• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Juan Cena

I can already tell Ralph Ellis is a load of crap.

zeebo

Kudos to Jimmy for actually playing kinda cool bumpers and managing to sometimes avoid those insta-commercial overlaps too. 

WOTR

On my way home I heard the opening lines where he said that (somebody) "is the latest in a long line-ag of (something.)"  I could only think that surely somebody should have told him that it is lin E AGE and not line aj.  Either he cannot read English (if it was copy provided to him) or he cannot speak it if it was off the cuff.

Oh, and the digitally enhanced voice in an attempt to rival Johnny Wells is simply too much.  Shocking- but my car radio is once again tuned to another station...

zeebo

Jimmy hasn't really bothered me much last nite or tonite.  I'm kinda thinking he's ok.  *

* please note that I'm currently desperate for entertainment

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on December 18, 2016, 03:04:14 AM
Jimmy hasn't really bothered me much last nite or tonite.  I'm kinda thinking he's ok.  *

* please note that I'm currently sleep deprived, drunk, depressed and desperate for entertainment
FIFY.

J/K.  Whatever turns your crank.  I just can't do it.  I think I would become a coast insider and download myself some sweet Noorie before I tuned in to this...

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2016, 03:12:27 AM
FIFY.

Quote* please note that I'm currently sleep deprived, drunk, depressed and desperate for entertainment

Haha dammit how'd you know all that, stop looking into my soul!

CornyCrow

Quote from: zeebo on December 18, 2016, 01:01:36 AM
Jimmy actually asked a pretty good question there, about why some radical converts fall for the most extreme propaganda in the first place - and Howard said it was basically that they're horny young guys given a promise of great sex in the afterlife.
Yes.  I think Church did a great job, even with the Jesus guy, Ralph Ellis.  I've heard before that Nazareth did not exist in Christ's day and I didn't know it was also a Jewish sect.     

CornyCrow

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 18, 2016, 01:39:44 AM
Here's analysis of Ellis' claims showing he's full of crap.

https://tomverenna.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/a-new-theory-that-jesus-was-king-of-edessa-not-so-fast-mr-ellis/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tomverenna.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/ralph-ellis-jesus-and-his-myth-of-the-king-jesus-of-edessa/amp/
That's odd - in the second link you give, on the bottom, the critic says that Ellis responded to Verenna's original criticism, but he does not show where we can view that response.  He just blows that away and then allows exposes you to more of Verenna's criticisms. 

Verenna would do himself a favor by at least pretending some small detachment from the subject, as his vitriol has the feeling of a true believer who has had his traditions trashed. 

Ralph Ellis does draw some conclusions that sound far-fetched, but he also makes some observations that are interesting.  Considering that there are biblical scholars with great credentials who make a cogent case of Jesus' never even had existed, why all the hatred for a guy who doesn't even go that far?  I'm not talking here about the points made, but by the emotional upheaval that Verenna is going through.  Ellis seems to have pressed on a nerve. 

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on December 18, 2016, 03:12:27 AM

...download myself some sweet Noorie..
One thought LMH has never had.

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Segundus on December 18, 2016, 07:17:51 AM
That's odd - in the second link you give, on the bottom, the critic says that Ellis responded to Verenna's original criticism, but he does not show where we can view that response.  He just blows that away and then allows exposes you to more of Verenna's criticisms. 

Verenna would do himself a favor by at least pretending some small detachment from the subject, as his vitriol has the feeling of a true believer who has had his traditions trashed. 

Ralph Ellis does draw some conclusions that sound far-fetched, but he also makes some observations that are interesting.  Considering that there are biblical scholars with great credentials who make a cogent case of Jesus' never even had existed, why all the hatred for a guy who doesn't even go that far?  I'm not talking here about the points made, but by the emotional upheaval that Verenna is going through.  Ellis seems to have pressed on a nerve.

Ellis is stealing and twisting the work of Robert Eisenman , Eisenman on the other hand looks at the gospels as historical fiction created by overseas writers to answer questions that people were asking about the Jesus figure .

These writers borrowed heavily from the Jewish writings of Philo and Josephus who both wrote about a Samaritan prophet who was executed by Pilate and a King Izates of Adaiabene who Josephus has being crucified between two bandits because he led the revolt against Rome . The Tomb of The Kings in Jerusalem still exists today and was the final resting place of the King's family according to Josephus .

zeebo

I don't know much about the historical Jesus topic, it's not really one of my areas of interest.  However I was a bit blown away that in the spate of about 5 mins., last nite's guest claimed Judas was Jesus' twin brother, and he was crucified in his place, Jesus had 11 kids, and he married his sister, Mary Magdalene. :o  Never heard any of that in Sunday School.  I bet the switchboard is still lighting up with calls on that.   ???

CornyCrow

Quote from: Epaphroditus on December 18, 2016, 02:01:30 PM
Ellis is stealing and twisting the work of Robert Eisenman; Eisenman , Eisenman on the other hand looks at the gospels as historical fiction created by overseas writers to answer questions that people were asking about the Jesus figure .

