• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

AppealPlay

Unless something has changed, his NCC runs until July 2015.

klaatu

Had to pop in to post this, and keep the thread going...even if in odd directions:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2763283/Where-did-green-alien-eggs-come-Scientists-baffled-UFOs-Unidentified-Floating-Objects-washed-Sydney-beach.html

And, a neat quote within:

" I  squeezed it and it was so squishy. "

jazmunda - Can you enlighten us further ?

WOTR

Quote from: klaatu on September 21, 2014, 07:54:55 PM
Had to pop in to post this, and keep the thread going...even if in odd directions:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2763283/Where-did-green-alien-eggs-come-Scientists-baffled-UFOs-Unidentified-Floating-Objects-washed-Sydney-beach.html

And, a neat quote within:

" I  squeezed it and it was so squishy. "

jazmunda - Can you enlighten us further ?
I believe he may be a little preoccupied squeezing the squishy things to respond at the moment.

MV/Liberace!

It seems Art has remained largely silent since the Sirius thing fell apart, with the exception of a Facebook post here or there.  No reaching out to fans, no building or maintaining of interest in what's supposedly to come... almost nothing.  If that's indicative of his commitment to the whole thing, then I think he might not return in 2015.  If he does, it could be a very half hearted effort only for the purpose of saving face which will come to a rather abrupt end shortly after it starts.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on October 07, 2014, 04:40:46 PM
It seems Art has remained largely silent since the Sirius thing fell apart, with the exception of a Facebook post here or there.  No reaching out to fans, no building or maintaining of interest in what's supposedly to come... almost nothing.  If that's indicative of his commitment to the whole thing, then I think he might not return in 2015.  If he does, it could be a very half hearted effort only for the purpose of saving face which will come to a rather abrupt end shortly after it starts.

I've been saying this for months. One of Art's reasons for bailing was because he was losing his base due to streaming issues. If he is so concerned with his base then he should have been taking this 2 year opportunity to rebuild his base. The modern way of doing this and engaging with your fan base is by using social media. I don't buy the line that Art is old and doesn't get the new way of doing things as Art was always at the cutting edge of new media and tech. I think it comes down to a willingness and perhaps his heart just isn't into it. Without advertising (using social media) how many people will be aware that he is back in 2015?

b_dubb

Art may be prevented from doing just that by his NC

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on October 07, 2014, 05:38:41 PM
Art may be prevented from doing just that by his NC

I don't buy that for a second. I'm not advocating that he promote his upcoming show. I'm simply imploring him to engage his audience and remind them that he is still alive and relevant.

Too soon to get a pool going?

aldousburbank

Quote from: jazmunda on October 07, 2014, 05:53:56 PM
I don't buy that for a second. I'm not advocating that he promote his upcoming show. I'm simply imploring him to engage his audience and remind them that he is still alive and relevant.
Maybe the MrPoopsie dude, Art vs Troll episode interscared-straight The AB enough to go all gun shy on the postifying. You're his old buddy from way back when Dude had a Sirius/XM chimera baby for 6 whole weeks amigo. You should call him. Tell him to walk it off, take one for the team and things of this nature. Shit's all boring man. Even the politics thread dudes are spent. Help us out bro.
(Notice how I never brought up the little matter of your role in the destruction of Dark Matter? G'head, make the call.)

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 07, 2014, 06:25:04 PM
Maybe the MrPoopsie dude, Art vs Troll episode interscared-straight The AB enough to go all gun shy on the postifying. You're his old buddy from way back when Dude had a Sirius/XM chimera baby for 6 whole weeks amigo. You should call him. Tell him to walk it off, take one for the team and things of this nature. Shit's all boring man. Even the politics thread dudes are spent. Help us out bro.
(Notice how I never brought up the little matter of your role in the destruction of Dark Matter? G'head, make the call.)

Art's not returning my Skype calls.

The General

Art's been posting a lot more on facebook in the last week or so.  Maybe he heard you.

pate

Damn, that's too bad and interesting, speaking of fakebook

Ultimate Fakebook - Inside Me, Inside You music video

It is indeed time to update the av overthere...

&ther thang, I promised to post this like link so to speak as it were elsewhile, and although not quite what I recall of the event in question, I think it still evokes questionable answers:

Hawkwind - Spirit of the Age: Music Video

That all said, I have to agree that Art is indeed if not(withstanding [damn, here is the search string{s} I had to enter to remember Larry King's name: """creepy old cnn guy with a talk show something talk show guy old ass marries playboy bunnies or something""dammit late night talk show guy oldish new school"george something late night television host on cnn or something""" |apologies for total non-usage of punctuation conventions...but then I am an idjet|"""  Wow, that I had to go through George and the Ouija board to find that thought...

That all said, I have to agree that Art is indeed if not at retirement age.  hah, like minded individuals finish the joke themselves.  And anyhow free to enjoy whichever bunnie he happens to fall in love with, what I'd like is that after he dies (peacefully in his bed, we hope) that his bereaved widow has a radio show!  Wouldn't that be fun!

edit: this may need some editorial help...

b_dubb

hey did you guys hear art bell guit coast / dark matter / your face / everything

Heather Wade

Quote from: b_dubb on October 27, 2014, 05:13:07 PM
hey did you guys hear art bell guit coast / dark matter / your face / everything

WTF?!  No way!   :'(

mainmanX

One year ago.......Art's "all in" ultimatum/last show. 

cweb

We all deserve "one year" tokens with greys on one side and "DON'T BLAME JAZ" on the other.

Heather Wade

Quote from: cweb on October 31, 2014, 02:02:59 PM
We all deserve "one year" tokens with greys on one side and "DON'T BLAME JAZ" on the other.

Fixed it for ya.

jazmunda

Quote from: cweb on October 31, 2014, 02:02:59 PM

Muahahaha

pate

Can I put this in quotes:

"All future hosts 'hand-picked' by me"

Who would be terrified?

Oops, I put that in quotes...

eddie dean

One year ago today.
"Sometimes when you are "all in" you win, sometimes lose. By mutual agreement Dark Matter will no longer air as of tonight."
[attachimg=1]

Danger!UFO

One year ago today?

Oh Dark matter, we hardly knew ye!

:'(

Danger!UFO

Come on everyone! Jump on this thread and post for old times sake!

Danger!UFO

Art? Producer Paul?

Are you out there?

ItsOver

Where is Paul?  Hell, where is Art?  Sure is quiet on the Pahrump front.