• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

Norm

Quote from: brig on June 08, 2019, 08:42:10 PM

1st time live in the Prius with Mobile Vision.

What I see is 425 plus pounds of Senda zooming down the freeway with no seatbelt. Think how spectacular it would be to imagine the Prius hitting a solid object and ejecting a humongous glob of Senda through the windshield before the main battery shorts and bursts into a ball of fire...

https://youtu.be/-IKqYljRl4I

Quote from: Norm on June 08, 2019, 09:40:54 PM
What I see is 425 plus pounds of Senda zooming down the freeway with no seatbelt. Think how spectacular it would be to imagine the Prius hitting a solid object and ejecting a humongous glob of Senda through the windshield before the main battery shorts and bursts into a ball of fire...

https://youtu.be/-IKqYljRl4I

Too rotund for seat belts.  However, he needs one of these babies to keep the CHiPs at bay.

Yorkshire pud

Loathed as I am to say it, Senda isn't alone in this part of the world. The same as having tread on the tyres, both/any headlights in place let alone working, panels fixed with more than duck tape and faith, windscreens in one piece; Wearing seatbelts as a safety concept is alien to many users of the roads around these parts. Hence the mortality rate. CA's is twice that of the UK which has half the population, and I'm asked by some why am I nervous about driving here. I'll think of a reason.

whoozit

What I see is 425 plus pounds of Senda zooming down the freeway with no seatbelt.
Can a seatbelt restrain a small elephant?  This point could be moot.

LadyFish

Quote from: brig on June 08, 2019, 11:01:11 PM
He could purchase one or two of these.

https://www.seatbeltextenderpros.com/shop-extenders-by-car?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgafwgM_b4gIVBcpkCh2J3wWaEAAYASAAEgKuQfD_BwE

After purchasing the current Prius, I recall Falkie saying that they went to a dealership and got free seatbelt extenders. I do think he got 2 for his own girth. Perhaps 2 is no longer enough?

Quote from: LadyFish on June 09, 2019, 07:50:23 AM
After purchasing the current Prius, I recall Falkie saying that they went to a dealership and got free seatbelt extenders. I do think he got 2 for his own girth. Perhaps 2 is no longer enough?

I recall that as well.  I can't see how he could out grow one.   That can't be possible, can it?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 09, 2019, 08:18:26 AM

I recall that as well.  I can't see how he could out grow one.   That can't be possible, can it?

His waist must be 70'' by now. He admitted to 64'' at one time but that was years ago and the fat swine has porked up alarmingly since then.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 09, 2019, 08:29:29 AM
His waist must be 70'' by now. He admitted to 64'' at one time but that was years ago and the fat swine has porked up alarmingly since then.

64 inches and growing?  Holy fright.  So he has to buy pants measured in yards?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 09, 2019, 08:29:29 AM

Ahh dear boy, how is the script coming along?

Norm

So what is really alarming is the terrible carnage a flying a 425 pound Senda blob being ejected through the large windshield of a Prius would create.

It never fails, numerous news reports of roll overs, head to head collisions all indicate occupants of those vehicles are 90 percent likely to be ejected simply because they failed to properly secure themselves with a seat belt harness.

This is not what I want to happen to our chubby little buddy. Not in the least.

But on the other hand maybe not. I'm scientifically curious as to the distance a normal body versus an obese body would travel through free space during a 65mph jaunt that ends with with a full stop against a concrete barrier or other non-moving solid object.

And which object, iPad or Senda, assuming they both were ejected at the exact same time, would travel the furthest distance?

Asking for a friend.

whoozit

How could Senda be ejected?  His ample padding will allow him to get up, dust himself off, and waddle away.

Lilith

The truth is, Senda is secured, and protected in his seat by protective blubber. There is no room, nor any need for an airbag, nor any need for a seatbelt.  Besides that, he would not be ejected because he wouldn't fit through the windshield.

Quote from: brig on June 09, 2019, 10:25:44 AM
The truth is, Senda is secured, and protected in his seat by protective blubber. There is no room, nor any need for an airbag, nor any need for a seatbelt.  Besides that, he would not be ejected because he wouldn't fit through the windshield.

