• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131030 - Michael and Nicole Sebastian - Night Terrors and Dream Intrusion

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 30, 2013, 06:24:36 PM

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2013, 10:28:15 AM
For reals. Class act.

I'm seriously jealous of Chine's work experience with the United Federation of Planets. Plus, every solid crew had at least one Vulcan.

aldousburbank

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 31, 2013, 11:30:44 AM
I'm seriously jealous of Chine's work experience with the United Federation of Planets. Plus, every solid crew had at least one Vulcan.
Damn straight bro!

FallenSeraph

I actually fell asleep last night after Nicole's "Huuuuuuuuuuu" thing. About to listen to this show now.

The only quasi-negative thing it could be is that Art and Airyn (and Asia) are returning to the Phillippines for good. Art has hinted on-air that he is open to going back, and the fact that he used WE rather than I could be telling.

The only reason that it would be quasi-negative is that it would probably take Art a few weeks to get everything set up to get the show running again if he moves back there. No way is he retiring, though.

Otherwise, all the possible scenarios are good-to-great. Here is my guess (could be one or all of these):

Art will host Friday night in addition to Mon-Thurs
    Live weekend shows hosted Whitley Strieber every Saturday night and first two Sundays of the month.
    Live weekend shows with George Knapp the last two Sundays of the month.

Again, just my guesses  but I think we'll all be happy with the announcement.

CornyCrow

The Sebastians are interesting guests. 
I was first introduced to the 'HU' (God) sound by a group called Eckankar.  They have a website and also publish books on dreams.  I wonder if the Sebastians got their ideas from this 'Eck' group?  At any rate, I wish them luck.  I think the Eck group is a bit of a cult.  They charge a lot for their things and the deeper you get into them the more money you seem to pay out.  I felt sorry for the poor people who followed them.  That is not to say that they are peddling untruths, just that you can get the same information for a lot less money elsewhere.  I remember a few decades ago they were pulling all the money that they could out of their membership for a new temple(I think that's what they called it). 

Art remembers what his guests say and if they start sidestepping issues he holds their feet to the fire.  I like that.  He has a good 'bs' sensor. 

I am glad that they said that traveling out of the body can expose a person to bad situations.  That's true, to my experience. 

I'm also glad that Art said most witches are good but the Sebastians are correct that nothing should ever be done to influence a person against his will.  Easier said than done, when you think of it, no?     

aldousburbank

I hope the news is that Art has struck a deal for ownership of all his old C2C material, and that it will provide the non DM filler on a devoted Sirius channel, and that the name Art Bell shall be stricken from the records of Tommy and Georgie's mom's garage and their dopey little website. And that The Knappster will join the Dark Matter weekend lineup. I hope.

Quote from: DontFearTheReaper on October 31, 2013, 11:56:50 AM
The only quasi-negative thing it could be is that Art and Airyn (and Asia) are returning to the Phillippines for good. Art has hinted on-air that he is open to going back, and the fact that he used WE rather than I could be telling.

The only reason that it would be quasi-negative is that it would probably take Art a few weeks to get everything set up to get the show running again if he moves back there. No way is he retiring, though.

Otherwise, all the possible scenarios are good-to-great. Here is my guess (could be one or all of these):

Art will host Friday night in addition to Mon-Thurs
    Live weekend shows hosted Whitley Strieber every Saturday night and first two Sundays of the month.
    Live weekend shows with George Knapp the last two Sundays of the month.

Again, just my guesses  but I think we'll all be happy with the announcement.

One thing I forgot to mention - I would be shocked if they don't create an all-Art Bell channel on the internet side of SiriusXM once there is enough of a backlog of shows built up. Seems a little early for that to happen already, but who knows.

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2013, 12:05:37 PM
I hope the news is that Art has struck a deal for ownership of all his old C2C material, and that it will provide the non DM filler on a devoted Sirius channel, and that the name Art Bell shall be stricken from the records of Tommy and Georgie's mom's garage and their dopey little website. And that The Knappster will join the Dark Matter weekend lineup. I hope.

That would be cool... I wonder how they'd get around Art mentioning "This is coast to coast AM" at every break... It would be really nice though. I'd be similarly excited if he got his Dreamland material back for rebroadcast. Those were good too.

