• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Graham Hancock

Started by Hernerwerzog, November 05, 2013, 08:35:25 AM

Juan Cena

Quote from: henge0stone on August 28, 2014, 05:03:28 PM
I agree I love hearing him on the show. All the ancient civilization topics are  my favorite.

They've gotten stale recently. They all seem to be rehashing the Zecharia Sitchin stuff with no actual new "research."

henge0stone

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 01, 2014, 08:56:44 PM
Oh it's racism. alright.

The whole "Ancient Aliens" meme is loaded with racism, because it denies the possibility that non-white, non-European civilizations could have built their great architectural triumphs without some kind of help from space aliens.

First of all Graham Hancock doesn't even mention Aliens, he talks about a lost civilization that built ancient structures like the pyramids in Egypt and central America. This advanced civilization was multicultural and had at least some e Africans hence the Olmecs

Second Ancient Aliens theory is NOT racist. Stonehenge and other ancient sites in Europe are also theorized to have been built by aliens so the theory is not "only non Europeans needed alien help."

Juan Cena

Stonehenge is the exception that proves the rule.

It also is a bit of an outliner, as it and the ancient inhabitants of the British Isles were seen as being seperate from the "Classical" Greek and Roman civilizations, which have traditionally been ignored by the Ancient Alien spanks.

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 23, 2014, 02:47:42 AM

It also is a bit of an outliner, as it and the ancient inhabitants of the British Isles were seen as being seperate from the "Classical" Greek and Roman civilizations, which have traditionally been ignored by the Ancient Alien spanks.

There are literally hundreds of henges and other megaliths across Europe, down into Spain and as far east as Russia.  The engineering involved in constructing the sites and moving the stones for much of it is a real mystery - whatever the technology they had to do so has been lost.

Dang, thanks for posting that. 

henge0stone

Quote from: Juan Cena on October 23, 2014, 02:47:42 AM

They have been ignored because there is a lot of documentation from that era about who built things like the Colosseum and the aqueducts. The great wall of china is an ancient marvel built by non Europeans but since it is well documented it (like the Roman structures) is not included in the theory. The theory is not about who built these things but when and if mankind had the technology at that time. Since there aren't as many very ancient buildings in Europe (and the ones that are, like Stonehenge, are included in the theory) there just happens to be not that much discussion of Europe in ancient alien theory

On a side note I heard someone on Noory actually try and say that the Roman structures must have been built by aliens. I laughed out loud because there is way too much documentation in that era to try and suggest such a thing.

Juan Cena

Quote from: henge0stone on October 26, 2014, 04:00:49 PM
They have been ignored because there is a lot of documentation from that era about who built things like the Colosseum and the aqueducts. The great wall of china is an ancient marvel built by non Europeans but since it is well documented it (like the Roman structures) is not included in the theory. The theory is not about who built these things but when and if mankind had the technology at that time. Since there aren't as many very ancient buildings in Europe (and the ones that are, like Stonehenge, are included in the theory) there just happens to be not that much discussion of Europe in ancient alien theory

On a side note I heard someone on Noory actually try and say that the Roman structures must have been built by aliens. I laughed out loud because there is way too much documentation in that era to try and suggest such a thing.

The "AA" theorists also tend to looks for facts to back their theories, as opposed to basing their theories on the facts.

you mean like how Hancock and his buddy Bauval based two books on how the Giza pyramids are aligned the same as Orions belt but then had to back-pedal when someone actually fact checked the claim(gasp!) and realized you have to flip the Giza plan upside down for it to work
http://www.antiquityofman.com/Krupp_pyramid_marketing_schemes.html

Falkie2013

Hancock is holding an Armenia tour in August, 3-14.

More more details go to :

http://www.timeofannewera.com

917-719-1974.

contact@timeofannewera.com

Pictures of the ad for the trip are shown in the link below.

http://themeowisoutthere.blogspot.com/2015/03/armenia-tour-with-graham-hancock-8-3-to.html?view=flipcard

rzr1911

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 29, 2014, 11:49:18 AM
Hancock and his buddy Bauval
Both, Hancock and Bauval are simply feelgood new-age writers.
They just pick a target audience and then manufacture a bunch of total BS - whatever they believe the audience wants to read.
I guess Hancock switched to writing fiction and drug-induced revelations because nobody can debunk that.

henge0stone

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 15, 2015, 11:02:50 AM
Both, Hancock and Bauval are simply feelgood new-age writers.
They just pick a target audience and then manufacture a bunch of total BS - whatever they believe the audience wants to read.
I guess Hancock switched to writing fiction and drug-induced revelations because nobody can debunk that.

Just wondering, what do you think about Zachria Sitchen? Hancock is Zahi compared to him.

rzr1911

Quote from: henge0stone on March 15, 2015, 02:49:13 PM
Just wondering, what do you think about Zachria Sitchen? Hancock is Zahi compared to him.
Sitchin doesn't even need to be debunked. The guy already debunks himself with his extremely silly faery-tales. 3600 year orbit? Aliens use their planet as a spaceship to visit us? They need us as slaveworkers to dig for gold, but their planet is already gone again? If they had an urgent need for gold, I'm not sure the fastest method is to create and breed humans and give them pickaxes.

yet every huckster cites him as an expert. Discredit him and the whole Ancient Alien Jenga pile comes crashing down.

henge0stone

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 15, 2015, 05:27:47 PM
Sitchin doesn't even need to be debunked. The guy already debunks himself with his extremely silly faery-tales. 3600 year orbit? Aliens use their planet as a spaceship to visit us? They need us as slaveworkers to dig for gold, but their planet is already gone again? If they had an urgent need for gold, I'm not sure the fastest method is to create and breed humans and give them pickaxes.

