• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Falkie2013

Quote from: PathoJen on November 25, 2013, 03:36:16 PM
I love Art Bell, but I must say I was kind of sad to see him get so mad at a Bell Gabber the other day. I just always pictured Art as too busy, too interesting, to care about the comments of a few critical people.

If someone attacks my gf or her family or my family, I'm gonna say something and defend them.

This guy just kept it up and kept it up.

And Art has put up with enough attacks on him, his son and his family over the years that I can't blame him for it at all and commend him for coming out and saying something publicly and making a fool look like the fool and total ass that he truly is.

SciFiAuthor

I think it's a good thing Art went after the troll, especially after the tasteless wife comment. It shows that Art's engaged with the affairs of this board and cares about what's being said. To me that indicates that Art is serious about the Dark Matter Network idea, and that he'll be back in time as he says he will, and the whole thing could be amazing.

klaatu

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 25, 2013, 03:21:24 PM
I can't have pizza rolls. Unless they have a gluten free variety

Fixed that.   Here you go!

Uncle Duke

Someone said DarkPenguin is no longer listed on the member list.  Wonder if he bailed or was given the boot?

MV--Care to comment?

PathoJen

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 25, 2013, 04:11:16 PM
If someone attacks my gf or her family or my family, I'm gonna say something and defend them.

This guy just kept it up and kept it up.

And Art has put up with enough attacks on him, his son and his family over the years that I can't blame him for it at all and commend him for coming out and saying something publicly and making a fool look like the fool and total ass that he truly is.

I only saw Art's comments, because I usually come into BG and look at Art's posts...just to see if any new developments have taken place. So, I really don't know what the other person said to warrant Art's comments. I assumed they were shitty, considering all the horrible posts I've seen lately, but still, I think art is better off ignoring those types of comments. I'd like art to comment on my constant "I love Art Bell" posts. That would be awesome. :D

PathoJen

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 25, 2013, 04:21:45 PM
Someone said DarkPenguin is no longer listed on the member list.  Wonder if he bailed or was given the boot?

MV--Care to comment?

I couldn't find him either! I wanted to see his posts that caused all the trouble with Mr. Bell.

Quote from: klaatu on November 25, 2013, 04:19:38 PM
Fixed that.   Here you go!

You forgot something.  "THIS STUFF GETS HOT!"

MV--Care to comment?

I'm guessing he's got a footprint on his buttocks.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 25, 2013, 04:19:14 PM
I think it's a good thing Art went after the troll, especially after the tasteless wife comment. It shows that Art's engaged with the affairs of this board and cares about what's being said. To me that indicates that Art is serious about the Dark Matter Network idea, and that he'll be back in time as he says he will, and the whole thing could be amazing.

It's really incredible to watch something like this form and grow from the ground up.

The troll stepped over the line when he brought up Art's wife. Everyone has a line in the sand, and that's where Art's drawn the line. Can't say I blame him, either. Families should be left out of it. There's been a lot of criticism on this thread over Art's decision to quit, a lot of it valid and very unsparing and some over the top. He's held it together pretty well throughout it all and attempted to apologize and offer his point of view without getting down in the mud with anyone. But if someone attacks his wife, that's a different matter. Then it's not business, it's personal and he's going to swing back. That's not very different from most people I know.

Morgus

MV--Care to comment?
must have been banned, since don't think there is a way you can delete your own account.

maureen

I am SO excited to see the new broadcasting talent being developed and given exposure here!! well done, everybody!! Do what you know is right and bugger the naysayers!! ;) ;D

Falkie2013

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 25, 2013, 11:44:19 AM
If that's you Falkie I'd think again before parodying anyone. Seriously. Glass houses and all that.

It isn't about what I look like, my body type or anything else. That shouldn't be a consideration and is frequently used as an ad hominem arguement on the net by people who have absolutely NOTHING constructive to say or because they never comment on the content of posts or videos, podcasts, blogs or what have you.

There are people who look worse than me on You Tube including a former poster who sits there with his chest bare and shows people how he puts his dirty laundry in a bag which is totally bizarre.

Noory puts out a broadcasting product. He should excel at it. He doesn't. And hasn't for years. He may have been great as the Nighthawk in St. Louis but he wasn't ready for prime time and probably never will be. The self promoting, the appearing everywhere and the karaoke and so much more makes HIM look foolish as does his nightly flub filled performances on the air.

I've seen the man talk in person and he doesn't seem to act that way in public. But there's something that happens when that on air light goes on that is mysterious in that he turns into a gibbering idiot no matter who comes on. The only one who doesn't seem to get that treatment from him is LMH, who doesn't get much of it because she talks so much and much of her stuff seems to be pre-recorded or she just talks so much that the $noore can't get a word in edgewise. But even she has Noory in mouth disease that she tells him how great he is as well.

