• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Proof Conservatives Know They're Done

Started by NowhereInTime, February 06, 2014, 07:30:24 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 03:58:47 PM
The Irish probably remember another shining period of eugenic madness, when you starved them needlessly under John Russell. That fucker even openly cited Malthus as a reason to not relieve the famine. Trust me, go back and find the movers and shakers behind every push for abortion in the west, and you'll see that it's all the same faces following all the same ideology. I don't do slogans and catch-phrases, so I can't buy into the men not being involved on abortion thing. The law is everyone, and you are advocating disenfranchisement when you say that.

I don't know about you, but there's no-one alive now in the UK who was there at the spud famine, and 'I' wasn't involved. I know it's difficult to believe, but things have moved on since then. Men are disenfranchised from abortion by dint of the fact they haven't a womb, did you do biology?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 13, 2014, 04:01:20 PM

Oh sure they do.  They do certainly claim that.  And plenty of foolish people - writers and others - went in turn to China, the USSR, Cuba, and Cambodia and came back repeating those very things.  They are going to see Castro to this very day, and Hugo Chavez right up to the end.  It's supposed to be a secret, but the Left was doing that for Hitler too for awhile, until WWII came along and exposed that.

Jeeeze, you will twist history to make it fit won't you? Good luck with that.

Fascism is private ownership of the means of production with heavy government regulations to the point of near control.  It's crony capitalism and it's what we have in the US and Western Europe today.  Communism is the government owning the means of production - what that means in the real world is massive suppression of the population.  The countries I listed were Communist and met that description..

Wrong on both counts (no real surprise) Fascism is the totalitarian control of the people by an autocrat or very close group, using fear backed up with implementation of imprisonment and death to enforce the control and oppression

Communism is the workers control of the means of production and economy. Everyone has an equal standing, with no overall government control.

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 03:35:20 PM
Semantics. Through that sleight of word lethal injection is a medical procedure that terminates a person deemed criminal. No, it's really an execution. So is abortion if we use words like human, and alive to frame it. But we don't for matters of convenience; execution would have connotations that might turn people against the procedure. Instead we use arbitrary and slippery words like "non-viable".
If you want to believe abortion is an execution, be my guest.

QuoteWhen you say that you believe someone's rights supersede another, you are simply saying that you believe in inequality. Why not just say it? Because you fear the connotations of that word, unequal. If you have to fear the connotations of a word, then you know you're on shaky ground.

Like it or not, since a fetus has to be carried inside another, primary rights are on the table. When you can gestate a fetus outside a female we can talk about what is unequal.

QuoteI don't cry for the unborn, that's the religious folks. I'm not necessarily against abortion, so long as it's on solid ground. It's not. I care about consistency, logic and truth. You may be able to sleep knowing that your entire position is based on a word game, but I certainly couldn't.

Since we are talking about two things at the same time, science and behavior, it is tough to find absolutes.

QuoteFrom what I can see, the pro-life crowd is out donating money to charities that feed kids. The Catholics certainly are. Personally, being a pragmatist, I believe that basic food can be made so cheap through GMO that if we get meddlers like Holdren out of the way that believe the population needs to reduce, and quit with the GMO scare tactics and perfect the shit, it would be no big deal for the world to collectively keep everyone fed even if it has to be subsidized.

Glad that is what you see, seriously. I don't see that. If you want to talk about the genocide of blacks. Look no further than Africa. I don't want or care to get political here. Just that a great deal more black people are starving to death than are being aborted.

QuoteAs we both showed with our stats, you're killin' a whole lot of minorities. One of these days you'll have to own that one, and I don't envy you for that. The tie to eugenics is clear, factual, and continues to this day. It will only get worse as the next big thing in progressive liberalism comes online from people like Holdren. You must eventually find a way to mitigate "overpopulation".

I don't live in fear of my decisions. I don't suffer from delusions of good doing, I fully realize the full sway of emotions, desires, goals, and needs of those making personal decisions for themselves. And I am comfortable with my stance.   

