• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hey! It`s green energy!

Started by FightTheFuture, March 25, 2014, 08:13:46 AM

someguy

aborted fetuses are medical waste and are incinerated, like severed arms and legs and organs stuff. the waste heat from the process of incineration is used to help heat the hospital. they are not shoveling dead babies into a furnace.

SHOVEL ON MORE BABIES

SciFiAuthor

I'd advance that it's disturbing to heat a building with an incinerated arm, much less a fetus. Would you walk in to a building heated with incinerated arms without thinking twice? I sure the fuck wouldn't.

someguy

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 26, 2014, 03:56:51 AM
I'd advance that it's disturbing to heat a building with an incinerated arm, much less a fetus. Would you walk in to a building heated with incinerated arms without thinking twice? I sure the fuck wouldn't.

dude it's not like you walk into the place and the whole building smells like a burnt up porkchop

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: someguy on March 27, 2014, 04:40:46 PM
dude it's not like you walk into the place and the whole building smells like a burnt up porkchop

I still wouldn't go in it. It's just one of those things that you'd think management would think is a no brainer not to do in the event that the practice went public. It's probably not a huge cost for a hospital to work a deal with a funeral home to come and pick the stuff up for cremation each day as opposed to soylent heating.

Juan

Management at some places I've worked would just feed slacking employees into the furnace, too.  It would cut down on their expenses.

amputations, samples, past date blood you name it  goes into the furnace or incinerator at a large hospital. It would be sad if the family of a still born would not be in the loupe as to preference for rites or not. Articles made it sound more Auswitz than hospital.

qaddisin

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 26, 2014, 03:56:51 AM

Where I come from, we use every part of the animal.

onan

OH ffs it is dead tissue. If you want to save yours for your crock pot recipe fine. burn the fuck out of mine. And if I can get warm at the same time... it is a bonus.

Well, thankfully, the people who count, do not share the cavalier -- if not macabre -- attitude of a few folks here.

Department of Health in the UK has ordered an immediate ban on the practice of burning fetal remains. Health Minister Dan Poulter has described the practice as ” totally unacceptable”

onan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 29, 2014, 12:41:16 AM
Well, thankfully, the people who count, do not share the cavalier -- if not macabre -- attitude of a few folks here.

Department of Health in the UK has ordered an immediate ban on the practice of burning fetal remains. Health Minister Dan Poulter has described the practice as ” totally unacceptable”

What do you suggest is an appropriate use and or disposal for excised tissue?

Yorkshire pud

I know it's a throwback in some regards, but there could be disposal via napalm or more recent chemicals, depleted uranium..Why restrict their effect to live children and in the case of the latter, full term births?  No moral dilemma then.

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2014, 01:06:08 AM
What do you suggest is an appropriate use and or disposal for excised tissue?

I think it should be cremated appropriately, like practically every other medical institution in the entire civilized world does, and not treated as cord wood to heat a building.

Pretty sure that if my wife and I had just endured an emotionally trying miscarriage, we might find it highly objectionable to learn that our freshly miscarried child was about to become nothing more than heating oil.

onan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 29, 2014, 01:33:11 AM

I think it should be cremated appropriately, like practically every other medical institution in the entire civilized world does, and not treated as cord wood to heat a building.

Pretty sure that if my wife and I had just endured an emotionally trying miscarriage, we might find it highly objectionable to learn that our freshly miscarried child was about to become nothing more than heating oil.

Actually women that have had an abortion or a miscarriage are given forms with specific information on how tissue is disposed. A woman or couple should be made aware that information on disposal options is available if they wish to see it. Many do not wish to know. In England, a woman or couple may decide to arrange disposal themselves and they are free to do so.

But the article didn't just report on fetal tissue; it included other biological waste as well. But obviously, this was a sinister plot to worship satan... frikken rubbish to pander to nut balls.

I am not going to make an emotional outburst from what appears to be a salacious article. Of course sensitivities are paramount. But I guess moral outrage is better than any amount of common sense.

