• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

eddie dean

I am sad from the news today. I wish it could have been worked out in Arts favor.
I don't blame Art for not wanting to challenge the nc at this stage in his life. I don't believe the financial aspect played a huge role in the decision, although he did mentioned it. Legal battles are time consuming, frustrating and messy business. It is not surprising that Art wants to avoid a lawsuit considering his age and how much stress litigation can cause. Art has been down this road before, he does not need to add more stress to his life or his family.
To fight it out in court and still be bound by a NC if unsucessfull. Who needs that?

I hope Art returns to the air, via streaming from artbell.com in Sept 2015. I will be there, ready to take a ride with the master of the paranormal once again.

Untill then Art, I wish you happyness, good health, joy and love! All these things and more, are what you so richly deserve!

I hope all of the wonderful people here at bellgab have made a positive impression on you. I hope you will continue to visit us and post here, join in the conversation and mix it up.
You might even be interested in some of the paranormal topics here! ;)
You are considered one of us now! ;)
Sometimes a harsh critic,  yet vaguely lovable! ;D

ThruTarmac

Quote from: HaveAccess on November 21, 2013, 09:09:01 PM
What Is To Be Done? Burning Questions Of Our Movement

Perhaps we should look at this differently.....

What do we want too do?

Frankly, because Premcrap pedals the mediocre, they should be made irrelevant in the Marketplace.

By constructing an Alternative.

An Alternative.

Streaming is no doubt the answer. A component should be fee based.

Could we construct one "channel"  and bring together the best "paranormal" interviewers...under one umbrella...
Sell podcasts. License to struggling radio stations.

An Alternative now...
Compete against Premcrap now

The people here are talented, are perceptive.
It is entirely possible and within reach.

And then when Art is free he could come on board?

Planetary Media Corporation....

Good stuff.

I do think that such a channel HAS to have the ART BELL brand behind it. Art has to be the guiding force behind what's on the network. If we do it alone, well, I hate to be blunt...but who's going to notice?

But if the one and only Art Bell starts a network...then the world will come a knocking.

I could write copy.

Falkie2013

Quote from: HaveAccess on November 21, 2013, 08:43:36 PM
An attorney....pick you favorite number... 12 months to get into court?  The case...another six months? Lets pick more numbers...the fee $500,000?

To effectively shorten the NC duration by 6 months?

Anyone got better numbers?

8 in $noorge's wallet.

whatatrip

Is there any reason we should not call Sirius and ask if Sirius has released AB from his NC? I plan to call every day and reach a number of departments, one each day. One day I will call "customer support", then "technical support" the next day, then "billing", then the "sign up" department" and so on, rotating each day. If everyone did this, all Sirius telephone answerers will know who Art Bell is and what assholes Sirius is. While those answering the phone don't make much money, time tied up on the phone lines could be costly and/or at least a situation that makes the NC worth tearing up.

Shastalexy

I like Falkie... a lot.  He's a good guy... kind... everyone here didn't come in 2 or 3 or 4 years ago... 

I used to go into the AOL Chat room in the 90's... into the Grassy Knoll...  is anyone here, from there? 

tertiaryimam

I recently lucked upon this following quote on Geminis from a little-known work of Hippolytus:

"Those who are born in Gemini will be of the following description: red countenance, size not very large, evenly proportioned limbs, black eyes as if anointed with oil, cheeks turned down, and large mouth, contracted eyebrows; they conquer all things, they retain whatever possessions they acquire, they are extremely rich, penurious, niggardly of what is peculiarly their own, profuse in the pleasures of women, equitable, musical, liars. And the same by nature are learned, reflective, inquisitive, arriving at their own decisions, concupiscent, sparing of what belongs to themselves, liberal, quiet, prudent, crafty, they form many designs, calculators, accusers, importunate, not prosperous, they are beloved by the fair sex, merchants; as regards friendship, not to any considerable extent useful."

maren

Quote from: PathoJen on November 21, 2013, 09:07:37 PM
I'm really surprised Art doesn't have a business attorney. I mean, even before all of this, I would think a big name like Art Bell would have a lawyer.

Agree, and I think Art has always done it by himself.  He doesn't seem to get that corporations are in it for the money, period.  An example is his frustration w/Premiere for still running Somewhere in Time, despite his requests that they don't.  They own the rights, and if they can sell time to advertisers, they're going to keep airing them.  It's always the money.  Art comes from a different perspective.   

So, I'm thinking unless there's money in it for Sirius to come to some agreement, they have no incentive to grant him his release from the NC.  "Honorable" doesn't apply to most corporations.

urbie88

Quote from: ThruTarmac on November 21, 2013, 09:16:55 PM
Good stuff.

I do think that such a channel HAS to have the ART BELL brand behind it. Art has to be the guiding force behind what's on the network. If we do it alone, well, I hate to be blunt...but who's going to notice?

