• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2013, 10:39:25 PM
But the sequels were awful.

He was a national treasure in the 80s. But Aussies got sick of being typecast as Crocodile Dundee around the world.

True. You can keep him then.

There's something endearing about an Aussie who rages against Crocodile Dundee.

Now just make sure to watch out for the Drop Bears.

Goodpumba

Quote from: urbie88 on November 13, 2013, 10:28:12 PM
Repost his pic with the free art bell as a hashtag and spread it far and wide
i just changed my fb pofile pic to free at bell

SIRIUSly what is the problem? all that energy against on man.

jazmunda

Quote from: dortmunder on November 13, 2013, 10:39:54 PM
Here's the official Facebook page guys!

http://www.facebook.com/machfrei

Also don't forget to post your Free Art Bell message on Sirius' facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/siriusxm

DesertFox

Quote from: Luna on November 13, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
I'm sure even then, he could make it fun, interesting and thought provoking.

Absolutely!

Chine

Quote from: dortmunder on November 13, 2013, 10:39:54 PM
Here's the official Facebook page guys!

http://www.facebook.com/machfrei

If you can, change your url to freeartbell...instead of machfrei. You can do that if you have a fb page. Unless freeartbell is taken.

Redwolf

Quote from: ItsOver on November 13, 2013, 10:30:34 PM
RW, are you the one with the entertainment attorney friend?  Did he have anything to say about how Art's short tenure with Sirius might affect an NC?  Christ, it was only 6 weeks.  Does that weigh into things?

Hey IO, yes, I am the one with the ent. atty friend and my very long winded post yesterday (thanks for reading) about his professional thoughts on the subject. He said the short tenure doesn't really help Art in one way or another due to the fact it went over his 30 day 'out', however he did say that since they waived his contract after 40+ days that would factor into also (eventually) letting go of his NC.

The thing that actually weighs the most is that he cited 'streaming' problems to sxm and they never fixed them and yet Art has that 'streaming' wording in his contract...sxm could be held in breach. Another thing my friend cited was that Art came back to the table to work with sxm and offered sxm exactly what c2c has now with sxm...non-exclusive content streamed at other sites. He said that also should allow an out of his NC.

Bottom line, I know all this legal jargon can begin to make all our eyes start to cross...but my friend truly believes (without looking at the specifics of Art's contract) that in the end the NC will be a NON ISSUE (they are truly hard to enforce) and that sxm is just huffing and puffing and trying to hold out as long as they can...that is why it is imperative that Art take the 'fight' to them! He will get out of the NC...just a matter of time! :)

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2013, 10:43:19 PM
Also don't forget to post your Free Art Bell message on Sirius' facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/siriusxm
Seriously people we are gaining ground the majority of the posts on their facebook are now support for Art!

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 13, 2013, 10:33:48 PM
See you already have history with this dude, it's destined to happen...

24 karat gold instant classic.

Man I also have to say again good job on the SR-72 show. I was impressed at how much you put into that show. You really know your stuff and showed it there.

I've been thinking about a segment with that crazy cat astrologer. Load up the calls with Tertiary Imam to talk Cat Magick, I'll be on another line as Maryanne Rhinesmith.. I'd have to have my comedian friend co-host though, so I could get to the phone... I'll give out the numbers when I record it so you guys could call too. Have you ever heard what Opie & Anthony do with authors?

And thanks, sounding prepared what I aim for. If you don't do your prep, you're treating your listeners like idiots & telling the guest, ehh, just do the segment for me. It's so fucking lazy, and it drives me even more insane when I hear it on that "other" show now.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 13, 2013, 10:39:25 PM
But the sequels were awful.

He was a national treasure in the 80s. But Aussies got sick of being typecast as Crocodile Dundee around the world.

True. You can keep him then.

That's because you all had to fight over who got to have sex with Donk.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Luna on November 13, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
I'm sure even then, he could make it fun, interesting and thought provoking.

Luna is it true all the polar bears are now pale brown rather than their normal eggshell white?

dortmunder

Quote from: Chine on November 13, 2013, 10:45:38 PM

If you can, change your url to freeartbell...instead of machfrei. You can do that if you have a fb page. Unless freeartbell is taken.

Yes, I tried several variations on free art bell, none of them worked  :(

dortmunder

Quote from: dortmunder on November 13, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

People are joining pretty quickly though. Twitter campaign getting rolling too. I'm glad we're all getting active here  :D

ItsOver

Quote from: DesertFox on November 13, 2013, 10:39:21 PM

I'd love to Art in particular to tackle the Yellow Pages.

I'd love for Art to tackle the White Pages.  "Let's see now.  N........ah, yes, G. Noory....hmmmm, I wonder, should I???"  ;)

weeberwubber

Quote from: Redwolf on November 13, 2013, 10:45:47 PM
Hey IO, yes, I am the one with the ent. atty friend and my very long winded post yesterday (thanks for reading) about his professional thoughts on the subject. He said the short tenure doesn't really help Art in one way or another due to the fact it went over his 30 day 'out', however he did say that since they waived his contract after 40+ days that would factor into also (eventually) letting go of his NC.

