• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Yesterday, I lurked at the Nighthawk Zone

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 11, 2008, 04:49:42 PM

This is a very popular forum relating to Coast to Coast AM.  I was just curious if any of you guys were members or currently are members.

I think many of us have aliases over there by it is something of a sleepy village.

NefariousBanana, your avatar is terrifying! Where's that from?

Scully

I've registered with them now that they're taking new members, but I haven't found much activity going on there when I've visited.  I wonder if they didn't hurt themselves by turning away all comers for quite a while.   :(

starrmtn001

I've been a member since March, 2004 and I've always loved it. ;)

MV/Liberace!

I registered there in 2006 and was banned immediately. Why? Don't know. I never even made a single post. Never bothered with the FF again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Morgus

Looks like the fantastic forum got bought out recently and the new owner says he will unban those who got banned years ago by the former moderators.
The old group all left and started a different forum a few months ago, so its an all new management team at the old site, which was moved to a new server and its ancient Vbulletin database software cleaned up. But the old site appears really dead since the mass exodus, leaving only a small handful that don't really seem to be posting about much anything now.

Just another dead forum now. Even Art Bell doesn't post there anymore. Seems like facebook has taken over mostly now, even c2c and Art Bell himself have their own  facebook pages now. Even Richard Hoagland who was on c2c again a few nights ago, would tell callers to go his own facebook page for communicating with him.

The new FF2 site run by the original moderator team seems to have been made into a new Noory suck-up site apparently. They have the site set now so you can't even view any of the posts unless you are registered. New members are warned not to bash Noory or you will be summarily banned and your posts removed,  since Noory is a proud member there and posts there almost nightly to say hi to everybody.

Seems like they 'sold their soul' to the devil Noory for a handful of Friday onair shoutouts?  >:(

I never got banned because I never really posted anything. This FF2 sounds like the new incarnation of the dead http://nighthawkzone.com/

Morgus

Quote from: Michael V. on June 17, 2011, 06:05:34 PM
I registered there in 2006 and was banned immediately. Why? Don't know. I never even made a single post. Never bothered with the FF again.
you might have been thought to be a right-winger. they only wanted ultra-left liberals apparently at that time.  ;D

dto

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2011, 07:58:10 PM
Seems like they 'sold their soul' to the devil Noory for a handful of Friday onair shoutouts?  >:(
I only skimmed the new FF2 site a few times, but I was completely baffled by the sudden change of heart by some of the moderators who would never, ever listen to a Noory show. Something weird is going on there.

Morgus

Quote from: dto on June 17, 2011, 08:26:54 PM
I only skimmed the new FF2 site a few times, but I was completely baffled by the sudden change of heart by some of the moderators who would never, ever listen to a Noory show. Something weird is going on there.
its obvious they all sold their soul to the devil noory, so he would give them onair shoutouts to build their new site's membership.

anagrammy

There's just not enough people there and a complicated site.  The times I've stopped in only one or two people were there! Seriously.

Anagrammy

Scully

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2011, 08:28:11 PM
its obvious they all sold their soul to the devil noory, so he would give them onair shoutouts to build their new site's membership.

That is just what I surmised.  Premiere seems to be reaching out like an octopus.

I was at FF2 recently when Noory posted, and as C2C was on the air at the time, my first thought was that now George has one more computer distraction to take his mind off the agony of trying to pay attention to his guests.  ???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2011, 08:28:11 PM
I'd rather shut a forum down than feel compelled to go that route just for some publicity from the very people who destroyed one of my favorite radio shows.

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on June 18, 2011, 11:54:21 PM
I'd rather shut a forum down than feel compelled to go that route just for some publicity from the very people who destroyed one of my favorite radio shows.

Sent from my DROIDX

It is a wee bit whorey, isn't it?  But it's amazing what people will do to feel like they have a personal relationship with a celebrity.

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on June 19, 2011, 10:44:24 AM
But it's amazing what people will do to feel like they have a personal relationship with a celebrity.
It does seem that's what it boils down to, doesn't it?

floejisan

i was banned from that site i dont even remember why. there were all mostly dickholes as i recall.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Michael V. on June 17, 2011, 06:05:34 PMI registered there in 2006 and was banned immediately. Why? Don't know. I never even made a single post. Never bothered with the FF again.

WOW! How in the hell did you beat me? At least I got banned after ONE post, innocent though it was. I think it may have even been in the same year as you.

I registered at FF, and perused around a bit... eventually finding a thread where someone had requested a small c2c sound clip. Some bitch moderator there named ShirleyPal who shall remain nameless, posted a POS mp3 that sounded like hell, because it was recorded through a soundcard, and hiss and hum all throughout, so I simply clean up the audio to near perfection and attached the new mp3 as an alternative.

I did not disparage the poster, but was merely offering an alternative. I noticed my post was removed with a few minutes, so thought there was a glitch, so reposted it. I was banned without warning by that bitch ShirleyPal person who shall remain nameless. I emailed a few times and got back some really lame-assed replies, so never visited again.

Que Sera, Sera... as exemplified by the beautiful and talented Doris Day in the attached mp3:

[attachment deleted by admin]

anagrammy

Hi Hal9000!  Good to see you --welcome back!

Anagrammy

I read thru the pages there once or twice, but I was never a member. I have avoided attaching myself to anything labeled "fantastic" so far in my life and it seems to have been productive and healthy. Always seemed to me it was a place for Noory to go and hang out when he was feeling suicidal or horny.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on June 29, 2011, 03:07:21 PM
I read thru the pages there once or twice, but I was never a member. I have avoided attaching myself to anything labeled "fantastic" so far in my life and it seems to have been productive and healthy. Always seemed to me it was a place for Noory to go and hang out when he was feeling suicidal or horny.

You have one scary avatar.

onan

I have lurked there in the past.

What I enjoy here is the rich and usually well thought out posts. It seems that most posts on other c2c sites are one sentence, followed by a conga line of one line sycophantic responses. I do not see how that makes for any kind of community past the third grade mentality.

anagrammy

One thing I have been appreciating more lately about this forum is that people don't feel a need to say a variant of "right on" to every post that they like.  If you have a quote and "Yes indeed" or "Agree" for the dozen or so regular posters for every post (as stroking or encouragement), it's just too damn much work to scroll and scroll and scroll to find anything of substance. 

People post a "Bwahahaha" or "So true" for just those occasional posts which truly say it like it is.  And newcomers are as welcome to post as anyone.  And if you post a meaningless post or a dud (like probably this one), people are forgiving and no one posts "Asshole." 

Anagrammy

Anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on June 29, 2011, 11:40:25 PM
One thing I have been appreciating more lately about this forum is that people don't feel a need to say a variant of "right on" to every post that they like.  If you have a quote and "Yes indeed" or "Agree" for the dozen or so regular posters for every post (as stroking or encouragement), it's just too damn much work to scroll and scroll and scroll to find anything of substance. 

People post a "Bwahahaha" or "So true" for just those occasional posts which truly say it like it is.  And newcomers are as welcome to post as anyone.  And if you post a meaningless post or a dud (like probably this one), people are forgiving and no one posts "Asshole." 

Anagrammy

Anagrammy
Right on

JustOneFix

Quote from: anagrammy on June 29, 2011, 11:40:25 PM

Anagrammy

Anagrammy

Right on, yes indeed. I agree!