• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Who else is driven insane by the Fringe promos?

Started by towerjunkie, September 08, 2008, 11:44:19 PM

towerjunkie

I feel like I've heard the ad a million times now.  The one with the two "Fringe/JJ Abrams Fans" ("We're Lost without him!").

I'm to the point where as soon as I hear that promo I switch to my Art Bell collection.  I know the ads get really fucking repetitive but this one just annoys the shit out of me like no other.

I'm sure the show may be good, but they could at least come up with maybe rotating promos, or not play it so goddamn much.

I completely agree.

If the ads are any indicant, this X Files wannabe is going to completely suck, just like Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles, which I can't believe returned for a second season.  If SCC returns for a THIRD season, I will, as a protest, take my DVD copy of The Terminator, cut it up into ~pieces of eight~ and mail the pieces to the governor of California.? 

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a strong man, but he will take such action personally.  It will injure him to the core.

"Dere cuttin' up my dee vee deeeeeeeeeeeeees!  Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!  Get Fox on da phone!"

Of course, this gesture is meaningful in my eyes because I enjoyed the first Terminator film.   

But yes.  HATE HATE HATE HATE the Fringe ad.  It sounds like Tahiti Village crap.  Hey, there's an idea: Contract Roseanne to advertise for Fringe.

"You're not going to believe your eyes! And then your eyes will fall out of your head!  It's that good!" Rosy screamed.

Hopefully the ads do NOT reflect the quality of the series, but I fear it's just another slapped together attempt to tap into the supernatural market which is growing even as interest in both forensic crime solving shows and reality television finally declines. 

~There are two corpses in the Nielsen examining room.  One toe tag says CSI, the other reads REALITY TV.  Both apparently killed by a knife made of apathy.~

"Hey, this is Roseanne at CSI Tahiti Village!  They're giving away a free autopsy with each visit if you call right now!"

-------------------------------

? I'm as serious as a red-eyed rcyborg.

EvB

At this moment - I don't feel so bad about paying for streamlink.

If I had to listen to George AND commercials I don't think I'd hold up.
I lead a sheltered life:)

Frys Girl

I came the closest I've ever come to cancelling today. But honestly, there's so little entertainment on the radio these days, considering what the FCC has done. Better laugh and mock Snoory during my drives and vacccumming than listen to Pink Floyd on repeat (like i have all these years....) Every the comic relief is good.

Usually when I laugh at something Snoory says, I laugh a while - last time i measured a minute of laughter. He's almost like Inspector Clouseau!!!!! Even the moustaches match.