QuoteHe's your science advisor. The foundation was Margaret Sanger. What it is today is word games and slogans. Seems fucked to me.

Again, I ask you to step back to the world of 1910. Attempt to formulate a discussion about black people. No one with any awareness today has that mindset. And I find no allegiance to Holdren. There are lots of people in every organization that have and hold opinions that don't mesh with my or I would imagine your opinions.

QuoteBuild! Build! Build some more! An abortion clinic on every corner! And you wonder why everyone accuses liberals of promoting a culture of death.

Abortions are decreasing. Mostly due to availability of birth control.

QuoteBoth of our sets of numbers show the problem. If you want to believe that it's not an issue, then go ahead. But don't say I didn't warn you when the winds of society blow a little different direction and the minorities take notice that you were aiding and abetting the decline of their population.

The winds of society... in this country... really? Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Mily Cyrus, (I had to look up how to spell 2 of these names)... and you think I will be accountable? that is funny (not meant as a snark)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 13, 2014, 04:02:47 PM
I don't know about you, but there's no-one alive now in the UK who was there at the spud famine, and 'I' wasn't involved. I know it's difficult to believe, but things have moved on since then. Men are disenfranchised from abortion by dint of the fact they haven't a womb, did you do biology?

Yes, I wasn't around when we were shooting Indians and enslaving Africans. I still pay for it though. And that ideology that drove your inaction during the spud famine is still with you today. Think tanks that influence policy in Europe, such as the Club of Rome, remain vehemently concerned about overpopulation. It makes its way into policy left and right. Take the DDT ban, it's responsible at this point for millions of needless malaria deaths and contrary to popular belief, it was not banned for environmental concerns (those were cooked up to justify it, with the studies done on it almost universally rejected by science today) it was done because the population of the third world began to explode when DDT dropped malaria rates. You may not know it, but you're still doing it through the UN and the think tanks it commissions.

You advocate disenfranchisement of a section of the population on the basis of a talking point. I need a bit more than that to buy into something. And I'll tell you why that doesn't sit well with me. See, in the US, one gets a murder charge if they punch a woman in the stomach that results in a miscarriage. In that case, the fetus is human and covered by criminal law. But aborting said fetus does not result in a criminal charge because the fetus is not human. Bizarre things like that result when you are inconsistent. That inconsistency arises from a special privilege granted to women. Under no circumstance at any time in history has a special privilege under the law been a good thing. Yet you think men should be shut out of the issue.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 13, 2014, 03:53:28 PM
... Which cities were burned down incidentally, and by whom?

To tell you the truth I didn't pay much attention to the Occupy idiots, other than what they were up to around here.  I've had a front row seat watching the Left wing rioters come out periodically over the years, and I'm bored with them.  They are a tiny fraction of the population.

When Occupy succeeded International Answer as the main riot organizers, it was striking that they were incoherent and had no demands. 

For a 'peace' group, there were sure a lot of arrests in the parks they took over for rape, dog attacks, drug dealing, assault, and even a murder or two.  A fine group of people.

Here are a couple photos from Occupy riots in Oakland, CA

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 04:17:15 PM
Yes, I wasn't around when we were shooting Indians and enslaving Africans. I still pay for it though. And that ideology that drove your inaction during the spud famine is still with you today. Think tanks that influence policy in Europe, such as the Club of Rome, remain vehemently concerned about overpopulation. It makes its way into policy left and right. Take the DDT ban, it's responsible at this point for millions of needless malaria deaths and contrary to popular belief, it was not banned for environmental concerns (those were cooked up to justify it, with the studies done on it almost universally rejected by science today) it was done because the population of the third world began to explode when DDT dropped malaria rates. You may not know it, but you're still doing it through the UN and the think tanks it commissions.

