• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

I wonder if Art could do a week of benefit shows to help the Philippines?

jazmunda

And just like that Art Bell's Dark Matter is no longer apart of the Indie channel.

McPhallus

I wonder....

What are the actual terms of the NC?  I've not heard them stated anywhere in this monstrous thread.  Anyone know?

DesertFox

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 06:07:33 AM
And just like that Art Bell's Dark Matter is no longer apart of the Indie channel.

Though I never stopped listening ON DEMAND today and now i'm listening to Spooky Matter.

Quote from: McPhallus on November 11, 2013, 06:14:36 AM
I wonder....

What are the actual terms of the NC?  I've not heard them stated anywhere in this monstrous thread.  Anyone know?
We can't know for sure-we just know generic noncompete boilerplate. Unless Sirius used LegalZoom-then we've got them by the balls...so to speak...McPhallus

McPhallus

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 11, 2013, 06:17:17 AM
We can't know for sure-we just know generic noncompete boilerplate. Unless Sirius used LegalZoom-then we've got them by the balls...so to speak...McPhallus

LOL

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 06:07:33 AM

Yeah, and all of my downloaded on-demand shows expired and disappeared too. I thought that they'd at least let ME decide when to delete stuff from my phone. Lame.

I want Dark Matter back

FallenSeraph

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 01:48:05 AM
If Art gets out of his Non Compete clause I will volunteer to read this entire thread on artbell.com's stream during the testing phase. Expletives beeped out of course.

I would tune in to that. Then maybe I could get caught up from page 175.

jazmunda

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 11, 2013, 06:55:04 AM
I would tune in to that. Then maybe I could get caught up from page 175.

I will also read each post in the voice that I imagine that that particular poster has. Based on the avatars or style of posting of course.

BobGrau

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 06:57:14 AM
I will also read each post in the voice that I imagine that that particular poster has. Based on the avatars or style of posting of course.

This is sounding better and better.

Y'know what, I can now see a direct A to B to C route to a situation where we could pay noory to narrate his own thread. PM for deetz

DesertFox

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 06:57:14 AM

Funny, Andy...i'm listening to you now on Spooky Matter AND I look up and you just posted here.

To Jazmunda:

"so shines a good deed in a weary world" (W. Wonka).

Andy, throughout all of this, you have been a "good deed".

(I hope you don't mind me calling you "Andy"; you can call me crawdad).

Quote from: Coz on November 11, 2013, 01:50:39 AM
Dear Art,

For a brief period, 6 weeks, it was like my world was complete. Seriously. I had missed you for such a long time. Used to listen to you every night, and had all the stations along regular long distance routes programmed in my car radio so as to not miss a thing.

There is just not a lot of good radio on anymore. And as someone who grew up in Chicago, I know good radio. Some of the best in the USA is (or was) in Chicago.

Art, as a fan, and a fellow ham, I just don't know what to say. For some people, your return was a major event. The return of a beloved ritual... a familiar voice.... interesting subjects.

There have been times that I, and others, have blamed you, Sirius, streaming, or <insert scapegoat here>.

I'm sorry for that.

Regardless of the garbage that has been spewed by myself and others in the thread, it has to be said: You are the best broadcaster I've ever heard. Pure entertainment, good topics, interesting guests, and un screened open lines. It is a deadly combination for a radio show.

So regardless of who played the worst role in this debacle on Sirius. Remember this: If you are breathing, you belong on the air- anything less is a waste of material.

****ing this!

Mastodonkey

Last week "waiting on sirius" this week "waiting on lawyers" next week "waiting on two more years to pass"

I wonder if Art has even contacted any lawyers yet or the post on the site is just a scare tactic to sirius who probably have nothing to be worried about if they don't feel like doing anything.

mattjs2732

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 07:59:37 AM
Last week "waiting on sirius" this week "waiting on lawyers" next week "waiting on two more years to pass"

I wonder if Art has even contacted any lawyers yet or the post on the site is just a scare tactic to sirius who probably have nothing to be worried about if they don't feel like doing anything.

Whoa, just saw that on the website. Think Art is actually speaking to lawyers now?

HMC

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 07:59:37 AM

Woah, I thought that was a joke, but it really does say "This Week    Hoping to get Art released from SiriusXM contract so he can come back on Internet LIVE Streaming. We already have the technology in place, just waiting for the lawyers."

Hopefully that's to get out of the NC.

DesertFox

Quote from: mattjs2732 on November 11, 2013, 08:10:14 AM
Whoa, just saw that on the website. Think Art is actually speaking to lawyers now?

Unless Art is claiming he's waiting on the lawyers for Sirius.

