• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell's financial situation

Started by RecoveringNoorholic, December 24, 2013, 11:51:44 PM

NXOEED

Quote from: Recovering Noorholic on January 03, 2014, 02:26:17 AM
Is it true Art Bell didn't pay his webmaster, that said webmaster had to try to get cash through affiliate link programs? That's kind-of a strange, and most likely not all that lucrative, arrangement. With all of Art's millions, a part-time webmaster should have been a drop in the bucket. Could it be that Art is either (a) a bad businessman, (b) stingy, (c) not a gajillionaire? (I find that "A" and "C" usually go together.)

I'm gonna guess that he jumped at the chance to be Art's webmaster.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NXOEED on January 07, 2014, 12:10:32 PM
I'm gonna guess that he jumped at the chance to be Art's webmaster.

had the show continued, and had it grown, keith's position in running artbell.com could have been quite lucrative for him with the arrangement they had.  it could have been a cash factory. 

gringomisio

I wouldn't be surprised if Keith owned the artbell.com domain name. 

Out of curiosity for those of you that make money off of ads, how much revenue do you think the site generates or would generate if Dark Matter took off?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: gringomisio on January 07, 2014, 04:27:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Keith owned the artbell.com domain name. 

Out of curiosity for those of you that make money off of ads, how much revenue do you think the site generates or would generate if Dark Matter took off?

it's a worthy amount.

DanTSX

What's next?

How much girth does Art have?

Is Art a grower or a shower?

Which Rush album is Art's favorite?

coaster

I remember posting a link to a "celebrity networth" site that claimed Art was worth 400 billion. The internet is retarded.

cweb

Quote from: DanTSX on January 09, 2014, 07:39:44 PM
The one with "Closer to the Heart," duh. He sings it in the shower but changes the lyrics so it goes "closer to the Arrrrrt!"
;D

steelbot

What's next?

Conquering the intrawebz

About 5 inches

Probably a grower and a toker, and a sharer...

wr250

What's next?

i didnt know limbaugh had a album ...

Quote from: NXOEED on January 07, 2014, 12:10:32 PM

if they were selling ads directly about $500/month less a salesman's commission of 20%; since they're using AdSense about $50/month

compete lists it with about 82K uniques/month at its height (Compete is not scientifically accurate as it's not measuring a tracking code, but gives a good ballpark) so I'm basing the first figure on a CPM of about $5

https://siteanalytics.compete.com/artbell.com/

by comparison, Richard C. Hoagland's website was tapping at around 50K unique visitors/month, Jorge's show gets about 600K, and Chris Hardwick's website (like Art, another '90's broadcast star) gets about 80K

paladin1991

What's next?

Remember, girth over length.  That's the critical aspect when talking about one's bit of lumber, eh?

stenjay

I have an Art Bell Google Alert set up and got this link in my inbox this morning.  Kind of funny/stupid.  A) I don't know how accurate this is and B) I don't know who would really care.  Still, though, thought you guys would get a kick out of it:  http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/authors/art-bell-net-worth/

Quote from: stenjay on June 27, 2014, 09:36:20 AM
I have an Art Bell Google Alert set up and got this link in my inbox this morning.  Kind of funny/stupid.  A) I don't know how accurate this is and B) I don't know who would really care.  Still, though, thought you guys would get a kick out of it:  http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/authors/art-bell-net-worth/

Art Bell's Dark Matter Radio Net Worth?