You advocate disenfranchisement of a section of the population on the basis of a talking point. I need a bit more than that to buy into something. And I'll tell you why that doesn't sit well with me. See, in the US, one gets a murder charge if they punch a woman in the stomach that results in a miscarriage. In that case, the fetus is human and covered by criminal law. But aborting said fetus does not result in a criminal charge because the fetus is not human. Bizarre things like that result when you are inconsistent. That inconsistency arises from a special privilege granted to women. Under no circumstance at any time in history has a special privilege under the law been a good thing. Yet you think men should be shut out of the issue.

Off you go..

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 13, 2014, 04:17:44 PM

To tell you the truth I didn't pay much attention to the Occupy idiots, other than what they were up to around here.  I've had a front row seat watching the Left wing rioters come out periodically over the years, and I'm bored with them.  They are a tiny fraction of the population.

When Occupy succeeded International Answer as the main riot organizers, it was striking that they were incoherent and had no demands. 

For a 'peace' group, there were sure a lot of arrests in the parks they took over for rape, dog attacks, drug dealing, assault, and even a murder or two.  A fine group of people.

Here are a couple photos from Occupy riots in Oakland, CA

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

And they were all Democrats? All from inner cities? You know that? You see we had similar riots, but mainly by criminals including several arrests of children of very wealthy people including David Gilmore's adopted son. It isn't as pigeon holed as you'd really love it to be,

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 13, 2014, 04:11:18 PM
Jeeeze, you will twist history to make it fit won't you? Good luck with that.

Wrong on both counts (no real surprise) Fascism is the totalitarian control of the people by an autocrat or very close group, using fear backed up with implementation of imprisonment and death to enforce the control and oppression

Communism is the workers control of the means of production and economy. Everyone has an equal standing, with no overall government control.

Dude, are you ok?  You should put in for some vacation time or something

Just about everyone in the world considers the countries I mentioned to be 'Communist'.  They claim that themselves.  The same slogans about 'peace' and 'justice' and all the rest are what they came to power with.  Ty build statues of Marx and Engels and force school kids to study them.  Those governments controlled everything, including the people.  They say it's about equal standing, but it isn't.  None of this is really in dispute.

What you are talking about is collectivism.  Entirely different, it can only work on a few farms or small businesses here and there.

It wouldn't really matter that there are people that don't get it, or play games with semantics, and insist those countries have little to do with 'true' Marxism - except that they insist Marxism hasn't been 'properly' implemented, and the 'right' people haven't run it, so they continue to try to impose it on the rest of us.  Obama is very likely one of them ('we are the ones we've been waiting for', 'fundamentally change this country', 'you didn't build that', 'we want spread the wealth around').

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 13, 2014, 04:23:39 PM
And they were all Democrats? All from inner cities? You know that? You see we had similar riots, but mainly by criminals including several arrests of children of very wealthy people including David Gilmore's adopted son. It isn't as pigeon holed as you'd really love it to be,

They were Occupy Oakland.  This was how their 'events' mostly ended up.  Jeez, you're even going to dispute photo evidence today?

Fer crying out loud, go Google 'Occupy demonstration violence' and click on 'images'

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 13, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

They were Occupy Oakland.  This was how their 'events' mostly ended up.  Jeez, you're even going to dispute photo evidence today?

Fer crying out loud, go Google 'Occupy demonstration violence' and click on 'images'

I don't dispute the photos; I take issue with you assuming they're all the same demograph politically down Dem/Rep lines.. We don't have either in the UK and had riots too. We simply called them vandalising scum bag shits.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on February 13, 2014, 04:12:27 PM

If you want to believe abortion is an execution, be my guest.

Explain to me, in real terms without semantics, how it isn't.

Like it or not, since a fetus has to be carried inside another, primary rights are on the table. When you can gestate a fetus outside a female we can talk about what is unequal.

That's probably not too far off, technologically speaking. The problem is that you end up with an inconsistency. By making a rights distinction, and splitting it into a question of primary and secondary, you create a climate that should also mean that anything dependent on someone else can be legally cut off. What would that mean for child support law, or hospital law? No, do not introduce rights trumping into law, it's a bad thing, especially when there's a corpse left over.

