• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dark Matter Network Content

Started by Textor, November 22, 2013, 10:44:43 AM

Catsmile

Quote from: McPhallus on June 06, 2014, 07:59:19 PM
I heard Art Bell quit Dark Matter.

Ah SHIT! 

Art Bell isn't on Coast to Coast anymore??!

WildCard

LMAO.

I'll be more specific. The show running before Jimmy, they said something like "e excess".
-------
George is gonna be there? Not interested.

WildCard

What The Hell Is That? 

Tourist #1-Steve Martin 

Tourist #2-Bill Murray

[ Tourist #1 wanders onto set, looks straight into camera inquisitively with a dumb look on his face ] 

Tourist #1: What the hell is that?! [ squints ] What the hell is that? [ chuckling at himself ] What's that danged thing doing here! How did that get here? What the hell is that?! [ squints ] What the hell is that?! How'd that dang deal get here?! [ turns off-camera ] Hey! Come on over here and look at this deal! 

[ Tourist #2 wanders onto the set to take a bewildered look ] 

Tourist #2: What the hell is that? 

Tourist #1: I don't know what the hell that is! 

Tourist #2: What in the hell is that?! 

Tourist #1: Hey, you kids! Get away from there!

Tourist #2: I would not mess with that thing.. 

Tourist #1: Don't put your lips on it! 

Tourist #2: [ ever curious ] What the hell is this? 

Tourist #1: Well.. get a photo of me with it, anyway! 

[ Tourist #1 hands camera to Tourist #2, then walks away from camera view to have his picture taken ] 

Tourist #2: Be careful with that thing. [ snaps Tourist #1's picture, as spark of ingenuity develops on his face ] Oh, I know what that is! 

Tourist #1: [ returns next to Tourist #2 ] Well, what the hell is it?! 

Tourist #2: [ looks closer ] What is that thing..? 

Tourist #1: I don't even care what it is. [ pause ] What the hell is that?! 

Tourist #2: I don't know what the hell that thing is.

Tourist #1: Oh, I know what it is!

Tourist #2: [ seeing it ] Oh, yeah.. oh yeah.. [ chuckles ] 

[ Tourist #1 & #2 walk away from the stage. A beat, before their heads peer back into frame, more inquisitive than ever. ] 

Tourist #1: What the hell was that?!

zeebo

Quote from: Catsmile on June 06, 2014, 08:00:17 PM
Ah SHIT! 

Art Bell isn't on Coast to Coast anymore??!

I haven't heard him on Dreamland lately.  Any news?

malliard

Statement re: The Malliard Report and DMRadioNet  http://goo.gl/gU4Sta

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on June 29, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Wow.  Keith Rowland.  A real nice guy and a total pro:

[attach=1]

If Keith acted as any kind of intermediary between Sirius and Art, it's not hard to figure out why Art's relationship with the company went down the shitter in such epic fashion.

We had our moment with him, as well.  Don't feel bad.  You're not the first, and based on what I've seen of his apparent social ineptitude, you won't be the last.

malliard

yes Mv, i listened to your podcast a month or so ago, kinda just left as water under the bridge, but thanks for sharing, cause if you didnt, i probly wouldnt have either.

Bart Ell

Keith Rowland - The Jimmy Church of web design.

Thanks for contacting me to design your new site, Art. I am very excited about your new show Dark Matter. I have got my hands on some new software. I won't bore you with the details but it has ways to press words and make them a site. I know, freaking jeanyuss! These days you just need this new software and MS Paint and you are golden Art, freaking GOLDEN!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: malliard on June 29, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

I'm not going to get involved in a pissing contest between Mallard and Rowland, but the most interesting aspect of this to me is Jim's observation about Art's absentee relationship with "his" network.  (And yes I know Keith, not Art, owns the network, but clearly Art lent both his name and support/sponsorship to the network.  Without Art's backing initially, there would be no DMRN.) To quote Jim, "Lets all keep in mind that Art Bell himself has even walked away from this network, because of his non compete with Sirius XM". 

I agree with the Jim's first comment, that Art has indeed "walked away" from the network.  (Of course he's similarly walked away from this site as well, but that's another story.)  Not so sure his lack of ionvolvement is related to the non-compete, however.  My personal feeling is it has more to do with Art's "no mas, no mas" bit that led him to bale on SXM in the first place.  As I said in Nov, I think Art decided to give it up after remembering what a grind such a show is, the anti-SXM spin was just a convenient excuse.  Simply put, I think he decided he liked being retired.  For this I don't fault him, although I think he could have handled his departure better.

I bring this up in light of recent threads about whether Art will come back in 2015, and what he should be doing to promote his show should he come back.  From what I've seen, Art has done zip to promote himself, the network, or the network's talent.  For example, he could be a guest on any program without violating his non-compete. (I remember Art saying this himself while he was still posting here.)  That would be a great way to keep his name out in the public and promote DMRN/talent, but to my knowledge he has not appeared on any DMRN program.  In fact, as far as I know he hasn't even recorded a spot  for the network or its programming/talent.  You know, some thing like, "You're listening to the Dark Matter Radio Network", or "Hi, I'm Art Bell and I never miss Steve Warner's 'Dark Weekend' on the DMRN".  Hard to believe Keith or some of the individual hosts haven't asked.

I see a total lack of committment on Art's part to DMRN.  If he's planning to come back next year with a show on this network,  I find that very odd. To my mind, if Art doesn't come back, DMRN is toast in fairly short order come the fall of 2015.   While Art's silent role with DMRN was apparently not a substantial causal factor in Jim Mallard's departure, I wonder if DMRN's top talent isn't already looking for a landing spot in antipication of Art not making a go of it and/or DMRN going tits up.  If they aren't yet, perhaps they should be based on Art's apparent lack of interest in his flagship broadcast source.

