• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

alleyrulez

someone give me the Cliff's Notes version of what Snoory had to say.

DanTSX

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 04:23:28 AM

This is something else I just realized: I prefer truck driver callers. I don't know why it never occurred to me, but it did. I wouldn't give a shit if all art had was truck drivers calling in.

Truck drivers are often the only people that make any fucking sense at 3a.m.

They are the gatekeepers of the overnight.

onan

Quote from: alleyrulez on November 06, 2013, 06:41:27 AM

that is the problem with a text based forum... it requires one to read.

DanTSX

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 04:12:55 AM

George has ascended into the inviolate realm of the immortal Gods. Very few of us will ever achieve this --- even in countless myriads of lives --- but George has done it.

What few of you realize is that George's family, the Noories, comes from an ancient Lebanese clan. Noory or Nuri in Arabic means "light". Thus, "workers in the light." This has some parallels to the Nusayri or Alawite sect of Syria --- of which Asad is a member --- and they practice a form of astral ascension, contacting various old deities in the form of various incarnated Imams, who represent the 7 traditional planets and 12 Zodiacal signs. These deities were also worshiped by the Gnostics and Egyptians. In a state of astral projection, one ascends the various spheres, giving a certain "password" to the deity. If it is the correct password, you get to pass to the next level. Many go insane at the higher spheres, having the wrong passwords, but Noory's clan has retained the passwords and Noory --- bless his soul --- has made it to the ninth sphere, beyond even the Zodiac. As such, he now wields measureless power and awe. If recent events are evidence of anything, they are evidence of the truth of these words.

I don't know about you folks but I'm beginning to worship him. I suggest you do the same.

I think you just placed Snooron into Zoroaster level.

onan

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 06:45:27 AM
I think you just placed Snooron into herpes zoster level.

fixed it for ya.

DanTSX

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 06, 2013, 03:59:09 AM
Glad your not going to commit sewer pipe Art! I know a few on here were terribly worried you were. Good thing you came back to say that. I can say even myself I have had some friends do that and it is indeed the worst thing in the world that could ever happen. Thanks Art! We all love you.

Sewer pipe?

Is that like one of those tunnels that the USAF have dug all over the place?  Like to area51?

dan7800

Quote from: jazmunda on November 06, 2013, 06:20:32 AM
Art if you come back I promise only to call every other week.  :D

Thanks for personally ruining the show for us all.

If I am ever in Australia I will look you up. 8)

Wendell73

I am all for Art! ;) ;). He knows what to do and won't do anything that is not best for all concerned. I may be a little disappointed but seriously I am behind his decision no matter what the outcome for us is. After what he has gone thru before this his level of taking B.S. has gotten very limited I am sure. I got a feeling he'll come back...maybe it's just false hope ::)

One thing for sure, he's sensational. 8)

awguy

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 03:30:29 AM
I have not changed my mind about free streaming and intend to make it a reality one way or the other. I have asked Sirius to allow me to act as a Private Broadcaster, then as other shows do, I could stay on Sirius and would be free to stream all I want.
If they go for that all will be well, It would mean no pay from Sirius but I am good with that, I do not need the money. If Sirius says no, then I will, at the first opportunity stream from artbell.com.

This gives me hope. I really hope Sirius goes for this! Thanks Art for coming on here addressing our concerns directly and facing the heat. The fire isn't out but it's getting smaller I think.

DanTSX

Lol @ "child bride"

This thread is so fucking bi-polar.

I have no idea what is going on any more.

I mean, seriously, what is missing?  One of the big C2CAM guests weighing in?

Hoagland!  You slimy self-important pseudo-alchemist mental midgit.  Get in here and find some pattern using your fake math quackery to find a posting trend pointing towards GNoory being a Being of light who put a mars-hex on Art that comet ison will block.

Holy shit.  Who needs radio?  We have this.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 06, 2013, 12:57:22 AM
So it's Bush's fault?

Obama did say that if we like Art Bell, we get to keep Art Bell.

McPhallus

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 06:59:37 AM
Lol @ "child bride"

This thread is so fucking bi-polar.

I have no idea what is going on any more.