Quote from: Spirit Chaser on November 10, 2013, 11:37:08 PM
Do I really have 3 or 4 people here not reading what I said but flaming me for what I said.  This is unreal.  Flame some more.  Really please.  I want to hit report to moderator.
You want to report this shit to MV?  You have got to be the thinnest skinned person to ever sign up here.  You call that flaming?  This is is flaming:

You, spirit chaser, are a douche nozzle of the highest order.  Please fall backwards onto a horse cock, you simpering gas bag.  You are clearly of sub-average intellect, no doubt because your parents were brother and sister.  Etc.

See the difference, nimrod?

b_dubb

Sirius XM deleted Art's shows from my phone. Fuck them

Mastodonkey

Keep calm and listen to some Gordon Lightfoot

mattjs2732

Quote from: Mastodonkey on November 11, 2013, 08:37:13 AM
Keep calm and listen to some Gordon Lightfoot

Yeah, really, I mean, it was 38 years ago yesterday that the Edmund Fitzgerald went down...

Jocko Johnson

Couple things, if anyone thinks big corporations like sxm are gonna get like frightened because there's a comment made eluding that Art is now talking or ready to get a lawyer...oh boy! That's nuts. Corporations like sxm have lawyers just sitting around picking their legal beaks, (noses) just waiting to jump on shit like this!

And if I see Art or anyone else trying to blame this, (after all this horse shit and abandoning his post) on this alleged mystery entity. ..the evil bad guys or whoever. ..man sometimes when you fuck up you gotaa pull ur boots up and take the blame. Enough!  Are we to believe that due to no base or callers, such shitty signal and streaming, getting just cell calls from truckers and Aussies...nobody listening got the big evil prem radio and the all powerful king and queen of all media howie "hoo hoo"  stern and dave snoory called sxm and ordered them to sabotage DM and cause this entire debacle?????!!!!!! I can't  think of anything more absurd. That's gotta stop with all the other can't say or confidential crap...that's just code for can't really think of anything else to say or put the blame on soooo I'll make some shit up that can't be proved or denied so it's great cover for when the lead really starts flying. Com'on man. This all just sux (as does GN) and when I hear the secret cyrpto crap I feel like it's insulting.
If Art comes back great I will be there...but please don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. Gotta man up and say I blew it misjudged, they hosed me or a combo of facts but the other stuff is so very sad and just not constructive.

As it stands now, the talks to fix things didn't work, Art walked out, made a counter offer and they said no, Art countered the counter offer and the silence is deafening...except all vestiges of DM is gone from the sxm line up as are all the ads etc. Seems like the silence says they gave their answer and that is it. Art already offered to give them the show for free and not get paid...they are done!  What else can Art offer to pay them to broadcadt? Which is almost what he offered to do.

So in conclusion ladies and gentlemen...this very much looks like a done deal. In the very end on this field littered with losers we are the biggest losers of all.

Quote from: Spinner on November 10, 2013, 11:24:48 PM
Ooooo, so we're playing the blame game?
Alrighty then, here's my list:

Of course, Bush (all of them!)
Dave Noorie
Adobe Flash Player
Error 1001
Error 305
Spiders (all of them!)
The giggling Aussie
Peach fuzz
The letter "S"

I'm sure I'm leaving some other guilty "entities" out... :D
And tasty Canadians

EDIT: I am so far behind I did not realize this joke was already made. http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5069.msg194488#msg194488

b_dubb

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 11, 2013, 08:26:18 AM
You want to report this shit to MV?  You have got to be the thinnest skinned person to ever sign up here.  You call that flaming?  This is is flaming:

You, spirit chaser, are a douche nozzle of the highest order.  Please fall backwards onto a horse cock, you simpering gas bag.  You are clearly of sub-average intellect, no doubt because your parents were brother and sister.  Etc.

See the difference, nimrod?

L O L RCD takes a newb to school. Thanks for your service RCD

ItsOver

Quote from: b_dubb on November 11, 2013, 09:09:37 AM

+1.  Thanks for thinning the heard, RCD.   ;)

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on November 11, 2013, 09:09:37 AM

He's just lucky Ol' Eddie's not in town.

Quote from: b_dubb on November 11, 2013, 08:26:20 AM
Sirius XM deleted Art's shows from my phone. Fuck them

I agree, I made a point to download all of the shows I wanted to keep. Didn't think they would delete things stored locally on my phone. That seems a little invasive. I feel like I've been Weebered.

ItsOver

Quote from: McPhallus on November 11, 2013, 09:21:46 AM
He's just lucky Ol' Eddie's not in town.

I'm starting to miss Eddie more than Art.  At least Eddie didn't go out with a whimper.