But if the one and only Art Bell starts a network...then the world will come a knocking.

I could write copy.

I agree with this. Actually if the world was perfect, it should have been done this way on Sirius. Dark Matter Radio as a station and not a show. Look at Stern as an example. He has two channels. One is dedicated to his show and the second with original programming. There are enough broadcasters to fill an air schedule for paranormal radio.

The question is; how do we do it?  I'm a PR guy with no experience in radio.

ThruTarmac

Art...at Comic Con...

Start a network...go to Comic Con...

Art's like the Stan Lee of late night radio.

Art IS the brand.

A network of great talk shows under the Art Bell brand.

It can't lose.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 21, 2013, 09:03:16 PM
Mr PP said that yes...he did...yep. Can we think of a reason he might say such a thing? Can we???

Because I asked Art, He laughed and said "Not a one".
That is why I said it....

whatatrip

Quote from: PathoJen on November 21, 2013, 08:53:55 PM
Thank you Art. See you in 2 years.  :-*

Two years "or sooner". Art said

" I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see you in less than two Years."

PathoJen

Quote from: urbie88 on November 21, 2013, 09:11:33 PM
I know. Even an agent on retainer or some kind of representation. The more I think about it he put as much thought into the radio contract as I put into accepting software terms of service.  :-\ seriously though, great broadcasters don't always make good businessmen.

Well people we waited this long. What's another 2 years?

I agree, what's another 2 years. It sucks for sure, but 2 years will go by so quickly.

onan

Quote from: PathoJen on November 21, 2013, 09:26:27 PM
I agree, what's another 2 years. It sucks for sure, but 2 years will go by so quickly.

I pretty much agree with this, on the other hand, that is about the only option on the table.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 21, 2013, 09:25:29 PM
Because I asked Art, He laughed and said "Not a one".
That is why I said it....

Really? No chunk of rock shot through the window? Not what I was told. Funny, that. Perhaps the FBI were mistaken. My bad.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: HaveAccess on November 21, 2013, 09:09:01 PM
What Is To Be Done? Burning Questions Of Our Movement

Perhaps we should look at this differently.....
What do we want too do?
Frankly, because Premcrap pedals the mediocre, they should be made irrelevant in the Marketplace.
By constructing an Alternative.
An Alternative.
Streaming is no doubt the answer. A component should be fee based.
Could we construct one "channel"  and bring together the best "paranormal" interviewers...under one umbrella...
Sell podcasts. License to struggling radio stations.

An Alternative now...
Compete against Premcrap now

The people here are talented, are perceptive.
It is entirely possible and within reach.

And then when Art is free he could come on board?

Planetary Media Corporation....

That is what Keith is working on for artbell.com 

Email him any podcasters you like or think would be a good fit for the genre.
webmaster@artbell.com

jazmunda

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 21, 2013, 09:28:10 PM

webmaster@artbell.com

Vote # 1 - Bateman
Vote # 2 - GabCast network
Vote # 3 - Bateman
Vote # 4 - The Super Terrific Happy Hour featuring the artist formerly known as Jazmunda or TSTHHFTAFKAJ for short.

urbie88

webmaster@artbell.com

There should be a super fan show

ThruTarmac

webmaster@artbell.com

tertiaryimam

webmaster@artbell.com

This is asked more as a joke than anything but I'm curious, too --

Hey Paul, whaddabout this guy?

[attachimg=1]

The Sean

Quote from: RoseGirl on November 21, 2013, 09:28:09 PM
Really? No chunk of rock shot through the window? Not what I was told. Funny, that. Perhaps the FBI were mistaken. My bad.

webmaster@artbell.com

What jaz said and JimHarold who is a member here.

HaveAccess

ThruTarmac...

Thank you...

But my argument is exactly the opposite.

We start now with what we have.
We compete now with what we have.
We advertize now with what we have.

Now we take the first step of a 2 year journey.

We develop a coherent anti brand to Premcrap.
Art can not be with us...only watch from afar.
As we develop a credible quality Alternative.

The main "super structure" of the channel would be very much along the lines Art described.
We want to go head to head with AM radio.
But Art can not guide us.
We all know what we want. Our compass is in hand.

Considering the Energy and Vitality and Intelligence and Creativity of the FreeArtBell Movement...
I swear to you as I write this post, and some SXM scab looks on, his stomach is not feeling so well...
He understands full well, the economic consequences, if that Energy became focused.

Roaming the DreamTime....
Raging in the Night....

It is ours if we but take it.

dortmunder

Quote from: whatatrip on November 21, 2013, 09:25:59 PM
Two years "or sooner". Art said

" I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see you in less than two Years."

Who the fuck knows what he meant by that? We could discuss it and dissect it until the cows come home. It's just a generic, non-commital statement. Means nothing.