• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Wrath

Gabcast peaked at 150 listeners, and was at 130 at the end. This needs to be a regular radio show!

phrodo

Quote from: WildCard on November 05, 2013, 09:27:42 PM
Thanx for the podcast MV and Curtis. It was cathartic.

Cathartic or catheter-like ... or something like that.

HumanBeing

You can bet your ass George will mention Art tonight on Coast to Coast and he'll say it with class and integrity... even if George has none.. he can act it, real good.
George wins.. Art loses.
George has humungous balls. Art's balls are shriveled and tiny.
;D

Luna

Well, I'm going to go take a shower... everyones vicious words and anger is taking a toll on my depression. ._.

lonevoice

Quote from: ItsOver on November 05, 2013, 09:05:07 PM
What a nightmare, LV.  I'm missing the innocent "Days of the Dolphin."
I hear ya, IO.   It's really over this time, but we'll always have our sweet memories of the Dolphin Days.  You can never go home again.

ItsOver

Quote from: phrodo on November 05, 2013, 09:30:26 PM
Tune into C2C tonight and it'll be catatonic-like.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Afixer on November 05, 2013, 09:18:56 PM
I renewed my Sirius subscription (like a lot of you here) to listen to Art's new show. In life you place your bet and take your chances. Who said life's always fair? I'm sorry to say this website is pretty much a microcosm of what our society has reduced itself to. Petty and self-serving.

You can always tell when you're wrong when you refuse to answer a clear question when asked and, instead, choose to philosophize about our crumbling "society".

Scully

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 05, 2013, 06:14:34 PM

...I'm not understanding the whole "my base was gone" issue.  The base that was aware of the show was listening until last night. Some of the prior listeners from years ago probably hadn't heard that Art Bell was back on the air.  You need time to build up a show from scratch.  And it was essentially being built from scratch, after Art hadn't been on the air in years.  It also takes time to iron out technical issues.  Six weeks is not enough time to ditch it all. It was clear new listeners were tuning in because they'd state they were new to him and his show, having heard adverts on Sirius, so that was a whole new base that could have been formed.

I'm not surprised at this whole turn of events.  I'm disgusted though.  Our family really enjoyed DM and were prepared to listen for years to come.  I will not cancel Sirius.  I'm extremely disappointed that the rest of us have been cut off due to the complaints of a "few hundred" others.  Art was fond of saying that Sirius reached up to 27 million subscribers.  So was it wise or rational to ignore those potential millions of listeners due to a few hundred people who griped about minor technical issues?  It makes no sense to me.

I haven't had time to read the 100 pages that have developed here overnight, so please excuse me if everyone except me understands the "I've lost my base" reason for Art's sudden departure.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, as evidenced by Horror Retro above, so I'll just go ahead and ask:

WHAT THE HELL IS ART TALKING ABOUT THAT HE'S LOST HIS BASE??   :-\

coaster

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 05, 2013, 09:31:16 PM
You can bet your ass George will mention Art tonight on Coast to Coast
god damn it. I'm listening to George tonight. Fuck you radio. This is why we cant have nice things.

nomobjustice

Quote from: coaster on November 05, 2013, 09:33:53 PM
god damn it. I'm listening to George tonight. Fuck you radio. This is why we cant have nice things.
Let's not go fucking crazy now

EarthAlien007

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 05, 2013, 09:23:47 PM
Who in their right mind would want to give Art money to bail out again?
Art is a wealthy man.

What a bizarre couple of days.  Art torpedoes his show, dumps on his fans from a great height, and George continues to win hearts (if not minds) by coming across as a genuinely decent fellow. 

I haven't listened to you in years, George, but this Friday I'm gonna give your show another chance. 

SnapT

ItsOver

Quote from: nomobjustice on November 05, 2013, 09:35:09 PM
Let's not go fucking crazy now

Yeah, this is starting to cross the line.  :D

bateman

Quote from: coaster on November 05, 2013, 09:33:53 PM

I'll try to listen to this, but if his first question is "so what's going on in space these days??", off the radio goes.

QuoteFirst Hour: Aerospace engineer Dr. Robert Zubrin reports on India sending a rover to Mars, and other space stories in the news.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Wilderness on November 05, 2013, 09:35:06 PM
Briefly, what did George say?

I suspect a link to the audio of the George Noory call-in to pop up around here very soon if not already  ;D
It has to be listened to.. haha.. classic George.. I am so saving that shit. So slick and magnanimous haha

Luna

Can people please explain to me the gag about George Noori and Pizza?

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on November 05, 2013, 09:37:22 PM
I'll try to listen to this, but if his first question is "so what's going on in space these days??", off the radio goes.

"Prank, prank, prank!!!!"

tertiaryimam

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 05, 2013, 09:36:25 PM
What a bizarre couple of days.  Art torpedoes his show, dumps on his fans from a great height, and George continues to win hearts (if not minds) by coming across as a genuinely decent fellow. 

I haven't listened to you in years, George, but this Friday I'm gonna give your show another chance.

George is a decent fellow. He's a swell radio host and an all-around good-guy. He's a champion and a lionhearted warrior for this country. Him and UFO Phil.

wenck

Here's another, albeit darker, Downfall parody about all this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1cpZ1rfKFY&

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Wrath on November 05, 2013, 09:29:38 PM
Gabcast peaked at 150 listeners, and was at 130 at the end. This needs to be a regular radio show!
Yes! Great show!
Bellgab crashed on me for the first time since Art came back.

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

WildCard

Quote from: phrodo on November 05, 2013, 09:30:26 PM
Stupid spell-check!

ItsOver

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 05, 2013, 09:36:25 PM
...I haven't listened to you in years, George, but this Friday I'm gonna give your show another chance.

Don't forget to savor UFO Phil at the end of the crapfest, RCD.  ;)

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 05, 2013, 09:39:13 PM

George is a decent fellow. He's a swell radio host and an all-around good-guy. He's a champion and a lionhearted warrior for this country. Him and UFO Phil.
And he shows up for work regularly, none of these 2 year breaks between shows that other hosts are known for.