ignorance.
Sorry.

Don't worry about it! Welcome to the asylum, there is no escape now....

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2014, 03:26:19 PM

Don't worry about it! Welcome to the asylum, there is no escape now....

Can I be excused to use the toilet?  ;)

MV/Liberace!

Hey All,
If by so doing, I renamed the thread, or committed a breach of etiquette, it was purely accidental, and I apologize for my ignorance.
Sorry.

don't sweat it.  there's no reason you should know.  welcome to the forums.

FallenSeraph

Hey All,
Sorry.

LOL no worries â€" we've seen a helluvalot worse  ;)

bateman

MV administers paddlings for future infractions though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on January 31, 2014, 06:11:25 PM
MV administers paddlings for future infractions though.

actually, i thought i'd disabled the ability to edit the title in a post a long time ago.  guess i didn't.  i can't imagine why the forum software even allows this.  i'm sure some neck-beard virgin over at SMF can tell me why.

bateman

I notice you didn't confirm or deny the paddlings.

aman27deep

Hello.

Been registered for a while, and thought of representing myself on this forum!

Don't personally enjoy introductions a lot, but I'm Amandeep, 20. Started with coast to coast am circa 2008, and since that time all the vast array of topics being discusses on C2C (and other shows) have certainly fascinated me. Obviously while researching Art Bell I found BellGab, which I was glad I found :)

Been reading threads on here regularly, but never posted! Never felt like 'logging in' iykwim.

Happy Feb, lads!

The General

Quote from: aman27deep on January 31, 2014, 07:39:32 PM
Hello.

Don't personally enjoy introductions a lot, but I'm Amandeep, 20. Started with coast to coast am circa 2008, and since that time all the vast array of topics being discusses on C2C (and other shows) have certainly fascinated me. Obviously while researching Art Bell I found BellGab, which I was glad I found :)

Been reading threads on here regularly, but never posted! Never felt like 'logging in' iykwim.

Happy Feb, lads!
Welcome to the forum about a retired host for a show we don't listen to anymore!

aman27deep

Quote from: The General on January 31, 2014, 07:41:35 PM
Welcome to the forum about a retired host for a show we don't listen to anymore!

Oh I just read it's 500 some days till Bell can be back (if he's not dead obviously xD)! Gonna march on :D

aldousburbank

Welcome to all the new folks.  Happy you're here.  We need some new blood.  Especially types AB and O.

maureen

Quote from: aman27deep on January 31, 2014, 07:39:32 PM
Hello.

Happy Feb, lads!
welcome,boyo!! have fun!! :D

Agent99

I sent MV an admin email asking to check on my account getting flagged for spam so I might as well actually post. I'm not a fan of C2C, past or present, except in the ironic sense. But I stumbled into some Google hole over the weekend about the Art Bell drama (which I must admit I missed), found the Gabcast and Spec Sheet and thought, aside from generally thinking anyone who goes on C2C and its ilk or anyone who is an unironic believer in half this shit is nuts, this sounds like my group of people! I mean, just putting it out there -- I like to silently lurk/troll the Bigfooters and other conspiritards because the subculture is full of so many seemingly mentally ill/challenged people that it's just fucking fascinating to study, but you folks seem to have a good time and I enjoy the energy.

b_dubb

Quote from: Agent99 on February 03, 2014, 11:46:27 AM
I sent MV an admin email asking to check on my account getting flagged for spam so I might as well actually post. I'm not a fan of C2C, past or present, except in the ironic sense. But I stumbled into some Google hole over the weekend about the Art Bell drama (which I must admit I missed), found the Gabcast and Spec Sheet and thought, aside from generally thinking anyone who goes on C2C and its ilk or anyone who is an unironic believer in half this shit is nuts, this sounds like my group of people! I mean, just putting it out there -- I like to silently lurk/troll the Bigfooters and other conspiritards because the subculture is full of so many seemingly mentally ill/challenged people that it's just fucking fascinating to study, but you folks seem to have a good time and I enjoy the energy.
Welcome!

Juan

Welcome - this is make a Bigfoot costume from your leftover Halloween sNoory moustache and rug set week.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Agent99 on February 03, 2014, 11:46:27 AM

sorry about the registration troubles.  thanks for shooting me the email as a heads up.

Agent99

Quote from: Juan on February 03, 2014, 11:57:43 AM
Welcome - this is make a Bigfoot costume from your leftover Halloween sNoory moustache and rug set week.

AWESOME

46blitz

I ran some SMF sites 8 or so years ago.  It was a gaming forum for Starsiege Tribes.  Was a pain but fun.  I tweaked it with Tiny Portal to add some team content and scrim results/replays.  It wasn't nearly as large as this.   Great job on this site.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 46blitz on February 07, 2014, 05:54:02 PM
It wasn't nearly as large as this.   Great job on this site.

it's been six years in the making.  this place fortunately happened to attract a disproportionate number of intelligent, educated, funny people early on... and everything was built on that.

Dasein

Hi - huge Art Bell fan and being a member here is the next best thing to having Art back on the air.  Every time Noory twitches his pizza-roll encrusted moustache there are sucking quantum shockwaves that ripple out across eternity.  Heaven knows what that might awaken and anger in the depths of space someday that will eventually find Earth and hold us all hostage until Noodles is delivered up.  But, I digress, thanks to all for the great forum and thanks to Art for gracing its electronic pages with his too infrequent posts.

zeebo

Quote from: Dasein on February 07, 2014, 09:00:19 PM
Hi - huge Art Bell fan and being a member here is the next best thing to having Art back on the air.  Every time Noory twitches his pizza-roll encrusted moustache there are sucking quantum shockwaves that ripple out across eternity...

Welcome Dasein.  I too fear that the Noory suckage bubble is expanding ever outward into space, bound to some day be picked up by E.T.'s radio.  We can only hope they are cool-headed enough to not hold our whole planet responsible for the crimes of one.

nooropathy

Hello All, 

I didn't find this spot for intro's right away...I was just mostly interested in hate'n on George right out of the gate. 

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=3.msg232642#msg232642

I think I truly have developed a condition to listening all these years, and realized I was in a time warp;  I was listening to CtoC and wanting to turn it off as soon as George would speak one of his clashics nooryisms...that would never happen listening to AB.

Sadly after more than a decade of continuous steamlink/coast insider membership (one of the originals) I'm done.

First diagnosed with a severe case of nooropathy and now realize that it actually an unrecognized condition of thousands if not millions of people.  They are no longer listening as well.

GNS 

MV/Liberace!

Lots of new people recently. Glad you're here. Post often.