Since we are talking about two things at the same time, science and behavior, it is tough to find absolutism.

It's tough to find absolutism when someone comes along and neuters your connotations and special words.

Glad that is what you see, seriously. I don't see that. If you want to talk about the genocide of blacks. Look no further than Africa. I don't want or care to get political here. Just that a great deal more black people are starving to death than are being aborted.

I'm an avowed humanist. As such I advocate that the world take on the problems of Africa and get them on track like the rest of us. We are an advanced civilization, there is no reason for anyone on earth to starve or go without clean water, given our technology and production ability it is an eminently solvable problem. And a cheap one to solve at that.

I don't live in fear of my decisions. I don't suffer from delusions of good doing, I fully realize the full sway of emotions, desires, goals, and needs of those making personal decisions for themselves. And I am comfortable with my stance.

I couldn't be. I would knowingly be deluding myself.

Again, I ask you to step back to the world of 1910. Attempt to formulate a discussion about black people. No one with any awareness today has that mindset. And I find no allegiance to Holdren. There are lots of people in every organization that have and hold opinions that don't mesh with my or I would imagine your opinions.

Holdren, as a member of Obama's team, defines policy. You may not like him, but he's yours nonetheless. He's having policy effects in everything from science funding, environmentalism, technology development subsidy, and a great many things and it's all bad news. That's why I'm always banging on about anti-humanism, we literally take policy today from a standpoint that the human race needs to tone down, reduce, stop progressing and growing so fast, die off, and so on. They want high energy prices so people's carbon footprint will drop. They want NASA gutted so we won't advance and require even more energy. They want a worse life for your kids than you had (how's that for a talking point!). Well, that's a terrible standpoint.

Abortions are decreasing. Mostly due to availability of birth control.

I hope they decrease to non-existence and the issue goes away. I have no issues with birth control.

The winds of society... in this country... really? Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Mily Cyrus, (I had to look up how to spell 2 of these names)... and you think I will be accountable? that is funny (not meant as a snark)

Racial issues, from what I can see, are always brought up. Apparently they're useful in internet message board debates and politics. I don't see that ending any time soon, so yeah, this one will come back on your guys at some point by the next generation of Jacksons and Sharptons. As far as Paris Hilton and the like, well, that's the dumbing down of society for you. There was a time when Albert Einstein was the #1 most recognized house hold name and everyone talked glowingly about human progress as we harnessed the power of the atom and went to the moon. These days it's Miley Cyrus' tits and abandoning anything involving scary words like nuclear.

Speaking of semantics, ITER actually had to drop it's acronym meaning which was International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, and simply be just the word ITER because of fears that the word Thermonuclear would result in less funding, despite being fusion-based instead of fission-based. That's how powerful these word games and public perception have become.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 13, 2014, 04:19:30 PM
Off you go..

Actually, I held something back. Your position on men and abortion is definitively and classically sexist. How the hell do you get that one to compute in your head?

Little Hater

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 04:51:47 PM

You're wasting your time. Any attempt to get these people to answer the only meaningful question about their opinion on abortion, "Where do you draw the line? At what point in the pregnancy (or after?) should abortion no longer be permitted?" is met with a wall of text bleating about the fate of young pregnant black girls. It's moral and intellectual cowardice, pure and simple. Any of you pro-abortion folks who are willing to clearly answer that question will at least provide a starting point for a discussion. I won't be holding my breath.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 13, 2014, 03:46:51 PM

Yeah, that comes through loud and clear.  Once again, let's examine the areas where the Libs have had complete control for decades - our inner cities.  Do you see 'peace, justice, equality of opportunity, and dignity'?  Or the Occupy mob - is that what they were projecting when they were looting and burning our cities down?  Of course not. 

How about foreign countries captured by the Left - North Korea, Cuba, the USSR, China, Cambodia, Vietnam.  Is that what they were about?  Again, no.  Although they did (or do) *claim* to be working for 'peace, justice, equality of opportunity'.
And again you conflate totalitarianist regimes with the progressive left.  Anything to fit the narrative, though.