I disagree, he DOES need to be debunked. People go around quoting Sitchin like he is some kind of wonderful scholar when he never even studied languages. I think Hancock and other people who believe their was an ancient civilization farther back than previous historians believed should separate themselves from the Sitchen nuts. At least Hancock in his books admits he could be wrong, whereas Sitchen walks around like jesus having people worship his bogus theories.

Michael Heiser's exposed Sitchin as a fraud but he doesn't have the massive publicity/promotion machine that Sitchin has ie every show on H2

Centurion40

Quote from: WildCard on November 14, 2013, 06:36:34 PM

JRE #417 - Graham Hancock

In episode #551 Joe smokes a joint with Graham.  8)  They even look high in the promo photo.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 15, 2015, 10:51:52 AM
Hancock is holding an Armenia tour in August, 3-14.

More more details go to :

http://www.timeofannewera.com

917-719-1974.

contact@timeofannewera.com

Pictures of the ad for the trip are shown in the link below.

http://themeowisoutthere.blogspot.com/2015/03/armenia-tour-with-graham-hancock-8-3-to.html?view=flipcard

Hasn't Armenia suffered enough?

Juan Cena

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 15, 2015, 05:27:47 PM

The Anunaki apparently never heard of robots.

Jackstar

Quote from: Juan Cena on June 05, 2015, 02:35:01 AM
The Anunaki apparently never heard of robots.

Does Artificial Intelligence Pose a Threat?
A panel of experts discusses the prospect of machines capable of autonomous reasoning

QuoteThe prospect has unleashed a wave of anxiety. “I think the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race,” astrophysicist Stephen Hawking told the BBC. Tesla founder Elon Musk called AI “our biggest existential threat.” Former Microsoft Chief Executive Bill Gates has voiced his agreement.

In the unlikely event that extraterrestrial beings actually need physical gold (hint: it's a metaphor), it may seem reasonable that creating an army of robots to mine for gold would be worth the trouble. However, two points:

A) Where would they first get the army, that would build the army?

B) Humans are organic robots.

Further, let us imagine that an "aetheric realm" actually exists, and these Annunaki existed there, but could only interact with our reality through the manipulation of sentient beings perception. Wouldn't that make reprogramming the native animals a more attractive proposition than crafting machines?

Just something to consider, there's a lot of hypothesizing going on here. Like you, I also don't really know what I'm talking about.

Jackstar

Oops, I forgot an apostrophe. Sorry.

henge0stone

Quote from: Jackstar on June 05, 2015, 02:48:13 AM
A panel of experts discusses the prospect of machines capable of autonomous reasoning

In the unlikely event that extraterrestrial beings actually need physical gold (hint: it's a metaphor), it may seem reasonable that creating an army of robots to mine for gold would be worth the trouble. However, two points:

Further, let us imagine that an "aetheric realm" actually exists, and these Annunaki existed there, but could only interact with our reality through the manipulation of sentient beings perception. Wouldn't that make reprogramming the native animals a more attractive proposition than crafting machines?

Just something to consider, there's a lot of hypothesizing going on here. Like you, I also don't really know what I'm talking about.

My whole issue with the humans made to mine gold theory is that mining is such an incredibly hard job for humans. Were these aliens with super technology really making humans use pick axes and conventional mining tools? If so than why aren't humans stronger? A human can only mine for so long, if your going to genetically make an animal to mine gold why make them weaker than the apes they are based off of? If they had mining machines for the humans to use, than why didn't they just use the machines themselves? Also why not make humans able to sense gold, smell it or see in the dark. All these attributes would come in handy for a miner.

If we were created for the sole purpose of mining gold, the Annunaki certainly did a crappy job.

Anyway Sitchen has been completely debunked anyway, his tablets said nothing about humans made to mine gold and his translations were just stuff he made up. He has no credentials that would allow him to translate Sumerian writing, only now with the entire Sumerian tablets online can people fully realize what a fraud this guy is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aWpi5N2wGM

http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/

My issue (one of my issues), apart from the sheer utility of purpose build-robots and automated extraction facilities as opposed to us generalist humans, is that some asteroids should be richer sources of gold than the crust of the Earth.  Heavy metals became differentiated in the proto-Earth and sunk towards the core unless they could bind with lighter materials which floated to the top.  It would potentially be easier for an advanced civilization to mine asteroids or dwarf planets because they wouldn't need to overcome any significant gravity to pull the gold out to their waiting ships.  Also, any solar system which can support advanced life should also be similarly as rich as we are in heavy metals, so why come here? 

Then again, you could argue that underground rivers concentrate the little gold there is into quartz deposits so perhaps it's easier to mine that than an asteroid.  If you believe in anti-gravity then I suppose that would negate my gravity well argument.  You could also say a genetically engineered biological army requires less oversight and maintenance than machines.  Actually, it's pretty easy to support any argument you want when you can just make up physics and technology we don't understand.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Jackstar on June 05, 2015, 02:48:13 AM

Humans may be organic "machines," but as organic "robots" they have can be found to be lacking in many areas.

http://artbell.com/zahi-hawass-storms-out-of-debate-with-graham-hancock-before-it-begins/ I was shocked to learn that Hawass hadn't been chucked into a cell. Hancock looked afraid of him though. Guess we will hear about this soon!

ziznak

I thought Hawass WAS in jail?

Quote from: ziznak on June 08, 2015, 11:26:34 AM
I thought Hawass WAS in jail?

From what I read, they sentenced him and he slimed his way out of his year in the clink.