• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Old Art Bell shows

Started by PathoJen, November 05, 2013, 07:16:31 PM

PathoJen

Which sites do you get all the old c2c shows from? I only have 1 resource, and it's "Tune In", and app on my iphone., but I want more b/c they tend to play the same shows over and over. I already miss Art...and if or when he pops up again, I will listen.

toastycoasty

Quote from: PathoJen on November 05, 2013, 07:16:31 PM
Which sites do you get all the old c2c shows from? I only have 1 resource, and it's "Tune In", and app on my iphone., but I want more b/c they tend to play the same shows over and over. I already miss Art...and if or when he pops up again, I will listen.

Let me know if you get any leads! I use TuneIn as well and now that there's only 1 stream, the content gets old. There are a lot of old shows on YouTube, but I find that playing videos on the site or app gets difficult, it's a bit flaky. I've downloaded an app called Jasmine, which is essentially just a YouTube player but you can turn your screen off and it still keeps playing.

But apart from that, I don't know many places to hear old shows. Torrents float around but the shows are mostly disorganised there.

Noble Eagle

Probably not meant to directly link you, but go to google and type 'the definitive art bell collection' and you will get a result from a well known torrent site. It's 21GB worth of Art shows. An updated version to fix labelling errors and add many more shows is being worked on http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5021.0

toastycoasty

Quote from: Noble Eagle on November 06, 2013, 01:39:15 AM
Probably not meant to directly link you, but go to google and type 'the definitive art bell collection' and you will get a result from a well known torrent site. It's 21GB worth of Art shows. An updated version to fix labelling errors and add many more shows is being worked on http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5021.0

Oh, that's great! I might let it simmer in the background and put them on the iPod

Found a new stream on Tune In called 'always art.' The quality is a bit muffled and scratchy but I think right now it's playing a Kaku show from 1997.

PathoJen

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 06, 2013, 05:07:53 AM
Oh, that's great! I might let it simmer in the background and put them on the iPod

Found a new stream on Tune In called 'always art.' The quality is a bit muffled and scratchy but I think right now it's playing a Kaku show from 1997.

Great! Thank you! There used to be about 4 channels on Tune In, but all but 1 was taken off for some reason. I will check for the 'always art' one.  :D

toastycoasty

Quote from: PathoJen on November 06, 2013, 11:20:21 AM
Great! Thank you! There used to be about 4 channels on Tune In, but all but 1 was taken off for some reason. I will check for the 'always art' one.  :D

Oops, it's actually called 'Art Bell Always.' You can find it if you Browse for 'art bell' in the app :)

CoherentBlast

There are huge torrents out on sites like The Pirate Bay... Im only posting this because it does not contain any new material.. This is 8gigs worth of classics.

Get yourself utorrent to download as well as 'peerblock' just in case premier chases seeders. All the anti p2p IP's get blocked..

http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/5837352/Art_Bell_Classics_Shows

Dont forget to seed!

CoherentBlast

Forgot to add this... Its a gif and shows all the files contained in that torrent.

toastycoasty

Quote from: CoherentBlast on November 06, 2013, 08:39:59 PM
Forgot to add this... Its a gif and shows all the files contained in that torrent.

The files seem to have a LOT of duplicates? Might be worth just waiting for the upcoming BellGab final AB torrent.

Or is each show made up of lots of files? idk

CoherentBlast

The last 2 frames have some overlap, I didnt cut the pic, and is just to give an idea.  Download the torrent file and view, you can also pick and choose which you want or not.  All the files are subfolders by date and topic.. In the gif there are 4 frames, half of the 4th frame is repeat then it loops to frame 1 again.. Im assuming these are the duplicates you are seeing.

toastycoasty

Quote from: CoherentBlast on November 06, 2013, 09:39:12 PM
The last 2 frames have some overlap, I didnt cut the pic, and is just to give an idea.  Download the torrent file and view, you can also pick and choose which you want or not.  All the files are subfolders by date and topic.. In the gif there are 4 frames, half of the 4th frame is repeat then it loops to frame 1 again.. Im assuming these are the duplicates you are seeing.

I'm not sure, I think I saw duplicates (or else, file pieces) in the torrent files folder itself. My computer isn't working now so I'll have a look later. Thanks for linking it here  8)

morphiaflow

The "final torrent" (look for the thread here under that name) which is currently being worked on by guys who have tremendous dedication and patience weeds out the duplicates, corrects dates and other show info, adds essential info, and merges multi-part shows into single files. The two very large "ultimate" torrents that are out there were the starting point...and now hundreds more new shows have been added, along with lots of other awesome content like the Hendrie parodies. They are hoping for a release by the end of the year which should also include all of Art's latter-day Coast appearances and, yes, all of the Dark Matter shows to date as well. Can't wait!!!