• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Is testing STREAM on his DM site

Started by Skyehype, November 06, 2013, 09:15:30 PM

Skyehype

Found this linked to on another thread in the forum.
Thought it might deserve its own thread - As people may like to help out and test the stream for Art.
http://artbell.com/testing-a-potential-live-streaming-solution/

mikuthing01

It's working well for me i hope Art comes back soon.

radioflyer

The live stream is sounding great. Art said he is going to make it happen!

Skyehype

Yep,
Worked great for me also.
Make sure to post a comment on his site - Below the streaming links for testing.
I'm sure he'd appreciate the feedback:>)

Skyehype

Appears the "wormhole' is open - as just sent a note.
Wow Art is working fast.  Looking forward to hearing his show soon!

Zack

The stream works for me. :D

Just as long as Art stays on satellite so I can continue to listen in my car. Maybe there are issues with the Sirius streaming for some people.  Also, Not all SiriusXM stations allow the 5 Hour time shift option.  Some of their talk stations only allow you to listen to the live feed of the station.  Maybe they could remove that timeshift feature for his show (or move him to another station in the future) if he is concerned about people listening to a delayed stream.  I think some syndicated shows carried on SiriusXM stations also stream on other sites as well.  So, it is possible they could work out a deal to resolve some of these issues.

steelbot

yes, and working on all my PC and iOS devices...IF this is the ultimate sound quality - I'll be still getting my stream from xm...

Bonanza Pilot

Loud and clear! ATC stream sounds better than the radios in my Beechcraft.  :D

Mastodonkey

stream sounds good, glad they're working on things so quickly.

JamesMcDonald

Excellent.  Mr. Bell, you are quite simply THE MAN.   :)

Catsmile

Quote from: steelbot on November 06, 2013, 10:50:39 PM
yes, and working on all my PC and iOS devices...IF this is the ultimate sound quality - I'll be still getting my stream from xm...
Yeah, Art should quit now over the sound quality of the stream.
:P

timpate

Sounds good to me. I think he should have done this years ago.

WOTR

I have been listening to a police scanner for awhile now.  Anything is better and more interesting than Dave.  I will tune in again on Friday for the "open lines" action. ;D

PDXBellfan

So are all of the people who freaked out starting to come down off the ledge now? Or did they already jump?

Skyehype

Not to sidetrack from testing the streaming, and thrilled that it's happening.
Just could not let that pass without comment.

PDXBellfan Today at 12:51:37 AM »
So are all of the people who freaked out starting to come down off the ledge now? Or did they already jump?

I bet Art hopes a lot of them jumped. Having newly joined what I thought was a forum that supported Art - I'm begining to wondering how I ended up here  ..
God knows - He sure must be wondering WTF just happened here in the last few days. Fickle fickle fickle.. bunch indeed.

MV/Liberace!

this is a public forum on the internet comprised of hundreds of people with independent thoughts and ideas. almost none of the reaction has surprised me.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on November 07, 2013, 01:14:21 AM
this is a public forum on the internet comprised of hundreds of people with independent thoughts and ideas. almost none of the reaction has surprised me.

Especially Art's. His posts have been funny and witty and informative.

I think everyone has gone from mega freak outs to, wait and see again. Sort of feels like déjà vu.

I would like to test a large plate of nachos with a stream of cold beer.

Skyehype

MV - I get it -  huge forum.
But some of the stuff said - was pretty low. Beyond low.
I get people were upset and reactive - .. It's like we are addicts - take away our night time fix and every one went off the deep end.

Ok not everyone - Maybe there really were only a few? but some of the **!** was so very low - hard not to feel an impact. Ledge jumping or eat crow for some, I guess.
At that I will let it rest, and hope Art's streaming will work out.

Scruff

That's great - keep testing - so when Art gets bored with streaming after a few days and "doesn't have the caller base" he will just up and quit.  Or maybe I'm wrong, it's not like he's done that before.

Murder101

Quote from: Skyehype on November 06, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
Found this linked to on another thread in the forum.
Thought it might deserve its own thread - As people may like to help out and test the stream for Art.
http://artbell.com/testing-a-potential-live-streaming-solution/
Out of sheer curiosity I just have a question concerning how you've phrased the title of this thread.  How old are you and how long have you been on the internet?

phrodo

Quote from: MV on November 07, 2013, 01:14:21 AM

Just wondering why you let some of it go on in the extent that it did and does? There were several that made vicious, sadistic comments about Art and other forum members and continue to do so in CLEAR violation of your posted TOS. Are they friends of yours or something? Just wondering -- noticed one offender in particular was buddying up to you in the thread beneath the TOS. If the TOS doesn't mean anything why is it posted??  ???

Back on topic - this Chicago COPS stream test has been quite entertaining at times.  ;D
I think my favorite was the "there's a drunk female on the ground outside of the cab - and she's refusing to pay..."  :o

b_dubb

Quote from: phrodo on November 07, 2013, 02:10:15 AM
Just wondering why you let some of it go on in the extent that it did and does? There were several that made vicious, sadistic comments about Art and other forum members and continue to do so in CLEAR violation of your posted TOS. Are they friends of yours or something? Just wondering -- noticed one offender in particular was buddying up to you in the thread beneath the TOS. If the TOS doesn't mean anything why is it posted??  ???

Back on topic - this Chicago COPS stream test has been quite entertaining at times.  ;D
I think my favorite was the "there's a drunk female on the ground outside of the cab - and she's refusing to pay..."  :o
Get over it. Sadistic? Fuck no. Vicious? Of course.

steelbot

Quote from: Catsmile on November 07, 2013, 12:06:14 AM
Yeah, Art should quit now over the sound quality of the stream.
:P
:P LOL - don't start that nonsense - I haven't called for anyones heads yet on this whole debacle.  In fact I've had to be *poked* a few times by folks to even comment on the forums, as it is I am in no way going to judge the man.  I'm not him, nor walked in his shoes so to speak.  So he can do what ever he wants!
I was saying I'll continue to use SiriusXM's stream over the artbell.com (with it's fuckups) as long as the quality is better than Mono - 22khz - 32kbs stream. 

Sorry, some folks can tell a shitty audio signal when they hear it, without calling Art a mindless bafoon!  ;D ;D

Wintermute

My thought exactly. So an Internet-based stream... how exactly does that have the reach of a major radio content distributor? Other than eating it on  a data plan, how are people going to listen on the road?

It just seems like such a silly thing to do when Art's argument (one of them) was the listener reach was so bad. And Internet stream has less reach than either terrestrial radio, or satellite. Podcasting and streaming is for a focused audience. Michael Savage found that out the hard way and 6mo later he signed with Columbus Media (AM talk) again.

??? Seems like such a bad idea...

Quote from: Scruff on November 07, 2013, 01:47:09 AM
That's great - keep testing - so when Art gets bored with streaming after a few days and "doesn't have the caller base" he will just up and quit.  Or maybe I'm wrong, it's not like he's done that before.

Max_TO

So are we to pay for another subscription to cover the streaming cost ? Hope not given that I am paying XM for a year with no Art :(
Stream didn't work for me.. using my android phone .Is it still up ?

Art just go back to XM assuming they will still take you back as the Internet streaming may not be exactly what you expect

Morgus

Looks like the streaming test at artbell.com has now completely disappeared!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Morgus on November 07, 2013, 06:59:32 PM
Looks like the streaming test at artbell.com has now completely disappeared!

:o  I can't take it anymore.   ???