• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What say you Android huggers .....

Started by jazmunda, April 21, 2014, 08:04:01 PM

jazmunda

http://bgr.com/2014/04/21/galaxy-s5-vs-iphone-5s-review-nyt/

QuoteAccording to The New York Times, the brand new Galaxy S5 really doesn’t complete on any level with the iPhone 5s, which is nearly seven months old at this point.

“By just about every major measure you’ll care about, from speed to design to ease of use to the quality of its apps, Samsung’s phone ranks behind the iPhone, sometimes far behind,” Manjoo wrote. “If you’re looking for the best phone on the market right now, I’d recommend going with the iPhone 5S.”

I keep seeing articles like this. What say you Android lovers? When are you going to join the right side of the force.

area51drone

When all you stupid iphone people die after siri has you drive off a cliff, there will only be one side.   

I find the review interesting, considering all my iphone friends who are serious apple fans want to or have already moved to android and never looked back.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on April 21, 2014, 09:04:57 PM
...all my iphone friends who are serious apple fans want to or have already moved to android and never looked back.

Same with my friends/family. I know fewer and fewer people using iPhones.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on April 21, 2014, 09:41:28 PM
Same with my friends/family. I know fewer and fewer people using iPhones.

Sometimes I feel bad for poor people. :P

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on April 21, 2014, 08:04:01 PM
http://bgr.com/2014/04/21/galaxy-s5-vs-iphone-5s-review-nyt/

I keep seeing articles like this. What say you Android lovers? When are you going to join the right side of the force.

Why do you hate Nokia so much?  ;D

I have a Galaxy S4 mini,, and a S2 before that...it makes phone calls. I can texts with it, on a good day with enough money in the meter I can even send and receive E mails and get onto websites.. It even says 'Life companion' on the opening screen.. Which granted is over stating it's importance by quite a lot, and so far I haven't sat on it and broken the screen.

wr250

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 22, 2014, 01:48:59 AM
Why do you hate Nokia so much?  ;D

because they sold out to $micro$oft. the deal will close apr 25 2014.

McPhallus

Quote from: jazmunda on April 21, 2014, 11:47:24 PM
Sometimes I feel bad for poor people. :P

Smartphones in general seem to be running out of gas.  They're not changing much these days except for getting moderately bumped up in specs each generation.  And bigger screens.

I'm sticking with iOS.  My only android device is an nvidia shield, which I like, but I have no desire to see that OS on my phone or tablet.

RcCle

I switched from an Iphone 3g to a MotoX.  Those enslaved Chinese kids really know how to make a phone!

cweb

I like options. Lots of them. The iPad that work issued me feels very closed down. I mean, I guess the Apple stuff is great for entry-level users. It's certainly easier to teach people how to use. But I'm not an entry-level user anymore. And I don't want my phone to be simpler.

But I don't care about these silly "tests." You like what you like. I don't need the world's biggest e-cock, I just need one that fits how I want to use it.

I will say this: if Samsung goes full-Tizien, I'm not joining them. I love my S4, but my next phone (when the contract is up) will probably not be Samsung. And I love Android too much to run to iOS.

To summarize:
Apple- no
Samsung- maybe
Tizien- no
Android- yes

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on April 22, 2014, 06:22:22 AM
My only android device is an nvidia shield, which I like, but I have no desire to see that OS on my phone or tablet.

That's hardly a barometer for judging Android as a platform.  Get a Nexus 5 or a Nexus 7, then we'll talk.

McPhallus

Quote from: MV on April 22, 2014, 12:56:46 PM
That's hardly a barometer for judging Android as a platform.  Get a Nexus 5 or a Nexus 7, then we'll talk.

It runs pure Android and has a touch screen, so it's not as goofy as you might think.  It's actually pretty neat... I'm surprised more people don't like it.

area51drone

Why would you spend $200 on that thing?  Once one of the button goes out, you'll either have to throw it away or open it up.

McPhallus

Quote from: area51drone on April 22, 2014, 03:52:41 PM
Why would you spend $200 on that thing?  Once one of the button goes out, you'll either have to throw it away or open it up.

Doubt that would happen, since it's pretty well-made.  Even if it did, by that time it would likely be time to replace the whole thing.

albrecht

I haven't jailbroke or really messed with my Android but the reason I choose it over Apple products:
1) seems a little more open, non-approved apps, more user controls, ability to jail-break, etc.
2) Apple is more stable but is higher price and seems to be more about aesthetics and the physical design
3) I like the ability to remove the battery (and have separate battery in reserve if needed) and to remove SIM card (and use multiple SIM cards) both for security reasons, privacy, and backup if one runs out of battery or wants to use a cheaper, local SIM when traveling.
4) I like expandable memory that is also removable. (MicroSD etc). Allows backing up your data, removing data, or when traveling to certain areas remove certain data, etc.