• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

area51drone

He has told you all time and time again that he won't part with his books, or his movies.   He's said some things can go.  I don't disagree with you paperboy (and coaster and others) that it would be good to get rid of more stuff (hell, even I could get rid of plenty), but I think there is no chance that Falkie will follow this advice.  Even if he does create the three piles, pile one is going to be the size of his apartment.

coaster

I'm looking a bookshelf that's sitting right next to me. It kind of reminds me of falkie's actually. Books, games, magazines. I was looking at the dates of some of the magazines. Several are from last year. I have some books that are collectible price guides that are several years old. Fuck sake, I have a lot of shit I do not need on that shelf. I'm going to take care of that in the next ten minutes. Going out to the trash right now. See how easy that is?

Quote from: coaster on June 19, 2015, 03:16:42 PM
The storage is a horrible idea imo. A complete waste of money that you do not really have to spend Falkie.

I agree with Coaster and Paper*boy, and sent Falkie a fairly long note this morning specifically telling him that he should not put things into storage.  Drone's probably right that a lot of items will be classified as indispensable, so the "donate," "sell," and "junk" piles won't be very big compared to the "keep" pile.

Comments I sent him:
The main thing I wanted to comment on is when you say that you'll put things into storage.  My wife used to work as an office manager for a storage company, which was later bought out by Public Storage some time ago.  A lot of people paid a lot of good money to store their things, but in the end, they paid a lot more in storage charges than what the items were worth as the bills had to be paid month after month after month.  Also, if a person falls behind on the storage fees, the units will eventually go up for auction, and you may lose your stuff entirely.  I know you'd try to keep current on the bills, but if other expenses come up (which they invariably do), I'd hate to see you lose your possessions.

If an item has a significant sentimental or other value to you, then you should keep it, but it'd be better to do so at your home.  If you can live without something, and haven't used it in over a year or two (aside from collectibles), maybe it'd be better to get rid of it.  Unless it is a rare or sentimental item, you could use the money you saved by not paying storage fees to purchase it again if you really needed it.  I know you have limited financial means, and I'd hate to see you handing your money over to the storage company each month for items you may never even go pull back out of there.  There are often break-ins at the units as well, so the whole storage idea is fraught with risk.

I wish George Senda, of course, the best, and don't want to see him living like this or evicted from his place.  You can do it, George!  You have the undeniable power of the Falkie will to press on and clean that place up!

area51drone

Quote from: coaster on June 19, 2015, 03:31:36 PM
I'm looking a bookshelf that's sitting right next to me. It kind of reminds me of falkie's actually. Books, games, magazines. I was looking at the dates of some of the magazines. Several are from last year. I have some books that are collectible price guides that are several years old. Fuck sake, I have a lot of shit I do not need on that shelf. I'm going to take care of that in the next ten minutes. Going out to the trash right now. See how easy that is?

I agree, and I have 5 bookshelves in my office myself.  Full of programming books, math books, electronics magazines, software, etc that I probably don't need.   I'm also not getting rid of them.  At the moment my office floor has a bunch of paperwork scattered around from building my new house - plans, materials information, etc etc.   I also have a few computers that run my business operating out of the room.   And a piano.  It's a mess, I'll admit.  But I can clean it up in less than 15 minutes too.

The entire apartment is a horror scene and there's no way you won't get evicted. Stacks of milk crates filled to the brim with junk, no empty surface space as far as the eye can see, a closet stacked to the ceiling with boxes and even more plastic containers, with trash everywhere. Hoooly shit. Wasting time by using pledge on busted bookshelves isn't the problem, Falkie. If it's broken or hasn't been used in months - THROW IT. Take an inventory of your shelves and I'll send you a Kindle I got from my last medical conference with the ebook versions I can find already installed so you can donate that clutter to a library.

Having a device that has access to the internet has eliminated the need for people whom regurgitate knowledge.

coaster

Imagine what would happen if an EMT needed to get in the place.

They might carry out the couch on a stretcher by mistake.

bateman

"Honestly, have you ever seen anything like this...?"

Laurakinch

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 19, 2015, 01:36:21 PM
Well, at least we were spared the bathroom - there is enough sadness in life without being exposed to that chamber of horrors. He's probably preparing his next episode: the masturbatorium - photoshopped pics of Henry Kissinger in a bikini, and Noory being brutally violated by a mountain goat.

Hahaha this is killing me ;D

3OctaveFart

Hoarding is supposed to be connected to decisionmaking in the cortex, where Falkie has consistently shown a deficit. Also related to a life trauma.
I don't know what the answers are but the puzzle is a lot more complete.
I hope George is at a crossroads with this.

here goes (if i'm not on ignore)  :)

Mr. Senda,
the Falkie apartment video makes it very clear that there is a problem with hoarding. hoarding doesn't always mean that the place is full of rotting garbage and dead animals. here is a short faq on the subject
https://iocdf.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Hoarding-Fact-Sheet.pdf

if you do a search on YT about hoarding, do a simple comparison of the Falkie abode with one like this--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOz2h6Zf-24

i did a quick google search on hoarding assistance for the state of california. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=help+for+hoarders+california

i'm not throwing this into your face to make fun of you. i believe that you are bright enough to discover that this is a problem that afflicts millions of americans. give the info a view. you don't have to tell anybody that you did and you might come to realize an effort can be made to make a change for the better.

btw, don't toss the autographed photo of George Reeves. give it to me. it will go well with the autographed ones i have of Kirk Alyn.  8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on June 19, 2015, 07:27:46 PM
you don't have to tell anybody that you did...

that ALONE would represent a fundamental change for him... never mind addressing the hoarding.

akwilly

I've never seen a skinny hoarder.. Thanks for not breaking the streak Falkie

Have no doubt - George will overcome this challenge, just as he has all the others.