Falkie2013

Quote from: WhiteCrow on October 31, 2013, 03:09:13 AM
The Guy from Pittsburgh IMHO is very entertaining and knowledgeable on many different subjects.
... I like him a lot and enjoy his videos and posts. He is part of what makes BellGab a special place to hang out.

WOW.

* blush *

< BOWS >

Thank you for the comment.
I'm going to start posting videos on the stupid $nooryisms one mention at a time. Maybe call it Today's Idiocy From The Demented Mind of the $nooremaster.
I know its bugging the hell out of hm !
But I think we're ALL esteemed members except for the trolls and the $nooremaster.

And by the by, taanstafl on the Coastal.com site as frequently shown above. The frames are free. But if you wear bifocals, they nail you for that. I called them and it would cost me $ 139 without transitions. If I go to Costco it would cost me $180 with transitions. Transitions is a process where the lenses get darker when you go into sunlight. I get migraines from sunlight or bright lights.
Which is why I became a night person I guess. Except for the fact that many stores are only open from 9 or 10 to 5, I'd only go out at night.
On Monday I will decide whether or not to go with Coastal or just go over to Costco. Coastal has one advantage. You get glasses in about a week. Costco takes 2.
Like Dracula and Art Bell, I, too, am a creature of the night.
If I could, I'd get NASA to put a huge pair of Foster Grants on the sun just so it wouldn't be so bright.
I will never be a morning person.
Today I woke up at 10 am after going to bed around 4 am and found my other broken glasses and taped them up. so they don't fall off my face.
I got a copy of Photoshop for Photographers and am going to read it. And amlooking forward to getting my video camera so I can post videos of animals, accidents, meteors or what have you.
I found a site that also pays you for your you tube videos by way of donation.

http://youtubegive.com

You have to give them your bank account numbers and people can choose to donate to you once your videos get a minimum of a 1000 views.
And by the way, Onan, I offered Area51Drone to pay him for the $30 bucks I sent him even though I never got it. He declined. I also offered to pay him the $6 the post office charges to find out if someone cashed his money order to me. I feel bad he's out the money. I have the money to re-imburse him now.

Now if I could just find my checkbook ....

Oh, I forgot. Happy Halloween everyone !
Today is my gf's and my anniversary. We had our first date on Halloween 36 years ago.
The nightmare never ends.
;) ;) ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

lonevoice

Art Bell:  "After tomorrow night's show, I'm gonna have an announcement of some significance, before the end of the program. And, in poker parlance, I will simply say, We're all in."

I can't wait to hear what this "announcement of some significance" may be.  One thing for sure, Art will have everyone tuned into Spooky Matter tonight because of this teaser, rather than, say, a certain other show's Halloween special.  Good move. 

Art is generally precise in his use of language, even moreso when it's something he's prepared, like his pre-announcement annoucement last night.  I'd guess his use of the poker analogy is meaningful.  As he said, "In poker parlance, we're all in." 

If you're playing poker, there's going to be one winner and the rest are losers.  If you're "all in," you're so certain of your winning hand that you're betting all you have that you've won the game.   This has basically been a two-man high-stakes poker game between Art/DarkMatter and the PremRat/Dave Noorie borg.     

I believe the "we" Art meant (in the "we're all in") is his Dark Matter team:  Art, SiriusXM, Paul Bowman, Keith Rowland.   Whatever it is, Art thinks it's good.   His bar for what is good may not be set quite as high as some of his fans (including me!) who want it to be more live days for DM, or a live weekend host, or an Art Bell channel on SiriusXM.  But what if it is??  *insert hyperventilating here*

Perhaps related, Dave Noorie logged into BellGab at 12:54AM this morning just to change his avatar to this one:

Sorry, Dave.  There has only ever been ONE king of Late Night Radio, and that's Art Bell.  You've never been anything more than a ridiculous and pathetic pretender to the throne. 

popple

Quote from: Chine on October 30, 2013, 10:32:53 PM
I remember those I've had as far back as the age of 6 or 7 yrs of age. I drew them in full detail. Remember them vividly. I kept pages of my dreams. I still paint from my dreams.

When I was 12, I dreamt of figures dancing and their masks. Drew them out. Twenty years later, I'm performing in a production in NYC. I go backstage and see props built by interns. There were my masks, in full detail...the characters in my dream at 12.

