• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How To Create Your Own Podcast

Started by area51drone, February 02, 2014, 01:05:30 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on April 22, 2014, 01:11:43 PM
Year after year for recording MP3s I hear people recommend audacity. But I have found that MP3 directCcut  is much better, much more simple, more powerful. And they're both free. This is actually the first time I've heard someone recommend MP3 direct cut besides me. And I'm talking the last dozen years. Laporte is still recommending audacity but I don't know why.

yeah, i love mp3directcut.  i found it by chance years ago, and have been using it since.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2014, 11:06:36 AM
yeah, i love mp3directcut.  i found it by chance years ago, and have been using it since.
MV I like the new avatar.  How'd you get that picture of Sly Stallone without makeup?

eddie dean

Quote from: PrairieGhost on July 03, 2014, 03:17:36 PM
What mixer do you guys use?

For the GabCast I use an old Mackie 32-8 bus mixer. 32 channels is definitely overkill for our show. I bought the Mackie years ago for studio recording, but it works great for live podcasting as well. The number of Aux channels, sub-mix buses and connection options are nice features that I take full advantage of for the show.
I use 3 mono channel inputs: (1-my mic, 2-skype host, 3-skype callers) & 1 or 2 stereo channels (1-Music playback, 2-android tablet soundboard, & sometimes 3-CD or Mp3 device playback)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 03, 2014, 05:05:08 PM
MV I like the new avatar.  How'd you get that picture of Sly Stallone without makeup?

i worked for two hours as one of his housekeepers.  you're not allowed to make eye contact with him, though.

MV/Liberace!

I use the Behringer Xenyx 1204USB.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: MV on July 03, 2014, 10:17:39 PM
I use the Behringer Xenyx 1204USB.

What OS do you use for the streaming server?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PrairieGhost on July 03, 2014, 10:33:56 PM
What OS do you use for the streaming server?

it's just a netbook from 2009 running win7 home premium.  i use a usb sound card with the netbook.  it's not what you're connecting to when you listen, though.  it's just sending the audio to the server that you do connect to.  for that, i pay a hosting company.

PrairieGhost

Any of you ever use Sam Broadcaster?

ponyboysunset

I just wanted to say I updated my mixer to a behringer XENYX 1002b and I love it. God I should have done this eons ago. Microphone will soon follow. Suggestions anyone?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: MV on November 06, 2015, 02:03:43 PM

It's perfect! Thanks MV, now I know how you get such an awesome sounding podcast! The secret is out.  ;D It's also in my price range too! You think of everything sir.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 06, 2015, 02:28:59 PM
It's perfect! Thanks MV, now I know how you get such an awesome sounding podcast! The secret is out.  ;D It's also in my price range too! You think of everything sir.

If I'm not wrong, it also comes in red.

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 06, 2015, 01:25:51 PM
I just wanted to say I updated my mixer to a behringer XENYX 1002b and I love it. God I should have done this eons ago. Microphone will soon follow. Suggestions anyone?

Cable up ur audio rig using Monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIfrQYIlIb8

Just Me

Here's a better way.

Go to ebay and get an icecast broadcast server with unlimited or 1k listener privileges for around 5 bucks a month.

Download Mixxx for windows, install Mixxx and set up the login information for the icecast server sent by the seller, in Mixxx. With Mixxx you can broadcast live and record at the same time. So you are live on the air to anyone tuned into the icecast URL. With your mixer set up you can hear phone calls in or skype calls live.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/mixxx.html

The icecast server will come with Centova so you can set up DJ shows and up load audio files. You can play local audio files from Mixxx installed on your windows machine if you want to play jingle to take a break from broadcast. Centova cast will show how many listeners are on, location of listeners and other stuff you want to keep track of.

Icecast is better than shoutcast, so do icecast. If you get dead air from your local machine, icecast will play music or audio files automatically. Shoutcast will not and you get dead air.

Centova cast demo login: http://castdemo.centova.com:2199/login/index.php

henge0stone

I'm going to start a podcast in the near future, can someone tell me a good headset that isn't really expensive? Its not going to be live and I think I'll be using audacity to record.

Also does anyone know how to edit music into audacity? I'm pretty new at all of this which is why I'm waiting for a friend to visit and help me set it up but any other opinions would be appreciated.

I also want to know where to post a podcast? How do you get it on itunes ect. My friend does a youtube podcast so I'll probably do that at first but I want to try and maybe get a website for it or on itunes if it is good enough.

thanks

I bump. I was looking at starting a show where I talk live for an hour. Was looking at Radionomy.
My show would be talking about best seller lists on Amazon.