I did a double-take when I read that "child bride" phrase.  Really, Art?  Is that who we're talking to?

DanTSX

Quote from: McPhallus on November 06, 2013, 07:08:10 AM
I did a double-take when I read that "child bride" phrase.  Really, Art?  Is that who we're talking to?

He is being sarcastic because many of us here, myself included, have made comments referencing that.

I could actually care less about art's personal life.  But as they say in his line of work.....it makes good radio. I'm just glad that he is happy.

toastycoasty

Having read through most of is thread and posted in it, I think people are protesting a little too much about some for the responses here. A lot of anger was played out live, and maybe not everyone likes profanity, but far too many people clutched their pearls at what was being said. There's a lot of passion here and I think even the loudest, sweariest commenters just want Art back on the radio, as promised.

This forum has a reputation and I think some of it is unfounded. Particularly Art likes to overstate it - until recently the place was a united front in hate for Snoory (which has at times gotten explicit or graphic, but that's where moderation comes in).

So I don't have too much of a problem about most of this thread - if you're easily shocked maybe take out life insurance on yourself before listening to Spooky Matter or Ghost to Ghost replays, your family will need it.

That said, I think that the ban hammer should be out for the people (one or two) who made accusations (or even jokes) about Art murdering Ramona. That is sick fucking shit and beyond the pale. I think that Art was never the same after she passed away and to bring out "jokes" like that is not funny, it's perverse. Whatever you think of Art and his "child bride" (and I certainly found the story of their meeting iffy and at her age I find such a match to be possibly exploitative and unsavoury) they are 2 consenting adults with a a child and it's not anyone's business right now.

But carry on, business as usual. Sermon over.

DanTSX

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 06, 2013, 07:11:53 AM
Having read through most of is thread and posted in it, I think people are protesting a little too much about some for the responses here. A lot of anger was played out live, and maybe not everyone likes profanity, but far too many people clutched their pearls at what was being said. There's a lot of passion here and I think even the loudest, sweariest commenters just want Art back on the radio, as promised.

This forum has a reputation and I think some of it is unfounded. Particularly Art likes to overstate it - until recently the place was a united front in hate for Snoory (which has at times gotten explicit or graphic, but that's where moderation comes in).

So I don't have too much of a problem about most of this thread - if you're easily shocked maybe take out life insurance on yourself before listening to Spooky Matter or Ghost to Ghost replays, your family will need it.

That said, I think that the ban hammer should be out for the people (one or two) who made accusations (or even jokes) about Art murdering Ramona. That is sick fucking shit and beyond the pale. I think that Art was never the same after she passed away and to bring out "jokes" like that is not funny, it's perverse. Whatever you think of Art and his "child bride" (and I certainly found the story of their meeting iffy and at her age I find such a match to be possibly exploitative and unsavoury) they are 2 consenting adults with a a child and it's not anyone's business right now.

[/quote

You are a walking contradiction

toastycoasty

Quote from: DanTSX on November 06, 2013, 07:13:34 AM
Quote from: toastycoasty on November 06, 2013, 07:11:53 AM

[/quote

QuoteYou are a walking contradiction

I don't think so, I think my opinion has been pretty consistent. If I've posted something different to this then maybe I've revised it. But thanks anyway,

toastycoasty

Okay, the HTML formatting of my last post in response to your weirdly formatted post looks bizarre but I'm on an iPad so having trouble fixing it. I just wanted to lay out some thoughts before moving onto the next thing and if you disagree, that's fine with me. I've been on the internet for years and years, I can handle differing ideas.

dan7800

I know we are all upset. However, lets not get upset with each other. Name calling will only help to keep people we want posting here (smart people, Paul, Art etc…) out

Quote from: midnight on November 06, 2013, 01:30:48 AM
This place is making me ill.  I'm gone.  Bye.

Enough with the melodrama already. If you want to be a spineless, groveling sycophant, then have at it. The rest of us who are pissed will continue to have a conversation.

Centurion40

George has ascended into the inviolate realm of the immortal Gods. Very few of us will ever achieve this --- even in countless myriads of lives --- but George has done it.