You've done nothing but bitch about Art ever since he quit. Frankly I think your opinions aren't worth a bucket of warm spit. Most of us have gotten over our initial outrage and upset over Art's quitting DM. YOU haven't and keep going on and on about it at every opportunity.

I'm making light of Noory's history of flubs, verbal mistakes, outright idiocy, failure to properly interview people and more. His history of failing to improve as a broadcaster, and indeed even becoming worse at his craft shows that.

It stretches the bounds of incredulity to hear people call him and say he's doing such a great job when they obviously have no knowledge of Art broadcasting and no basis of comparison to make such stupid comments. If you're a bad broadcaster, you're a bad broadcaster. One may improve over time but Noory hasn't and shows NO indication that he will ever improve.

I could just do a list of every gaffe and flub he's ever made and do a video of that. But I'm also making light of some of his guests, like Alex Jones, who sees conspiracies everywhere.

It's NOT about criticizing the person making a parody when the point of that parody is to criticize the content or behavior of another person in the public eye.

Oh, I had some idiot say I look like an idiot in my videos and that my videos are akin to stalking Noory ! Some people don't get it that the whole purpose of parody is either to do something funny about a person or to make light of their foibles and mistakes.

Stalking hell ! Noory has a track record of being an idiot on the air. I'm just pointing it out to those who think he's such a BRILLIANT broadcaster, which he isn't.
The clueless adoring someone even more clueless, at least on the air.

I'm going to continue the things because they show to the great uniformed Noory listeners how truely bad he is. My negative comments on them have been few, usually some smarmy comment about MY weight or appearance and not about the videos.

IF Noory didn't exist, I might skewer Jones or someone else who appears on these shows like the Numbers lady or guests who gush all over Noory and tell him what a great job he's doing when there are podcasters out there who could do a better job than Noory ever could by simply not showing up for one podcast.

With no aspersion towards Art in that comment above meant or implied either.

I could just comment on each Noory show and do that but it would be almost impossible to do so because with each guest he seems almost compelled to say something that holds himself up to ridicule.

I KNOW my limitations, physical and otherwise. I'm going to make mistakes and I feel that to show a parody of Noory including the way he looks is acceptable.
The man looks creepy and if he didn't look strange to people people wouldn't be putting out pictures of him as Mr. Potatohead and the like, would they ?
Noory doesn't. And acts as if HE is the perfect broadcaster when he clearly isn't.

He also ACTS creepy towards female guests and with his continual " news " stories about maimed, dead and otherwise compromised or to be compromised children as well
almost on a nightly basis. It makes one wonder what is in his psyche where he seems obsessed to do stories about children or to do stories about news events that every other news outlet is covering like a mine cave in in Colorado which has nothing to do with the paranormal news that we got for years from Art.

And that's what many find so annoying about the guy.

Including me.

Of course, I could play it straight but it wouldn't be as much fun.

Some out there chose to focus on me instead of the joke that Noory has made out of a historic radio show.
Their problem, not mine.

Bugger the naysayers, indeed.

I like it !

aldousburbank

Quote from: nika01 on November 25, 2013, 02:51:17 PM

Complete waste of time. Stupid, and not very well done at all.

Falkie2013

Quote from: PathoJen on November 25, 2013, 04:24:12 PM
I only saw Art's comments, because I usually come into BG and look at Art's posts...just to see if any new developments have taken place. So, I really don't know what the other person said to warrant Art's comments. I assumed they were shitty, considering all the horrible posts I've seen lately, but still, I think art is better off ignoring those types of comments. I'd like art to comment on my constant "I love Art Bell" posts. That would be awesome. :D

Art KNOWS you love him. That's why he called us vaguely lovable and kept doing it on DM.

I'm certain he appreciates all the support and expressions of love and caring that his fans have given him over the years.

I know he reads posts here as well. He probably doesn't comment a lot on individual posts because right now he's busy with all the post DM stuff, including arranging for podcasting.

He's certainly not Noory who feels he HAS to post in here even when the shitstorm of criticism goes flying his way.

And then who whines about the haters when it happens.

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 25, 2013, 04:44:50 PM

You're gonna be the next Carl Sagan.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 25, 2013, 04:38:05 PM
It isn't about what I look like, my body type or anything else. That shouldn't be a consideration and is frequently used as an ad hominem arguement on the net by people who have absolutely NOTHING constructive to say or because they never comment on the content of posts or videos, podcasts, blogs or what have you.

