• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Coz

Quote from: BillW50 on November 05, 2013, 12:50:39 PM
Ain't that the truth! Art has been since what the 90's talked about his antenna array and how much energy it creates just being there. And how many radios he fried before he figured this out? My first thought was ok, how many watts does it generate? Everything he said over the years, it could be less than a watt. Or it could generate thousands of watts. Art just doesn't know! Someone that incompetent, I don't know if I would trust them to install batteries correctly in a flashlight.  :(

Well... the killer with an antenna is not a direct lightning strike... those are pretty rare. The killer for a radio system (or a computer) is the collapsing EM field generated by a close/not too far away lightning strike. Induction.

Appropriate grounding can help with this. But even then you can lose all your equipment even if the stuff is not connected.

Edit: if you are talking about a potentiality from ambient EM.. again grounding is the answer.

shell88

Art's website has now posted this article which states he will continue his presence on the web:
Second posting of this article.
http://siriusbuzz.com/art-bell-leaves-siriusxm.php

Coz

"In the mean time, ArtBell.com will still operate as long as financially possible, hoping for a workable solution to bring Art back to you, soon. Keep checking back here often."

Right... the hosting for that site is under $100.00 a month.... please.

McPhallus

I would agree.  That base he talks about has just gotten a lot smaller and will continue to shrink over the next two years.  Sirius is his only hope, and he'd have to go back soon. If he doesn't, I'd expect the Web site to go down for good, social media accounts to go away/not get reactivated, and for him to quietly fade into obscurity.

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 05, 2013, 12:46:43 PM
Breach of contract, absolutely. Art won't be able to break away from the non-compete agreement and will slip further into irrelevance in those two years he's twiddling his thumbs at home. It's over.

indigoo

Quote from: shell88 on November 05, 2013, 12:56:17 PM
Art's website has now posted this article which states he will continue his presence on the web:
Second posting of this article.
http://siriusbuzz.com/art-bell-leaves-siriusxm.php

That article is just someone speculating. It's not official and it's not even confirmed.

maren

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 05, 2013, 12:10:22 PM
For Bell to be a radio icon, doesn't he have to be, you know, on the radio?

I think I love you.

Quote from: Jackstar on November 05, 2013, 12:53:23 PM
And so, once again--how did you not see this coming?

Art speaking about returning to the Philippines over the debt default situation was suspect, among other comments, so most of his older fans could see the writing on the wall. The truth is, I went "all in" with Dark Matter and it turned out he was up to his old tricks yet again - playing the victim instead of sticking it out. It's a tired routine and I won't fall for it again. 

shell88

If Bell and his team are going to do something to get back on air/stream, they better do it quick, unless they want to permanently loose a huge fan base.  Nobody, understandably, is going to get dragged through this bullshit again.  Nice PR Art.
Take your fans for granted much?

Coz

If Art comes back... here's the possible names for the new show:

1. Black Hole (because this sucks)

2. Singularity (the number of listeners)

3. I shot myself in the foot and had to move to the Philippines to do this shitty podcast

That is all.

Usagi

Faaack.

I went to bed feeling like it would all blow over.  Like Keith, I figured there would be some compromise.  Now, after the note on his website... blah.  As we know, the excuse is waay too flimsy.  We'll probably never find out what's really going on or, by the time we do, most of us won't care.  I can't allow myself to get too upset by it; it would be too exhausting.

I must say, though, that Art is one hell of an actor.  I actually got the impression that he cared and was having fun.  Maybe appearing in another Lindsey Lohan flick won't interfere with his non-compete.

In any case, joke's on us.  I'm glad I was only *thinking* about buying a coffee mug.  Actually, on second thought, that shit'll be pretty funny in a few years (you know, once it no longer makes me want to cry.)

Coz

Quote from: Usagi on November 05, 2013, 01:09:59 PM
Faaack.

I went to bed feeling like it would all blow over.  Like Keith, I figured there would be some compromise.  Now, after the note on his website... blah.  As we know, the excuse is waay too flimsy.  We'll probably never find out what's really going on or, by the time we do, most of us won't care.  I can't allow myself to get too upset by it; it would be too exhausting.

I must say, though, that Art is one hell of an actor.  I actually got the impression that he cared and was having fun.  Maybe appearing in another Lindsey Lohan flick won't interfere with his non-compete.

In any case, joke's on us.  I'm glad I was only *thinking* about buying a coffee mug.  (Actually, on second thought, that shitt'll be pretty funny in a few years (you know, once it no longer makes me want to cry.)

Actually I regret not buying a shirt and a mug... I would have liked to have them even with the show dead.

And remember to support George Noory. He's the better broadcaster because he BROADCASTS!

maren

Quote from: Ravenna on November 05, 2013, 12:16:45 PM

Frankly, I think Art just didn't want to deal with the issues that sprang up, and chose to use them as an excuse to depart rather than work through them with a tiny bit of effort on his part, and the patience of the time it would have taken to build up an audience again.

I think Art was becoming frustrated by the complaints, thought he'd devised the PERFECT solution, and his ego was pierced when Sirius probably said "are you out of your fucking mind??".   Art's ego is huge and I think ultimately he's pretty thin skinned.  And immature.

But hell, I KNOW I'd tune in if he jumped back in.

