• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Derpspiracy

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 11, 2013, 11:19:55 AM
I've never seen so many trash talking negative rotten people in my life and when I say leave me alone if I post something and you're going to speak to me like the people you are I mean leave me alone.

In an effort to be a kinder and gentler Derpspiracy, I have to give credit where credit is due. In light of this, I'd just like to take a moment and reflect on the majesty, length, and general tenacity of the above run-on sentence. Truly impressive, and if there's any justice in this word (or the next), I'm absolutely sure that it made the ghost of Bradbury weep.

McPhallus

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 11, 2013, 11:25:21 AM
This is pathetically sad.  I really can't believe the mentality.

You've only been here three days.  Lighten up.

SaucyRossy

Which Eddie was banned and why?

ItsOver

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 11, 2013, 11:35:57 AM

Eddie Coyle.  Sorry, I don't know all the details, SR.

Derpspiracy

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 11, 2013, 11:35:57 AM

Eddie Coyle was banned. As far as I can tell, some new posters got poor Mr. Coyle good and riled, and he unleashed the Edditastic fury upon their heads. Of course, they kept reporting it to MV. I'm pretty sure that at first MV was just like "wtf lol no get over it", but then Eddie Coyle said something to MV, and then he was banned.

Mind you, I don't remember what he said, or on what page this incident happened. I got the impression that MV had just reached the end of his rope with the whole affair.

Also, I may not have all the details right since this thread moves so fast.

awguy

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 11, 2013, 09:45:42 AMis was "Clyde Lewis' own decision to end Ground Zero."

THIS... For the upper right corner quote please... I'm laughing so hard I'm crying here!

Derpspiracy

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 11, 2013, 11:44:47 AM
I don't know Eddie Coyle or wtf he is u slag so don't include me in that witch hunt.

Seriously, now. At what point did I mention you, specifically or otherwise?

If you're having so much of a problem with this board, why are you still here? Alternatively, why haven't you utilized the "ignore user" function?

Also, is this how you act in real life? Because it seems almost impossible to have a coherent conversation with you.

ItsOver

Quote from: awguy on November 11, 2013, 11:41:31 AM
THIS... For the upper right corner quote please... I'm laughing so hard I'm crying here!

"...it was Clyde Lewis' own decision to end Ground Zero."  That is pretty funny.  Damn Jess.

georgesucks

Quote from: ItsOver on November 11, 2013, 11:47:47 AM
"...it was Clyde Lewis' own decision to end Ground Zero."  That is pretty funny.  Damn Jess.
What Clyde Lewis quit now. First Art Bell quit and Now Clyde Lewis. What is next George Noory? ;D :o

gbneely

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 11, 2013, 11:42:33 AM
Maybe you prefer this style.  What in the motherfuck is there a goddamn cock sucking report to moderator button for?  I haven't even used it but it's right fucking there. Glad I don't have fucking shit for brains like some of these fucking dog dick suckers.

Light enough for ya?

That's the spirit, Spirit Chaser!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 11, 2013, 11:40:42 AM
Eddie Coyle was banned. As far as I can tell, some new posters got poor Mr. Coyle good and riled, and he unleashed the Edditastic fury upon their heads. Of course, they kept reporting it to MV. I'm pretty sure that at first MV was just like "wtf lol no get over it", but then Eddie Coyle said something to MV, and then he was banned.

Mind you, I don't remember what he said, or on what page this incident happened. I got the impression that MV had just reached the end of his rope with the whole affair.

Also, I may not have all the details right since this thread moves so fast.

Wait, wasn't Eddie Coyle apart of Gabcast?!?

EDIT: I got the Eddie's confused, thats Eddie Dean

Mastodonkey

EVERYBODY CALM THE FUCK DOWN AND LISTEN TO SOME GORDON LIGHTFOOT

Marc.Knight

Maybe you prefer this style.  What in the motherfuck is there a goddamn cock sucking report to moderator button for?  I haven't even used it but it's right fucking there. Glad I don't have fucking shit for brains like some of these fucking dog dick suckers.

Light enough for ya?

This would be better placed here:  http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5232.msg194826#msg194826

georgesucks

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 11:58:17 AM
Which songs are you suggesting my friend?

