• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

School District approves Middle School X-Rated Sex Education Poster

Started by Up All Night, January 20, 2014, 10:25:00 AM

Up All Night

Shawnee, Kansas School District spokesperson Leigh Anne Neal said “The Sex Education poster is actually part of our middle school health and science materials, and so it is a part of our district approved curriculum.”

“The curriculum it is a part of, it aligns with national standards around those topics, and it’s part of our curriculum in the school district.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/17/parents-upset-by-x-rated-sex-ed-poster-in-middle-school/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Up All Night on January 20, 2014, 10:25:00 AM
Shawnee, Kansas School District spokesperson Leigh Anne Neal said “The Sex Education poster is actually part of our middle school health and science materials, and so it is a part of our district approved curriculum.”

“The curriculum it is a part of, it aligns with national standards around those topics, and it’s part of our curriculum in the school district.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/17/parents-upset-by-x-rated-sex-ed-poster-in-middle-school/

Yeah, cos it's much more productive to live in ignorance and believe that parents will have all the answers! The clue is Fox news.. When young girls no longer get pregnant because they were naive enough to believe that they couldn't get up the duff 'the first time' then they'll be no need for sex education... until that day, then teachers have the onerous task of doing the educating.

Quote from: Up All Night on January 20, 2014, 10:25:00 AM

Meanwhile, kids in Asia are learning advanced mathematics and science as our kids learn how to put condoms on bananas and figure out which gender bathroom they`re most comfortable taking a dump in.

Yep....we`re fucked.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 20, 2014, 10:58:30 AM
Meanwhile, kids in Asia are learning advanced mathematics and science as our kids learn how to put condoms on bananas and figure out which gender bathroom they`re most comfortable taking a dump in.

Yep....we`re fucked.

Could be that kids in Asia know that pregnancies aren't immaculate conceptions, and so can handle advanced maths.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2014, 11:03:41 AM
Could be that kids in Asia know that pregnancies aren't immaculate conceptions, and so can handle advanced maths.

b_dubb

American Parenting - maintain the illusion that the world is this Disney-esque sanitized place until they're 18 then kick their ass out the of the house, wish them good luck and slam the door behind them.  God forbid that we tell kids the truth. 

eeieeyeoh

I'd like to see some educated person post another species that practices anal semen injection. Sounds preposterous to me.

All the Dad needs to do though is teach his daughter about the followers of Moses. If that were my daughter, I would have been more concerned about what she learned in history class before she got that old. Over a well cooked meal seems appropriate for simply explaining that history is defined by the victor. Food for the body needs mental food to extract the nutrients.

Then we could move to the topic of Nuns teaching about the Holy Moses Immaculate Conception.

Maybe now humor has more than 4 parts.

onan

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 11:53:17 AM
I'd like to see some educated person post another species that practices anal semen injection. Sounds preposterous to me.

Sexual behavior is much more varied and complicated than to be reduced to the equation "if other animals do it, it probably is ok".

There are studies that present evidence of smelling other male anuses. But many mammals practice homosexual acts, including rams, bottle nose dolphins, and african lions. If we broaden the category from mammals to animals, some scientists claim that over 1500 species perform homosexual acts.

As to the rest of your post I am unclear as to your meaning.

As to what others do in the privacy of their homes, or back seats, I really don't care.

To sex education. I would bet money, the actual teaching material is much less prurient than the article posted.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: onan on January 20, 2014, 12:19:12 PM
Sexual behavior is much more varied and complicated than to be reduced to the equation "if other animals do it, it probably is ok".

There are studies that present evidence of smelling other male anuses. But many mammals practice homosexual acts, including rams, bottle nose dolphins, and african lions. If we broaden the category from mammals to animals, some scientists claim that over 1500 species perform homosexual acts.

As to the rest of your post I am unclear as to your meaning.

As to what others do in the privacy of their homes, or back seats, I really don't care.

To sex education. I would bet money, the actual teaching material is much less prurient than the article posted.

I'm sorry. "prurient" isn't in my dictionary.

I would like to hear your story of the history of Western Civilization though.

onan

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 12:26:13 PM
I'm sorry. "prurient" isn't in my dictionary.

I would like to hear your story of the history of Western Civilization though.

I am sorry you can't use google.

Go to a community college and sign up for Western Civ... pretty interesting stuff.

Why are you breaking my balls?

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: onan on January 20, 2014, 12:28:32 PM
I am sorry you can't use google.

Go to a community college and sign up for Western Civ... pretty interesting stuff.

Why are you breaking my balls?

Because you refuse to identify the heritage of your foundation.

After all, we all have a foundation.