McPhallus

If Art doesn't come back and stay for at least a couple of years, I doubt DMRN will last.  The only guy doing the work of coordinating the network is Keith, and it sounds like he's already bored with the whole damn thing.  DMRN may have been just a bone tossed to the fans to get them off Art's back.

cweb

My condolences, Jim. I hope Keith has apologized. It appears the tweet has been deleted (unless it somehow didn't load on my Twitter app).

If I had a show and a family emergency forced me to bring in a guest host, I would be furious if my carrier took it upon himself to make a comment like that.

Consider this scenario: Art Bell doesn't come back to DMRN, or leaves quickly... People will be PISSED, not only about Art but from Keith selling the bag of goods "stay with us, the Big Guy will be here soon to lift our boats." The new line would become "the promise didn't work out, but hey, we have one heckuva network going now." And then it would collapse.

Jim, it might be a blessing in disguise. Because coming out from that shadow could allow you to explore your own venues and develop your show even further. Sure, the built-in promotion from that network was nice. But it's a really big Internet out there. There are always more opportunities. Best of luck to you.

If art diloest get radioaffiliates his show will  be horrid. Broadcasting on DRMN radio network is fine but exclusive is suicide

malliard

Quote from: cweb on June 30, 2014, 06:51:03 AM
It appears the tweet has been deleted (unless it somehow didn't load on my Twitter app).

Yes Mr Rowland, deleted it, big shock right?

malliard

well my wife was guest co hosting with me, we were doing some current event type of things but i dont think it should have got a public notice like that

malliard

i agree, it was a nice thing, it was cool to be part of it went it was on artbell.com, it was nice went it had its only page.

but i have my own thoeries, but i totally agree, i need to do what i was doing pre dark matter days, growing within my self.

it is a craft, and having only done it 3 years, i have learned alot and still have a lot to go

Again, thanks for all your support and your words...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: malliard on June 30, 2014, 08:40:26 PM
well my wife was guest co hosting with me, we were doing some current event type of things but i dont think it should have got a public notice like that

if he had a problem with you or something you were doing, he should have taken that up with you privately... not as a public tweet.  seems any normal person would go about it differently.

par for the course.

malliard

ya he didnt have any problem any other night messaging me on skype....

eddie dean

Quote from: malliard on June 30, 2014, 08:45:27 PM
ya he didnt have any problem any other night messaging me on skype....

Has he apologized yet? If so, personally or publicly?

malliard

i am sure he hoped deleting the tweet would make it all go away.

williedee

Just about every time I tune into DMRN I've enjoyed what has been  playing. I really hope it stays on the air, there's a lot of fun shows to listen to. I feel like they've got a good blend of conspiracy/ufo/new age/alt shows going on there.  That's all.

Juan

And the 230-word per second, fun in a batshit crazy way, Solaris Blueraven.

Zack

Best shows I've heard here are The Unexplained, FTB, Dark Weekend and Big Picture Science. 

WildCard

Capricorn Radio #159 William Binney

1984 was about visual and sound mind-control, this is more textual
more invasive, when they've mapped you they can almost read your mind
retroactively investigating someones life. They're giving telecommunication companies retroactive immunity.
a pre-facist state and you don't even know it.
How many U.S. citizens are in your data base?
The next day - we can't say because that would violate their priavcy
Was the google warrant even necessary?
No, that just makes it easier. Don't want to give it up? Too bad, you'll do it anyway.
Are you considered a traitor by the people in the NSA?
No, I think most of them would agree with me.

-paraphrasing Binny

sheesh! this host!

Danger!UFO

Listened to Paranormal Central tonight. Wow. This was soooo bad. I use to listen to this show and sort of liked it. Scary bad tonight. Bat shit crazy.

Dark Weekend on now. George Knapp later!

wr250

Quote from: Danger!UFO on August 17, 2014, 08:24:49 PM
Listened to Paranormal Central tonight. Wow. This was soooo bad. I use to listen to this show and sort of liked it. Scary bad tonight. Bat shit crazy.

Dark Weekend on now. George Knapp later!

paranormal central can be ok, (just ok), and can be like tonight. at least solaris wasnt on ...

phobos2995

was lying in bed at like 3 in the f'ing morning and these two morons that host this show on Dark Matter.
Ryan somebody and Mike D.... sound more like Beavis and Butthead.  To me this show was soo annoying.  They were trying to disparage another host on another network. They must have repeated the phrase "bag of shit" -- and it wasn't censored... they repeated it, back and forth, over and over..they finally agreed on "bag of ebola" which is offensive as hell to me..not funny as people are suffering terribly with this virus.  I hope this show, called "The Secret Teachings" goes away soon.  I won't listen..and I just hope they don't become popular!! That would make me  look like the idiot!!!
These guys have college degrees,obviously in some liberal arts subject..def not math, physics or chemistry.  :P  :bee

Tarbaby

Quote from: phobos2995 on September 01, 2014, 06:41:47 AM
was lying in bed at like 3 in the f'ing morning and these two morons that host this show on Dark Matter.
Ryan somebody and Mike D.... sound more like Beavis and Butthead.  To me this show was soo annoying.  They were trying to disparage another host on another network. They must have repeated the phrase "bag of shit" -- and it wasn't censored... they repeated it, back and forth, over and over..they finally agreed on "bag of ebola" which is offensive as hell to me..not funny as people are suffering terribly with this virus.  I hope this show, called "The Secret Teachings" goes away soon.  I won't listen..and I just hope they don't become popular!! That would make me  look like the idiot!!!
These guys have college degrees,obviously in some liberal arts subject..def not math, physics or chemistry.  :P  :bee
if they become popular that wouldn't mean you are stupid. Look at how many  popular things are garbage. e.g., prime time TV, fast food…