• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

First day with out Gmail, Google, or Youtube. It's like a New beginning

Started by Foodlion, November 10, 2013, 05:33:11 PM

Foodlion

[attachimg=1]
I took a screen shot of it. 8 years with Youtube, and I finally closed my account. From now on I'm only going to be a guest viewer of YT videos.
After they forced everyone to either submit into their Google+ or suffer zero control of their Youtube channel, I simply opted out with a big Fuck you to them.
Now the painstaking task of finding a Youtube replacement that Is tolerable.

Sardondi

I loved my little interface, with the easy to use calendar. And they take it away all because they want to be able to track my every move and control my life.

DAMN YOU, GOOOOOOOOOOOGLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

area51drone

I'll watch youtube, I just won't comment anymore.   Totally lame move on Youtube's part.   Congratulations on the account deletion.  I wish I could delete all my online stuff and just live offline.  I bet we'd all be much happier people if the internet, tv and radio weren't around.

onan

I have to use google for work. not a big fan of the google... am a fan of a paycheck...

georgesucks

I really think Google is like the Borg from Star Trek. I do miss the time without google and the Internet. Yes the Internet made some things a little easier like this forum, online banking and a very few other things. There is times that I will go camping and or fishing to get away from all the Tech of our lives. Going cold turkey on tech for a few days does feels good.

BobGrau

I get annoyed when they mess with youtube every six months, but it's happened enough times that I've learned to live with it. There are all sorts of things about Google that bother me slightly, but they're so deeply embedded in the world now that it would be like trying to boycott chairs.

Also, if I'm good I might get soma!

Mastodonkey

I've completely rid google out of my life as much as possible.. I'm using a program called minitube to watch youtube videos as to avoid their shitty interface. Also just switched over to bing as my search engine. 

area51drone

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 08:43:00 AM
Also just switched over to bing as my search engine.

How do you find it to be for everyday use?  As much as I dislike everything Google has done in the past 10 years, I do think their search and mapping tools are better.   Although MS has them beat on the rotating bird's eye view.

Derpspiracy

I stopped using Google as much as possible a little over a year ago. Of course, there's some things that you can't get away from (I run a modified version of Android on my Kindle Fire, so there's that).

Unfortunately, I play a lot of Nintendo 3DS (because I'm a six-year-old boy, apparently), and uploading images from that device is tedious at best. The best way I've found to do it is just attach the pictures to an email and send it to myself. Out of all the free email services I've tried with the 3DS, Gmail works the best. This is the sole function of my Gmail account, aside from being forced to use it for Android.

tl;dr I hope the NSA likes billions of Animal Crossing: New Leaf pictures.

Foodlion

Quote from: area51drone on November 11, 2013, 11:24:51 AM
How do you find it to be for everyday use?  As much as I dislike everything Google has done in the past 10 years, I do think their search and mapping tools are better.   Although MS has them beat on the rotating bird's eye view.
I like Google Maps better, but MapQuest is still better than both I've found. As long as you don't try to get all fancy with it.
Bing search gets the job done with a lot less spam or shady sites. Bing has been doing a lot better since it's launch.
Now for this daily motion video service I'm now using. It's clearly at the early stages of development, but considering it's not incorporated, I love it.
I just wish I could get their links to work on here like they do for youtube.

jayatracy

Mapquest is still around? Wow. lol. google maps is great for bus routes, just saying
j