• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

do you think sirius xm would attempt to sue art bell

Started by tweet75, November 05, 2013, 11:06:11 PM

toastycoasty

Quote from: tweet75 on November 05, 2013, 11:06:11 PM
after he quit dark matter?

If they did, they would be within their rights for a breach of contract/non-performance. He made the choice.

SpooksKFC

I hate to say it, yes, and it's probably already in the works.  Probably 100x what his contract would have paid.
At least 6 or 7 figures.   Let's see we have breech of contract, loss of subscribers, stock devaluation, loss of advertising, promotional losses, staff expenses... and that's not even the lawyer's fees!!   :o

EarthAlien007

Quote from: SpooksKFC on November 06, 2013, 01:54:25 AM
I hate to say it, yes, and it's probably already in the works.  Probably 100x what his contract would have paid.
At least 6 or 7 figures.   Let's see we have breech of contract, loss of subscribers, stock devaluation, loss of advertising, promotional losses, staff expenses... and that's not even the lawyer's fees!!   :o
Lay off the crack. They were only paying Art $75,000 a year. He could give them $225,000 from his back pocket. Sirius would be fools to drag this out. The really funny part is, Art didn't close the door on them. They admitted there was a problem with the streaming and wanted Art to wait a year for them to fix it.

shell88

Quote from: DickyC on November 06, 2013, 12:53:03 AM
I hope they do, he is a worthless quitter douchebag.
That's a pretty hefty accusation for someone who has very little in the way of details.

SpooksKFC

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 02:06:11 AM
Lay off the crack. They were only paying Art $75,000 a year. He could give them $225,000 from his back pocket. Sirius would be fools to drag this out. The really funny part is, Art didn't close the door on them. They admitted there was a problem with the streaming and wanted Art to wait a year for them to fix it.

Ask a lawyer..  Imagine if a huge band like Metallica set out to do a huge tour and 3 days into it said, "ah we quit".
Promotion, bookings, salaries, equipment, ticket sales, etc....... millions down the drain.  Plus Sirius/XM's name is tarnished as well.

popple

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 06, 2013, 02:06:11 AMThey admitted there was a problem with the streaming and wanted Art to wait a year for them to fix it.

I know we don't know exactly what is going on to cause the errors, but fixing the problem would really take a year?

Falkie2013

Quote from: SpooksKFC on November 06, 2013, 01:54:25 AM

Could his call screener, producer and the like also sue Art for the loss of their jobs without notice ?

They'll probably eventually settle out of court, make Art shut up about it and meanwhile Sirius will probably work on the streaming problems.
Of course if they weren't using Western Union's old switching office, that would help.

( It's a joke. My 2nd oldest friend worked for WU for years and he says the cables and overseas cables are still buried in the walls, floors and basements of many of the former WU offices around the country and the world and are still connnected to something, including the overseas undersea cables. )

saxgod

I don't think he will be gone long. I think he will see the fans anger because many paid a year sub because it was cheaper to do that and now he left them without the thing they paid for. I think Art is doing this to force SiriusXM hand because EVERY big show on the platform has bitched about the online app and web streaming. Sirius ALWAYS tells O&A they are working on it and I swear they said a year ago they would fix the issues within a year and now they are telling Art in a year they will fix it LMAO. Basically SiriusXM needs to be complained to pronto because if enough bitch and have threats of subs dropping services then that effects the bottom line. I'm hoping enough have this week and at the end of the week they try and offer a compromise like maybe 6 months free streaming and an upgrade to the online presence at the end of the 6 months. I don't think Arts done with Sirius. I think Art is trying to force Sirius do what other big shows have bitched and bitched about over and over.

I joined Sirius a few years back for Opie and Anthony and the phone app blows at time for live streaming because sometimes it will just drop out and I will then just wait till later and listen to On Demand. Anyway I hope Art realizes unless he has Stern, O&A, and himself quit at the same time he doesn't have enough clout to make the execs fix crap with the online offering. It's not bad if you have a smartphone I must admit but I understand most listen online through their PCs at home. I hope Art comes back cause he's pissed so many people off and I wonder will C2C still punish those guests who were loyal to Art and if so then that's on Art as well because he's abandoned them AND the listeners.  I feel bad for those who paid a year just for Art. I pay 230 a year for Opie and Anthony and Art was a bonus. I hope he comes back but who knows. Something smells though. I think Arts coming back Monday. That's my dream. Maybe we can all dream and take over the lives of ourselves in that dimension where Art is still on the radio lmao. PLEASE Art come Back.

Max_TO

I was listening on my phone app and had no issues at all .

Could this problem not be resolved by XM making a pc and a mac app rather then a Web based login , as it seemed to do the trick on the smart phones

But , yes but , having said that maybe Art just doesn't want to do the show and was looking for an excuse to get out of his commitments.

Art must realize how bad he looks in all of this

CornyCrow

Well, only Sirius has the numbers.
I agree with all that there was not a large enough audience for Art's show on Sirius as it was. 
Art says/implies that there would have been, but a lot of his fans were checking out Sirius for free and did not subscribe because the signal kept failing. 
Is this true?  Would there have been THAT many new listeners if Sirius did not have such technical problems?  Sirius has these statistics and can determine if Art's claim is bogus, or if he just did not get that many new people on board (judging from the new signups and the free listeners together), and is just using this as an excuse to break his contract. 

Of course, Art will claim that Sirius did not provide the service that they said they would, so it was THEY who spoiled the deal. 

The point that I attempt to make is that, even if Sirius worked perfectly, Art still might not have been pleased with the size of the audience and quit.  Maybe the fact that he took so little by way of salary indicates quitting was a possibility in the back of his mind all along (making the financial loss not so great). 

Does anyone think that perhaps Sirius will now consider bringing a similar show to Art's on board?  I notice there is a thread asking for suggestions to replace Art. 

UrbanFool

I don't understand how ANY decisions could be made intelligently based on 6 weeks of data. That just boggles my mind.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DickyC on November 06, 2013, 12:53:03 AM
I hope they do, he is a worthless quitter douchebag.

you come off as more of a troll with every post.

UrbanFool

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 02:44:43 AM
(It's a joke. My 2nd oldest friend worked for WU for years and he says the cables and overseas cables are still buried in the walls, floors and basements of many of the former WU offices around the country and the world and are still connnected to something, including the overseas undersea cables. )
That's actually kind of cool information. They're probably hooked up to the NSA.

Animby

Sounds like there were lots of breeches of contract on both sides. I doubt it will go to court. And this is probably just another one of Bell's many disappearances. He'll be back soon, all lovey dovey with Sirius just to leave again in a a few months. And, really, what difference would it make? He's booking the same guests as Noory and sounding just as gullible and all accepting as C2C hosts. Bell's lost his edge.