• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The people that we miss on the awesome forum.

Started by georgesucks, December 17, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

Wasn't there an El Barto, too?  Things got really weird for a time with people proclaiming their hacker/stalker cred.  Bart Ell's video posts are a bit hit or miss for me.  I annoyed him by complaining about his dozens of random video posts, but some people here enjoy them, some of them ARE funny, and I just needed to MYOB on the subject (free country and all).

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 26, 2014, 04:54:24 PM
I think I need to go add Falkie stalker to the Urban Dictionary.

Falker appears in Finnegans Wake. I don't recall exactly... something like:
"We tuk thayt moother-falker Tu tusk."

I could be wrong.

As far as forum posters missed:

That rebellious Arthurian knight: Caruthers612.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 27, 2014, 06:23:54 PM

That rebellious Arthurian knight: Caruthers612.

you remember mordred?  same guy.  changed his name.

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on February 26, 2014, 05:49:16 PM
Best post ever was guilds dig at widespread's vhs tapes during the nut hugger scandal of 2013
Good times, good times, just before The Great Letdown of 2013.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 27, 2014, 06:23:54 PM
Falker appears in Finnegans Wake. I don't recall exactly... something like:
"We tuk thayt moother-falker Tu tusk."

If so, that is the most easily understandable line in the book. CA, you are like Joyce for Bellgab. I think I made that comment about one of your comments before :)

eddie dean

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2014, 07:25:51 PM
Good times, good times, just before The Great Letdown of 2013.

If you recall, the member who started the exchange that ultimately lead to the formation of the Nuthuggers United Troop Association (NUT-ASS) was,
Gnoory.

Quote from: MV on February 27, 2014, 06:51:40 PM
you remember mordred?  same guy.  changed his name.
You bet I remember him. "Rebellious Arthurian knight" was code for "Mordred." haha.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 27, 2014, 07:30:39 PM
If so, that is the most easily understandable line in the book. CA, you are like Joyce for Bellgab. I think I made that comment about one of your comments before :)

Haha. Yes, that would be a true statement. My fictional Finnegan Falker contraction is straightforward.  Referencing "The herd" (moother) following/chasing Faulkie maybe less so. I won't comment on Tu and tusk‡‡‡.

Yes, you did reference Joyce before. A high compliment indeed and warmed my absinthe-suspended heart. 

Finnegans Wake is like some kind of nightmarish inverted Rosetta Stone, isn't it?

Recently, I think I was sort of being out-Joyced by eeieeyeoh.

I couldn't understand a lot of his posts. It was almost like a smart bot program was posting - the first couple of sentences would relate to a previous post but then devolve. It was odd. Like hitting a brick wall in mid paragraph.

(‡‡‡... though "Tu tusk" could be a reversible phonetic I made up on the fly that sounds suspiciously like "suck wood." See Led Zeppelin, Stairway To Heaven, My Sweet Satan, et al.)

ItsOver

Gnoory? Do tell.  I thought it was provoked by Widespread1.  The DM debacle may have traumatized me more than I thought.

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2014, 08:16:18 PM
Gnoory? Do tell.  I thought it was provoked by Widespread1.  The DM debacle may have traumatized me more than I thought.

Noory came into one of the live thread chats and many posters started attacking him. Widespread lept to his defense and told off many of the attackers. He later apologized and said that he didn't realize that Noory had a history of trolling this site.

In summation it was Noory's fault and he still sucks.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 27, 2014, 08:11:12 PM
Heh thisa maka me laff.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on February 27, 2014, 08:44:49 PM
Noory came into one of the live thread chats and many posters started attacking him. Widespread lept to his defense and told off many of the attackers. He later apologized and said that he didn't realize that Noory had a history of trolling this site.

All suckage eventually leads to Noory. ;)

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on February 27, 2014, 08:44:49 PM

Jaz speaks da truth.
Onan had a mini-meltdown and started cursing at gnoory. Calling him a cunt or pompus twat and other choice words. Gnoory totally deserved it, of course. I remember being somewhat shocked because onan is usually a pretty easy going 'dude'. Although I agree with what onan said, it was startling!
Similar to when I was a kid and I heard my dad let loose on somebody & cuss them out.
It was awesome!
I smell a new thread here: best moments in bellgab's / coastgab's history.

jazmunda

Quote from: ItsOver on February 27, 2014, 09:00:39 PM
All suckage eventually leads to Noory. ;)

I heard that Hoover was going to be naming their brand new line of vacuum cleaners after him.

http://youtu.be/bcYppAs6ZdI

zeebo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 27, 2014, 08:11:12 PM

I couldn't understand a lot of his posts. It was almost like a smart bot program was posting - the first couple of sentences would relate to a previous post but then devolve. It was odd. Like hitting a brick wall in mid paragraph....