What few of you realize is that George's family, the Noories, comes from an ancient Lebanese clan. Noory or Nuri in Arabic means "light". Thus, "workers in the light." This has some parallels to the Nusayri or Alawite sect of Syria --- of which Asad is a member --- and they practice a form of astral ascension, contacting various old deities in the form of various incarnated Imams, who represent the 7 traditional planets and 12 Zodiacal signs. These deities were also worshiped by the Gnostics and Egyptians. In a state of astral projection, one ascends the various spheres, giving a certain "password" to the deity. If it is the correct password, you get to pass to the next level. Many go insane at the higher spheres, having the wrong passwords, but Noory's clan has retained the passwords and Noory --- bless his soul --- has made it to the ninth sphere, beyond even the Zodiac. As such, he now wields measureless power and awe. If recent events are evidence of anything, they are evidence of the truth of these words.

I don't know about you folks but I'm beginning to worship him. I suggest you do the same.

Well played!  Bravo!  :)

urbie88

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 11:20:11 PM
Ok, I agree, I am a washed up has been who has lost what little talent I might have had, my memory is fading
fast and my skills as a Interviewer no longer exist. Like a Prize fighter who took one to many punches I am off
in zombieville. I can take a hint, I am done. So I will now leave and abandon my idea of free streaming along
with a life that has now lost all it's meaning. I am sorry to have crushed so many dreams and now understand
full well that the real King has taken his rightful place on the throne of Bell Gab. I understand I am dead to you
all.

Art

When the subject of troll flame decides to troll the boards you know we've launched into some 4th dimensional stuff. 

ItsOver

George has ascended into the inviolate realm of the immortal Gods. Very few of us will ever achieve this --- even in countless myriads of lives --- but George has done it....

That's good.  It would be even better if he just stayed in the inviolate realm of the immortal gods and left the mere mortals alone.

Centurion40

If that really was Art posting, I appreciate that he took the time.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 03:30:29 AM

I still love this board. There is something about the core group that is somewhat loveable and I still feel that way, I do know trolls when I see them, and I can guess where they slime in from. I am toying with the idea of new hours for the show....

There is only one good way to proceed and that is with a better product. That is what I intend to do.

Art
Loves you too dad dude! Hurry back!

Quote from: secretlab on November 06, 2013, 04:42:46 AM
I figured originally that Sirius wouldn't in a million years go for Art's proposal, but I forgot one thing.  They're already doing it with someone else.  No kidding.

There's sort of a passionate guy named Mike Malloy over on Progress.  I like Malloy because he's genuine...and regardless of his political persuasion...there's that passion that can make for good listening.

Malloy was part of the Air America debacle, and a successor liberal network that also failed called Nova M.  Malloy had no syndicator, so he decided to self-syndicate from his Atlanta home.  He owns his show.  He uplinks it to Premier's contracted satellite distribution service which feeds a handful of terrestrial AM affiliates and Sirius.   And he streams his own video and audio...live.

Its one for the legal suits to work out in Art's case, making the show non-exclusive to the extent that it would allow Art's streaming...and there certainly is an existing example they can use.  :D

Mike Malloy is using that business model because he sucks and can't make a living peddling the crap he spews.

Quote from: alleyrulez on November 06, 2013, 06:41:27 AM

Be glad to:

*Geez
*Clashic
*Secret Door
*It's angelsh

DanTSX

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 06, 2013, 07:15:22 AM
I don't think so, I think my opinion has been pretty consistent. If I've posted something different to this then maybe I've revised it. But thanks anyway,

Criticizing others over the Ramona thing, (which nobody actually even brought up here in this thread), and then Criticizing Art for his courtship with His child bride is indeed a contradiction .

Let's just drop the Ramona talk.  None of us know her, and none of us know Art.

Quote from: onan on November 06, 2013, 06:15:39 AM
Fuck, I thought with this much activity there would be naked dancing titties somewhere.

Solidarity, Reg. Blessed are the cheesemakers.

ItsOver

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 06, 2013, 08:07:06 AM
Be glad to:

*Geez
*Clashic
*Secret Door
*It's angelsh

Don't forget "could it be a portal?" and "there are no coishidenshes."