• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

AppealPlay

Quote from: bateman on November 07, 2013, 12:42:13 PM
Yeah, but they don't have anything listed after TMZ... Holding out hope.

They haven't come up with a name for the new Richard C. Hoagland show.  I vote for 19.5 Degrees with Richard C.

urbie88

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 07, 2013, 11:27:10 AM
There are five things that could happen here.

1. Sirius agrees to let Art be a public broadcaster and he's back on tonight or next week.
2. They let him out of his contract and he just streams from the website.
3. They decide to hold him to his non compete and art is off the air for another year or so.
4. Art gives in to Sirius and works with them on a long term solution and let's the show grow over time.
5. Art has no intention of coming back.

I believe Art wants to come back and wants to stream for free. However, the way he went about this has been completely befuddling and dramatic.

And Art, I love yal but this has been so unnecessarily dramatic and over the top it's just stupid.
You could of gone on air and explained things, and asked your listeners to petition and contact management. We could of fought this battle with you, but now things are so muddled it's approaching fubar.

Hope you are back on tonight, can't wait.

Or, we could all be duped and this is some genius yet evil way to generate a lot of attention after being gone from the airwaves for such a long time.  Radio guys always use the "me vs. management" drama to get attention!

georgesucks

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 07, 2013, 12:43:00 PM
They haven't come up with a name for the new Richard C. Hoagland show.  I vote for 19.5 Degrees with Richard C.
Richard C Hoagland as the new host of dark matter, I bet that the most common topic will be 19.5 degrees.

widespread1

Quote from: georgesucks on November 07, 2013, 12:46:10 PM
Richard C Hoagland as the new host of dark matter, I bet that the most common topic will be 19.5 degrees.
lol that and old shattered structures.

urbie88

Quote from: widespread1 on November 07, 2013, 12:47:32 PM
lol that and old shattered structures.

And the theme song will be Muse's Knights of Cydonia. 

AppealPlay

Quote from: urbie88 on November 07, 2013, 12:48:53 PM
And the theme song will be Muse's Knights of Cydonia.

That's fucking brilliant.  If only I could upvote you.

samysam1313

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 06, 2013, 07:28:40 PM
I feel sorry for all the Art hater trolls on here. Looks like they ARE gunna have to eat it after all. In some way anyways.

You got that right. Only I don't feel sorry for them. Those that give shit need to learn to eat it themselves and see what it tastes like. Karma can be a bitch.

steelbot

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 07, 2013, 12:42:09 PM
Can anyone summarize the "huuuuuuu" thing for me? I saw it in the corner but I don't know where it came from.
the husband/wife set that were on.

bateman

To the haterz:

http://youtu.be/9FOGSJsAxUw

"YOU EAT THAT FOR THE WAY YOU TALK ABOUT ART BELL!!"

samysam1313

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 06, 2013, 07:37:14 PM
No the people that responded to me had American names. I really don't believe they were in india. And the second reply I got was not a generic one.

That doesn't mean they are native English speaking. I've talked to support people in both India and China and they used English names. Apparently because we can't pronounce or read their real names well. I asked.

Skunk Ape

Hey guys. Kind of ashamed that this is my first post. Has anyone else noticed that the On-Demand shows on the SXM web player are all set to expire now within 4 days?

maren

Quote from: Skunk Ape on November 07, 2013, 01:03:49 PM
Hey guys. Kind of ashamed that this is my first post. Has anyone else noticed that the On-Demand shows on the SXM web player are all set to expire now within 4 days?

It's been mentioned a couple of times upthread.   

Art_s Farts

Quote from: Skunk Ape on November 07, 2013, 01:03:49 PM

That could be good or bad.

Bad - Sirius is done with Art Bell

Good - Art starts over as as independent broadcaster with no Sirius related on-demand services

Quote from: bateman on November 07, 2013, 12:54:48 PM
"YOU EAT THAT FOR THE WAY YOU TALK ABOUT ART BELL!!"

Milk was a baaaaaad choice

Quote from: steelbot on November 07, 2013, 12:52:37 PM
the husband/wife set that were on.
I think I missed that one. Did they do the show on dreams?

