• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

onan

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on November 04, 2013, 05:32:19 PM
So glad I dropped hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a SiriusXM home boombox, car port, radio reciever itself, as well as subscription. Thanks Art! Thanks for taking care of your long time fan. THANKS!

Yeah I have a bit of an investment also. Not as much as you... but certainly more than I would have for a 6 week stint. I am withholding any real negative statements, but if things continue down this road... well... fuck.

aldousburbank

I think it will be interesting to see if Sirius will acknowledge the severance and the expected new subscriber complaints and requests for refunds.

FallenSeraph

WHAT IS HAPPENING? I saw an Art Bell FB status alert that started with "Sometimes All-In Means . . . " so I clicked through to read the whole thing and his FB page is gone. His website has no guests listed. I guess I could read through all these posts. Is he canceling his show??  :o

widespread1

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 05:23:07 PM
Anybody know where to get good crack?
I have a large purple cola that I will be burning down tonight. So bummed :(

McPhallus

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on November 04, 2013, 05:32:19 PM
So glad I dropped hundreds and hundreds of dollars on a SiriusXM home boombox, car port, radio reciever itself, as well as subscription. Thanks Art! Thanks for taking care of your long time fan. THANKS!

He talked like he was going to be around for a long time, so I don't blame anyone for making that investment.

If this is all true, it sounds like it was all about proving a point and had nothing to do with doing a show or the fans.  As soon as the point was made, the fans got thrown under the bus.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: butterbat on November 04, 2013, 04:42:47 PM
From Art's Facebook

"Sometimes when you are "all in" you win, sometimes lose. By mutual agreement Dark Matter will no longer air as of tonight."

OH MY GOD WTFFFFFFF ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME, ART????  :o

aldousburbank

I hereby submit my request for emergency GabCast MV sir!  Any seconds to the motion?

indigoo

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 05:37:03 PM
WHAT IS HAPPENING? I saw an Art Bell FB status alert that started with "Sometimes All-In Means . . . " so I clicked through to read the whole thing and his FB page is gone. His website has no guests listed. I guess I could read through all these posts. Is he canceling his show??  :o

He quit.

widespread1

Quote from: indigoo on November 04, 2013, 05:39:01 PM
He quit.
I dont know... I was huggin some nuts and then they vanished.

eddie dean

I am going to put the blame on dave. Dave Jorch Noory is the reason for my outrage.
Misguided, yes. But it just feels so "right" at the moment.
Fuck, fuck,fuck,fuckity fuck fuck!

Quote from: onan on November 04, 2013, 05:35:46 PM
Yeah I have a bit of an investment also. Not as much as you... but certainly more than I would have for a 6 week stint. I am withholding any real negative statements, but if things continue down this road... well... fuck.
I'm so seriously pissed off right now. I just got back from walking my dog with my old ART BELL Coast to Coast hoodie on...thinking of just ordering some Dark Matter T's even though they are overpriced and not the best quality...instead I think  may just burn my hoodie. Can't believe I'm saying it,but really Art? You rope everyone in and get people to shell out for you and you pull the rug out from everyone? Are you really doing this to all your longtime and hardcore fans? Wasn't this going to be a work in progress anyway as kinks in the program get worked out along the way? This wasn't something that couldn't have been worked out with some creativity,work, and some compromising? Don't we deserve that since we all shelled out for a "RIDE"?  I'm so disappointed as is everyone else. I can't believe you would do this.

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 05:39:00 PM
I hereby submit my request for emergency GabCast MV sir!  Any seconds to the motion?

I do!

Miranda

I've been reading here for a while, but first time posting. I'm near tears. This is such a betrayal to his loyal fans.  So glad I didn't buy equipment or commit to a one-year subscription like I was originally going to.  I guess I'm only out two month's worth of fees for this nonsense. I honestly wish he had never come back to radio. The workup over the summer leading up to his announcement was a lot of fun, but this is a letdown in the extreme. I can't imagine that there will be a second comeback, and even if there was, I'm done being taken for a ride. This is the end of the line.  I guess it's back to U7 and torrents. At least he can't mess with us there.

DigitalGuy

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 05:39:00 PM

Yes, I second that for sure!

Marc.Knight

No announcement on Sirius... yet.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Philosopher on November 04, 2013, 05:44:21 PM
No announcement on Sirius... yet.

probably won't be.  they'll just play something else tonight and pretend nothing happened.

edit:  or they'll play one of his DM shows.

Cynnie

Artbell website is still there ..i really think something is in the works

TumbleWeed

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 04, 2013, 05:42:02 PM
I haven't felt this disillusioned and disappointed since I ordered Dick Dastardly's Mean Machine toy race car from the back of a Cheerios box and received Penelope Pitstop's Compact Pussycat toy race car instead.

(this was a while back)

That would  be a horrible event.

coaster

I hope Art and Sirius offer refunds.  Art doesn't think that if he hides under the covers that it will all go away, does he. People deserve an explanation. Art knew what he was getting into when he went with Sirius.

FallenSeraph

Just so you know what kind of a f*cking week I'm having - over the weekend my dad got in an accident that caused severe head trauma, which resulted in severe brain hemorrhaging. They've been trying to drain the blood, but meanwhile he's like . . . I don't know, a childlike vegetable now and they're warning us that the brain damage is probably going to be bad. So I've had a hellish past three days at the hospital.

The only thing that was keeping me sane, AS SAD AS IT SOUNDS, was the prospect of listening to tonight's show with you guys and taking my mind off all this tragic shit for a few hours.

AND NOW THIS.

SHEEEEZUS, I HAD A WEIRD FEELING HE WAS GOING TO FLAKE THE HELL OUT â€" ask Chine. She's the only one I was brave enough to confess that vibe to.  :(

YOU HAVE BROKEN MY HEART, ART. SERIOUSLY.

Good God, no wonder Gnoory changed his AV to a crown. He's probably throwing a BIG DAMN PIZZA ROLL PARTY right now.

Goodpumba

why has this happened again this cost me 400.00 for 28 shows.
not bad i guess it breaks down to $14.29 a show  >:( :o :

Derpspiracy

Hey, guys. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but Mr. Derpspiracy just got off the line with Sirius customer support. Now, I know that sometimes the Sirius people are about as smart as a bowl of moldy bananas, but they assured him several times that Dark Matter is still airing.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 05:19:52 PM
i guess we have something more to talk about on the next gabcast other than your breathing.

This calls for an emergency session of the gabcast.

Perhaps gabcast can become daily? ;)

AppealPlay

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 05:46:40 PM

Ain't that the truth.  I don't know why I even care at this point.  It's just that Art is a professional at what he does and it pisses me off that he strings his fans along.

I really wish he would either stay retired forever or stick to one fucking show consistently.

I purchases a satellite radio and a subscription just to listen to Art Bell's show.  I feel like this is total bullshit.

warsau

Quote from: Cynnie on November 04, 2013, 05:45:53 PM
Artbell website is still there ..i really think something is in the works

He shouldn't bother. Shutting down his FB page immediately following his announcement is a huge insult to his fans. You can only come back so many times.

coaster

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 05:47:58 PM

Good God, no wonder Gnoory changed his AV to a crown.
Noory should realize that hes still am imbecile. He will always continue to suck, regardless of Art.