Juan

I can see why parents complain, but at 13, I certainly had heard of all of that stuff.  And as for sex ed reducing teen pregnancy, I think statistics would show an increase in teen pregnancy since sex ed began in school.  Particularly if you cut out 18 and 19-year old pregnancies.  Back before sex ed, a lot of 18 and 19-year olds got married right out of high school - it was one way to avoid the draft.

Yorkshire pud

Part para out of the OP link:

I’m afraid many public schools have become perverse sexual indoctrination centers, where teachers provide “how-to” instructions instead of “don’t-do.”

Yeah, because the intelligent amongst us know that as soon as you tell a teenager they can't or shouldn't do something, they want to know what all the fuss is about, and find a way to do it. Don't drink booze..."Wow this must be really special, we'll hide in the park and get wasted and while we're at it, smoke full strength ciggies too"

And thinking parents will have had discussions about sex, relationships, reproduction and friendships way before their kids have perfectly natural and uncontrollable changes in adolescence.

But as long as you have Fox news pandering to the self righteous it will have an audience. When did Fox go to town with moral outrage after a shooting involving children?

I notice the poster the child is alleged to have photographed includes ALL aspects of platonic and non platonic relationships; so it appears well balanced and thorough. What a shame Fox couldn't pitch things in a similar vein...

Quote from: Juan on January 20, 2014, 12:52:04 PM
I can see why parents complain, but at 13, I certainly had heard of all of that stuff.  And as for sex ed reducing teen pregnancy, I think statistics would show an increase in teen pregnancy since sex ed began in school.  Particularly if you cut out 18 and 19-year old pregnancies.  Back before sex ed, a lot of 18 and 19-year olds got married right out of high school - it was one way to avoid the draft.

Our kids may be at the very bottom of the heap in science and math skills, but at least they know all about anal sex and how a  rubber goes on! Whew!!

onan

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 12:48:38 PM
Because you refuse to identify the heritage of your foundation.

After all, we all have a foundation.

You didn't ask for my CV.

I didn't refuse anything that I am aware of. So I am thinking you are still breaking my balls. I have no idea why. I am really attempting to stay out of the insult area.

You made a post requesting a list of animals that practice "anal semen injection". Then you went on some stream of consciousness about following Moses... I give up. It isn't worth my time.

Yorkshire pud

I can see why parents complain, but at 13, I certainly had heard of all of that stuff.  And as for sex ed reducing teen pregnancy, I think statistics would show an increase in teen pregnancy since sex ed began in school. 
Not so: Teenage pregnancies have always been in society (Mary was 13 when she gave birth to Jesus-but we'll gloss over that). The big difference is that now instead of as happened in Ireland, girls were shipped off to other places and their babies forcibly removed, or the young mother had a knitting needle stuffed in their womb, or in some instances the girl murdered (all of it done behind closed and very secure doors out of the public gaze) it's now accepted that yes, men are involved too!

There is so much hypocritical crap spouted when it comes to sex and relationships. A great deal by the very people who have caused the problem in the first place. Not telling kids what is involved in reproduction and relationships and instead leaving it 'until you're older' is counter productive and ultimately damaging.

I can see why some parents are embarrassed about discussing such things; So can the schools, that's why the teachers do it in an environment of honesty, feedback, openness and mutual respect.

onan

My wife is a master's level health educator. Her analysis is that Fox is looking to stir shit. I think I agree with her.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: onan on January 20, 2014, 01:10:59 PM
My wife is a master's level health educator. Her analysis is that Fox is looking to stir shit. I think I agree with her.

What!!!!!! Who knew?

eeieeyeoh

Drafts back then were served from a faucet w/big handle. Seems I was 1 when given a bottle to drink.

Joking aside, it was the 13 yr old pregnancies that were hidden and later mentioned w/muted words that had interesting yet sometimes tragic unfolding. I'm a rather old fart though. My parents only became overly protective once, and good MD figured out so I always knew since that for more reason it's better to be alive than not again. Good MD's seem to be in short supply lately. Attorneys, Judges, and insurance companies have somehow been given the priviledge of defining health in USA.

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on January 20, 2014, 01:08:51 PM

I didn't refuse anything that I am aware of. So I am thinking you are still breaking my balls. I have no idea why. I am really attempting to stay out of the insult area.

You made a post requesting a list of animals that practice "anal semen injection". Then you went on some stream of consciousness about following Moses... I give up. It isn't worth my time.