ItsOver

Quote from: Usagi on November 05, 2013, 01:09:59 PM
...Maybe appearing in another Lindsey Lohan flick won't interfere with his non-compete...

I'm not sure Art could handle all the stability.

BillW50

Quote from: Coz on November 05, 2013, 12:53:45 PM
Well... the killer with an antenna is not a direct lightning strike... those are pretty rare. The killer for a radio system (or a computer) is the collapsing EM field generated by a close/not too far away lightning strike. Induction.

Appropriate grounding can help with this. But even then you can lose all your equipment even if the stuff is not connected.

Edit: if you are talking about a potentiality from ambient EM.. again grounding is the answer.

Being an electronic engineer, I get excited when I hear about free power. Sure static electricity and lightning unwanted are not good. But Art claims it is there all of the time. He did mention lately that someone had a scope and it has both AC and DC (no surprise since you will find that in the air). And he mentioned it is as high as 330 volts. Again no surprise.

But those of us who enjoys free energy would like to know what kind of power you can get off of such an array? It really isn't that hard to figure out. Just ballpark figure would do. Even if you know next to nothing, just connecting up a 100 watt bulb and seeing if it blows instantly or doesn't even glow would be a huge start. As if the energy can't even light a 20 cent 100 watt bulb, there isn't enough free energy to get excited about.

Come on Art, pull your head out of your arse and sort out a new show and a huge apology.

Jnthn932

And remember to support George Noory. He's the better broadcaster because he BROADCASTS!
[/quote] I don't like you. I tried last night to listen to Dave and it just wasn't happening. The days of night time talk radio are over. What we should be doing is contacting Sirius and suggesting potential replacements for Art.

Coz

Quote from: BillW50 on November 05, 2013, 01:20:26 PM
Being an electronic engineer, I get excited when I hear about free power. Sure static electricity and lightning unwanted are not good. But Art claims it is there all of the time. He did mention lately that someone had a scope and it has both AC and DC (no surprise since you will find that in the air). And he mentioned it is as high as 330 volts. Again no surprise.

But those of us who enjoys free energy would like to know what kind of power you can get off of such an array? It really isn't that hard to figure out. Just ballpark figure would do. Even if you know next to nothing, just connecting up a 100 watt bulb and seeing if it blows instantly or doesn't even glow would be a huge start. As if the energy can't even light a 20 cent 100 watt bulb, there isn't enough free energy to get excited about.

Never heard what he said about his antennas... or did not pay attention.

I do seem to remember that he had a 160m meter antenna that covered the better part of a couple of acres. That would pick up a lot of ambient EM.

However, I'm a systems engineer not an electrical engineer... so your take on it is better than mine. My thinking on it is informed by 30 year old electronics training. Even as an Amateur Extra I rarely get into the issues surrounding this.

dan7800

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 05, 2013, 01:24:55 PM

I don't like you. I tried last night to listen to Dave and it just wasn't happening. The days of night time talk radio are over. What we should be doing is contacting Sirius and suggesting potential replacements for Art.

I actually don't mind George Knapp that much. I would even listen to another paranormal host during this spot. Not going to find one in a few weeks though.

EarthAlien007

I don't like you. I tried last night to listen to Dave and it just wasn't happening. The days of night time talk radio are over. What we should be doing is contacting Sirius and suggesting potential replacements for Art.

George Noory SUCKS.
SiriusXM SUCKS.

Coz

Usually it takes longer for folks to dislike me. Congrats!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Coz on November 05, 2013, 01:26:25 PM
Usually it takes longer for folks to dislike me. Congrats!
I can not like you too if it pleases you. Whichever.

dan7800

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 05, 2013, 01:26:21 PM
George Noory SUCKS.
SiriusXM SUCKS.

What did Sirius do wrong? They aren't perfect but 99% of this is on Art.

Jnthn932

Quote from: dan7800 on November 05, 2013, 01:25:57 PM

I actually don't mind George Knapp that much. I would even listen to another paranormal host during this spot. Not going to find one in a few weeks though.
Did you listen to the darkness radio guy hosting coast? He did a fine job. Almost, well, Art like. You're right that's it's going to take longer than a few weeks but you've got to start somewhere. Hell Jim Harold is good too. And I'm saying we need one host. Why not bring in multiple hosts and go from there?

Centurion40

Quote from: Rachael Nexusei on November 05, 2013, 12:50:26 PM
Maybe Art should approach a tv station like Syfy or the like and have sort of a chat show (like a Jay Leno-esque type) with multiple guests.  It would be interesting to see those with differing opinions on a topic (could end up more like Jerry Springer, though!)  I mean, he has a pretty large radio fanbase, right?

(Dunno if anyone may have brought it up before. It could just be a stupid notion.  I have a lot of those....)

Not a bad concept, just not sure if Art's mug would play well on TV.

Usagi

Quote from: Coz on November 05, 2013, 01:31:08 PM
ART BELL SUCKS!

Probably for the first time since the inception of this forum, you might just get a receptive audience for that statement.  Luckily for Art, his suckage isn't enough to fill an entire Compendium.

nomobjustice

Quote from: Centurion40 on November 05, 2013, 01:33:17 PM
Not a bad concept, just not sure if Art's mug would play well on TV.
People would just think they are showing Leprechaun again.