I'm also not sure what "libs" had control of what "inner cities".  You mean libs like Rudy Giuliani in NY, that apocalyptic wasteland?  Tommy Menino in Boston, that run down burning husk?  Or is this your Detroit argument against blacks again?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 13, 2014, 04:26:49 PM

Please do.  The Breitbart people paid a lot of money to SEO consultants to get the pictures of black people burning a trash can optimized to the top of the image pile.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Little Hater on February 13, 2014, 05:18:31 PM
You're wasting your time. Any attempt to get these people to answer the only meaningful question about their opinion on abortion, "Where do you draw the line? At what point in the pregnancy (or after?) should abortion no longer be permitted?" is met with a wall of text bleating about the fate of young pregnant black girls. It's moral and intellectual cowardice, pure and simple. Any of you pro-abortion folks who are willing to clearly answer that question will at least provide a starting point for a discussion. I won't be holding my breath.

Yeah, I know. You're right. It's hard to beat engrained talking points and slogans and get people to free think the issue from square one. Occasionally you'll see a glimmer that you might have gotten through, but most of the time, no.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 04:59:41 PM
Actually, I held something back. Your position on men and abortion is definitively and classically sexist. How the hell do you get that one to compute in your head?

I don't find it so at all. What I find sexist is a group of men debating abortion and ignoring the only woman here, but now that I see which way the wind blows, I'll return the favor.

Quote from: Little Hater on February 13, 2014, 05:18:31 PM

In case you're interested, my personal line of demarcation is not so cut and dry as to have a woman carry a dead infant full term, or an infant with a brain outside it's skull or any one of a dozen or more horrifying birth defects. This is the same argument I hear all the time, an attempt to back pro-choice supporters into a corner so they can be conveniently labeled 'baby killers' because we support late term abortions. But there is nothing worse for a woman, and you'll just have to trust me on this, than finding no heartbeat on a fetal monitor, and there's nothing crueler than not inducing an abortion in that case, which is what happened in anti-abortion Ireland, causing the unnecessary death of the mother and a hasty rewrite of the law, too late for her and her husband, alas. And if that's cruel, imagine carrying a fetus with such severe birth defects that it can't live. That's my personal pro-choice line in the sand: the mother's health and well-being, and I say that as the only one in this discussion who has actually been pregnant.

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 04:51:47 PM

I don't know if I can satisfy your request. No matter what I say there will be semantics. So I feel like I am walking into a trap. Most, if not all controversial issues are nuanced. In my opinion, the decision rests squarely on sentience. But please don't get ahead of me. Embryologically speaking, a fetus isn't sentient. Synapses don't really start to form until around 200 days post conception. 200 days is well past the 21 week timeline for a majority of abortions. So I guess simplistically, I don't see a fetus as a life. Living tissue sure, but the logistics to be a person aren't there yet.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 13, 2014, 05:55:27 PM
I don't find it so at all. What I find sexist is a group of men debating abortion and ignoring the only woman here, but now that I see which way the wind blows, I'll return the favor.

Who's ignoring? This is the first time you've addressed me, and what I saw earlier was addressed to PB. Any time someone excludes someone based on their sex, it's sexist by definition. It doesn't matter that we don't want it to be sexist, it simply is what it is.

In case you're interested, my personal line of demarcation is not so cut and dry as to have a woman carry a dead infant full term, or an infant with a brain outside it's skull or any one of a dozen or more horrifying birth defects. This is the same argument I hear all the time, an attempt to back pro-choice supporters into a corner so they can be conveniently labeled 'baby killers' because we support late term abortions. But there is nothing worse for a woman, and you'll just have to trust me on this, than finding no heartbeat on a fetal monitor, and there's nothing crueler than not inducing an abortion in that case, which is what happened in anti-abortion Ireland, causing the unnecessary death of the mother and a hasty rewrite of the law, too late for her and her husband, alas. And if that's cruel, imagine carrying a fetus with such severe birth defects that it can't live. That's my personal pro-choice line in the sand: the mother's health and well-being, and I say that as the only one in this discussion who has actually been pregnant.