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2014, 01:54:17 AM
But I guess moral outrage is better than any amount of common sense.
It is if you're in the business of selling newspapers

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2014, 01:54:17 AM
Actually women that have had an abortion or a miscarriage are given forms with specific information on how tissue is disposed. A woman or couple should be made aware that information on disposal options is available if they wish to see it. Many do not wish to know. In England, a woman or couple may decide to arrange disposal themselves and they are free to do so.

But the article didn't just report on fetal tissue; it included other biological waste as well. But obviously, this was a sinister plot to worship satan... frikken rubbish to pander to nut balls.

I am not going to make an emotional outburst from what appears to be a salacious article. Of course sensitivities are paramount. But I guess moral outrage is better than any amount of common sense.

Let's be clear, nobody gives a rip about Uncle Fred's appendix, or Aunt Mary's gallstones. This is about  the incredibly callous and disrespectful manner in which a few hospitals were handling the remains of miscarriages and abortions.

YOU may not see it as a big deal, but I assure you,  most people do think it is a big deal. The NHS Health Minister thought it was a  big deal, as did the NHS medical director, professor Sir Bruce Keogh:

---    The HTA has a code of practice for the disposal of human tissue, which includes foetal remains, that hospitals should follow.

It says women who have had an abortion or miscarriage should be informed that there are different options available -burial, cremation and incineration.

It says disposal via incineration should be handled as "sensitive" and therefore should not be done alongside the burning of waste.

In his letter, Prof Keogh says he believes it would be better not to use incineration at all.

"While it is acknowledged that incineration is not illegal across the UK, existing professional guidance makes clear that the practice is inappropriate.

"I share the view that incineration of fetal remains is inappropriate practice and that other methods offer more dignity in these sensitive situations."

WhiteCrow

Evil flourishes in the absence of empathy

Gd5150

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 29, 2014, 03:03:56 AM
Evil flourishes in the absence of empathy

Pretty appalling what has become of humanity. Life has less value every day.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2014, 12:10:23 AM
OH ffs it is dead tissue. If you want to save yours for your crock pot recipe fine. burn the fuck out of mine. And if I can get warm at the same time... it is a bonus.

I'd actually be more inclined to put it in a biohazard bag for disposal away from a major city. Burnt human smoke doesn't seem very good for the surrounding air quality of the hospital. Actually, the whole idea of a business incinerating anything seems outdated and I'm shocked the EPA hasn't regulated it.

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 29, 2014, 04:18:48 AM
I'd actually be more inclined to put it in a biohazard bag for disposal away from a major city. Burnt human smoke doesn't seem very good for the surrounding air quality of the hospital. Actually, the whole idea of a business incinerating anything seems outdated and I'm shocked the EPA hasn't regulated it.

Believe it or not incineration is still the accepted practice. Even with highly contaminated tissue. Believe it or not some viruses are impervious to the heat of a normal incinerator.

I worked at a plasma donation center for two years. Every week we had the equivalent of 12 refrigerator boxes full of biological waste (that included throw away plastics, including lines and collection beakers). Imagine the dumping ground necessary for the consolidation of every health facility that has biological debris.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2014, 04:31:31 AM
Believe it or not incineration is still the accepted practice. Even with highly contaminated tissue. Believe it or not some viruses are impervious to the heat of a normal incinerator.

I worked at a plasma donation center for two years. Every week we had the equivalent of 12 refrigerator boxes full of biological waste (that included throw away plastics, including lines and collection beakers). Imagine the dumping ground necessary for the consolidation of every health facility that has biological debris.

