• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Racism motivates GOP/Teapublican policies?

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 16, 2014, 08:31:54 AM

Since we all know that the mainstream media is essentially the propaganda machine of the GOP, it is good to see that the alternative media is finally exposing the truth about the GOP/teapublicans:

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/52664

SciFiAuthor

This is a fascinating article, not for its subject, but how it's written. Take it point by point:

Paragraph 1 & 2:

It instructs the reader to call Republicans racists.

Paragraph 3:

Explains why. But what it doesn't say is that if you call a Democrat a racist, you get the same reaction. This is easily provable. It's not because someone is a racist that they react badly to being called a racist, it's because it's disturbing to be called a racist in the first place.

Paragraph 4:

Notice the language: fat, rich and white. This is an emotive slogan. In a professional setting, you would never use such terms. Only in propaganda would you use such terminology. This phraseology is specifically designed to get the reader's emotions going. Compare this to Nazi propaganda and dehumanization, and you'll notice that the technique is identical.

Paragraph 5:

Selective backing up of the point. They use Hank Aaron's opinion of Republicans to back it up, in other words a biased viewpoint presented as somehow unbiased. Then to the opinion of Democratic Congressman Steve Israel, again, clearly biased. Then to Nancy Pelosi's opinion. Notice these are all opinions. Notice too that they are luminaries within liberalism, this serves to lend authority to those opinions. Once the authority is established, then an anecdote by the author is presented which extends to the last few paragraphs which end in a denunciation of racism to seal the deal by presenting the writer as condemning racism. That technique breaks down like this:

Winston Churchill said Nazis are bad.
President Roosevelt said Nazis are bad.
President Eisenhower said Nazis are bad.
I saw so and so act like a Nazi.
Nazism is bad.

It's not hard to spot the problem of name dropping to lend credence.

With this article you do not see a single opposition viewpoint, nor a viewpoint that claims to be anything other than highly biased, opinion-based and one-sided. Further, there appear to be no facts cited, only an opinion from a vocal liberal, two opinions from Democratic Congressman, and the anecdote of a vocally liberal political writer.

What you have here is a propaganda piece with a marching order. Whenever someone plays on your emotions in an article, realize that they are doing it on purpose to achieve something. Then ask yourself what they are trying to achieve. Then ask if the other side is represented. If all you get are bad answers, then you have just broken free from propaganda. Lastly, ask why anyone would propagandize like that.

That's how one breaks free from political brainwashing.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 16, 2014, 08:31:54 AM
Since we all know that the mainstream media is essentially the propaganda machine of the GOP, it is good to see that the alternative media is finally exposing the truth about the GOP/teapublicans:

Brilliant anecdotal expose.  It's sad to see the never ending involvement of racial identity in teabagger politics, but what Henry Aaron said is correct; now they wear starched shirts and ties.

McPhallus

Hahahahaha. 

Foodlion

Which is worse?

Not supporting a President only because he's black?

or

Supporting a President only because he's black?

http://youtu.be/8DYD4L3l7aU

I think the worse is that people even use him being black is an excuse. He's half black, half white, raise by a white mother, went to notoriously non-black Universities, but has a dark tone.
Sure there's a lot of hate out there, but I don't see his haters out there any worse than his supporters that only support him because of his skin color.
It's a two way highway.

I don't know that Obama got/gets so much support because if his color; color never propelled Jackson or Waters or Sharpton or others to the top office (not that they all ran for it, but you should catch my general drift). 

Juan

Quote from: MV on April 16, 2014, 10:56:34 AM
yeah, i had a good gut laugh at that, too.
Glad some got the joke.

Now, where did I leave that Alinsky book...

Foodlion

That was a joke?

Now I'm going to go hide in my corner and work on my study like a dunce boy.  ;D

Gd5150

Its about time someone is finally standing up to the all powerful racist Republicans and racist all fat white old male racist Republicans mainstream media that are old fat white racist Republicans. The racist entire population of the racist United States that are all fat white old male racist Republicans. And basically the whole world that are really all fat white old male racist Republicans.

What this old fat white male racist article lacks is pointing out the fact that Aliens from other worlds are all fat white old male racist Republicans as well. With the decimation of  all fat white old male racist Republicans wild life around the world and the old fat white male racist Republican polar bears and tigers its really no surprise being everyone is an old fat white male racist Republican.

Obama has destroyed our old fat white male racist Republican economy with his old fat white male racist Republican Obamacare. No surprise though, Obama is just another old fat white male racist Republican like the rest of those old fat white male racist Republicans.

With the old fat white male racist Republican made global warming destroying the Earth and raising the old fat white male racist Republican oceans 30 feet in the last 20 years the only solution is to bring in the Death Star and destroy planet Earth which is nothing but old fat white male racist Republicans.

Quote from: Foodlion on April 16, 2014, 12:27:24 PM
That was a joke?

Now I'm going to go hide in my corner and work on my study like a dunce boy.  ;D
Yes, it was directed at those that constantly whine about left wing media bias in these political forms.  It is then usually followed up by some highly inflammatory, often delusional, always biased and partisan rants about leftists, Obama being a Marxist, "patriots", and a selective reading of parts of the constititution.

Oh, and I almost forgot, a reference to Alinsky.

I was trying to ensure that there was some "fair and balanced" commentary available to Bellgabbers.

McPhallus

You've pretty much summed up that article and that whole pile of shit site.

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 16, 2014, 12:49:27 PM
Its about time someone is finally standing up to the all powerful racist Republicans and racist all fat white old male racist Republicans mainstream media that are old fat white racist Republicans. The racist entire population of the racist United States that are all fat white old male racist Republicans. And basically the whole world that are really all fat white old male racist Republicans.

What this old fat white male racist article lacks is pointing out the fact that Aliens from other worlds are all fat white old male racist Republicans as well. With the decimation of  all fat white old male racist Republicans wild life around the world and the old fat white male racist Republican polar bears and tigers its really no surprise being everyone is an old fat white male racist Republican.

Obama has destroyed our old fat white male racist Republican economy with his old fat white male racist Republican Obamacare. No surprise though, Obama is just another old fat white male racist Republican like the rest of those old fat white male racist Republicans.

With the old fat white male racist Republican made global warming destroying the Earth and raising the old fat white male racist Republican oceans 30 feet in the last 20 years the only solution is to bring in the Death Star and destroy planet Earth which is nothing but old fat white male racist Republicans.

NiT asked a few months ago why the GOP are considered the grownups.

I dunno Nit, could it be because the Libs speak and act like spoiled bratty children.

Foodlion

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 16, 2014, 12:55:40 PM
Yes, it was directed at those that constantly whine about left wing media bias in these political forms.  It is then usually followed up by some highly inflammatory, often delusional, always biased and partisan rants about leftists, Obama being a Marxist, "patriots", and a selective reading of parts of the constititution.

Oh, and I almost forgot, a reference to Alinsky.

I was trying to ensure that there was some "fair and balanced" commentary available to Bellgabbers.
This is what I get for hanging out with smart people. Even the Satire is way above my head lol.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 16, 2014, 01:48:52 PM
NiT asked a few months ago why the GOP are considered the grownups.

I dunno Nit, could it be because the Libs speak and act like spoiled bratty children.
As opposed to your mature, measured response.