• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

solutions to the coast to coast, sirius/xm, and art bell problems.

Started by paperboy with the prius, November 05, 2013, 06:53:38 PM

ok i seen the real george on here with his king crown avatar.. sheesh.. and then spotted the real art, even though he doesnt really post. But sounds like he's on here now. lol. Also, maybe these ostriches with their head in the sand over at sirius/xm might be reading this too.

Lets talk about some solutions to all these problems going on with these 3 parties. First off.. a bit about me. Well been doing the newspaper since 07. I'm out there from midnite till 8-9am. I get out of my car 200 times a nite. ugh.. Before that, used to work night jobs and did tune in to coast in its heyday back then.

Here's what I'd like to see. First of all, sirius and xm.. enough already.. have the same stations on both systems. People are just confused and some cars have one and something else at home. Their whole business model needs tuning up. They're shutting out half the world with this north america only. Another thing they're losing out on, is this idea of you have to pay for a subscription to either the radio or to stream online, and thats it. You're really losing out by just not having it all for free everywhere and make your money with commercials. And you're getting the commercial thing wrong too. People just change the station when its 10min blocks of it. Who the hell is gonna sit thru that. What you neeed to do is change your model. What i'd do is just pepper in 1 commercial for 30 sec, here and there, just anywhere in the middle of the show.. they go, hang on a sec, we're gonna do 1 micro commercial. ok that way nobody's gonna tune out and your advertiser gets people hearing their stuff. Cause what you're doing now, aint workin out for ya. But you're not listening to the people who are going elsewhere.

People in their cars or at home with those units will still be paying for subscriptions. One thing i'd like to see is have each channel streaming live on youtube, like how they has last sunday with those youtube awards. Do that for each station. And now you'll have the friggen world tuning in. Make your money from the ads, not only subscriptions.

ok now the george and art thing. Here's what i'd like. A sirius/xm station thats called coast to coast, 24/7. At midnite-4am cdt, its king george's show that's also on the AM stations. Plus online anywhere for free, like youtube. You'd have the world tuning in, king george. Betcha he'd like that. heh.. And during the am commercial breaks.. i dunno.. the whole model's gotta get changed there too cause who the hell listens to AM anymore. They'd need to do what i'm talking about with the micro commercials peppered in. The news top and half of the hour they do here.. hmm.. i dunno.. but you get what i mean.

For art, he can do 8pm till midnite on this sirius/xm station. He needs to put his grudges aside though.. he gets 'em pretty bad.. haha.. just forgive art.. no matter how bad things were, ok. just mellow out.. if somebody's a jerk, leave them be the jerk, dont you become one. ok so whatever with george and art and whoever else and whatever else.. come on ya guys.

And then the rest of the day, its archive stuff or who knows.. maybe other people can have their own show. A whole coast to coast station, like how opie and anthony got theirs.. yeah.. and not muddy sound quality ok jeez ya guys.. heh.. awful their talk radio sound quality on xm.  Sirius better wake up cause pretty soon people 'll be able to just use their phones to tune into internet high quality, anywhere and their numbers are gonna dwindle like newspapers.. so ya better get with the program and evolve, guys.

One other thing i thought i'd mention was that'd be opening doors for them all with this coast subject matter of having it on during the day. You ask your average larval out there about coast and they dont know about it. George would like to get more famous, well here ya go mr LA. I think ya got something that all parties would like.. well art would have to calm down with hating people in the past.. but you know.. lets get 'er goin here ya guys.

ok we'll start with that.

Sent a paste of this post in 3 emails. One to george at coast, the couple guys over at art's site.. said they should mention it to art. And over at sales in sirius. Mentioned they should pass it on to important people there who make decisions. They're holding back the rest of the world's market to try and save a few subscriptions.. they just don't get it.

phrodo

As I see it the solution to the whole Art/SXM deal is let Art stream live on his site to listeners who are subscribers to SXM and that enter their SXM username/pw = WIN WIN.

Art gets his way and SXM gets theirs .... seems sooooo very simple.

tweet75

art could stream the show live from the artbell.com site and he could buy have a company set up an on demand app and access to the show for a small fee maybe $5 a month to cover bandwidth costs.

saxgod

This is retarded. We pay because we get no commercial music stations and other offerings. I'm guessing you haven't figured out how to use a Smart phone. You pay for the online service and download the app and your set. And when you get out of thee car to deliver the papers, my ex wife did deliveries, you can have headphones with your phone in your pocket still listening or better listen a day behind. No offense for language but screw Noory down with C2C. The threat to guests was WAY over the line and anyone who doesn't think so need to just get off this board because that was a low blow. Art could have put the show on directly competing with C2C but HE DIDNT. So what does C2C do they threaten guests. That there should make everyone on this board be disgusted with C2C for good and just stop listening. Is rather watch Dish Radio then listen to Noory ever again. He's a fake radio host who does it for the cash and not for the knowledge as Art does. You ever hear Noory say I'm really interested in the occult cause my wife Is a Wiccan. NO it's always about the book or how you can find the stuff the guest are selling.  Noory doesn't care about listeners he's a salesman. He cares about selling product for his guests. Don't believe me try and call in with a counterpoint to the author and watch you get cut off and hung up on. They don't want conflict. That want to move product for the guest. DOWN WITH C2C!!!!

By the way, I know you'll love a smart phone with the streaming cause I'm listening on my iPhone listening to Tuesdays broadcast of Ron and Fez while typing to you on this Board all at the same time. That's why the streaming service is so cool. Just make sure you have Sprint or T-Mobile so you can have unlimited data unless you still have your grandfathered plan with unlimited data from ATT or Verizon. If you can't do that the. Listen a day behind and download the broadcast through on demand before you leave via your wifi connection and the. After that you won't use your data stream AND the are you listening thing won't effect you. Yes I'm a younger fellow but smart phones rock. I barely use my home laptop or PC unless I'm editing video I take from holiday things like Halloween I recorded on my phone for my kids. Anyway the problem you guys kept having was NOT understanding how to use the service. You have to ask and people will help especially on this board. Anyway that's the issue with the tech but I think ultimately people didn't want to pay. If you love something you pay for it you don't send a douche email complaining to Art how it was the techs fault why you left and not the fact you can't afford the service. That's the deal. It's all about cash. People don't want to say I can't afford this. I'm sorry. Just like cable you find a way to afford it if you really love it and use it. SiriusXM is like my DirecTV. I see the bill gulp and pay lol. Luckily I gulp once a year on my satellite bill but some instead did the monthly but you pay less if you pre-pay. Anyway it's actually a great service I just wish he gave it time. Listen to the first hour of Opie and Anthony's show from Tuesday and they will talk about how Art gave up too early. Satellite is different. People have to pay so you're gonna have listener issues because they will stomp their foot complaining about paying for something that was free. It's old man syndrome when you go in my day this was free lol. Anyway I hope he comes back. 

saxgod

Quote from: tweet75 on November 05, 2013, 10:41:00 PM
art could stream the show live from the artbell.com site and he could buy have a company set up an on demand app and access to the show for a small fee maybe $5 a month to cover bandwidth costs.

He can't until his non compete lapses.