Mastodonkey

Quote from: georgesucks on November 11, 2013, 12:01:24 PM
Which songs are you suggesting my friend?

IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND
EARLY MORNING RAIN
SUNDOWN
WRECK OF THE EDMUND FITZGERALD
CAREFREE HIGHWAY

anything off the complete greatest hits cut will do

Coz

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 11:58:17 AM

Right...

Like the "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" is gonna help anything.

Yeesh...

ItsOver

Quote from: georgesucks on November 11, 2013, 11:53:55 AM
What Clyde Lewis quit now. First Art Bell quit and Now Clyde Lewis. What is next George Noory? ;D :o

I can see it now, "It was PremRat's decision to go bankrupt." - Jorch Noory

Mastodonkey

"I don't know what the fuck is going on" - George Knapp

ItsOver

Quote from: Coz on November 11, 2013, 12:04:13 PM
Right...

Like the "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" is gonna help anything.

Yeesh...

I'm thinking it should be more like Barry Manilow doing "Mandy." 

Barry Manilow - Mandy

Light enough for ya?

ONE OF US... ONE OF US... ONE OF US...

"Dog dick suckers" is really funny, phonetically and in its usage as quoted above.

DesertFox

Been on a Marathon On Demand listening Tour since BEFORE the shows expired on Sirius and still doing it and hasn't thrown me off yet.  Will do it for number of hours before I have to go.

Was listening to the first show with Michio and the end part cracked me up:

The second to last caller at end of show was a lady with southern twang AND she said to Art, "Art Bell don't ever do that to us again."  She was OBVIOUSLY referring  to Art quitting abruptly in the past.     Art laughed and didn't respond BUT later the lady added one more time, "Don't you ever do that to me again."  THIS TIME Art replied, "I'll try not to."

Art--you didn't try NEARLY hard enough.

Mastodonkey

what the sirius execs are doing every time Art or his lawyers tries to contact them

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 12:15:23 PM
what the sirius execs are doing every time Art or his lawyers tries to contact them

[img width=350 height=231]http://

Elisa Lam dance

Ravenna

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 10, 2013, 05:23:48 PM
I just want more information about why Dark Matter was no longer, in Art's words, "viable."  Was the C. Crane Company not making enough money to justify advertising?  Was Dark Matter not bringing in enough subscribers for SiriusXM?

I don't feel like we've gotten a good explanation as to why the show had to end... :(

The explanation given, as you probably know, is that too many people had problems listening due to "drop-outs," etc.  So Art gave an ultimatum to Sirius:  let him live stream for free for a year while they worked on addressing the technical issues behind the drop-outs in the audio stream.  We still don't know if Sirius will go for that or not, but it doesn't look good. 

Some people are confused coz they had no issues with drop-outs.  I did four times; each very quickly fixed by exiting the app and firing it back up again:  audio would then stream fine.  NBD.  I know that many others here had no issues whatsoever; some others had some, but they are a minority it seems to me.

Whether this is the REAL reason why Art quit Dark Matter, I'm not clear on.  It could have been one of the reasons, and there are others he is choosing not to talk about.  Who knows:  all we can do is conjecture.  For right now, I'm deciding to take him at his word.

I'm feeling the only hope is, at this point, that Sirius will let him out of his two year non-compete, but even the hopes of that seem slim and are dimming. 

maren

Posting this again, beseeching someone to respond.  I'm working myself into a tizzy.  Take pity on me!  Calm my troubled soul.

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2013, 11:12:00 AM
What does the little half-moon symbol next to the "Offline" on Art's member page mean?  I checked Jazmunda's, and it says Offline, but no little gray half-moon. 

Have I become uber paranoid?

Thanks.

ItsOver

Quote from: DesertFox on November 11, 2013, 12:13:07 PM
..Was listening to the first show with Michio and the end part cracked me up:

The second to last caller at end of show was a lady with southern twang AND she said to Art, "Art Bell don't ever do that to us again."  She was OBVIOUSLY referring  to Art quitting abruptly in the past.     Art laughed and didn't respond BUT later the lady added one more time, "Don't you ever do that to me again."  THIS TIME Art replied, "I'll try not to."

Art--you didn't try NEARLY hard enough.

That lady came to my mind with the latest debacle.  Art had better be in the bunker. "Hell hath no fury....."  ;)