• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Beer prices could go up under FDA rule that angers farmers, brewers

Started by wr250, April 20, 2014, 09:22:18 AM

wr250

Beer prices could go up under FDA rule that angers farmers, brewers

The spent grain is hauled to dairy farms in the area, giving local cows a high-protein, high-fiber feed. In turn, the process allows Widmer to recycle its waste.

This relationship, common among brewers and farmers in Oregon and across the country, is centuries old. But it’s come under threat by a proposal from the Food and Drug Administration.

The agency, charged with tightening the country’s food safety network, has proposed a rule that strikes financial fear into the hearts of brewers and distillers nationwide. While the rule aims to make the food chain safer, it would cost the industry millions and increase the cost of beer and spirits.

http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2014/04/fda_rule_would_increase_cost_o.html#incart_river

Zoo

DeFazio called the proposal “absurd.”
“This is the kind of stuff that makes government look bad,” DeFazio said. “It would mark a huge setback … adding tons of waste to our landfills.”

Well this is the country we voted for!!1

zeebo

Quote from: wr250 on April 20, 2014, 09:22:18 AM
Beer prices could go up under FDA rule that angers farmers, brewers ....

And drinkers.  They better not take away my poor-man's ritual of getting hammered on cheap beer every Fri. night.  Revolutions begin this way!

albrecht

the various militias need to get off the Bundy land and immediately get up there and stop this madness! By the way, does anyone remember seeing posters in bar and liquor stores back in the day showing a mug of beer with a chart on how much of the price of beer was due to taxes? I haven't seen one in decades but they used to be around in several places. The poster claimed (at the time) that the most expensive element in your beer were the various taxes.

The rule about Brewers/distillers grains.
BLM shutting down cattle ranches.
The call for EPA rules to reduce cattle farts by 25%.
Cutting off irrigation to California farms.
weather modification.
Approving use GMO crops and using more chemicals to bring those crops in.
What are fuel alcohol producer doing with their grains? Is that part of the screw job EPA is doing on brewers and distillers?
Agenda 21 people. All moves to initiate population reduction by way of famine, disease.
I am not paranoid I only watch everything I can  about agriculture and horticulture  and can see where it is heading.

albrecht

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on April 23, 2014, 10:29:59 PM

Agenda 21 people. All moves to initiate population reduction by way of famine, disease.
I am not paranoid I only watch everything I can  about agriculture and horticulture  and can see where it is heading.
Apparently they have renamed Agenda 21 to "Future Earth" in keeping with the policy of renaming policies, or propaganda ideas, every-so often when people start catching on to their real goals. Similar to how now it is "climate change" after they got burned on the "global warming" as the reason to restrict personal freedom, growth, and industry.