• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I think Noory is on his way out.

Started by bsbishop, March 11, 2014, 07:28:44 PM

paladin1991

;D
Quote from: pyewacket on June 20, 2014, 07:27:57 PM
I'm throwing in the towel on this one!  ;D
;D

We're just warming up for the next run.  In another thread, on another day, in another way.

pyewacket

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 20, 2014, 07:34:22 PM
;D ;D

We're just warming up for the next run.  In another thread, on another day, in another way.

My good sir, I look forward to besting you the next time.  :)

paladin1991

Quote from: pyewacket on June 20, 2014, 07:46:46 PM
My good sir, I look forward to besting you the next time.  :)
And I, sir, shall raise a toast to you before we begin.

I really do not think that George Snoory is on his way out. Mr Snoory is a bitch who says "Yes Sir" a lot.

I think the biggest problem is lack of a viable optio . Outside of Knapp the guest weeken host sucks as much as Jorch.

Noory loves to say "wonderful story" midway through a guest's story.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 21, 2014, 12:47:29 AM
Noory loves to say "wonderful story" midway through a guest's story.

He likes quick comments that can be squeezed in between turkee sammich bites.

Beyond Bleef

Quote from: zeebo on June 21, 2014, 12:51:23 AM
He likes quick comments that can be squeezed in between turkee sammich bites.

If I remember correctly, those turkee sammiches come from a gas station?  And the gas station was out of refrigerated turkee samiches the night he toasted his tonsils on pizza rolls?

I believe Jorge said it was a convenience store.  In my neck of the woods convenience stores sell gas.  So I think it was a gas station turkee sammich.  Here's what Wikipedia says about Convenience Stores:

A convenience store may be part of a gas/petrol station and sell refrigerated turkee sammiches. It may be located alongside a busy road, in an urban area, or near a railway or railroad station or other transport hub. In some countries, convenience stores have long shopping hours, some being open 24 hours to sell more turkee sammiches.

zeebo

Quote from: Beyond Bleef on June 21, 2014, 12:41:33 PM
....Here's what Wikipedia says about Convenience Stores:

A convenience store may be part of a gas/petrol station and sell refrigerated turkee sammiches. It may be located alongside a busy road, in an urban area, or near a railway or railroad station or other transport hub. In some countries, convenience stores have long shopping hours, some being open 24 hours to sell more turkee sammiches.

hahaha this gave me a giggle attack.

pate

Hear, hear! 

I say, and I dare say again:

Hear, hear!

Did I read somewhere that Wells was getting 7M listeners on his week-end shows? C2C fires him and now they are looking for a new host? If Wells was doing this well, and they had a problem with Snorty, they would have renewed Well's contract. This thread is nice speculation, but unfortunately, I don't think Snorty is going anywhere.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on June 28, 2014, 07:50:49 AM
Did I read somewhere that Wells was getting 7M listeners on his week-end shows? C2C fires him and now they are looking for a new host? If Wells was doing this well, and they had a problem with Snorty, they would have renewed Well's contract. This thread is nice speculation, but unfortunately, I don't think Snorty is going anywhere.

I don't buy the Wells 7 Million listeners jive. He'd only get 7 Million listeners if C2C was on 70 Million stations. I know of at least 3 stations in New England that pre-empted/truncated his show for infomercials.

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on June 28, 2014, 07:50:49 AM
The numbers I think Wells himself said was about 1.2 mil or so on Saturday runs.. Otherwise coast is getting about 500-700,000 per week.
Also notable: The last time NORES did a public poll during a show, he only garnered about 50,000 votes on it. Perhaps that is the more troubling sign.
But he still has no competition, and Premiere is doing its best at keeping Clyde Lewis at bay..

wr250

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 28, 2014, 10:48:54 AM
     I don't buy the Wells 7 Million listeners jive. He'd only get 7 Million listeners if C2C was on 70 Million stations. I know of at least 3 stations in New England that pre-empted/truncated his show for infomercials.

so they pre-empt a infomercial for another infomercial?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: wr250 on June 28, 2014, 03:35:50 PM
so they pre-empt a infomercial for another infomercial?

