Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Falkie2013

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 06, 2013, 11:20:16 PM
Where's luna when you need her.

Get callin sirius people.

http://m.siriusxm.com/contactus

" one Adam-12. See the man. Burning pizza roll. "

Quote from: littlechris on November 06, 2013, 11:20:57 PM
Looks like I got a stalker!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!

It took me two seconds to quote your bullshit, hardly "stalking"

you got caught being a piece of shit on the internet, and you deserve what's coming to you.

and don't PM me, I wont respond to any of your weird shit. "ROFLMFAO!!!!" 

You fucking loser.  ;D

littlechris

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 11:30:35 PM
It took me two seconds to quote your bullshit, hardly "stalking"

you got caught being a piece of shit on the internet, and you deserve what's coming to you.

Actions speak louder than words. (yawn)

DanTSX

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 11:28:17 PM
They don't have to pay art and still get ad revenue. Will they lose some subscribers? Sure. But its a pittance compared to the expansion of AD revenue, if Art has Sirius ads playing during his show. SIRIUS CAN'T LOOZ!

Why would they join Sirius subscriptions if Art was streaming for free?

And why couldn't other content talent do the same?

SnapT

Quote from: Mystery43 on November 06, 2013, 11:24:05 PM
Future guests on Dark Matter:
Bob Lazar
David Paulides
Travis Walton
Dan Aykroyd (duh  ;))
ANDREW BASIAGO
FORMER CHILD TIME TRAVELER

Quote from: shell88 on November 06, 2013, 11:19:41 PM
This is who to e-mail at Siriusxm for best results:

"Scott Greenstein is President and Chief Content Officer of Sirius XM Radio, overseeing all of the satellite radio broadcaster's programming, marketing and corporate marketing activities.

Greenstein has extensive entertainment industry experience, and prior to joining the company he was a consultant to SiriusXM on the strategic agreements that were forged with the National Football League and Penske."

.  This is the yay or nay guy, I would think, and messages really should go directly to him.  Lots of messages sent to others in the company don't get through to him, I am sure.
I tested this email and it hasn't come back so I think it is good.

This guy is a bigwig, so I'd keep it clean and professional, grammatically correct. If you do write in support of Art and the quality of their on-line streaming, It might be beneficial to point out the benefits Art's stream would bring in terms of revenue. He's into money big time, so that's what you'd want to sell to him. Hope some of the more excelled writers send him a note.

Scottgreenstein@sirius.com

Hey, this email address isn't working for me, it kicks back automatically.

Falkie2013

Quote from: ItsOver on November 06, 2013, 11:19:32 PM
Hahaha... I can see Tommy in the background, following Jorch around during the episode.

Night Turkey Part 1

Any resemblance between Kolchak : The Night Turkey and any episode of C2C is unfortunately coincidental.

I have a copy of Carl Kolchak's INS ID badge attached to one of my lamps. One guy actually has re-created his outfit and wore it to science fiction conventions. The hard part is finding one of the cameras he used to use, they're rather rare now.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carl-Kolchak/251598124897445?_ft_=fbid.134141063393085

[attachment deleted by admin]

tertiaryimam

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 11:32:42 PM

People would join Sirius to get access to the archive and all the other benefits Sirius has to offer, like a plethora of good music, good radio shows, etc.

Art could even give out "Insider Shit" for the subscribers. No problem. And anyone could listen at any time.

The live stream would just be live --- that's it. No archive. No special shit. Nothing. Sirius saves 75k a year and ALL ADVERTISERS COVERAGE IS BOOSTED EXPONENTIALLY.

Tell me if you think I'm wrong.

urbie88

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 06, 2013, 11:34:05 PM
LOL please god no

Was that the stargate guy?  The kid assassin from the future? He was  entertaining but his story sounded like a syfy movie of the week

Nighthawk

Yes and also those who own sirius radio's or use them in their cars will still subscribe of course.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: urbie88 on November 06, 2013, 11:36:59 PM
Was that the stargate guy?  The kid assassin from the future? He was  entertaining but his story sounded like a syfy movie of the week

You suck. You Troll.