This is beautiful.

The General

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 02:05:35 PM
Falkie I don't know if the loan thing was a joke or not but there sure were some rude remarks over it.  I was turned off by that.  I hope some apologize actually.  I would have if I had said anything bad.
If you are going to publicly humiliate yourself, a little ridicule is to be expected.
Hopefully soon he'll be accepting apologies for $29.95 each in the form of a check or money order.
And that's cheaper than any C Crane product.  A bargain, really. 

Quote from: lonevoice on October 31, 2013, 02:04:08 PM

Perhaps related, Dave Noorie logged into BellGab at 12:54AM this morning just to change his avatar to this one:

Sorry, Dave.  There has only ever been ONE king of Late Night Radio, and that's Art Bell.  You've never been anything more than a ridiculous and pathetic pretender to the throne.

I wonder what the crown is all about. Does Dave now think he's the king of the late night radio wars? I'm praying this little exhibition has nothing to do with Art's announcement.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 31, 2013, 02:21:23 PM
I wonder what the crown is all about. Does Dave now think he's the king of the late night radio wars? I'm praying this little exhibition has nothing to do with Art's
announcement.

Falkie2013

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 02:05:35 PM
Falkie I don't know if the loan thing was a joke or not but there sure were some rude remarks over it.  I was turned off by that.  I hope some apologize actually.  I would have if I had said anything bad.

Nope. The loan thing was not a joke. I was told the WRONG information on the costs by the Sirius people. I will still eventually get a car radio but I want to write the Sirius chairman a letter first and see if they can reduce the cost for all the aggravation I went through trying to get a $29 radio that was really a $52 radio. Like so many customer serviice ( a true contradiction in terms in so many cases nowadays ) sites, Sirius hires people who have trouble grasping concepts in English or have bad customer service skills.
I have the $52 bucks but I'm still ticked off with spending an hour on the phone with a clueless idiot who kept asking me to bear with him and who was incapable of adding up a series of figures to arrive at the final total.
IF my Canon printer would arrive, I could write the chairman a snail mail letter because sometimes snail mail has more effect than sending an email which usually gets a boilerplate " do not reply " in return.
As for those who made rude remarks, to hell with them. I guess they've never been tapped out the day before payday.
A sizeable %age on any website are always going to flame other people no matter what the provocation.
And I have no problem with you thanks.

Falkie2013

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2013, 02:24:49 PM

That picture cries out for enlargement and instead of Burger King it should read Boreking and substitute a head of $noory for the slide.
Or a picture of a McDonalds and change the slogan to " billions of billions put to sleep ".
Or bored to death.
Or ... you put today's $nooryism on the sign.

Like he would say :

" Did you ever try to eat a bee while it's still buzzing ? I wonder what that would feel like when its in your mouth. Would it sting you as you swallow it  or when it goes down into your stomach ? And would it sitll be buzzing in your stomach. "

Tomorrow look for $noory to ask the question :

" What would happen if you swallowed an alarm clock before it went off ? Would the alarm still work in your stomach ? "

Falkie2013

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 02:30:08 PM
wtf is Noory's nick anyway?

Knucklehead At Night.
Everytime I'd hear his streamlink ads all I could think of was this guy.
Of course, Snerd would have been a far, far better host than the Boremaster.
With apologies to Mortimer and the whole Bergen family.

The General

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 02:15:42 PM
So it's of YOUR opinion that he publicly humiliated himself?
Yeah.  Not a big deal.  But, yeah.  Asking strangers on the internet to send you $30 should be a little humiliating.  Especially for someone who blathers on and on about economic matters in posts and videos.

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 02:15:42 PM
How about he publicly humbled himself to folks he thinks of as comrades General Cruel?
I think you're taking it a little too seriously. 
Anyone that's that big of an attention seeker needs a thick skin.
We're just helping him develop one.

Falkie2013

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 31, 2013, 02:24:49 PM

$noory forgets one thing.
Burger King FIRED the King.
It may well happen to the latenight king of stupidity as well.
Or is that the people on TMZ on Sirius ?