Noory puts out a broadcasting product. He should excel at it. He doesn't. And hasn't for years. He may have been great as the Nighthawk in St. Louis but he wasn't ready for prime time and probably never will be. The self promoting, the appearing everywhere and the karaoke and so much more makes HIM look foolish as does his nightly flub filled performances on the air.

So you want people to ignore what you look like as you slap on some eyebrows and a mustache and try to look like Dave?

If what you look like is not important then why bother with the props?

Ok, fine... let us ignore the body type... the mess... the fans... the mirrored image.... the self promoting... the fact that you seem to enjoy thinking you are "monetizing" yourself... the broken glasses... what exactly are we left with?

All I can really come up with is some institutional level Dave Obsession.

nika01

Hey MV, can you institute a minimum age requirement. Like maybe have the grade school edition of BG? 

aldousburbank

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 25, 2013, 04:46:06 PM
You're gonna be the next Carl Sagan.
But I am already halfway to being the next Arlo Guthrie. Oh well, back to the group W bench.
  :-\

Falkie2013

Quote from: plumwalrus on November 25, 2013, 01:01:12 PM
  Falkie, thank you for your video entertainment while I avoid looking at the Countdown clock!

This made me laugh.  I understand that the samplers would have to say that.  CYA and all.   :)

I like your little laugh icon and thanks for the comments.

For what its worth, * I * did a Noory last night but nowhere nearly as bad. I hadn't eaten anything all day and got the things out of the microwave and popped one into my mouth. It was too damned hot and I didn't have it in there for long. I had to wait a couple of minutes for them to cool off. The thing about pizza rolls are that for me at least, they temporarily stop the craving for pizza, which is an addiction at times. Part of the thing with pizza is that its cheap and cooks quickly in the oven or microwave if its pizza bread but it is probably not a very good thing to eat in the long run. I've gone months without eating one and then suddenly I get this craving for one.

Pizza rolls really aren't that great. The filling is mostly too gooey but if you don't have pizza ...

Others are obsessed with pizza as well. But part of the other reason I eat the things is that I eat a lot of chicken, salad, chicken soup, sometimes spaghetti and get tired of it and they keep having them on sale.

Delivery pizza prices are outrageous too anymore. Approaching $ 30 for a large and no its not all for me. My gf usually eats 3 pieces of it and takes 1/2 of it home for later.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on November 25, 2013, 09:57:01 AM
Cool. But, if successful, at some point money will have to be discussed. I don't mean a paycheck, I'm talking about each program selling advertising during the broadcast and/or on the various host's websites. There is a good possibility that being on Art Bell's Internet radio network will drive huge numbers of eyeballs to each program's website. This is a good thing, so hosts should be considering affiliate links and paid ads on their sites. Look at Rense's network, or AJ, or Free Talk Live - good examples of monetizing independent Internet radio.
Remember, Art was told by SiriusXM to just get on the air and "have fun." And, we all know how that worked out...

I knew it... I knew it.... that evil Mr. Art Bell is hatching a new plan to screw us over again and laugh all the way to bank. I'm so fed up with Art's antics that I'm ripping his Dark Matter, Honk If You Listen to Art Bell bumper sticker off my Yugo.

PathoJen

For what it's worth, I LOVE Falkie's videos. I think they are really funny.

aldousburbank

Quote from: nika01 on November 25, 2013, 04:54:53 PM

Hey MV, can you institute a minimum age requirement. Like maybe have the grade school edition of BG?

Hey MV, can you institute a minimum funny requirement. Like maybe have the grade school edition of BS?

munbeam666

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 25, 2013, 04:28:25 PM
The troll stepped over the line when he brought up Art's wife. Everyone has a line in the sand, and that's where Art's drawn the line. Can't say I blame him, either. Families should be left out of it. There's been a lot of criticism on this thread over Art's decision to quit, a lot of it valid and very unsparing and some over the top. He's held it together pretty well throughout it all and attempted to apologize and offer his point of view without getting down in the mud with anyone. But if someone attacks his wife, that's a different matter. Then it's not business, it's personal and he's going to swing back. That's not very different from most people I know.
I think that Mr. PenguiN is a very disturbed soul

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 25, 2013, 05:03:03 PM
*damn Diet Pepsi*

Does Diet Pepsi sting more coming out the nose than regular?

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 25, 2013, 05:08:02 PM
I think that Mr. PenguiN is a very disturbed soul

A Dark and Disturbed Dipshit.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on November 25, 2013, 05:09:39 PM
Does Diet Pepsi sting more coming out the nose than regular?

Can't remember, been a long time since I drank a regular Pepsi.  Orange juice hurts like hell, though.  So does Wild Turkey.  Drink more Diet Pepsi than either of those these days.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Bart Ell on November 25, 2013, 04:52:52 PM
So you want people to ignore what you look like as you slap on some eyebrows and a mustache and try to look like Dave?