KnyeGuy

I gotta say, this is freaking hilarious...Art isn't and won't do his show, but here he is on an internet forum, keeping us posted..lmaoo

At any rate, I was ticked off as much as anyone when I heard the news, BUT I wouldn't have been quite so ticked off if I had known there was some sort of clause that could possibly allow Art to stream on his website; Nor would I have been ticked off if I had some sort of indication that Art really was trying to stay on the air in whatever form possible.
His posts today about all of this really should have been made CLEAR from the start.

Screw Sirius anyways...I detest their crappy internet player and it's errors and scheduled time-outs.

I'm cancelling even if Art stays with them.

Godspeed Art

HMC

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 10:08:10 PM
I have told Sirius/XM I can go on the air as soon as tomorrow if they wish. Do not get to excited yet. It is now up to them.
As you can see we are ready to do exactly what we said we would do. We are also prepared to deliver to as many as want
it. So, the ball is now in their court. Keith knows what he is doing. Paul is ready and I am ready. All we need is the go ahead
from Sirius.

Art

Holy crap. I need a stiff drink.

BTW the stream works great in the Maxthon browser too (which is way better than Chrome).

Mystery43

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 06, 2013, 11:25:21 PM
There's only so much Travis Walton can say about his ride.  I think he's basically explained it all.

Isn't Bob Lazar dealing with legal trouble with his company?

Hadn't heard about Lazars legal troubles but probably true about Walton.

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 11:35:32 PM

People would join Sirius to get access to the archive and all the other benefits Sirius has to offer, like a plethora of good music, good radio shows, etc.

Art could even give out "Insider Shit" for the subscribers. No problem. And anyone could listen at any time.

The live stream would just be live --- that's it. No archive. No special shit. Nothing. Sirius saves 75k a year and ALL ADVERTISERS COVERAGE IS BOOSTED EXPONENTIALLY.

Bingo.

I was thinking the same, but it gets tricky with how the ad revenue is divvied between Art and Sirius. I doubt Art would do the show for free even though 75K isn't anything to him. I imagine if Art lets Sirius get the lion share of the ad revenue then it would make sense for both parties.

Jnthn932

Quote from: urbie88 on November 06, 2013, 11:36:59 PM
He's the guy that travelled to Mars with Obama when they were kids in an elevator. Also he's running for president.

sherry440

Tertiary, you also are a voice of reason here, and I hope you're right!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 11:35:32 PM

Maybe you're correct.  But, 75k is less than nothing for them.  More of an administrative burden.  Art's impact on their bottom line probably isn't enough for them to f$#k around and risk more of a black eye in the media.  My guess is they will probably pretend to entertain Art's ideas for a few weeks and then quietly forget about him.

jazmunda

I hate to be a Debbie Downer or Negative Nellie but ......

How is the situation as it is now any different to the situation we were in after Spooky Matter?

shell88

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 11:32:42 PM

I for one would keep streaming xm. I'll get a radio once Art gets settled down - if he gets back on the air.  I listen to the 10:00pm replays because I work at nights, and I like to have the on demand feature for shows I fall asleep on cause I'm tired.

gbneely

Quote from: jazmunda on November 06, 2013, 11:44:01 PM

How is the situation as it is now any different to the situation we were in after Spooky Matter?

It isn't.

I've had XM for almost 10 years. I love deep tracks, the Bob Dylan Theme Time Radio shows and the Grateful Dead channel.

8bitwizard

Holy crap. Your Avi is hot.

Quote from: HMC on November 06, 2013, 11:39:03 PM
Holy crap. I need a stiff drink.

BTW the stream works great in the Maxthon browser too (which is way better than Chrome).

Marc.Knight

Quote from: jazmunda on November 06, 2013, 11:44:01 PM

SiriusXM has taken somewhat of a pummeling in the media over Art's departure.  I can't see them bringing him back voluntarily. 

Mystery43

I'll still keep XM even if Art goes live on his website for free. I like listening in my car and at work.

shell88

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 06, 2013, 11:34:55 PM
Hey, this email address isn't working for me, it kicks back automatically.
I know. I got my test returned and think I left out the period out after his first name.  I've tried to send that amended and am waiting to see if it returns:
scott.greenstein@siriusxm.com

It's difficult to find their (execs)email accounts sometimes.  If you have a linkedin account you can usually obtain it that way.