:o 

onan

I think statistics would show an increase in teen pregnancy since sex ed began in school. 

you would be wrong.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db58.htm

The birth rate for U.S. teenagers fell in 2009 to the lowest level ever reported.
Recent declines in teenage birth rates have occurred for younger and older teenagers.
Birth rates for teenagers aged 15-17 have fallen since 1991 for all racial and ethnic groups.
Birth rates for teenagers aged 18-19 fell in 2009 for all racial and ethnic groups.
Birth rates for young teenagers aged 15-17 declined in 31 states during 2007-2009.
Birth rates for older teenagers aged 18-19 fell in 45 states from 2007 through 2009.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 20, 2014, 01:08:36 PM

Our kids may be at the very bottom of the heap in science and math skills, but at least they know all about anal sex and how a  rubber goes on! Whew!!

Fox News' poster boy conveniently disregards the other parts of the poster that was displayed; So lets remind ourselves about ALL of it shall we before we're accused of being too selective:

as well as Anal sex, we have,:
Caressing, (touching, ewwwww)
Sexual  fantasy, (Fantasy, how commie is that?) 
Dancing (Yeah, because Elvis was so corrupt he was cut off at the waist!),
Massage (Wear Marigolds, can't have skin touching),
Kissing (Yuk!),
Vaginal intercourse (what do you mean babies can't happen that way?),
Hugging (now c'mon, that's just not healthy),
Saying 'I like you' (Oh please! That's no way to be, it implies affection),
Masturbation, (you'll go blind),
Cuddling on the couch (Hey, I'm watching the game, okay bitch!?),
Talking (What??? As in communicate? You really are kidding now),
Touching each others' genitals (Yuk...germs),
Oral sex, (That's for prostitutes),
Grinding (That sounds disgusting).

MikeJ

Quote from: onan on January 20, 2014, 01:10:59 PM

That's always my assumption when it comes to Faux News.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: onan on January 20, 2014, 01:08:51 PM

I'm not attempting to hire you on this forum.

If you were raised in Western Civilization, your understanding of who Moses was and direction of his followers was my inquiry about your foundation. You have the right to hide that if you wish.

However for forum topic, perhaps you can explain the pleasure you found injecting semen through an anus. Please be aware that I was a Veterinarian assistant of a very good Veterinarian through High School on weekends. That kind of Medicine doesn't have the luxury of a patient that can use words. That profession requires observing nature and interacting with it appropriately.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 02:18:48 PM
I'm not attempting to hire you on this forum.

If you were raised in Western Civilization, your understanding of who Moses was and direction of his followers was my inquiry about your foundation. You have the right to hide that if you wish.

However for forum topic, perhaps you can explain the pleasure you found injecting semen through an anus. Please be aware that I was a Veterinarian assistant of a very good Veterinarian through High School on weekends. That kind of Medicine doesn't have the luxury of a patient that can use words. That profession requires observing nature and interacting with it appropriately.

No offence; But what the fuck are you talking about?

My son is grown now, but I had a very open relationship with him growing up. I always encouraged him to ask about anything, including sex, rather than hear it on the street from someone else as clueless. I tell the story of pulling over on the way to Lord of the Rings because he asked The Question. So, I pulled over and told him and then we went and watched Frodo.

Other families aren't comfortable with this, and I understand this, but where I live there was an epidemic of HIV among 'nice' middle class kids, and teen pregnancies. Ignorance is the root cause. As a teacher, I teach young people about their bodies to educate them and protect them from predators. I've seen upper school sex Ed curriculums - they aren't salacious, and are better suited to modern kids actual concerns than the nonexistent curriculum I had growing up. A good curriculum wil answer questions and educate so that kids don't have unplanned pregnancies, develop STDs or HIV, or commit suicide because they are gay. It doesn't take the place of maths, they are taught once or twice a week,

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 20, 2014, 02:23:48 PM
My son is grown now, but I had a very open relationship with him growing up. I always encouraged him to ask about anything, including sex, rather than hear it on the street from someone else as clueless. I tell the story of pulling over on the way to Lord of the Rings because he asked The Question. So, I pulled over and told him and then we went and watched Frodo.

Other families aren't comfortable with this, and I understand this, but where I live there was an epidemic of HIV among 'nice' middle class kids, and teen pregnancies. Ignorance is the root cause. As a teacher, I teach young people about their bodies to educate them and protect them from predators. I've seen upper school sex Ed curriculums - they aren't salacious, and are better suited to modern kids actual concerns than the nonexistent curriculum I had growing up. A good curriculum wil answer questions and educate so that kids don't have unplanned pregnancies, develop STDs or HIV, or commit suicide because they are gay. It doesn't take the place of maths, they are taught once or twice a week,

Oh but it must UC! Otherwise it won't fit the round hole the square peg is being forced into. Fear and ignorance gives the Fox News aficionados something to make their own. We can't have kids being educated about their bodies and how things can be different from 'normal'; It will upset the indoctrination and quest for lack of knowledge.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

No offence; But what the fuck are you talking about?

Sorry if the American language is that much different than Briitish english. I have no cross reference to translate.