I don't think anyone could reasonably consider an induced labor to remove a deceased baby an abortion. More, you don't need to wait until the last minute to get rid of a baby that has a brain outside its skull, that one's going to be apparent pretty early. What late term abortions really are is for people who change their mind in the vast majority of cases. We don't like to talk about those little inconvenient things, though. So the extreme cases are always brought up as though they happen constantly, as though all of the 52 million abortions that have been done in the US since 1973 fell under the classes of birth defects and dangers to the mother. They didn't, they fell under abortion as a means of birth control.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on February 13, 2014, 06:11:04 PM
I don't know if I can satisfy your request. No matter what I say there will be semantics. So I feel like I am walking into a trap. Most, if not all controversial issues are nuanced. In my opinion, the decision rests squarely on sentience. But please don't get ahead of me. Embryologically speaking, a fetus isn't sentient. Synapses don't really start to form until around 200 days post conception. 200 days is well past the 21 week timeline for a majority of abortions. So I guess simplistically, I don't see a fetus as a life. Living tissue sure, but the logistics to be a person aren't there yet.

It was a trap, there's no way to make a case that it's not semantics. But as far as definitions go, it's every bit as much an execution as it is a medical procedure. We just don't like to apply that term because it's inconvenient. That's why I always have problems with this kind of stuff, I see people relying on the nuancing rather than the basic facts.

I could buy sentience so long as it's an absolute that were willing to stick with and not allow it to be fluid, and if that's how the debate was being framed. Unfortunately it's framed as a matter of viability and rights and choices. I do diverge, however, in that I see a fetus as life. I also see a bacteria as life because it satisfies all the scientific criteria for it. A fetus is also human, its genetics prove it. The real question, I think, is in if it's a person. And that's a big problem. As Holdren shows, the case can be made that a born infant isn't yet a person, it's all according to what you use to define it.

If we're willing to define a person on sentience, once and for all, then that might be a way forward. Although, I'd wonder what such a definition might mean for end of life issues, brain death, feeding tubes like Schiavo and the like. I don't want to get into that but I think that would be where the sentience argument might run into snags. 

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 05:40:51 PM
Yeah, I know. You're right. It's hard to beat engrained talking points and slogans and get people to free think the issue from square one. Occasionally you'll see a glimmer that you might have gotten through, but most of the time, no.

SciFi, you have a better chance trying to convince people Noory doesn't suck.  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on February 13, 2014, 07:25:34 PM
SciFi, you have a better chance trying to convince people Noory doesn't suck.  ;)

You never know, Over. One of these days I just might pop through the secret door back into the Suck thread.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on February 13, 2014, 07:37:24 PM
You never know, Over. One of these days I just might pop through the secret door back into the Suck thread.

Hahaha, the good 'ol secret door.  Heart be still.  ;D  Yeah, spending time on the GNS thread isn't any more productive than here but at least it's usually good for a few laughs.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on February 13, 2014, 07:44:52 PM
Hahaha, the good 'ol secret door.  Heart be still.  ;D  Yeah, spending time on the GNS thread isn't any more productive than here but at least it's usually good for a few laughs.

I still read it for the chuckles, but lately the criticisms have been rather tame. With nobody claiming that Jorch offed aunt whackadoo with a radio and other such yarns, there's not really much for me to latch onto and rail about.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 13, 2014, 04:01:03 PM
P*B, that may be true now, at least in public statements, but in days when there was not so much lockstep, a woman I greatly admire from the 'other side', Betty Ford,  shocked the hell out of the country by publicly supporting a woman's right to choose. And, so has Nancy Reagan and Barbara Bush. But they don't have to rely on religious ultra conservatives for votes, which makes the difference. One visit to an abortion clinic would easily demonstrate that the clients come from both political lines. A friend whose first position as a nurse was in an abortion clinic remarked upon the amount of rosaries she saw among the young women waiting. I don't think anyone other than an extremist would like to see the country revert back to the days when women died from botched procedures, if you ask them privately, and that includes the very, very Republican church attending members of my family.