Yes there is something cryptic yet still comprehesible about them.  Like reading something that's gone through an online language translator one too many times - you can still make out a general sense of what it's about but the specifics have gone all wonky. 

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on February 27, 2014, 09:43:33 PM

Similar to when I was a kid and I heard my dad let loose on somebody & cuss them out.

I have a similar story. I once heard my mum call some someone a mean old cunt to their face which was extremely out of character. She must have been mad as heck.

That night was basically my entire impetus for finally creating an account after lurking for a few weeks. 

ItsOver

Quote from: eddie dean on February 27, 2014, 09:43:33 PM
Jaz speaks da truth.
Onan had a mini-meltdown and started cursing at gnoory. Calling him a cunt or pompus twat and other choice words. Gnoory totally deserved it, of course. I remember being somewhat shocked because onan is usually a pretty easy going 'dude'. Although I agree with what onan said, it was startling!
It was awesome!
I smell a new thread here: best moments in bellgab's / coastgab's history.
Hahaha, "The Dude" having "a mini-meltdown" and cursing at Noory?  I'm having Lebowski flashbacks.  ;D  I was "on the road" during that time and recall checking-in to BellGab one night and watching "The Nuthugging Festival" breakout and MV wondering just what the hey was going on.  Hilarious.

I just realized Stevesh hasn't popped up here since November (during the dark days of mass forum hysteria).  He and ChewMouse and others all faded around the same time.  Come back, Chew!

McPhallus

Quote from: zeebo on February 27, 2014, 10:56:24 PM
Yes there is something cryptic yet still comprehesible about them.  Like reading something that's gone through an online language translator one too many times - you can still make out a general sense of what it's about but the specifics have gone all wonky.

This description reminds me of a poster named "Roger" from a few years back.  His posts were semi on-topic, yet so cryptic that they seemed that they seemed to lack any point of entry outside the head of the guy posting them.  Sort of like the product of an autistic mind.

area51drone

Has it been long enough that it is no longer uncouth to say I miss Falkie?

zeebo

Quote from: area51drone on March 29, 2014, 10:17:55 PM
Has it been long enough that it is no longer uncouth to say I miss Falkie?

I have no idea what happened with the whole Falkie saga, and not really interested, but I will say that every once in a while if I bothered to scan one of his text walls, there'd often be a worthwhile nugget of amusement there.

Uncle Duke

Wouldn't say I miss the guy, but I was always curious about one of the characters who posted frequently during the halcyon days of November last.  As I recall, the guy claimed to be from Vegas and to be a professional gambler.  The poster must have stared either at the member list or Art's profile until Art logged in, then he would instantly would post "Hello Art".  I couldn't figure out if he was a stalker or one of Art's shills, transferred over from the radio call-in division to BellGab.

bigchucka

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 31, 2014, 03:06:22 PM
Wouldn't say I miss the guy, but I was always curious about one of the characters who posted frequently during the halcyon days of November last.  As I recall, the guy claimed to be from Vegas and to be a professional gambler.  The poster must have stared either at the member list or Art's profile until Art logged in, then he would instantly would post "Hello Art".  I couldn't figure out if he was a stalker or one of Art's shills, transferred over from the radio call-in division to BellGab.

I remember the time that Amarillo Slim was on the show.  I always thought that someone like Phil Hellmuth or Daniel Negreanu would be a good interview as well.  Doyle Brunson as well.

McPhallus

The cast of characters who emerged during that special time (and later vanished) are almost worthy of their own thread.

It's unfortunate that a few regulars became casualties of that bunch.

bigchucka

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 05, 2014, 08:33:30 AM
GuildNavigator- wherefore Art thou?

Just made the connection.  He's probably another Dune fan, I'm presuming...

I don't think you choose a forum name like that by accident!  Now, let's all recite the litany against fear....

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 05, 2014, 08:33:30 AM
GuildNavigator- wherefore Art thou?
He's out trying to secure Spice.  The Spice must flow after all.

Foodlion

Not to derail the thread, but it's possible to program a browser add-on (Like an RSS feed) that would notify an web change or update by any means such as a email, phone message, or even using an external Arduino to sound an alarm or flashing light. All one would have to do is to set it to Art's profile or it's source code, and let the program do the work passively.
This type of setup has been used and probably still is by certain media groups, and it's really simple once you know the programming and have the devices.
If this guy is a professional gambler then I would already suspect there's a higher chance than any he's tinkered in the field since it could be used to card count on online gambling sites, and assist the player to help their odds. Then again, that does take a lot more skill because of the camera recognition setup.

Just a thought anyways.