• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Russia: accusations of invasion

Started by bateman, February 28, 2014, 05:31:08 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on March 03, 2014, 12:21:55 PM
Hey, YP... one of the very few times we'll disagree, but I think Putin's height may (at least conceivably) impact his personality.  I've known vertically-challenged men who were unperturbed by their height.  I've also known a few who really did seem to look for any opportunity to flex their authority.  Of course, I don't want to confuse correlation with cause, but height may possibly affect Putin's world view.

I would agree buddy; I've known them too..and the opposite, really tall and big blokes throwing their weight around unnecessarily. An old boss of mine was pushed up a wall by his throat by one of my work mates when he decided that shouting and swearing was more effective than just expressing his displeasure. "My father doesn't talk to me like that, what give you the fucking right?"; Was the one sided conversation before he was let go... ;D

pyewacket

I am not knowledgeable enough on history to sift through all the political posturing about this dispute. I Found this video interesting and will read up on more of their history:

Crimea for Dummies Documentary

Kelt

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 02, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
With regard to the geo-political landscape, Putin is playing three dimensional chess,  while our idiot is still trying to learn checkers.

Obama's weakness and indecison has sent the world spiraling into turmoil. Putin, along with the Chinese, are more than  obliged to fill the power void Obams has created. Unfortunately,  hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people will be slaughtered as a result, and the United States' standing in the world will suffer for years to come.

It became clear quite some time ago that Putin is clueless.