I was just pointing out how it breaks down politically.  Like any inflammable issue there are going to be exceptions.

I personally don't care that much.  We don't need more unwanted kids, especially the ones that grow up to be criminals and dependent on handouts.

I just don't want to pay for it.  In fact, I don't want to pay for anything for anyone else anymore.  It's not appreciated (just the opposite), it isn't helping anyone move on to self sufficiency, all it's doing is creating more of an entitlement attitude - which ends up getting more people I don't agree with elected.

I'm strongly considering no longer generating taxable income just so I don't have to support any more of it.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 13, 2014, 03:56:05 PM
Only it isn't fuckwit, if anything it's taken on religious grounds. Cross party opposition and support is commonplace. The dissenters usually do it because they're devout Catholics.

So no one other than the religious opposes abortion on principle?  You are extra dense today.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 13, 2014, 04:23:39 PM

Here's something that may help you answer that yourself - although I'm not holding my breath.

Nowhere in Time may enjoy this as well.

Back when the Occupy idiots were at their peak, I collected some posters they'd hung up.  Just a few of the nicer more expensive to produce ones - 4 color on the large thick poster-paper.  Since Occupy has no respect for anyone or anything, it seemed fair to steal their posters.  I'll probably sell them on Ebay some day as schlock from the Obama years.

Anyway, here's what one of the posters says.  Why don't you take a guess who made up most of their claque and who this appeals to:

Across the top is says:  'Foreclose on Wall Street West'

In the middle there is an angry woman with a bullhorn with a drawing of the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.  The bullhorn says:  'We are the 99%'.  Under the bridge in red silhouette are outlines of the mob fists in the air and waving their flags

Then at the bottom it says 'We are the 99%' again, followed by 'From Wall Street to Market Street, we demand an end to racist profiteering off of foreclosures & immigrant detention!  We demand full employment, social services, and civil liberty for all.  From San Francisco to Kabul, we demand an end to corporate war & militarism that target communities of color, tearing our families & our planet apart.  We are foreclosing on Wall Street West to demand a new economy, which serves people & the plant, & not the corporate 1%.'

Then at the bottom their website, email address and phone number

Much of it is in all caps.

It's a beauty, they got so much in there.  I can see how this propaganda appeals to an unquestioning NiT.   Here's a hint:  this is exactly the way the Alinsky Left talks, even though they don't mean  word of it

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 13, 2014, 05:37:02 PM
Please do.  The Breitbart people paid a lot of money to SEO consultants to get the pictures of black people burning a trash can optimized to the top of the image pile.

As usual, a person can tell what the Left is up to by what they accuse everyone else of doing. 

The truth is, it was Occupy-type idiots holding up racist signs at Tea Party rallies.  They were quickly run out, but not before a few pix were taken.  The pix you want to deny taken at Occupy riots could have been taken at any Occupy rally at any time, and were.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 13, 2014, 05:35:33 PM
And again you conflate totalitarianist regimes with the progressive left...

Yeah, where would anyone get that idea?  Are you really this dense?  Have you ever been to a Communist bookstore?  They sound exactly like you.

The only difference between these Communist countries and groups like Occupy is they reached a point when they had the guns and the numbers to take over.  That's it.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 13, 2014, 05:35:33 PM
...  I'm also not sure what "libs" had control of what "inner cities".  You mean libs like Rudy Giuliani in NY...

I would point out that during his administration crime was down, poverty was down, petty nuisance was down, filth in the street was down.  When he left office, it all returned.

Do you really deny our inner cities are a crumbling mess?  Really?  It's ok, I get that reality doesn't matter with you.