AppealPlay

Catsmile

Quote from: onan on November 07, 2013, 06:10:53 AM
Man, this thread finally wore me out.

I gave up on page 161. Sorry to those that posted after that, I didn't read.

Art may be back? YaY? MAY be back... fuck.

And what is all the crybaby bull shit, "people said mean things."? If anyone thinks Art's decision depends on a positve poll on this forum... they need to reconsider their grasp of reality.

I want Art to have a show. I want it to be a great show. But I have to say (like so many already have), his strategy to this point is concerning. I see no reason for SXM to "take him back". Perhaps increased revenue. But again I have to say, if I were an advertizer I would have reservations. What reasonable business person wouldn't?

NO matter how poorly SXM's internet stream was/is, Art accepted that condition when he signed up. If Art had continued and also worked on another viable stream alternative. I probably wouldn't be posting on a 170+ page thread.

Art's public behavior did and still upsets me. And to make it very clear, I have the utmost respect for his talent in broadcasting. I regret as strongly as I can his absense. I do not for a second regreat holding him accountable nor using strong language to express that regret.

You said mean things about my radio boyfriend! TROLL! TROLL!  ::)

Skunk Ape

Quote from: maren on November 07, 2013, 01:06:49 PM
It's been mentioned a couple of times upthread.

Yeah I saw that after I posted and it was too late to delete. I searched "expire" and didn't find anything, jumped the gun on the question.
Now I will forever hate myself for wasting my first post on BellGab.  :'(
I do hope he continues with a stream, but I did like the On Demand feature. Working nights means I can't really listen to the live show, and the stream made it easy to record the show the next day with no commercials and have them on my iPod. Great way to archive.
I'm sure there will still be a ton of recordings.

DanTSX

Quote from: georgesucks on November 07, 2013, 12:46:10 PM

I don't really know how to say this......

RCH will not be down for breakfast.

RCH RIP 1945 - 2013

Goodnight sweet prince

Coz

It's over people... after considering this...

Sirius won't back off.

The only way to deal with it for them is to let Art go and paint him as a loon in quiet whispers. It's the only short term smart move... and corporate weenies are all about short term smart moves.

My conclusion: Stick a fork in.... it's done.

popple

Quote from: georgesucks on November 07, 2013, 11:52:17 AM
I think it weird that art's last live show on Xm was on 31 Oct 2013 and his last live show on Coast 2 Coast was on 31 Oct 2010.

Those holiday specials are killers.

morphiaflow

There is one possibility, remote though it might be--and yes, it goes against the wisdom that "no one will touch Art after this". But there remains the possibility that someone could, hypothetically, buy Art out of his contract and thus his non-compete in order for him to be free to broadcast elsewhere. Again, I'm not saying it's likely, much as I'd like it to be. But it shouldn't be discounted as a possibility.

Bigfoot

lol   

it's ain't a good sign when all the shows on demand are set to expire in 3 days, when previously they were set to expire in something like 2000 days

Marc.Knight

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 07, 2013, 01:19:01 PM
There is one possibility, remote though it might be--and yes, it goes against the wisdom that "no one will touch Art after this". But there remains the possibility that someone could, hypothetically, buy Art out of his contract and thus his non-compete in order for him to be free to broadcast elsewhere. Again, I'm not saying it's likely, much as I'd like it to be. But it shouldn't be discounted as a possibility.

That's assuming that your premise is correct.  However, I don't think he wants to broadcast.  He tried it, didn't like it, and looked for the quickest excuse to exit.  The reasons behind all of this are too complex to deal with here, and yes, riddled with conjecture, but one can clearly extrapolate a lack of incentive on his part, post the start of Dark Matter.

Who, besides myself, is a tad miffed at witnessing a couple of millionaire divas parading through our (well, MV`s) little...thing, and pissing and fucking moaning to people who are just able to scratch out a paycheck - some not even able to do that - and act like THEY are  being treated unfairly?

Folks...it`s just GD nauseating. Over.

Miranda

Crystal Gayle: Ready for the Times to Get Better

Some of Art's bumper music from his young lady.  Waiting for the times to get better while continually refreshing Artbell.com. :(