Be that as it may and as highly a skilled driver that Kathy may be - shit can and does happen.  Buckle up George!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: brig on June 09, 2019, 10:25:44 AM

Newton would disagree. He may not wholly go through the gap where the glass used to be, but parts of him would..As would parts of him be trapped under the dashboard and snap in various places as the bits of mass was still exiting the hole.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 09, 2019, 10:33:27 AM
Newton would disagree. He may not wholly go through the gap where the glass used to be, but parts of him would..As would parts of him be trapped under the dashboard and snap in various places as the bits of mass was still exiting the hole.

Yeah.   That "m" in Ike's 2nd law is a bitch.

Don't forget that an innocent could be hammered by a flying Senda.

Buckle up George!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 09, 2019, 10:40:15 AM
Yeah.   That "m" in Ike's 2nd law is a bitch.

Don't forget that an innocent could be hammered by a flying Senda.

Buckle up George!

This is northern California, I think the risks are to the tectonic underpinnings of the bay area if Senda hit the tarmac at any appreciable velocity.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 09, 2019, 10:53:20 AM

This is northern California, I think the risks are to the tectonic underpinnings of the bay area if Senda hit the tarmac at any appreciable velocity.

OMG.   Didn't consider that.   Buckle up George! 

Yorkshire pud

This is actual simulation footage of what would happen if Senda and Kathy's Prius hit a kerb stone high enough to stop the car and fast enough to project an un buckled Senda through the air...

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 09, 2019, 11:03:32 AM
This is actual simulation footage of what would happen if Senda and Kathy's Prius hit a kerb stone high enough to stop the car and fast enough to project an un buckled Senda through the air...

Too bad OLG has been cast out once again.  Otherwise, he could beseech The Master to secure himself no matter what the discomfort level is.

SredniVashtar

I see three possible outcomes.

1. Senda, the soul of chivalry, wedges himself between his beloved Kathy's airbags and saves his worthless life at the expense of her worthless life, by using her as a semi-human shield.

2. The consistency of your average Senda is like wet cement. Given sufficient kinetic energy he could easily be squashed through the windscreen, turning him into a flabby frisbee of devastating power.

3. He gets stuck in the windscreen, the car starts to burn, and Senda's trotters start wheeling away violently to unsuccessfully avoid the conflagration. The resulting grease fire creating a nuclear winter across the whole of California.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 09, 2019, 11:20:05 AM

1. Senda, the soul of chivalry, wedges himself between his beloved Kathy's airbags and saves his worthless life at the expense of her worthless life, by using her as a semi-human shield.

2. The consistency of your average Senda is like wet cement. Given sufficient kinetic energy he could easily be squashed through the windscreen, turning him into a flabby frisbee of devastating power.

3. He gets stuck in the windscreen, the car starts to burn, and Senda's trotters start wheeling away violently to unsuccessfully avoid the conflagration. The resulting grease fire creating a nuclear winter across the whole of California.

Unless of course he brought his massive upper body strength into play?

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 09, 2019, 11:20:05 AM

#3 is not unheard of:
https://www.miamiherald.com/article147078929.html

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 09, 2019, 11:22:38 AM

Unless of course he brought his massive upper body strength into play?

Not to mention his super powers, lest you have all forgotten.  Senda has no need of airbags, nor safety belts.

SredniVashtar

(
Quote from: brig on June 09, 2019, 11:27:05 AM

Not to mention his super powers, lest you have all forgotten.  Senda has no need of airbags, nor safety belts.

Is it a fat bird? Is it an unusually obese plane? No, it's Sendaman!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 09, 2019, 11:26:36 AM
#3 is not unheard of:
https://www.miamiherald.com/article147078929.html

I like the bit where it said that there wasn't much damage since a crematorium is built to withstand fire. No shit!

Yorkshire pud

I wonder what the end result would be if say for example the Prius caught fire at 60mph and hit something 45 seconds later with the two of them in it. Would the fire have consumed them enough to lessen the F = ma and therefore the likelihood of an earthquake or would the fat sustain the total mass for long enough to light up all of northern CA and the south of OR for the next two to three weeks and an earthquake still happen in the 4-5 region?

whoozit

If I ever get to Martinez I’m going to dress up like Captain Ahab and chase George with a harpoon.