These writers borrowed heavily from the Jewish writings of Philo and Josephus who both wrote about a Samaritan prophet who was executed by Pilate and a King Izates of Adaiabene who Josephus has being crucified between two bandits because he led the revolt against Rome . The Tomb of The Kings in Jerusalem still exists today and was the final resting place of the King's family according to Josephus .
Thanks.  I am coming from a place that thinks the bible is a fiction.  So I find Ellis refreshing because he does not seem to be a true believer and tries to make some sense out of the Jesus person minus all the religious hoopla.  Maybe I'll look up Eisenman, and if he's not too far over my head, read him. 
Some of these biblical scholars are hard to get into if you are not VERY familiar with other historians, and the history of the times. 

Juan Cena

I half expected Wilcock to say Trump's electoral college win meant the illuminati had been destroyed.

Crack is both a powerful drug, and the part of the body you shouldn't do your thinking with.

Zetaspeak

Show has been a bit all over the place in the first hour. Did they even spend 5 minutes on Atlantis  or Antarctica ?

Juan Cena

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 14, 2017, 01:10:47 AM
Show has been a bit all over the place in the first hour. Did they even spend 5 minutes on Atlantis  or Antarctica ?

Nope.

I imagine the Marines broke into the cabal's Antarctic bases and will shut off their magic weather machine as soon as Trump takes office.

anunnaki

Jason Colavito's review of The Ascension Mysteries Part 1

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-the-ascension-mysteries-by-david-wilcock-part-1

Wilcock's 2016 book is titled The Ascension Mysteries: Revealing the Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil. According to historian Jason Colavito, who reviewed it, it is more about the cosmic battle between Wilcock and his high school bullies.

I, for one, am glad that the Alliance finally put one in the W column and defeated the cabal.  :D

I think David Wilcock has taken over for Richard Hoagland as my all-time favorite story teller and fantasy writer.

TigerLily

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 14, 2017, 01:10:47 AM

Hi Z. I'm listening but probably just used that title because it's the hot topic. I posted about it a bit in the Antarctica thread.

TigerLily

Quote from: anunnaki on January 14, 2017, 01:30:20 AM
Jason Colavito's review of The Ascension Mysteries Part 1

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/review-of-the-ascension-mysteries-by-david-wilcock-part-1

Wilcock's 2016 book is titled The Ascension Mysteries: Revealing the Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil. According to historian Jason Colavito, who reviewed it, it is more about the cosmic battle between Wilcock and his high school bullies.

You know he had to spend a lot of time stuffed in his own locker

New book by George Snorry?  When did he learn how to write?

Hey David...   Make a freaking backup of your site. Use a filesystem that supports snapshots. That way it can fail-over when it gets corrupted or hacked. ::)

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on January 14, 2017, 01:31:45 AM
I, for one, am glad that the Alliance finally put one in the W column and defeated the cabal.  :D

I think David Wilcock has taken over for Richard Hoagland as my all-time favorite story teller and fantasy writer.
+19.5    ;)

Lot's of his material on Project Camel-toe Camelot

Quote from: TigerLily on January 14, 2017, 01:34:36 AM
You know he had to spend a lot of time stuffed in his own locker
;D

Zetaspeak

i have to give the cabel some credit they seem to be great time managers. They seem to be everywhere and control everything. So is Wilcock saying the cabel is putting a pizza franchise  in Antarctica?  I hope it's  a Domino's  but knowing  the cabel it will probably  be a Little Ceasars. :D

This guy thinks Trump is already setting up disclosure  before he even entered the WH, let alone a single cabinet  member. Trump is all powerful 

Hello Lily

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 14, 2017, 02:21:43 AM
i have to give the cabel some credit they seem to be great time managers. They seem to be everywhere and control everything. So is Wilcock saying the cabel is putting a pizza franchise  in Antarctica?  I hope it's  a Domino's  but knowing  the cabel it will probably  be a Little Ceasars. :D

This guy thinks Trump is already setting up disclosure  before he even entered the WH, let alone a single cabinet  member. Trump is all powerful 

Hello Lily

Well, more powerful than your shitty poll predictions, anyway.  ;)

lurkernerge

Black Knight Satellite show tonight.   8)

astroguy

Quote from: hubrid league on January 14, 2017, 11:25:35 PM
Black Knight Satellite show tonight.   8)
Damon T. Berry is one of the bigger idiots I've heard lately.  Almost everything he says is easily, demonstrably, FALSE.  Take his claims of the Antikythera mechanism.  He claims it shows the motions and positions of all the stars.  It does no such thing.  It's an orrery that can predict where various planets will be, including planning eclipses, and it it had the zodiacal signs.  It's very cool, it pushed Greek engineering back further than we had known.  But it's not some mystical thing that is far in advance of our computers today.  Or his claims that the Mayan calendar is more accurate than our own.  That's ridiculous on its face.  Our system of measuring time is accurate to milliseconds.  The Mayan calendar system didn't have any unit of time smaller than 1 day.

Ciardelo

The pyramids are a hoax?

dammit.  >:(