The irony is priceless.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 28, 2014, 03:33:48 PM
The numbers I think Wells himself said was about 1.2 mil or so on Saturday runs.. Otherwise coast is getting about 500-700,000 per week.
Also notable: The last time NORES did a public poll during a show, he only garnered about 50,000 votes on it. Perhaps that is the more troubling sign.
But he still has no competition, and Premiere is doing its best at keeping Clyde Lewis at bay..
Ok and thanks. I must have read this without my glasses on. Ones look like sevens when you are 20/80...... :)

kf5iwe

Every time I see this thread moved to the top of the list I rush in here to read only to be disappointed. Tonight at midnight central time Noory(bastard) will give us another 4 glorious hours of suckage. With Steve Quayle talking about Ebola. He will call it a Classic :(

Quote from: kf5iwe on June 30, 2014, 04:30:06 PM
Every time I see this thread moved to the top of the list I rush in here to read only to be disappointed. Tonight at midnight central time Noory(bastard) will give us another 4 glorious hours of suckage. With Steve Quayle talking about Ebola. He will call it a Classic :(

He is always a classic.
Especially on days talking about EBOLA when 50+ Ebola patients have gone missing!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/30/us-health-ebola-leone-idUSKBN0F520F20140630

wr250

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 30, 2014, 04:55:03 PM
He is always a classic.
Especially on days talking about EBOLA when 50+ Ebola patients have gone missing!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/30/us-health-ebola-leone-idUSKBN0F520F20140630

they are on flight MH370 ...

cweb

Quote from: kf5iwe on June 30, 2014, 04:30:06 PM
"Internal bleeding? UNBLEEFABLE!"
"Now, what if you just put band-aids inside the body?"
"Could it be carried by a baby? Like a really MEAN baby?"

pate

Quote from: cweb on June 30, 2014, 05:53:15 PM
"Internal bleeding? UNBLEEFABLE!"
"Now, what if you just put band-aids inside the body?"
"Could it be carried by a baby? Like a really MEAN baby?"

That is so awesome I am surprised I haven't heard the sNoid say it yet...

paladin1991

I opened this thread up thinking that I must have missed the BIG IT.  That Joorch had announced his imminent departure.  Popped a huge woody on that good groove but got in here to find it's more of the same.
Now what am I supposed to do?

WildCard

Breaking news: Doctors ruled George Noory's death an "accidental asphyxiation."  He will be missed by no one. Millions take to the streets or celebrate at home with Bar-B-Ques and fireworks.

Anthony Cumia will be replacing George Noory as host of the popular, late-night, paranormal themed talk-show - Coast to Coast A.M.

A couple nights ago I called up and was put on the air within 5 minutes.

Lack of callers?

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 06, 2014, 10:13:35 PM

Lack of callers?
Maybe because "norryisawesome" got you through? What was your question or subject and which show? I've been wondering if there is lack of callers. It seems a few get through ALL THE TIME. Actually a few of the callers I don't mind so, maybe, the call-screeners know they are ok or ask a good questions (or give them a special line) but others I don't know how they get through. I though there was some "rule" about one call a month or something (maybe week?) I guess that has gone? I was just listening to an old AB G2G 2003 and he mentions quite a bit about "we called you" (because callers submitted ghost stories for pre-screening and I guess they would call them back.) I wonder if modern C2C does the same when there are no callers? Call up the "frequent callers" for comments???

Morgus

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 06, 2014, 10:13:35 PM

Lack of callers?
Friday night with the guest host? Uh-oh

littlechris

I've also noticed that the show has become even more unbearable lately. I also see Noorey being canned soon. Premrat knows Artie is licking his lips waiting to come back on air in about 12 months and they FEAR Art.  Obviously anyone can replace Noorey but I can't think of anyone who really stands out.  Noorey's days are numbered!!!!!!!!

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2014, 10:57:21 PM
Maybe because "norryisawesome" got you through? What was your question or subject and which show? I've been wondering if there is lack of callers. It seems a few get through ALL THE TIME. Actually a few of the callers I don't mind so, maybe, the call-screeners know they are ok or ask a good questions (or give them a special line) but others I don't know how they get through. I though there was some "rule" about one call a month or something (maybe week?) I guess that has gone? I was just listening to an old AB G2G 2003 and he mentions quite a bit about "we called you" (because callers submitted ghost stories for pre-screening and I guess they would call them back.) I wonder if modern C2C does the same when there are no callers? Call up the "frequent callers" for comments???

It was the coral castle show. I asked sense the guest spent 2 hrs hinting aliens built the coral castle, what evidence there was. He said none.

I've called two other times and had no problem getting on. I spent more time on hold the other times and had better questions. The screener is just asks where you calling from and what question you want to ask, but he doesn't pay attention to what you say.

Quote from: littlechris on July 07, 2014, 03:16:50 AM
I've also noticed that the show has become even more unbearable lately. I also see Noorey being canned soon. Premrat knows Artie is licking his lips waiting to come back on air in about 12 months and they FEAR Art.  Obviously anyone can replace Noorey but I can't think of anyone who really stands out.  Noorey's days are numbered!!!!!!!!

If they want to replace him, now would be the time.

He is too much of a company man, I can see them giving him a few days. A lot of the speculation is they are trying out different host on the weekend, I think that's hurting audience numbers, hard to build a base with a host of the week situation.

nextgen.fm

No way

He signed himself into a sweet contract

They aren't going to axe him.