It's surprising to the point that sounds like a public scandal waiting to happen. I'd be more in favor of a method of chemical breakdown of organics. That could be done on site and I would think it would be fairly straightforward and could guarantee the sterility of the end result.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on March 29, 2014, 02:03:04 AM
It is if you're in the business of selling newspapers

The same newspapers that apparently are the vehicle of the liberal/left wing advocates. Aborted feotuses have been incinerated for years in most hospitals. A slow news day and all of a sudden it's 'news'. The sanctimonious moral outrage shown by some is almost funny. Shootings in schools are an acceptable price to keep 'freedom', yet the disposal by incineration of a barely developed foetus (after the mother has given permission for said disposal) is seen as contravention of some nebulous convention. My sister in law had a miscarriage at about eight weeks, the last thing she wanted was a reminder. Has anyone asked the mothers? Or is it just some of the men who want to try and take the moral high ground?

onan

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 29, 2014, 12:05:31 PM

The same newspapers that apparently are the vehicle of the liberal/left wing advocates. Aborted feotuses have been incinerated for years in most hospitals. A slow news day and all of a sudden it's 'news'. The sanctimonious moral outrage shown by some is almost funny. Shootings in schools are an acceptable price to keep 'freedom', yet the disposal by incineration of a barely developed foetus (after the mother has given permission for said disposal) is seen as contravention of some nebulous convention. My sister in law had a miscarriage at about eight weeks, the last thing she wanted was a reminder. Has anyone asked the mothers? Or is it just some of the men who want to try and take the moral high ground?

No Pud, it is the end of the world.. or empathy, or some other rant for anti abortion whack nuts.

someguy

Quote from: onan on March 29, 2014, 12:10:23 AM

the cremation of onan mcgee

SciFiAuthor

I can absolutely guarantee that you couldn't walk 500 feet down a street talking to women without finding a mother vehemently against such a practice. I'd actually bet significant money on that. Asking the women will provide the same result as asking the men: a diverse mix of viewpoints.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 30, 2014, 12:05:28 PM
I can absolutely guarantee that you couldn't walk 500 feet down a street talking to women without finding a mother vehemently against such a practice. I'd actually bet significant money on that. Asking the women will provide the same result as asking the men: a diverse mix of viewpoints.

Yep, and the mothers' opinions are the only ones that matter. Yet time and again, they're the ones overlooked because men think they know best.

b_dubb

What about all the "leftovers" from fertility clinics?  and their in vitro goings-on?  Abortion is abominable but if you destroy 10 viable ova to make one Frankenbaby well that's God's will

http://youtu.be/SE223F-LBPw

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on March 30, 2014, 12:13:14 PM
Yep, and the mothers' opinions are the only ones that matter. Yet time and again, they're the ones overlooked because men think they know best.

No they aren't, they're already asked what they want to do with the fetus as a matter of policy. You're solving a problem that's already been solved to push your views that males should have no say in matters of pregnancy.

onan

No hospital by purpose incinerates fetal tissue against a mother's directives. It is entirely possible that sloppy and "short-cut" procedures lead to improper practice. That is unacceptable but it isn't wanton disrespect by medical professionals. And just so everyone knows fetal tissue isn't a mannequin that is easily identifiable. Second, fetal tissue in the first and early second trimester is quite small. At 3 months a fetus is about 2 and 1/4 to 2 and 1/2 inches in length and weighs less than an ounce. So to  make the claim that extremities are being burned is fucking way over the top... and that is exactly what that article's purpose was.

No one, I repeat no one is using fetal tissue for the purposeful heating of any building. That is pandering. The fact that one person thought it was meaningful shows either stupidity or the willingness to continue the pandering for their agenda.

I did a search for more information on this subject and after 15 minutes couldn't find more information; just the retelling by anti-abortion sites. Fine, everyone needs a day job.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 30, 2014, 01:20:01 PM
No they aren't, they're already asked what they want to do with the fetus as a matter of policy. You're solving a problem that's already been solved to push your views that males should have no say in matters of pregnancy.

Men don't. They certainly have no say if they wish to have the foetus aborted, so why should they if the mother wishes to abort? I don't see a problem really. The OP was about disposal of an nonviable foetus. Sort of run it's course I think..Slow news day, splash.