• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George's new hire

Started by bateman, April 04, 2014, 08:35:38 PM

RedMichael

Quote from: HorrorReporter on April 05, 2014, 08:38:34 PM
PRE GAME SHOW

She was also mentioned previously on COASTTOCOASTAM.COM: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/meet-lisa-garr
SHE FILLED IN FOR ART BELL in 2006: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2006/05/06  apparently after that show she was praised on the FANTASTIC FORUM http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/showthread.php?postid=379537

She hosted again in 2007: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2007/08/12

I have sat down and talked to people like this only to have the sudden "ohhh shit, they're f'n nuts" terror sweep over me as I think of an excuse to get away from them.

onan

Quote from: RedMichael on April 06, 2014, 06:43:48 PM
I have sat down and talked to people like this only to have the sudden "ohhh shit, they're f'n nuts" terror sweep over me as I think of an excuse to get away from them.

that may be the funniest thing I have read today.

aldousburbank

Quote from: RedMichael on April 06, 2014, 06:43:48 PM
I have sat down and talked to married people like this only to have the sudden "ohhh shit, they're f'n nuts" terror sweep over me as I think of an excuse to get away from them.
Not really honey  ::)

laserjock

She'a little too bubbly, happy sounding but I definitely like her better than Wells.  If she can be tough with guests and ask meaningful, probing/challenging questions, and try to be a little less cutsy, maybe I'll listen to her.  IMHO, too many of you are males that just don't want a woman host, give her something of a chance, even if she's a loon, she can't be more loony then Wells, and is probably a lot less harmful.

DocHolliday

Quote from: laserjock on April 07, 2014, 11:05:31 AM
She'a little too bubbly, happy sounding but I definitely like her better than Wells.  If she can be tough with guests and ask meaningful, probing/challenging questions, and try to be a little less cutsy, maybe I'll listen to her.  IMHO, too many of you are males that just don't want a woman host, give her something of a chance, even if she's a loon, she can't be more loony then Wells, and is probably a lot less harmful.

I have no problems with a female host.  I have a problem with a host playing songs by Sixpence None The Richer for bumper music, though.

laserjock

That's a petty complaint, she's not playing an hour of awful hip hop, so let it be, we all have artists or songs we don't like.  She's a chick, she'll like stuff you don't, but if she does a good job, 10 seconds of a song isn't gonna make me crap on her.  I think she did pretty good.

zeebo

Quote from: laserjock on April 07, 2014, 11:05:31 AM
...IMHO, too many of you are males that just don't want a woman host...

Generalizations are always tricky.  I, a male, would love to hear more female-hosted shows.  LMH is one of my fave guests and would be happy to have a host like her who's professional and articulate.  Lots of us guys are actually fans of the women-folk.

qaddisin

I thought she was alright. I would be curious to see how she would handle the more enjoyable topics on C2C, like Bigfoot, UFOs, and the like. If there was anything truly awful about the show, it was more on the guest's end than hers.

Nebraska888

Quote from: qaddisin on April 07, 2014, 06:04:39 PM
I thought she was alright. I would be curious to see how she would handle the more enjoyable topics on C2C, like Bigfoot, UFOs, and the like. If there was anything truly awful about the show, it was more on the guest's end than hers.

Yes.....I would question her ability to deal with topics that are paranormal, strange, bizarre, sci-fi, etc.....the topics that are not about brain research, "touchy---feely", etc.....

Again, Schrader or even Simone may prove to be better......who knows?

VtaGeezer

Some of Gleason's claims were disturbing, but when he quoted Revelations chapter & verse his credibility evaporated.  No need to link the likely inevitability of a nuclear extinction event with the ever-malleable allegory of a 1st Century mystic of dubious origins. 

BattyBrooke

This Gaiam (sp?) bot of a woman sounded like a phone sex operator and giggled mindlessly at anything and everything. I dare say she is worse than Snoory!

tweet75

she sure is more attractive than George

Nebraska888

Quote from: tweet75 on June 08, 2014, 11:34:02 PM
she sure is more attractive than George

Yep, we can all agree on that.

wr250

tonights show:

Heaven & Hell
Sat 06-21
Heaven and Hell--- are they real places, or fantasies invented to inspire good behavior and overcome our fear of dying? Stafford Betty, a university professor and expert on afterlife research, joins host Lisa Garr (email) to answer these questions, and discuss how spirits speak through authentic mediums to describe their actual worlds.

prepended by :
Art Bell: Somewhere in Time
Sat 06-21
6-10pm PT: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to October 9, 1996, when callers responded to the question: What if you woke up one morning and the sun never came out? What would you do

at least snooron isnt there to load his 3x5 deck with questions about angels and portals.

/*edit*/
sigh monday the snooron is back with an exorcist show. you can bet the deck will be loaded with angels and portals questions ...

Nebraska888

Finishing SIT with Bell......

Tonight's program has potential.......

pate

If I heard right the tag-line at the end made the show worth it:

"Until next time, stay away!"

That's how I recall it anyhow...