• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What the Fuck!!!

Started by georgesucks, December 27, 2013, 08:59:22 PM

rangers1919

This one has been brutal so far, and I just turned it on about 5 minutes ago. They talk about not needing to swear, etc. and then the examples they give of crude humor and clean humor are George Carlin and The Sound of Music. Both are dated references, and terrible examples. Carlin's entire "crude" schtick when he did the seven banned words was to point out how stupid it was to limit speech because it was crude. Carlin was an absolute comedic genius. There are stand up comedians I like a lot more, but I have to admit his comedic talent.

The funny thing is that when I turned it on and heard they had a woman guest host I kind of thought, "Alright, this is kind of progressive for C2C, even though other shows have been doing this for 45 years." And then the topic is swearing. Ha ha what a fucking joke this show is now.

Meanandnasty

My dissatisfaction is not necessarily Ms. Albrecht.  It is the choice of topic on a Friday night or any night on Coast. 

morgana213

Jesus fucking christ and unfucking believable!!!!

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 28, 2013, 01:08:08 AM
Jumpin' Jehosephat! Jiminy Cricket! Odds bodkins!

Gah, what a bummer. What's next - how to crochet a tea cozy for the Women's Institute?

Where's the Church Lady?

C2C now has all the edginess of the Family Circus.

Sambo

Kinda interested in her other work and knowledge. Internet privacy (she commended snowden) and startmail. I liked her explanation of the coming Antichrist as well. Until there's a paradigm shift big enough to create a world religion to knock out all existing religions the Antichrist will not be visiting us.  Usually a paradigm shift is completely unforeseeable, but I find it impossible to eradicate all religion in place of one. The catalyst being spiritual depravity.  Perhaps post humanism could do it.

Shitty c2c scheduled topic for someone who potentially has a wealth of knowledge and advocates privacy rights. Stupid marketing really

rangers1919

Quote from: Sambo on December 28, 2013, 02:06:13 AM
Kinda interested in her other work and knowledge. Internet privacy (she commended snowden) and startmail. I liked her explanation of the coming Antichrist as well. Until there's a paradigm shift big enough to create a world religion to knock out all existing religions the Antichrist will not be visiting us.  Usually a paradigm shift is completely unforeseeable, but I find it impossible to eradicate all religion in place of one. The catalyst being spiritual depravity.  Perhaps post humanism could do it.

Shitty c2c scheduled topic for someone who potentially has a wealth of knowledge and advocates privacy rights. Stupid marketing really

C2C just had what would have been the greatest prank call in a looooong time, if not all time, if only it wasn't a real call. It was perfect, modern, C2C.

An elderly man calling saying he went to a drive-in movie years ago and in the film they "uttered" a dirty word, so he hasn't gone to a movie since. WTF? 1 dirty word in the '70s and you don't go to a movie again? Hey, at least he save a bunch of money. Oh, and 9-11, It was the Jews.

rangers1919

PLlllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee

Somebody from here call in and drop an F-bomb. I know it will be dropped, but it would be so funny.

Gd5150

Cool I'm listening to Dr Laura (fartnoise). It's sad how clueless corporate is when it comes to what made The Art Bell show great. They have no fucking clue. This woman's voice is wrong. Took me 30 seconds to turn it off. This is so fing lame. Hey idiots, this isn't an afternoon talk show. The listeners aren't stay at home moms in 1985. Total crap.

Gd5150

Is this NPR? Might as well be.

Sambo

Quote from: rangers1919 on December 28, 2013, 02:17:40 AM
C2C just had what would have been the greatest prank call in a looooong time, if not all time, if only it wasn't a real call. It was perfect, modern, C2C.

An elderly man calling saying he went to a drive-in movie years ago and in the film they "uttered" a dirty word, so he hasn't gone to a movie since. WTF? 1 dirty word in the '70s and you don't go to a movie again? Hey, at least he save a bunch of money. Oh, and 9-11, It was the Jews.

Yea 9/11 and the Jews seems outrageous, but look at this dudes credentials as introduced at the beginning of this Jewish press outlet. Pretty freaking freaky.
http://youtu.be/9wbhs3ekoxk

Sambo

Quote from: rangers1919 on December 28, 2013, 02:18:44 AM
PLlllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeeee

Somebody from here call in and drop an F-bomb. I know it will be dropped, but it would be so funny.

I tried a few times to call in for that purpose. You gotta say it fast though.

Something like I'm really interested in your knowledge of the number of the beast. To be honest I thought this swearing topic was a hoax....she'll make a comment about and then you could say, yea but I dont want to talk about the fucking shit I want to hear about 666 and all that good shit

But if you're sauve enough it will get past the dump delay lol

When and how did the busybodies get control of every single thing in society?

Sambo

I really like how she handled that call re: Clearwater and coast to coast and the NSA. She addressed the issue of spying and majority rule.  She communicated with firm command that really felt dignified. Short of stating that we are the boss they (elected officials) work for us, the message she conveyed was probably the most assertive, victimless and pitiless I've heard on c2c

She just went on a weird tangent with a caller who was talking about disease spreading mice. I guess she somehow interpreted the mice as being potential carriers of nano surveillance devices.