Falkie2013

Quote from: The General on October 31, 2013, 02:37:40 PM

Yeah.  Not a big deal.  But, yeah.  Asking strangers on the internet to send you $30 should be a little humiliating.  Especially for someone who blathers on and on about economic matters in posts and videos.
I think you're taking it a little too seriously. 
Anyone that's that big of an attention seeker needs a thick skin.
We're just helping him develop one.

I don't consider it humiliating at all. IF my broker hadn't had to have me fill out a form which they never told me about I'd never have put the post on in the first place because I would have had the money to get the radio.
But then I suppose YOU have never had times when you've been broke, have you ?
And really wanted something really badly and it was days or weeks before payday.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 31, 2013, 02:41:14 PM
And really wanted something really badly and it was days or weeks before payday.
Totally dude!

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 02:37:37 PM
;) tks and I loved you on BellCast!!!

haha thanks, but I didn't do anything except insert the occasional snark.

lonevoice

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 31, 2013, 02:21:23 PM
I wonder what the crown is all about. Does Dave now think he's the king of the late night radio wars? I'm praying this little exhibition has nothing to do with Art's announcement.
Dave may think he's winning a round of poker against Art Bell, but everyone knows Dave's sitting at the kiddie table by himself playing "Go Fish" with his imaginary friends.  He's using a booster chair because his feet don't reach the ground, and what he thinks is a crown is really a cheap little plastic dime store tiara.  If his little excursion into avatars this morning has anything to do with Art's announcement, my bet is that little Dave's about to be pwned.  In fact, I'm all in on that bet.

The General

I don't consider it humiliating at all.
Yeah, I know.  I think that's part of why it generated so much attention. 

Yeah, sure.  But delayed gratification makes life so much more enjoyable.

I thought that the Onan's voice was the best part of the podcast. He reminded me a lot of Kevin Smith. He is a bit of a fucking nuthugger, though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: I Suck on October 31, 2013, 01:57:00 PM
I really don't give a shit what any body in the world thinks of me or what I'll post so I'm going to express myself and if you quote it and reply nastily, fuck off. Actually I apologize for putting it that way.

1.) the thread was slow because of some now banned jagg offs that were here so it def turned folks off at least for a night.  I backed off too.

2.) there are some rude people here and I'll stop myself there.

3.) onan I hate you for BellCast you're way too negative and sound short of breath and I'll stop there

4.) on the subject of cussing on Bell's show which I will state again I feel should be allowed doesn't mean it should be the way a lot of fucked up people talk with fuck every other word in their sentences every second of their life and I mean every other word, it would ruin the show, but an occasional shit or like Art trying to say fuck. that's a good thing.  No fucking kid should be listening to the show ever, that's the one point I don't agree with with Bell.  It's not a kids show!

4.) BellCast members all seem to agree and think it was unbelievable that some longtime fans would have what they felt is a NEGATIVE critique about DM and I just think that's insane!  I also did think it started funny then got a little bit immature or too over the top for my liking.  I'd love to hear people's opinions on that point.  Holes in fat bellies and polking the intestines and fucking bananas, faces on shit, making fun of movie stars that are handsome, I could go on and on. I thought we were going to hear more intelligent insights. Also I couldn't tell who was who.

Having listened ALL THE WAY THROUGH, I am thinking not anywhere ready for prime time.  Grow up.

5.) I loved this show so much.  If they are full if it I already felt in agreement with some of what they said and they sure were confident and in tune with each other and their answers.  It was impressive.  I don't care if any one agrees.

6.) Steelbot, sorry I don't know you much having recently come here but what was that voice recording you did.  I'd take it down because whatever thought I had of you and it wasn't really conscious I certainly have one now and it's not good.  You sound nuts.

7.) if this is considered flaming or trolling well duh, I don't get it.  I'm just being a vicious critic, which most of you seem to be prideful of.  I'm speaking my mind and I don't think MV has anything against freedom of speech.

first off, when submitting a review, please get the name of the product correct.  you're facially raping our brand.

second, why are you posting a gabcast review in the live show thread?

The General

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 31, 2013, 02:55:55 PM
I thought that the Onan's voice was the best part of the podcast. He reminded me a lot of Kevin Smith. He is a bit of a fucking nuthugger, though.
Ha ha... hearing onan was my favorite too.
I though he sounded a little like Nicolas Cage.