• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

so who] has had the "Drop out" issue on xmsirius app that art spoke about

Started by tweet75, November 04, 2013, 11:40:43 PM

tweet75

I use there internet app all the time never had a problem with it...i wonder how widespread this is

EarthAlien007

It was really bad. Producer Paul was here getting reports from people so they could try to fix it. I got dropped a lot on the online stream.

I had a couple issues with the android app.

1. When I would pause the stream, listen, and then try to fast forward, it would fast forward too far through segments.

2. Sometimes the app would freeze up and not play

Never had a problem. Use iOS app, android app, tabletop internet radio, and a satellite radio.

Heather Wade

Listen online through the computer.  Sometimes there's a 1001 error, with a few clicks the show would be back on.  Sometimes once or three during a show.  A pain, maybe.  Worth Art going off the air?  Fuck no. 

Just figured that's how it goes on the internets with a live stream of anything.

KnyeGuy

I've had the Sirius internet stream drop out on me a few times when I was listening to the show live, and a few times while listening on demand. In addition to this, it actually still gives me the " Are you still listening" prompt every hour and a half (I thought Art got them to extend it to four hours?).

At any rate, I paid for a full year up front so I hope Art isn't quitting yet... fml

Job

Quote from: KnyeGuy on November 05, 2013, 12:07:23 AM
I've had the Sirius internet stream drop out on me a few times when I was listening to the show live, and a few times while listening on demand. In addition to this, it actually still gives me the " Are you still listening" prompt every hour and a half (I thought Art got them to extend it to four hours?).

At any rate, I paid for a full year up front so I hope Art isn't quitting yet... fml
People have posted that Sirius is giving pro-rated refunds upon cancellation.  Hope this is true.

tweet75

i remember listening to art on AM radio same kind of issues....drop outs.......Art didnt walk away than

jazmunda

I had one 1001 error. I restarted the app and was back up and running. No big deal.

Juan

I had a lot of dropouts on my computer the first month or so - not so many the last couple of weeks.  But it was annoying, so much so that when Art would pause for a second, I'd think the stream had stopped again.

23Skidoo

Listened via PC. Usually the quality was okay, but there were a few dropouts during the show. I'd say it happened at least once a night. A couple of times it'd start to sound like it was under water, then it'd skip back to an earlier part of the show and I'd have to logout and log back in to get it straight.

Mhayhurst

Listened to the show nightly on the iPhone app and only had one issue on Oct. 23rd, but a simply close and relaunch of the app fixed my issue.

saxgod

Quote from: tweet75 on November 04, 2013, 11:40:43 PM
I use there internet app all the time never had a problem with it...i wonder how widespread this is

I'm gonna guess two things the people complaining were one bitching about the cost and used that as an excuse to not continue OR they have old man syndrome and don't know how to use the web app or don't have a smart phone and realize that app is WAY cooler cause you can walk around and listen through your smart phone. I've never had a problem. I have more issues with Opie and Anthony cause they have a bandwidth issue for them cause A LOT of people listen to them that way. Howard isn't the big show anymore at Sirius. He likes to think he is but he's not. But I've never had a drop issue with Arts show meaning the bandwidth was never taxed.

SpooksKFC

Worked fine all the time.  Opera browser with hardwire 20mb net.

The only people who would have problems either have shitty internet or shoddy wireless, buy a friggin radio then.

Not I, on any device.

The app is a bit annoying and clunky, but no big deal.  I have decided to keep my online subscription for all the soccer they have.

onan

I had several drops. The player they use to stream sucks dog dicks.

I subscribed to SXM for Art. I could give a rats ass about their other programming.

Foodlion

Quote from: SpooksKFC on November 06, 2013, 06:26:01 AM
Worked fine all the time.  Opera browser with hardwire 20mb net.

The only people who would have problems either have shitty internet or shoddy wireless, buy a friggin radio then.
LOL @ Avatar

Wintermute

I've had the 10001 error that has been talked about. But you know what? That error happens when there isn't enough network bandwidth available, which is 100% the fault of the user / me. My WiFi was weak at the time. Also had it occur  when my 4G coverage was spotty.

Wintermute

Listening on a PC... ZERO problems. In fact that I use a 5yr old nettop to stream that type of content for the low-power community FM station I run. It's a $80 computer I picked up that is 2lb. It's old, but SiriusXM web stream worked perfect.

shell88

Mine dropped several times on several occasions.  It's not due to my setup because all the other radio stations work and don't have these error issues. The show would stop too due to inactivity just 15 minutes into the show. That was later resolved to about an hour, but still it's an annoyance when you want to fall asleep when your listening.  Many times, during a live and on demand show, a message would pop up and say this program is unavailable at this time.  Really? It was becoming such a pita I was going to buy a radio.  I still will buy a radio if Art comes back. It's not a user friendly interface at all and in my opinion is archaic and needs some work.  I'll put up with it to listen to Art though.

shell88

Quote from: DickyC on November 06, 2013, 10:27:03 AM
It worked perfectly. Bell is a quitter. Probably had a hand in Ramona's death as well. He is a piece of shit.
You sir, are an idiot.  Go back to C2C where you belong. 

Marc.Knight

It worked perfectly. Bell is a quitter. Probably had a hand in Ramona's death as well. He is a piece of shit.

This is beyond dumb. 

HorrorRetro

I had several drops, but restarting took a few seconds and was a matter of restarting the app.  It wasn't a big deal or worth complaining about.  It was a hell of a lot better than the old nighttime AM radio fadeout I'd get while listening to C2C back in the '90s.  I kept listening then and was prepared to keep listening now.

Cynnie

You are a fucking moron

Usagi

When NOT listening to Art (on a PC at work), I got the 1001 error semi-regularly, occasionally 1 to 3 times in an 8 hour span.  It took about 5 seconds to get back on, though, and so was hardly a major inconvenience.  Certainly getting back on did not take any more time than futzing with a dial to get a fading AM station to come back in.  Again, this was for SXM music stations, not for Art.  This was also on stable internet at an office.

I listened to Art on the Android app on my home wifi.  Never a problem.  Not once.

To borrow a phrase from MV, I don't think it's a unicorn as I've experienced it myself, but I do think it's perhaps the silliest justification ever to ragequit.

UrbanFool

I had no problems on my iPhone. I mostly listened on-demand, but also live (also on my iPhone.)

SaucyRossy

Up until last week everything was fine then all of last week I had drop out issues on an iPhone (tried wifi and 4g), an iPad, a Mac connected via Ethernet, and a windows PC. Nothing was guaranteed to work.

My stream dropped five times during spooky matter.
I love and understand technology, imagine the baby boomers having the stream dropped? They'd say fuck it after a bit.