As much as this swearing bullshit was terrible marketing, this woman is smart and resourceful.

I think that's part of noory's problem. He's not progressive minded anymore. He's optimistic but not passionate and ambitious. More like passive and ambiguous. This despite the demands and dedication of the job

Ms. C

Quote from: Sambo on December 27, 2013, 09:31:39 PM
http://youtu.be/wHfo8zwYFUo

Think about this poor dude and people like him when you reluctantly listen to c2c tonight

Oh My ... ROTFLMFAO -- as I listen to this first thing this morning (I have to work in the data center on a 12 hour shift for someone's vacation ...)  so this is absolutely the most EXCELLENT treat for me!!!  (I work alone so not worried about 'offending' anyone!!) hehehe ... anyways, thanks for the Giggle!

Ms. C

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 28, 2013, 02:51:36 AM
They haven't gotten a hold of my thing yet. I'm waiting...

onan

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 28, 2013, 02:51:36 AM

I am not sure of your point. The use of gutteral language has been more acceptable in the last 25 - 30 years than at any other time in the industrialized US. In the early 70's the use of one Fbomb brought an R rating. And busy bodies, to my way of thinking have never been a rarity.

I think you are old enough to have seen The Dick Van Dyke Show. The married couple didn't even share the same bed.

bateman

Hahahahaha, are you fucking kidding me. O&A had this guy on years ago.

http://youtu.be/3ki2wNAwCs4

Quote from: c337pilot on December 27, 2013, 09:04:35 PM
Curbing cursing really, Do we really need to have a show about this? For heaven sake, Coast to Coast is ready to be buried.

Waste of fucking time if you ask me.

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on December 28, 2013, 07:54:38 AM
I think you are old enough to have seen The Dick Van Dyke Show. The married couple didn't even share the same bed.
That's when America was strong, decent, clean. Divorce rates were low and mistresses and milkmen could make a decent living wage by keeping it on the downlow.

George Drooly

Didn't hear the show, but I'll be sure to tune in to the next episode when they discuss which fork to use... because, man, is it ever done.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 28, 2013, 10:34:50 AM
That's when America was strong, decent, clean. Divorce rates were low and mistresses and milkmen could make a decent living wage by keeping it on the downlow.

I think you have a point there man. EVERYTHING has gone to ratshit since milkmen couldn't earn a decent living hiding an erection.

b_dubb

Milkmen - providing America with anomalous pregnancies since the invention of ice

is there a known case where a single milk man sired multiple bastard children?

Sambo

Quote from: Ms. C on December 28, 2013, 06:50:29 AM
Oh My ... ROTFLMFAO -- as I listen to this first thing this morning (I have to work in the data center on a 12 hour shift for someone's vacation ...)  so this is absolutely the most EXCELLENT treat for me!!!  (I work alone so not worried about 'offending' anyone!!) hehehe ... anyways, thanks for the Giggle!

Ms. C

Haha, great innit :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 28, 2013, 10:55:42 AM
I think you have a point there man. EVERYTHING has gone to ratshit since milkmen couldn't earn a decent living hiding an erection.
Partly people like me who'll do it for free are to blame.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on December 28, 2013, 11:15:07 AM
Milkmen - providing America with anomalous pregnancies since the invention of ice

is there a known case where a single milk man sired multiple bastard children?

Indeed there is; Of all the children born on Acacia avenue, Steveange, between 1962-1976 65% were the product of liaisons between the women of said avenue and a certain Kevin 'Boner' Thrust. The local milkie. He drove an electric drey top speed 4mph. His accomplishment easily outstrips the next candidate Philip Clatterbuck of Featherstone, West Yorkshire who only managed to sire 40% of the children born in the two streets of that town between 1968 and 1980.

Mr Thrust is now retired and lives in a caravan alone, Mr Clatterbuck changed careers and is now a mobile DJ playing mainly to weddings and birthdays.

ItsOver

Quote from: onan on December 28, 2013, 07:54:38 AM

...I think you are old enough to have seen The Dick Van Dyke Show. The married couple didn't even share the same bed.

I was watching it last night.  Dick was upset he was going to have to fire either Buddy or Sally.  A show that's over half a century old and still much better than last night's C2C.  Or any C2C with Jorch.  Pitiful.

maureen

fuddle duddle! !!! !!!!!!!!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on December 28, 2013, 01:03:04 AM
Hope we find out which one's the soup spoon.

And why we need more than one fork.   ;D  The pod people are winning.

I did not listen to the part about excessive cussing, but I did listen to the open lines portion of the program last night

I will be honest, her voice for radio was not the best but it was actually a breath of fresh air (no fun intended to the npr show) to hear a woman host the program for the first time in a long time

she was decent but the calls, and did not seem to have much fear in dealing with people who were somewhat crazy

Of course I am taking her with a grain of salt, are you start page and a regular basis and have considered start mail, but she does have some strange connection to Alex Jones that I'm not overly comfortable with