Quote from: area51drone on June 19, 2015, 03:22:52 PM
He has told you all time and time again that he won't part with...

Oh, I know that.  I also know that Falkie knows it all, has a million excuses, reasons, people to blame, etc, ad naseum.

Did you see the comment about "Bellgabbers" not coming over and helping him clean?  How many other posters here does he know of that live a bike ride away?  That post was to do my part to help, in case I was slacking.  Whether he chooses to do it or not is up to him. 

About the books, one bookcase full should be plenty.  Is there anything more deadening than, say, Hoaglands books, Noory's so-called 'books', anything political?  I'm guessing the rest of them are just as dreary.  And just because he said he won't part with them doesn't mean he can't decide otherwise in the future.

Falkie!  Your junk owns you, not the other way around.  At some point the choice will be between getting rid of it and keeping your apartment, or losing the junk and the apartment.  And no one can help you with that

area51drone

Quote from: bateman on June 19, 2015, 09:40:09 PM

This is the best part - the guy is like a beetle turned upside down on his back.

coaster

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 19, 2015, 09:39:01 PM

Your junk owns you, not the other way around. 
this. so simple. realize that falkie. once you clean the clutter from your place, i bet the clutter in your life and brain will disappear too. I can only imagine how freeing it must feel to hoarders to finally let go. i bet its fucking exhilarating.
I'm starting to think maybe some of us haters don't hate you as much as you think they do. It just really gets exhausting watching you not care. I'm still trying to figure out why you don't care. life is pretty simple falkie. I don't understand how someone who has no responsibilities makes his life out to be so damn difficult.

aldousburbank

Quote from: coaster on June 19, 2015, 10:01:13 PM
this. so simple. realize that falkie. once you clean the clutter from your place, i bet the clutter in your life and brain will disappear too.
Feng Shui is a real thing.

aldousburbank

Quote from: coaster on June 19, 2015, 10:27:09 PM
I believe it.
Eyenoeyeno made fun of me when I did so but having someone feng shui my house changed my world around, almost in a frightening way in its specificity. I don't even believe in the stuff, but it works.

Daggit

I pity the poor guy from Storage Wars who is going to end up with this crap. Hopefully the Snoopy Phone is valuable to someone.

Quote from: Daggit on June 19, 2015, 10:58:30 PM
I pity the poor guy from Storage Wars who is going to end up with this crap. Hopefully the Snoopy Phone is valuable to someone.

Falkie can't get rid of that.  It reminds him of his glory days when he played Snoopy on stage.  I'm guessing that was grade school but still, it was important to Falkie.

Quote from: area51drone on June 19, 2015, 09:53:30 PM
This is the best part - the guy is like a beetle turned upside down on his back.

Turtled that fucker!

coaster

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 19, 2015, 10:50:55 PM
Eyenoeyeno made fun of me when I did so but having someone feng shui my house changed my world around, almost in a frightening way in its specificity. I don't even believe in the stuff, but it works.
I think anything in life thats a big heap of negative bs (falkies place) can affect your life as a whole. It goes with any other aspect of  life. If there is a problem that can be fixed, fix it. It will definitely help. So many things we dwell on that are negative can be fixed so fast. that bookshelf I mentioned earlier. I looked over at it while I was reading this thread. fixed. feel so much better.
no where is it written that life is supposed to be hard. we do that to ourselves.
and that is coaster's drunken musing of the night. cheers friendly friends.

WOTR

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 19, 2015, 07:15:17 PM
Hoarding is supposed to be connected to decisionmaking in the cortex, where Falkie has consistently shown a deficit. Also related to a life trauma.
I don't know what the answers are but the puzzle is a lot more complete.
I hope George is at a crossroads with this.
I'm kind of glad that those videos got posted.  I admit that I was somebody who honestly thought that the whole persona may have been "performance art"- but nobody lives like that as a "put on."  Hopefully it will remind us that there really is an individual with a real life that he appears to truly be struggling with no matter what people may think of him.

George- in this case, you may want to heed some of the advice that has been offered.  Most of it has actually been in good faith.  Even your staunchest detractors likely don't want to see you continue going down the path that you are on.  It may help to think that within a decade or two you will likely have to move and that it is easier to get rid of some stuff now then later.

I had mentioned that I helped my favourite person in the world clean a little- he is much younger than you, and was / is on his way to an apartment full of stuff.  He has an attachment to much of it, and I don't think that I pressured him even once to get rid of a single thing.  He would put it aside, but once the area was clear and he could reflect on piles of "stuff" for a couple of hours, he did not want to put it back.

I don't know if that helps at all- everyone is different... But you really have to find a way to dig out... Patty may be your best friend in this effort.  Anyhow, good luck.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: ONeill on June 19, 2015, 10:40:53 AM

O'neill, let me help...falkie hates Art Bell and it appears Art isn't too happy with him. Art is also concerned but as far as I can see and read falkie hates Art and is now making videos hammering Art and has stopped banging out dave since he got his spectacle money from jorch.