The thing that actually weighs the most is that he cited 'streaming' problems to sxm and they never fixed them and yet Art has that 'streaming' wording in his contract...sxm could be held in breach. Another thing my friend cited was that Art came back to the table to work with sxm and offered sxm exactly what c2c has now with sxm...non-exclusive content streamed at other sites. He said that also should allow an out of his NC.

Bottom line, I know all this legal jargon can begin to make all our eyes start to cross...but my friend truly believes (without looking at the specifics of Art's contract) that in the end the NC will be a NON ISSUE (they are truly hard to enforce) and that sxm is just huffing and puffing and trying to hold out as long as they can...that is why it is imperative that Art take the 'fight' to them! He will get out of the NC...just a matter of time! :)

All of us were under the impression that Art had 30 days to back out but he posted more recently, within the past 24 hours I think, and explained that he meant that he could back out at any time but had to give 30 days notice, which he did, then they waived the 30 day notice and so he was done immediately.

Any attorney friends I've asked 100% agree with what you have posted.

DanTSX

Jaz, my sister in law just got back from 3 weeks in Aus.  What a beautiful place.

They were drunk 80% of the time visiting the vineyards.   Rest of time spent looking at street Art.

Also kudos on your medial system.  Brother In law contracted a nasty tick-Bourne virus (Lyme disease) and was able to be successfully diagnosed and begin treatments on something completely unheard of down there.   Lyme disease is a very DM/coast to coast topic in it's own right.  There is a giant government infectious disease lab that I could see if I stood on my roof out in the body of water separating New York and Connecticut.  Speculation is that it was a weaponized virus that escaped the lab many years ago.

Anyways that's my local link to Australia.  I'm honestly surprised the officials didn't kick out or quarantine my brother in law.

lonevoice

Do you guys remember the night that Art quoted H.L. Mencken on the air, "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats", then Art actually raised the jolly roger in his backyard and took this picture of it:

I believe that was when Art sent the lawyers after that evil gOATSEy demon.   Art took the bastard down. 

What I want to know, Art, is do you still have the flag?  How about hoisting it in the yard again?   It sends an unmistakable message.

Chine

Quote from: dortmunder on November 13, 2013, 10:47:24 PM

Wow. I just checked SiriusXM's fb page. It's been taken over by Free Art Bell. Hahaha..love it.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 13, 2013, 10:39:17 PM
IF its who I think it is, he drives all over San Francisco with a van which has John Lennon was killed by ... crap all over it.
It got so bad that EVERY talk station in the Bay Area banned him from calling in, maybe even the Spanish and Asian ones for all I know.
I know that he got banned from KSFO and KGO.
And I think he's even called Larry King when he was on, Bohannan, and Coast because I've hear him calling and he gets cut off right away once he goes into his schtick.

That's right, "The Lennon Guy" and his green van were legendary in the Bar Area.  It was very weird, because he moved to Bangor Maine (where S. King lives) some years ago, and during that time S. King had his horrible accident, where he was hit and just about killed by a driver in a....

green van.

I also think this would be radio titanium.  All the talk show hosts cut him off; but what if they played him out?

I posted #FreeArtBell on Sirius' Facebook.  I feel a little bit better.

coaster

I'm not one for getting off my couch and sitting down my beer, but I do believe if we are loud enough, a revolution will start. Or maybe I'm stoned. Groundhog Day is playing. This again....

Falkie2013

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 13, 2013, 10:45:38 PM

R.I.P. John Lennon but my favorite Beatle was Jim Morrison. Gimme shelter!

My gf's favorite beatle.

Someone won the thing a few years ago and it was sold on Ebay for over $ 20,000.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: lonevoice on November 13, 2013, 10:50:38 PM
Do you guys remember the night that Art quoted H.L. Mencken on the air, "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats", then Art actually raised the jolly roger in his backyard and took this picture of it:

I believe that was when Art sent the lawyers after that evil gOATSEy demon.   Art took the bastard down. 

What I want to know, Art, is do you still have the flag?  How about hoisting it in the yard again?   It sends an unmistakable message.

I remember hearing this one night. I remember it well, coming through my clock radio over AM. The static in the signal would punctuate his dramatic pauses. That quote stuck with me.

He's probable read it a few times

bateman

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 13, 2013, 10:39:17 PM
IF its who I think it is, he drives all over San Francisco with a van which has John Lennon was killed by ... crap all over it.
It got so bad that EVERY talk station in the Bay Area banned him from calling in, maybe even the Spanish and Asian ones for all I know.
I know that he got banned from KSFO and KGO.
And I think he's even called Larry King when he was on, Bohannan, and Coast because I've hear him calling and he gets cut off right away once he goes into his schtick.

That's him, alright.

DanTSX

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 13, 2013, 10:51:41 PM
[attachimg=1]
[/quote
TI

What does Vladimir Putin think of Art's screwjob?