Ok, fine... let us ignore the body type... the mess... the fans... the mirrored image.... the self promoting... the fact that you seem to enjoy thinking you are "monetizing" yourself... the broken glasses... what exactly are we left with?

First of all I've been cleaning up the mess as you call it. I do not know what people see behind the camera much much of the stuff in my living room consists of books on bookcases and videos on or in crates. If it weren't for our car accident, my gf and her gf would have been over here by now and helped me finish cleaning. This is a very small apartment and I have a lot of stuff. I had even more when I had my apartment in Concord. I've always had a lot of books.

And its not an obsession with Noory. When I try to do other videos except for my holding cats, people aren't watching them much. I haven't figured out a personal style yet but will. And I've been busy with dealing with other issues as well.

They do watch the Noory and other Coast/DM related videos and enjoy them. I've only gotten about 5 negative comments on them and do moderate the comments and choose not to post those that attack me for my appearance or use foul language.
However, the vast majority of commenters either like my videos or like what I say or do in them or both.
As to my looking like Noory, no one could look like Noory unless they did a professional job of it and parodied him on stage. I am NOT a Hal Holbrook or a Gabe Kaplan who did go on stage as either Mark Twain or Groucho.
I'm making light of a public personage who continually self promotes himself and who is continually ridiculed both on this forum and elsewhere.

Or don't YOU and the other negative commenters READ all the thousands of George Noory Sucks comments that people leave on here and on other boards ?

If one just listed every gaffe, flub and weird behavior he's done on air in 10+ years of broadcasting, it would easily fill pages of a forum thread.

I also do them because a great many people on here and off including those who see my Facebook and Twitter pages ENJOY them.

No one forces anyone to watch them after they view one.

But I will not have anyone criticize me for doing them as far as my personal looks are concerned. That has NOTHING to do with the content of my videos.

I gained weight due to a series of 3 prolonged asthma/bronchitis related illnesses which made it impossible for me to go out and walk or exercise for years. I was bedridden or sick with coughing attacks for almost 5 years. I have struggled with trying to lose the weight ever since. My bad knee doesn't help either. Before I fractured it, I weighed 260 and was losing about 10 pounds a week due to all the walking and drinking water and eating salads and such that I did back then. At one time, I was thin. I and my Mother have pictures of me when I looked almost skeletal. Don't believe me, ask my gf, as she knew me back then as well. I regain weight when my sinuses flare up and the condition starts up again and I am allergic to something around here that aggravates the condition.

This week my broken glasses will be on the way to being replaced. I only wear them in the videos because I can't see what I am doing on the Mac and on the screen without them. IF my contacts had worked, I would be wearing those and the broken glasses wouldn't even be an issue. Lenscrafters is going to take my prescription on Tuesday and once they get it, when I get my new glasses, I  will wear them until my eye doctor can give me contacts that work.

But you and the others who bitch about my personal appearance would probably bitch if I was thin too.

I am also trying to figure out what to do in other videos not relating to Art, DM or Coast.
Once I get a podcast going ( and my partner is busy this week ) I will probably do less of them.
But there's always an opportunity to skewer and lambaste someone who's being fatuous on a nightly basis on air.
And I am going to take those opportunities to say so.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Bart Ell on November 25, 2013, 04:52:52 PM

I also find it incongruous that someone criticizes me for looking like Noory when his avatar PARODIES and makes light of Noory.

Pot calling the kettle black ?

And if you think I like being overweight or wearing glasses, you're nuts.
I hate wearing glasses.
And hate being overweight.
I'm only on the Mac right now because I have to call the police officer who took the report on our accident. Otherwise I'd be walking to go get my mail and go to the bus stop to go get some veggies and makings for salad.

Those pizza rolls I ate were only gotten because I'd been either on here all day and on Sundays the bus service here is terrible.  Only 1 bus line out of here every 2 hours and it only goes about 3 miles away and only runs every hour and a half and stops at 6 pm.
I slept in late today because its was freezing in here all night and I had to run the heater all night so I could sleep. Even multiple blankets don't help because the cold comes in through my front door and they've never fixed it though once they brought someone to weatherize this place under an Obama sponsored program but since the " weatherization " consisted of putting rubber around part of the front door held on by adhesive, it fell off the door after a couple of weeks.
The door has never fit properly either in all the time I've lived here as they installed the door jam wrong and they won't fix it. I think they cut the hole wrong when they did it or something.

aldousburbank

Faulkie,

Some of these people who are mean bastards are the ugly they see reflected by them toward you back to them because they don't love themselves like you love yourself because you are real and you present yourself as yourself and your posts can be longish but to my knowledge you don't use run on sentences.